Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I get My Wedding Stories?

I want the world, the CAS and the slow dancing... But I know I (most probably) won't use the weddings or wedding planner career. My sims always elope. Is it still worth getting?

Should I get My Wedding Stories? 50 votes

Yes
52%
alan650111Cabelle1863BlkBarbiegalJueJueimhappydanacnbrettMi9shaoscarAlrynncchant86robyngravesg01denswanGlimmer50airmanXxAirixXannaliese39EnkiSchmidtBriana2425AlanSimsKbobsterSERVERFRA 26 votes
No
16%
BreeSashaOnversertexxx78EvaliynBreazonaClousinatorsjpsulsuldagdagmewo13 8 votes
Other
32%
ncisGibbs02maggiemae8135simgirl1010JestTruRamblineRosegc6164MoonfoxNightcryLatinaBunnyLoves2draw1812HCSauLady_BallorahaisinKimmerReaganboganIsharellThirteenCatz 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    Other
    If you're not going to use the wedding features then I'd say the CAS, Build/Buy, the World, and slow dancing are worth getting it on sale.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Thanks @simgirl1010 I saw that it was on sale recently and if it had been 50% off I'd have got it for sure... But I'd only have got £3 off and I still wasn't sure whether I wanted it so I didn't end up buying. I may wait for it to go to 50% off
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Other
    I bought it just for the world and slow dance. CAS options are nice too. I haven't even tried weddings yet. I love the world and it's worth enough for the price for me, but I'm not very picky and I'm not a grumpy Simmer either, so maybe I'm not the best person to say anything. :D
  • Options
    @Kimmer thank you :) I like to think that I'm not too grumpy either :D just not sure if it's worth me spending £17.99 just for the world, cas and slow dancing... The world is VERY pretty though so I am tempted
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Other
    I'm waiting for a 50% off sale :smile: I mainly want it for the slow dancing, tea sets and drawing in the sand/snow, but I'll use the world, bb and cas too. I'm quite sure I won't use the weddings much, because my sims don't often get married and I also quite like the base game weddings so that's why I haven't bought it yet and are a bit unsure.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Other
    @Kimmer thank you :) I like to think that I'm not too grumpy either :D just not sure if it's worth me spending £17.99 just for the world, cas and slow dancing... The world is VERY pretty though so I am tempted
    Maybe it will be on sale soon. There isn't much gameplay without the wedding, but I often enjoy just the little things, like my Sims walking around the town and getting to know other Sims etc. Tartosa is great for it and it has a very nice vibe, it's not a big town and I love the little kiosks/shops where my Sims can buy some food and use the toilet. It has a very relaxing mediterranean feeling. B)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    No
    I think it's definitely not worth full price, I think they do summer sales most years so I'd say to wait a few weeks and then it'll probably go cheaper
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Other
    I'm waiting for it to ho on sale. Mostly hrvsysr I just want the world.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    haisin wrote: »
    I'm waiting for a 50% off sale :smile: I mainly want it for the slow dancing, tea sets and drawing in the sand/snow, but I'll use the world, bb and cas too. I'm quite sure I won't use the weddings much, because my sims don't often get married and I also quite like the base game weddings so that's why I haven't bought it yet and are a bit unsure.

@haisin yeah I suppose I sort of am too. I probably would have got it in the last sale if it had been 50% off but it was only about £3 off for me
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Yes
    Are you still missing an SP and also interested in getting High School years? If so, you could wait for High school to become eligible for Build a bundle and combine it with MWS and a stuff pack. (That was my plan, but now I'm not so certain anymore if I want HSY at all).
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Other
    I bought the pack on sale and think that it is worth the sale price. I have done two weddings and the only problems I have had is with the officant. I keep the wedding party guests small to 8 sims that does not include the flower pal, ring bearer etc. I like the pack for the world, the CAS, dancing, and buy. I have the world set up as a vacation world and wedding so my sims can get married, renew vows, and go on their vacations there. I hope if you do buy the pack you will enjoy it because for me it add to my game play and story telling.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hmm... for me the world is amazing. Like Oasis Springs it has an area that has very little shells so I can make it into anything I want!

The area with the waterfall has one building with bathrooms, other than that the only buildings there are those that you place so for me it is great! The tea set is great for me, use it all the time. Have my main family there since a sleepy little town suits them.

For me it was a really good world, don't know how well it jives with your needs.

Edit: forgot to mention that I love the wedding cakes to bits. Made a whole save about building a retail store for wedding cakes. Haven't touched a single wedding since the pack dropped but it has been well worth it for me.
  • Options
    Are you still missing an SP and also interested in getting High School years? If so, you could wait for High school to become eligible for Build a bundle and combine it with MWS and a stuff pack. (That was my plan, but now I'm not so certain anymore if I want HSY at all).

Nice idea but I actually have all of the SPs and I definitely won't be waiting to get HSY since I'm so excited to play it :D
  • Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    Other
    Don't pay full price for it, wait for it to go on sale. There are some nice elements to the pack but it is not worth full price.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2022
    Other
    It depends on what appeals to you and whether you would like to get it now or on sale.

For me, the world alone was enough for me to buy full price. I’ve only used the wedding stuff once before they patched it. I’ve just not gotten around to playing the wedding venues again.

I build a lot in Tartosa and enjoy the furniture options, the Markovich house is the only lot I leave as is. They are my favourite family there.

I place as many Sims as possible to live in Tartosa and I enjoy going around the world.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    Yes
    If you're not going to use the wedding features then I'd say the CAS, Build/Buy, the World, and slow dancing are worth getting it on sale.

THat's how I feel. I use the Wedding feature and it runs like all Sims Weddings do. Disorganized, random guests showing up naked, no one paying attention to my couple exchanging vows. But I absolutely love the CAS and BB. They have this wonderful rattan dining chair that I use for Victorian, eclectic and Boho builds. I love all the new Formal Wear, including feminine suits (and I believe a masculine suit fitted for a feminine frame). The rings are pretty. I love the buffet tables because they are small and round and the Sims can take the leftovers home. I put those in every household for parties. Wedding is one of my fave packs as a builder and CASser.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Yes
    I'm saying yes but with the caveat that you should wait until it's 50% off. No point paying more than that if you only want about half the features. The world is pretty, with swimmable water, and if you have GTW you can make and sell the cakes in a bakery, and with Seasons you can make and sell the bouquets as well. The wedding dresses come in multiple colors so you can use them as normal formal wear also.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Other
    I'd say wait for a sale just off principle that the main function is choppy micro management, like who wants that? Even if the main theme isn't your thing we all deserve smooth working gameplay for full price.
    I don't have the pack because I don't feel like compiling tips in order to have a wedding right now. This was a theme I desperately wanted, and I do want that world, and the extra cakes. The pack has some good qualities. I'm just a gameplay focused player and I don't feel like they deserve full price money for MWS. That release was unacceptable and the subsequent fixes from what I've read and witnessed, weddings are still a toss up.
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    Other
    Wait for a sale so you don't have as much regret if you don't like it. The pack is very hit or miss so it depends on your play style.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Other
    I bought it because I did want the weddings though I haven't had a chance to try them yet. I don't regret buying it even if I don't use weddings often because I like the world and love the build/buy items. The weddings cakes and flower arrangements make excellent additions for having a bakery and flower shop, which I have been wanting to build for my game. I enjoy the slow dancing and also the tea ceremony, so this pack was well worth it for me. I agree with others here that if you are interested in the items and some of the gameplay but not weddings, to wait until a sale. I use Tortosa as a quiet vacation spot where my sims can enjoy the beach, just relax and try to build the message in the bottles collection.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Other
    I liked having new types of weddings and new world and some new CAS and B/B, so it was worth it for me, but I would only recommend it for others if they like doing a lot of management with the weddings and if they really love the look of the world. If you want it just for the world, then I would suggest waiting for a sale.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Yes
    I'm waiting for it to be on sale. Just the world is worth it, very beautiful.
  • Options
    airmanairman Posts: 18 Member
    Yes
    If you play a lot of families, I think it would be more impactful to get it based on everything you can do with it
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes
    That's why I got the pack. I so love Tartosa, the shops, the very beautiful outfits, hair & accessories. The objects are wonderful, especially the playable tea set & champaigne. So way cool. B)<3
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Other
    If you know you won't use everything, I would not give a huge yes. However, you mentioned elopements and there is a nice little register office in the new world where you can just get married. I have sent a few of my sims to the Tartosa on a date to elope at the register office.
    Having bought the pack, I can say it's a good pack. It creates more variety in that not every wedding is the same now, I can adapt stories to fit my sims. Plus, the things you've said you like the sound of - the world, the CAS, and the slow dancing - are some of the things I'd recommend about it.
    Still, I think the point for it to go on sale is getting close, so if you can wait, wait. :)
    HSau :)