Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your sims listen to Talk Radio station ?

Hi,

Do your sims listen to Talk Radio station from EP03 City Living ?

Do your sims listen to Talk Radio station ? 74 votes

Yes
36%
bshag4lvLeGardePourpreStormkeepTheSpotted_CshellbememlmeadowsRamblineRoseTeeSeaBabykittyjadebixtersannaliese39KathykinsHermitgirlSimmer_chiyenModerateOspreyColton147147musteniMonaveilHopeyStarrCattyBetsy 27 votes
No
45%
GalacticGalalexspoom13SikoahGraceColorist40asimbsimBoergeAarg61simgirl1010loubyloulouMindofyLizzychicagoladybreidtaydevspice3benson2006cyncieOnverserspend4zenEvaliynEnkiSchmidtMDianaSims 34 votes
Other choice
17%
babajayneelanorbretonduhboy2u2PlumbobCrossingSweetieWright_84LSM36mikamakimonRouensimsKimmerElliandreVeeDubZoeyevesterHavenRose 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but only when they decide to do it autonomously. I've never, not even once, instructed a sim to do it. It's pretty rare for them to do it autonomously as well, but it happens.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,288 Member
    edited April 2022
    Yes
    Of course my sims listen to it, the discussions are very interesting, it makes them smarter :p .

It reminds me the radio in Saints Row, I didn't understand what they said in English but I like the simple sound of voices.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Yes
    I didn't even know it existed until a Sim I had in the military career, that I had living in a quonset-hut barracks-style dwelling, would switch it on in the morning while having breakfast. It seemed so realistic for some reason, him listening to the weather and news while having his coffee. It also made him seem less lonely somehow. I eventually had some more military Sims move in, built a basement so I'd have room for all the bunks, and pretended it was indeed a barracks.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,891 Member
    Yes
    Talk radio is one of two stations I turn on pretty frequently, the other is Classic music. They are the only ones I know that sims won't autonomously dance to.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I run with autonomy on, and that's only happened a few times. When it does, I change the station right away---I make them listen to what I like lol

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,982 Member
    edited April 2022
    No
    I forgot it exists guess i'll have to listen to it at least once now

though i will probably find it just as annoying and distracting as real talk radio and immediately switch to music :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Hi,

Do your sims listen to Talk Radio station from EP03 City Living ?

... Shouldn’t this being then in the City Living pack thread, as this thread is BASIC topic thread? And there’s nothing basic about something to do with a particular pack....
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Other choice
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I forgot it exists guess i'll have to listen to it at least once now

though i will probably find it just as annoying and distracting as real talk radio and immediately switch to music :lol:
    Talk radio is sooo annoying IRL! The simlish version is much more chill 🙂

I get a kick out of it when they turn it on autonomously, but I don’t put it on on purpose, probably because it’s so many clicks away and I never think of it!
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Other choice
    I have music muted in my game. It drives me nuts so I just don't listen.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,937 Member
    No
    Nope. One tried it, a guest who just waltzed in and turned on the stereo like he owned. The station was changed and the offender ejected in roughly 3.2 seconds. If you're wondering I don't like talk radio....or rude sims.😁
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Other choice
    Autonomously only, but it seems very rare.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes
    If the sim seems like they would listen to it then yes... someone that is somewhat political for instance, older sims puttering around, paranoid sims ect. They usually have to have a reason in my mind.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Other choice
    I actually forgot all about that station. I’m going to have to use it again especially for my dad sims. :D
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,026 Member
    No
    I didn't even know where was a Talk Radio station.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    Other choice
    If they do, it's autonomous and I don't realize it because I play the game with no volume.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,891 Member
    Yes
    HavenRose wrote: »
    If they do, it's autonomous and I don't realize it because I play the game with no volume.

Oh I usually play with my headset off, so can't hear a thing :D I just don't want to see my sims head for the stereo to dance every idle second.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,387 Member
    Other choice
    I don't normally make them listen to a certain radio station, they listen autonomously what they want and I rarely even notice what they're listening. I don't pay attention to it.
    I only control the radio stations if I want my Sim to dance rumbasim dance or do the metal air guitar, otherwise they can listen to whatever they want.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Yes
    Definitely. I have been an avid listener of BBC Radio 4 for several decades and my sims should definitely have that pleasure.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Yes
    Wish it was added to Preferences
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Other choice
    I like the talk radio and they have listened to it, but not anymore, because I usually mute the music now and listen to my own podcasts / talk radio or my own music when I play. I really wish the sound from the stereo did not change to louder in one ear or the other while you move the camera around. I have to put the stereo directly in the center of the screen and not move the camera if I want an even sound in my headphones. That really bothers me so I can't listen to the Sim's radio channels anymore unfortunately.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,683 Member
    edited April 2022
    No
    Not so far. Sometimes they roll a whim to watch Civic TV. I may have a Sim in the future who has a need to keep track of the News, so to speak, but right now they are all music lovers and into dancing. Like Elliandre said above, I generally am listening to Talk Radio myself, or music of my own taste while I play.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    Other choice
    I didn't know about it lol.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    I actually love that station 😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I like the talk radio and they have listened to it, but not anymore, because I usually mute the music now and listen to my own podcasts / talk radio or my own music when I play. I really wish the sound from the stereo did not change to louder in one ear or the other while you move the camera around. I have to put the stereo directly in the center of the screen and not move the camera if I want an even sound in my headphones. That really bothers me so I can't listen to the Sim's radio channels anymore unfortunately.

Yea i know what you mean. I know it's more realistic but I put all my custom good music to hear on the radio then I have to hear it constantly fluctuate in and out, up and down and all around lol
    It is kind of annoying.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    No
    There are only a few radio stations I like so my Sims also only like a few, once in a while I will let them listen to something if they request it but I have never had a Sim ask for talk radio. There are a few radio stations I actually like, lol, and have tried to find the IRL version of some of the songs. I really like the spooky station, Latin, and sometimes Island Radio but some of the other stations the music is to slow for them to dance to and is boring to listen to.