Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tired of being babysit by a game.

Comments

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »
    Asking dazed sim to woohoo or have baby is gross. If they're both dazed, mistakes happen :D But anyways, I don't think that sim who hates kids should ever be persuaded into having one. They don't want kids and that's that. I'd disable ask for baby to those sims.

I wouldn't disable it at all because people who hate kids DO end up having them for various reasons, including being tipsy and forgetting to use protection.
    There should be avenues for them to have children BUT they also need to behave like they hate kids when they have them. Unless they have a trait that would stop that, like ambitious or good. As if this game could ever.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2021
    also well I'm honestly not even that mad at the dazed thing in specific anymore like i get that train has passed and nothing i say will change it

I just don't like the trend of

"twitter people said this can be used badly so we are removing it"
    or
    " lets not give players possibility to intentionally inferniate 3 things at once cause they could burn down their house! im sure they didnt want to do that! innocent beans must protect! lets nerf every possibility of that happening from the game!"
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    I don't have an issue with them removing this change to the trait; it was worded poorly and it can too easily be misread as being nonconsensual. That being said, the irony of outrage over a poorly-worded description of a trait change while ignoring the alien abductions/impregnations is not lost on me. If they want to have a conversation about consent in The Sims, then do it fully and fairly.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited May 2021
    grassharp wrote: »
    I don't have an issue with them removing this change to the trait; it was worded poorly and it can too easily be misread as being nonconsensual. That being said, the irony of outrage over a poorly-worded description of a trait change while ignoring the alien abductions/impregnations is not lost on me. If they want to have a conversation about consent in The Sims, then do it fully and fairly.

How do we know there’s no consent with alien abductions? We aren’t privy to what happens on the ship once our sim is aboard. Maybe the aliens are super charming, and kind and are capable of wooing our non alien sims quickly. Perhaps the abduction itself is the result of our E.T. loving sims being alien curious and their consent is picked up via mind probe. Why is it automatically assumed it lacks consent?
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

How do we know there’s no consent with alien abductions? We aren’t privy to what happens on the ship once our sim is aboard. Maybe the aliens are super charming, and kind and are capable of wooing our non alien sims quickly. Perhaps the abduction itself is the result of our E.T. loving sims being alien curious and their consent is picked up via mind probe. Why is it automatically assumed it lacks consent?

They get a dazed moodlet some times, that's why.

Trying to justify any thing in game won't work, because someone somewhere is going to be outraged by it. The simple fact is, sims cannot give consent, period. If a player is willing to choose for the sim what they eat, wear, where they live, who they woohoo, when they woohoo, whether it results in a child, when they die, then they have to allow that consent is given by the PLAYER, not the sim. And that demanding options are not there because they personally won't use them, is taking consent away from other players.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    btw if i ever felt game being predator like myself it was when father winter showed up to my single sims apartment during winterfest she does not celebrate and walked straight to her bedroom, sat on her bed and started to talk flirty with her

like sorry man but id rather have vlad thats just there for food.

i don't need unsolicited winterfest gifts

but even that was kinda funny though cause she actually ended up marrying vlad and kicking father winters 🐸🐸🐸🐸 next winterfest
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »

They get a dazed moodlet some times, that's why.

Trying to justify any thing in game won't work, because someone somewhere is going to be outraged by it. The simple fact is, sims cannot give consent, period. If a player is willing to choose for the sim what they eat, wear, where they live, who they woohoo, when they woohoo, whether it results in a child, when they die, then they have to allow that consent is given by the PLAYER, not the sim. And that demanding options are not there because they personally won't use them, is taking consent away from other players.

A dazed moodlet doesn’t prove anything one way or another. Maybe they should:

A. Get off social media and just make the game and stop trying to cater to everyone’s conflicting opinions, or...

B. Just make TS4 rated E, strip out anything that can be interpreted as controversial and end the franchise here.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Nothing new as Sims 4 is limiting in other ways other than traits, It is limiting in creativity, features and more. :)

Maybe but this thread is for discussion of the Hates Children trait, how it was changed and other nerfed features.

And nerfed features are limiting is it not? so my post is relevant. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Aliens are very fast charmers. But why abduct the sims in the first place? If they are such smooth talkers why the need to abduct the sims? Anyway, I think they should just introduce the chance of sims getting pregnant from regular woohoo. And sims getting pregnant every time from Try for Baby is way too unrealistic also.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Scientists can choose to contact aliens which gives them a good chance of being abducted. Some sims are even happy they got abducted and get good moodlets from it.

I disagree about adding a chance of getting pregnant to regular woohoo. That is taking control from the player. I want an option to woohoo without a chance of pregnancy. And Try for Baby is not always successful which is fine. Keeping trying if you want a baby. Or give it a try and see what happens.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »

Aliens are very fast charmers. But why abduct the sims in the first place? If they are such smooth talkers why the need to abduct the sims? Anyway, I think they should just introduce the chance of sims getting pregnant from regular woohoo. And sims getting pregnant every time from Try for Baby is way too unrealistic also.

They don’t have to, your sim is perfectly able to carry on a traditional human relationship with an alien if you choose. Abductions aren’t forced you can cancel them. Maybe they beam them up and take them home to meet their parents on Sixam, and it’s our own preconceived notions that cause it to be labeled as “abductions”.

My point being, whatever happens in your game is entirely subjective and they way you interpret the goings on is solely based on your own worldview. So if you see a game action as inherently evil, that’s really on you, not the game.

Sims are, as I say all the time, pixels not people. They are subject entirely to our whims and will. They don’t have their own.
  • Options
    Justin wrote: »
    Sexual assault in a video game? In the sims? Lmao. Yet we have games like grand theft auto and no one bats an eye. I’m tired of these new generation of simmers tbh & all this PC ❤️❤️❤️❤️

well they would probably get stroke if they played ts2 strangetown thats for sure
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Ok I miss a lot by not having twitter! This was a thing that happened? EA that wording was just terrible. Was there not one person on the team that realized how bad that could be interpreted before they put it out to the public? I get what everyone is saying about everything being nerfed in the game because someone on twitter didn't like it. Or even cause it didn't work properly and they nerfed it rather than fix it. Still mad about some of them. But I think this one was warranted. Maybe just leave it at them having a lower chance of accepting try for baby.

They had an action in ts3 where a dislikes children sim would shoo a kid away if they were in the same room as them. Which could get annoying when you had a friend over who didn't like kids and they would shoo your children away in their own house but maybe add something like that if they don't have it already? Or make them less likely to help with babies and toddlers since sims seem to gravitate towards them like magnets if the smallest thing is wrong with them.

Idk maybe it was just the wording but it just didn't sit right with me when hearing about it here.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    Ok I miss a lot by not having twitter! This was a thing that happened? EA that wording was just terrible. Was there not one person on the team that realized how bad that could be interpreted before they put it out to the public? I get what everyone is saying about everything being nerfed in the game because someone on twitter didn't like it. Or even cause it didn't work properly and they nerfed it rather than fix it. Still mad about some of them. But I think this one was warranted. Maybe just leave it at them having a lower chance of accepting try for baby.

They had an action in ts3 where a dislikes children sim would shoo a kid away if they were in the same room as them. Which could get annoying when you had a friend over who didn't like kids and they would shoo your children away in their own house but maybe add something like that if they don't have it already? Or make them less likely to help with babies and toddlers since sims seem to gravitate towards them like magnets if the smallest thing is wrong with them.

Idk maybe it was just the wording but it just didn't sit right with me when hearing about it here.

They still aren’t operating as a normal team, they’re still all working remotely from their individual homes, so I suppose that’s how it got by.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    With how things are going forget about sims 5. It won't be for me...
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sexual assault in a video game? In the sims? Lmao. Yet we have games like grand theft auto and no one bats an eye. I’m tired of these new generation of simmers tbh & all this PC ❤️❤️❤️❤️

And as I said on Twitter...

Lmao her reply tho. What even? Anyone can play however they want. She must be new to the sims if she thinks people haven’t done things like remove the latter from a swimming pool to kill off their sims.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

Lmao her reply tho. What even? Anyone can play however they want. She must be new to the sims if she thinks people haven’t done things like remove the latter from a swimming pool to kill off their sims.

"Ok weirdo" 🤦‍♀️🤣
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

They don’t have to, your sim is perfectly able to carry on a traditional human relationship with an alien if you choose. Abductions aren’t forced you can cancel them. Maybe they beam them up and take them home to meet their parents on Sixam, and it’s our own preconceived notions that cause it to be labeled as “abductions”.

My point being, whatever happens in your game is entirely subjective and they way you interpret the goings on is solely based on your own worldview. So if you see a game action as inherently evil, that’s really on you, not the game.

I had a female sim working to be an entertainer and studying drama at university be abducted by the aliens. She had no previous contact with aliens, didn't seek them out, nor did she work in science career. There was no way to cancel the abduction, I was playing on high speed and the abduction was over before I realized what was even going on. If we're going to complain that dazed sims cannot give consent, why is it Ok for sims to be abducted? It's a matter of consent, not how we interpret the game.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    While I do understand those who stirred up this controversy, there is one thing that needs to be kept in mind.

In my experience, sims never autonomously try for baby with each other. Yes, they may woohoo autonomously sometimes, trying for baby never comes up without players' request unless players use mods. Thus as it's all up to the player, it shouldn't be in such flame. Yes, it's creepy, but it's a way around the limitation set by the trait. Well, other than having that sim who hates children initiate trying for baby...

I agree. The reply is facepalm worthy, at least in the perspective of a simmer. You are choosing to make sims try for baby as much as you're choosing to lock them into basement until they die. If she's using mods that make sims autonomously try for babies, then let's hope there's a mod that does that and makes an exception to sims who hates children.
    The Sims is a sandbox game after all. This means players create their own goals while playing the game. Thus the way player plays the game is up to them. If they really don't want any pregnancy, there is an option to make a sim never become pregnant. Just click on those three dots under gender choice and the choice is yours! Make the game the way you want! You are the most important there after all!
  • Options
    edited May 2021

I had a female sim working to be an entertainer and studying drama at university be abducted by the aliens. She had no previous contact with aliens, didn't seek them out, nor did she work in science career. There was no way to cancel the abduction, I was playing on high speed and the abduction was over before I realized what was even going on. If we're going to complain that dazed sims cannot give consent, why is it Ok for sims to be abducted? It's a matter of consent, not how we interpret the game.

Well, that’s a hazard of playing on fast forward then, because on normal speed when you hear the weird music you can cancel “check strange lights” and the abduction is over. Also sims can’t give consent, they’re pixels not people and are entirely subject to the whims, will, malevolence and benevolence of the player.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top