Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tired of being babysit by a game.

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited May 2021
    CelSims wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    It’s been interesting seeing the comments on here compared to Twitter and YouTube on the issue. On those platforms people are saying sims should be a safe space and things like this should not be in the game. I have never thought of a game being a safe space

Well I certainly consider my saves very unsafe spaces :lol: I don't want things to be all perfectly happy and unproblematic quite the opposite

but at the same time it is very safe space in sense that it includes no other humans just me and my sims that may or may not be creeps :lol: and i control my kingdom of doom

I always take the view that without some adversity and challenges to over come, you don't fully appreciate the happy moments. How many children have been born from an oops moment and are cherished, turning an accident or drunken mistake into a wanted, happy child.

I personally think we should have the options to change a sims traits in CAS anytime we want to without cheats. We know that in real life people DO change. So why can’t we change our sims traits without cheats?

Think of a real circumstance where a person is a dog lover, but then they get bitten and are afraid of dogs.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    It’s been interesting seeing the comments on here compared to Twitter and YouTube on the issue. On those platforms people are saying sims should be a safe space and things like this should not be in the game. I have never thought of a game being a safe space

Well I certainly consider my saves very unsafe spaces :lol: I don't want things to be all perfectly happy and unproblematic quite the opposite

but at the same time it is very safe space in sense that it includes no other humans just me and my sims that may or may not be creeps :lol: and i control my kingdom of doom

I always take the view that without some adversity and challenges to over come, you don't fully appreciate the happy moments. How many children have been born from an oops moment and are cherished, turning an accident or drunken mistake into a wanted, happy child.

I personally think we should have the options to change a sims traits in CAS anytime we want to without cheats. We know that in real life people DO change. So why can’t we change our sims traits without cheats?

Think of a real circumstance where a person is a dog lover, but then they get bitten and are afraid of dogs.
    It's hard to say why that is because we don't get to see behind the scenes when it comes to creating and adding something to the game. It could be that something went sideways when they were testing this out for the game. Or it could be that they felt that it wasn't something that needed to be added to the game. Like I had said, it's hard to say why that is.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited May 2021

in theory yes but i don't want game to judge when my sims personality changes and to what

because thats my number 1 problem with lifestyles

when they totally try to change my sims personality because of the way i myself am as player

like do i have sim thats supposed to be mega active and outdoorsy? yes.
    do i often end up getting them indoorsy/lazy lifestyle cause im too lazy to play them at the moment and i play other sims in household more? also yes.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Fine, I'll be that guy..(seems like I have to be). All these negative threads(which do not exist in Sims2/3 forums...) is beginning to make me feel like I'm the only one that likes the game and doesn't actively look for reasons to dislike it.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    well as for burglars i would love them back especially if i could assign the sim myself so it isnt just randomized townies

but i do think there should be toggle if they add them cause they'd get nerfed in like seconds probably p_p
    Yeah I am scared they would nerf them too. I'd take toggles over nerfs any day. Nerfing makes me think of MMOs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

Yes and contrast is just needed in general

especially in storytelling
    because well it doesnt really make a big story to turn happy child into happy child

what is the point of that?
    If the happy is maxed out
    how can one even be more happy
    I always thought if happiness is the only thing that exists can it really be called happiness. Same with positivity. I don't consider things positive if there is no negative things to happen. That just makes the game experience negative.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

in theory yes but i don't want game to judge when my sims personality changes and to what

because thats my number 1 problem with lifestyles

when they totally try to change my sims personality because of the way i myself am as player

like do i have sim thats supposed to be mega active and outdoorsy? yes.
    do i often end up getting them indoorsy/lazy lifestyle cause im too lazy to play them at the moment and i play other sims in household more? also yes.
    In a way I do agree with you on the base that a player should have total control about how they want their character to look and act in their game. If that is taken away from the player. Then it will defeat the idea of the concept of sandbox. A term in the video game industry use to describe a game played the way the player wants to player their game.
  • marissimmarissim Posts: 55 Member
    but I'm just rather tired of being given nice gameplay only so that it gets nerfed few days later when someone complains its "possibly evil"
    The whole game can be seen as evil. We are controlling this poor Sims lives, and sometimes end them in the worst imaginable ways possible. If people can't stop seeing malice everywhere, it really shouldn't be brought down upon players taking the game for what it is. A game.
    The notes weren't even poorly worded or anything, it simply reflected how the situation would be going irl. In those situations people make poor choices. It doesn't imply anything, unless you look at it the wrong way and overthink it. As it has been asked before, how come dazed whoohoo is okay, but this isn't? If it's a question of being able to give consent, it is exactly the same thing. If the game wouldn't be having two options for whoohoo, and there would always be a chance for a baby, I don't think this conversation would even exist in the first place.
    marissim wrote: »
    but I'm just rather tired of being given nice gameplay only so that it gets nerfed few days later when someone complains its "possibly evil"
    The whole game can be seen as evil. We are controlling this poor Sims lives, and sometimes end them in the worst imaginable ways possible. If people can't stop seeing malice everywhere, it really shouldn't be brought down upon players taking the game for what it is. A game.
    The notes weren't even poorly worded or anything, it simply reflected how the situation would be going irl. In those situations people make poor choices. It doesn't imply anything, unless you look at it the wrong way and overthink it. As it has been asked before, how come dazed whoohoo is okay, but this isn't? If it's a question of being able to give consent, it is exactly the same thing. If the game wouldn't be having two options for whoohoo, and there would always be a chance for a baby, I don't think this conversation would even exist in the first place.
    And that is all that the game really is, a game. Our characters, our sims are not real people.
    sunman502 wrote: »
    And that is all that the game really is, a game. Our characters, our sims are not real people.
    And that is exactly what I was trying to say. But the game is a life simulator, and life isn't always pretty.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    This one just seems kinda obvious to me...

If you want to simulate sexual assault or forced impregnation write a mod for it, but asking for corporate America to write an assault simulator for you is... a little off.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
    Jyotai wrote: »

If you want to simulate sexual assault or forced impregnation write a mod for it, but asking for corporate America to write an assault simulator for you is... a little off.

No one wants to simulate that. But it's a pointless complain, when the simple act of trying for a baby with someone who clearly doesn't want one implies some sort of persuasion. I mean, someone earlier did say they ignore their Sim will and make them have babies anyways. So how is it any different? It's still imposing it on someone who is strongly against it. It means the partner by all means has conviced the other to have children. It's still wrong.
    Don't act like that is the only problem. The problem is players do not want to accept they make bad decisions, so they blame it on one thing. You want a big happy household? Pick a Sim who's family oriented. Don't pretend that persuading someone into having a child is fine just because not dazed. Hates children clearly implies a strong feeling, it isn't just "oh well, I don't like them but I might still like to have one."
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I don't know if i'm more tired of people trying at all cost to bring reality into the game or ea's prompt response to this, while ignoring hundreds of bugs that we have been complaining about. How fast are they to address this non-sense... Consent? Wth... since when sims consent anything? Aren't we the one's who "operate" our sims? So you can torture sims, kill them squashing them in evil beds, drowning them and so on but can't a sim be kinda wasted and forget to use a condom? Why do people related dazed immediatly to non consent?
    It is two separate teams that handle bugs and features. QA team handles the bugs while the Gurus that Simmers see during live streams don't. So pointless to bug them there. Much better to reach out to SimGuruNick.

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I don't know if i'm more tired of people trying at all cost to bring reality into the game or ea's prompt response to this, while ignoring hundreds of bugs that we have been complaining about. How fast are they to address this non-sense... Consent? Wth... since when sims consent anything? Aren't we the one's who "operate" our sims? So you can torture sims, kill them squashing them in evil beds, drowning them and so on but can't a sim be kinda wasted and forget to use a condom? Why do people related dazed immediatly to non consent?
    It is two separate teams that handle bugs and features. QA team handles the bugs while the Gurus that Simmers see during live streams don't. So pointless to bug them there. Much better to reach out to SimGuruNick.

I get it. But then they should increase bug fixing team. And they should have increased that team yesterday, you know what i mean? The game has hundreds of bugs and they're not that prompt to increase the team, to make the game decently playable fast.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    What a lot of people seem to forget is there is a toggle in cas to turn off getting pregnant or getting others pregnant. Just use the toggle for sims who hate kids that’s what I’ve always done for those sims as in real life if someone doesn’t want kids well most find a way to not have them similar in the game. I do agree it’s been poorly worded and maybe a bit ill thought out but I don’t think it’s been left in for the purpose some people think it is.
    Someone that hates children is having fun with a friend, they end up drinking more then they should, they forget to use a condom, they get pregnant.
    Where is the sexual assault? It is only there because you want to see it there. But it wasn't there when i read it and it certanly wasn't there when devs (or whoever) wrote that in the notes...
    Thank you.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    What a lot of people seem to forget is there is a toggle in cas to turn off getting pregnant or getting others pregnant. Just use the toggle for sims who hate kids that’s what I’ve always done for those sims as in real life if someone doesn’t want kids well most find a way to not have them similar in the game. I do agree it’s been poorly worded and maybe a bit ill thought out but I don’t think it’s been left in for the purpose some people think it is.

WHAAAAT!? Well I just learned something new.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »

....and where did I ask for one again? puzzled truly.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t understand exactly what the OP is about.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021
    It is truly becoming ridiculous the way they instantly react to complaints in certain areas. More and more things that we paid for are being nerfed and I am getting sick of seeing it.

I bought vampires and don't get them breaking in, I bought witches and never see them making magic anywhere, I bought hoovers and never see any dust to use them on. They nerfed the shrine bowing before we even got the pack. They changed the insane trait, they won't add burglars and probably more stuff I'm forgetting about.

It seems like political correctness has gone into some kind of insane overdrive.

Sensitive folks who don't want to change from a fluffy bunny game don't have to use these things. But some of us want to and they are removing our choice to do so. But do they ever listen to us?

It is coming through as hipocrisy in my eyes. They throw us all this correctness yet they sell us a deficient product? Where is the correctness in that?

And please don't tell me it's different teams... this is one game. One production. I'm head of production and we do have teams speciallized in different matters. But it is me, the head of production, who must tie the teams together. I do have limited budget, as sims 4 head of production may have, but it is my decision as to where and when to allocate the funds. I must have an eagle eye pov. I must see my production as a whole and decide what is more important now...

I'm starting to understand what is more important for sims 4's head of production... not selling their main product as flawless as possible, for sure. Not fixing the game as fast as posible.
    This is the respect i wish they had for their clients.

Don't throw sand to my eyes. Throw me a good product. That's the best thing you can do for your clients.
    Post edited by texxx78 on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top