Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinions on Werewolf Appearances?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I like their appearance. Their much more attractive then werewolves in other Sims Packs.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I did not have the Supernatural pack in TS1 and didn't get all packs for TS2 until the Ultimate Collection. Plus, I never played TS3, so TS4 Werewolves will be my first experience playing with them. I'm excited for it! I think they look really good apart from the heads seem a bit small. However, it seems we can customize the head shape in CAS for their Were form and sounds like a lot of other things as well.

I've been yearning for Shapeshifters in TS4 and Werewolves will probably be the closest I'll ever get to them, so I'm thrilled for this pack. I might finally be able to write/play out a story in tribute to a favored trilogy of books I've wanted to do for a long time. The main characters include; a sorcerer, witch, scholar (Queen of a mythical land with dragons), warrior (vampire hunter), shapeshifter and a vampire (twin brother of the sorcerer)!

Since they do sound very customizable, perhaps with the help of talented Simmers such as pugowned, my shapeshifter can shift into at least the 'look' of other animals. A gal can dream anyway! <3
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    I do find it a bit amusing that people are talking about werewolves as if there is only one true depiction and not something from folklore and mythology of many different cultures with further depictions in modern film and fiction.

This is what I thought too. It seems so odd that people are focused on specific things when there have been so many variants over many generations. Like I never even expected tails. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had had them, or not. Or had they just turned into a full wolf form, I have seen that lore, so I wouldn't have been surprised or put off.

I don't think the "no tail" thing has ever been a part of any known mythos in Scandinavia, but then the "man beast" is not our traditional myths; full wolf is just like in say Ireland. The man beast came with Hollywood to us.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    screen2werepack-768x432.jpg
    Image can be found here
    I had looked at this picture last night. A lot of the wolves give me a children's Little Red Riding Hood vibe, but the one on the bottom far right looks exactly how I would want my werewolves to look.

I don't think we'll get it, but I would love to have my wolves bulk up when they transform into their wolf form, but not be a hulking mountain of muscles in human form, especially my ladies. Since we can't do that with the vampire normal/dark forms I doubt we'll suddenly gain the ability to have separate bodies sizes for our wolfies. A girl can dream can't she?

Did anybody else hear Jaqen H'ghar or Arya Stark when they read 'A girl'? I heard Arya as I was typing it.

Well, they did say that the beast form can be unlinked from the sim's usual form, so I take that to mean that we could make the beasty one bulkier than the original sim. I hope so, anyway. I especially want to make my beasts with larger heads, but without affecting the head size of the original sim.

Maybe we can change it after unlinking? I didn't think we could alter their physique, I thought that was permanently linked? There may be hope yet.

I haven't heard about details yet for the werewolves, but I'm hoping that the forms can be linked/unlinked in the same ways as vampires, which have several different options if you want some parts linked and others unlinked (or you can do a complete link or complete unlink). I've made a few of my vampires look vastly different in their dark form than they do in their human form, but I haven't actually tried altering the body on those. However, there is a body option in the link/unlink submenu, so I assume it can be edited to at least some extent.

Aside from the unlinking aspect, I get the impression from the trailer that they already get bigger looking in their werewolf form. In the trailer, all the werewolf forms were larger than their human form, and you can even see it on the cover picture. Look at the body shape and size comparison, even the shoulder height is different. I wonder if that may be part of why the heads are a little small, to accommodate for a larger body, without making them taller.
    thesimsgermany.jpg

Oh, good point. I was never certain which of the beast forms belonged to which sim. I was too busy watching the animation and looking at other details, I guess. :lol: But it does make sense, now that I look at them again in that way. I don't expect them to become huge and heavily muscled (if they weren't already at least somewhat so), but I think I can work with what we'll be getting. I'm looking forward to seeing more about that. And about other features in the pack, of course. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I thought their legs seemee a little weird, but i admit i liked how cute they looked the moment i saw the leaked cover. Their apparence is not what i first picture when i think of werewolves though. Dont care if there are some other interpretations or something that depict werewolves looking similar to this as i still dont imagine them that way, but like someone else already said, it is ok for the sims to have their own take on how they could look. They still look mostly alright and i am excited about making my own ones and playing around with all the customization options. I also love that they look like cartoon characters!! It is probably what is making them appealing to me in the first place.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I like their appearance. Their much more attractive then werewolves in other Sims Packs.

I agree.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
    edited June 2022
    It surprised me because Maxis did scary vampires, I thought werewolves would be scary too like the previous game.

But I like these friendly Twilight werewolves.
  • Options
    viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    They look like they stepped out of the recent Cats movie. Extreme Uncanny Valley.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I like them. Yes, they are cartoony but that fits with the general art style of the game I think.
    I also play alot of World of Warcraft which also has a very specific non realistic aesthetic and there is only so far you can go in games like these without losing the charm.
    Besides I imagine you will be able to customize them to look as bada** as you want!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    edited June 2022
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    screen2werepack-768x432.jpg
    Image can be found here
    I had looked at this picture last night. A lot of the wolves give me a children's Little Red Riding Hood vibe, but the one on the bottom far right looks exactly how I would want my werewolves to look.

I don't think we'll get it, but I would love to have my wolves bulk up when they transform into their wolf form, but not be a hulking mountain of muscles in human form, especially my ladies. Since we can't do that with the vampire normal/dark forms I doubt we'll suddenly gain the ability to have separate bodies sizes for our wolfies. A girl can dream can't she?

Did anybody else hear Jaqen H'ghar or Arya Stark when they read 'A girl'? I heard Arya as I was typing it.

Well, they did say that the beast form can be unlinked from the sim's usual form, so I take that to mean that we could make the beasty one bulkier than the original sim. I hope so, anyway. I especially want to make my beasts with larger heads, but without affecting the head size of the original sim.

Maybe we can change it after unlinking? I didn't think we could alter their physique, I thought that was permanently linked? There may be hope yet.

I haven't heard about details yet for the werewolves, but I'm hoping that the forms can be linked/unlinked in the same ways as vampires, which have several different options if you want some parts linked and others unlinked (or you can do a complete link or complete unlink). I've made a few of my vampires look vastly different in their dark form than they do in their human form, but I haven't actually tried altering the body on those. However, there is a body option in the link/unlink submenu, so I assume it can be edited to at least some extent.

Aside from the unlinking aspect, I get the impression from the trailer that they already get bigger looking in their werewolf form. In the trailer, all the werewolf forms were larger than their human form, and you can even see it on the cover picture. Look at the body shape and size comparison, even the shoulder height is different. I wonder if that may be part of why the heads are a little small, to accommodate for a larger body, without making them taller.
    thesimsgermany.jpg

Oh, good point. I was never certain which of the beast forms belonged to which sim. I was too busy watching the animation and looking at other details, I guess. :lol: But it does make sense, now that I look at them again in that way. I don't expect them to become huge and heavily muscled (if they weren't already at least somewhat so), but I think I can work with what we'll be getting. I'm looking forward to seeing more about that. And about other features in the pack, of course. :)

Me too. Looking at the cover art again, the girl in her wolf form back-to-back with her human self, or at least I think that's her in wolf form, the wolf is bigger and bulkier. I'd like the wolf form to be a just little bit more of an increase in muscle mass, but it's not a must have. Even though I'm loving these wolves, I think there's still a part of my brain that's expecting more dramatic, beastlike changes when they transform.

The wait for the 16th to get here is going to be torture. Our werewolves are so close I can smell them! (yes, pun intended🐺)

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2022
    It surprised me because Maxis did scary vampires, I thought werewolves would be scary too like the previous game.

We have not seen many scary looking werewolves yet in many pictures. Maybe you can make a werewolf look a bit scary by removing their clothes and add scars to their werewolf form?

Kinda like how you could make vampires look scary by adding veins and glowing eyes.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

I definitely disagree there, they are definitely as "scary" as the vampires (aka they are cartoon, goofy but charming)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited June 2022
    I feel like I’m going to spend an awful lot of time in CAS tweaking these wolves to my liking. I’m looking forward to the challenge though!
  • Options
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I feel like I’m going to spend an awful lot of time in CAS tweaking these wolves to my liking. I’m looking forward to the challenge though!

I want to take one into CAS in the worst way. I can't wait to see what's possible.

• Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    When I first saw one of them I was a bit in shock but since then I'm adoring the way they look and really look forward to seeing more.
  • Options
    @rudolpha That was my first reaction. I had been telling myself in the days leading up to the reveal that they weren't going to look exactly like what I wanted, plus the less than perfect first picture, it still caught me off guard a bit. The second picture was much better and I started to quickly warm up to them. Now I'm fully in love with them as they are, even though I want to tinker with them.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
    edited June 2022

I definitely disagree there, they are definitely as "scary" as the vampires (aka they are cartoon, goofy but charming)

TS2 was scary

sims-210.png

• Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    I think they fit with the style of the Sims 4. They were Hardly going to make them full horror, like the vampires, so cartoony. Had to miss out features like tails because that would be a nightmare with clipping. To be honest, a lot of the werewolves I remember seeing in films didn't even have tails so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ same with legs, not always bent back and can be more human like.

Not sure what people were expecting, going by what they've shown so far they seem to have done a good job fitting them into the game style.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Even though it not 100% perfect as in what game do Were Wolves look the same and for the way look in this game they work and if they can be customized that is even better for the way they look in this game as a generic would not work in another Werewolve related game that is much darker or sinister.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I never played Sims 2, but I saw a picture of what was supposed to be a Werewolf in the game. The Sims 2 Werewolf sim looked alot like a tree person. :D
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Inappropriate foot...
    They can make weremammals walk on toes, like wearing invisible high heels, I think no technical issue with this design improvement.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited June 2022
    I think the new werewolves are more like The Sims 1 werewolf concept, but with TS4 graphics.
    y4mRrNmb3yfBueSxBpPo_4DWw1z54lOjfbEgcCF09ekpvDDNO_MQa7trQIGKYmS5aVnQtYA3u5BkG2RU_7_uLRbNjgKCzxBLpk9HDnz1xby8gtBg5EjQ5HZX5f8UZ7GvMl0DwKH_xiqL1HatckBs0dGu-m43Pn2a6luoLqwFJ4QKd86CoTg2BS8YNtQJ7vxM8Oy?width=300&height=345&cropmode=none
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    lanlyn wrote: »
    I think the new werewolves are more like The Sims 1 werewolf concept, but with TS4 graphics.
    y4mRrNmb3yfBueSxBpPo_4DWw1z54lOjfbEgcCF09ekpvDDNO_MQa7trQIGKYmS5aVnQtYA3u5BkG2RU_7_uLRbNjgKCzxBLpk9HDnz1xby8gtBg5EjQ5HZX5f8UZ7GvMl0DwKH_xiqL1HatckBs0dGu-m43Pn2a6luoLqwFJ4QKd86CoTg2BS8YNtQJ7vxM8Oy?width=300&height=345&cropmode=none

I’m gonna have to remake these two!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Speaking of Werewolf Appearance; has anyone noticed in the new Werewolf CAS that there's a
    werewolf male boy bit. It was quite shocking because the sims has always been Ken & Barbie.
    I just hope the female werewolves don't accidently get a boy bit.
    I think Sims 4 just turned R rated. Very shocking. My games have always been only PG rated. :#:o
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Saw the trailer. Are they serious? Really? They look like the critter on the 'CarFax' ads. Or maybe something in a Bugs Bunny cartoon.
    Will admit better than the TS2 version.