Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your 5 most essential mods besides MCC/UI Cheats and Meaningful stories

Comments

• Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited February 2021
    1. CAS Mods - More columns, plain backgrounds and CAS poses.
    2. Pose Player and Teleport Any Sim - I use this for my Simblr screenshots.
    3. NPCC - I use this to stop randomly generated townies.
    4. A certain Whims mod that can't be discussed in detail here - I drop this mod in and out of my game depending on the save.
    5. Tab camera mode in Build/Buy - Good for taking better screenshots of builds without going into live mode.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    edited February 2021
    -MCCC
    -NO RANDOMS
    -Assign NPCs Roles
    -More Columns in CAS
    -T.O.O.L
    @Ellupelluellu
    Sorry to intrude, but what no randoms mod do you use? I can't get NPCC to work.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Ehmm...yes MCCC and Meaningful Stories. And also..

*little droplets of yay I’m an adult sweat forming on face...

1. Height sliders and body hair by LUUMIA (I’m well aware of the fact that I cheated there)
    2. Facial sliders & body presets by Obscurus
    3. NSFW by a guy
    4. NSFW by this other lad
    5. NSFW by what’s his name.

Let’s say I’m not always using those last 3. But they always need to be available. Although my sims do smoke a lot. 😇

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    NPC Control - This mod has improved my game so much.
    Wonderful Whims - I love knowing who my sims are attracted to.
    Basemental Alcohol - I’m not sure if I can mention this one here.
    Whim Overhaul - Thank goodness that somebody cares about whims because EA don’t seem to.
    Personality Please - Autonomy improvements are a must for my game.

I know it said five but I have a recent addition that I think is wonderful. It’s called First Impressions by Lumpinou. It adds first impression sentiments into the game and I’m really enjoying seeing how my sims feel about each other with this mod.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Again, it is very difficult to name only 5 mods that I can't live without... :D

Turbodriver's Wonderful Whims
    Polar Bear's Have More Personality Please
    A bunch of LittleMsSam's mods including, Calm Bees, Automatic Thermostat, Nurture, (keeps bugs in bughouse from dying) to name a few. :D
    Scarlet's Faster Uni Homework
    Bienchen83's no shovel snow (can't play Komorebi without it). Plus others too numerous to mention.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    only 5 :#

I cannot start the game without the UI mod or
    MCCC
    I have a bunch of magnetic south's mods to stop eco living ruining my game again :s
    after that its LMS and scarlets mods but I have ton more than that as I suspect most players do.

Last thanks everyone I came to this thread interested to read what mods other players are using and why but came away with 5 + more mods I had not idea about that will end up being added to an already bloated mods folder :)
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    There are so many mods that are must-haves for me. I do use MCCC, UI Cheats Extension, and Meaningful Stories.

1. NPCC - This mod is too important to me. It prevents random NPCs from being generated, allows me to reassign job roles, and disables job shifts and region dependency which allows me to have less NPCs in my world to fill roles.

2. Fitness Controls by roBurky - This mod allows me to slow down how quickly my sims gain and lose fat and muscle. I hate how my sims eat one cupcake and gain 10lbs or how they become the Hulk after one gym session. It also prevents NPCs from gaining and losing fat and muscle.

3. Less Intrusive Conversations by TurboDriver - I hate trying to have a date and some random sim walks up and joins in on my conversation. I hate trying to just have a night out with friends and some random sim joins in on my conversation. You know, I actually just hate random sims joining in on my conversations. With this mod, that never happens anymore. It changed my life.

4. All Cheats by TwistedMexi - Super helpful. Enables cheats like Destroy Object which is disabled without this mod.

5. Chat Greeting Tweaks by Simvasion - I hate that sims always have to stand up and hug to greet each other. It's annoying, especially when you're trying to get the family to sit down and enjoy dinner together. It's a small mod that is a huge quality of life fix for me.

Some honorable mentions because listing only 5 isn't enough:
    Sim Spawn Overhaul by Lotharihoe
    Wonderful Whims by TurboDriver
    Eat and Drink Faster by Lotharihoe
    Faster Hygiene by MagneticSouth
    Better Behaved Pets by MagneticSouth
    Walk Normal by Scarlet
    Party Anywhere and Longer Parties & More Guests by Weerbesu
    Countless small mods and bug fixes from LittleMsSam, Zero, and Bienchen
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    There are so many mods that are must-haves for me. I do use MCCC, UI Cheats Extension, and Meaningful Stories.

3. Less Intrusive Conversations by TurboDriver - I hate trying to have a date and some random sim walks up and joins in on my conversation. I hate trying to just have a night out with friends and some random sim joins in on my conversation. You know, I actually just hate random sims joining in on my conversations. With this mod, that never happens anymore. It changed my life.

@NightlyCoffee

So does this mod work fine for you at the moment? Does it break a lot? Do Sims still start conversations. This modder mentions something about a dynamic change, do you notice that...

actually this thread can be super helpul. Too bad that tomorrow is purge day.
  • Options
    GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    Sims 4 Me's Whim Overhaul

It gives new, updated, and more appropriate whims for all the game packs, traits, aspirations, eg. I love whims so it's perfect for my gameplay 😌
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Oh yeah! Two mods I'll be looking into down the line are No More Sick Pets and hopefully one that allows Vampires and Spellcasters to trigger fear in other Sims.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »

@NightlyCoffee

So does this mod work fine for you at the moment? Does it break a lot? Do Sims still start conversations. This modder mentions something about a dynamic change, do you notice that...

actually this thread can be super helpul. Too bad that tomorrow is purge day.

@PreCiious

Less Intrusive Conversations simply makes strangers no longer join ongoing conversations. They will still approach you and chat with you if you're not in any conversation. The only time sims will join a conversation with you is if you already know them and have a decent relationship with them. For example, if I'm out with a friend at a nightclub and we're chatting, and another friend arrives at the venue, they may come up to me to chat. Strangers won't. However, if I'm sitting at a bar alone, a stranger might come up to me and introduce themselves. I haven't noticed anything different with how NPCs react with one another, which is good. They still chat away with each other like normal and my sim and their party get to enjoy their outing in peace.

The mod works perfectly fine for me and I've had zero issues with it. It also seems pretty resilient to patches; It hasn't broken for me at all.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @LiELF

I really like the sound of Vampires and Spellcasters triggering fear in other Sims and am wondering if this mod is out is out now or something in the works as I have never heard of it and think it would be awesome :)
  • Options
    Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    edited February 2021
    I would say by essential, I think Utility type mods that work in the background.
    so my list not including MCCC, UI Cheats, and Meaningful Stories would be:
    1) More CAS Columns - weerbesu
    2) Better Build/Buy mode - TwistedMexi
    3) a tie between Injection Tools by brainblasted & XMLInjector by Scumbumbo(R.I.P) respectfully.
    4) Better Exceptions - also by TwistedMexi
    5) Simulation Lag Fix - SrslySims

There's more that I can(and can not) list here, but those are my top 5
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Besides MCCC and UI? Well, the first three cannot be named so the others are:
    1. KawaiiStacie SOL/ Explore mod
    2. Simda dating
    3. There's one where you can tell multiple partners they are the father-the name escapes me,Pregnancy Wellness? Idk, but you can go get paternity tests and whatnot-Lumpinou?
    4. 21 day seasons
    5. LMS Random mods
    6. LMS live in business

Ok, that was 6 instead of 5, lol.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    1. Automatic thermostat
    2. Prom

I don't have any other mods. I mostly build, so when there's an update and mods are automatically turned off, I usually forget to turn them back on for a while.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Hahaha so many mods

1. NPCC
    2. TMEX T.O.O.L.
    3. Turbodriver's WWhims
    4. Kawaii Stacie's SOL/Education System
    5. Noreactindisgust/Mermaidcoodisable/xRedRidingCat_StopGrowlingDFDefault
    6. Icemunmun's small appliances, and food food food and harvestables.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    I don’t really have many mods beyond MCCC and TwistedMexi’s Better Exceptions...
    I used to have the Zerbu Go to School one, but I like playing families with a number of children, and I felt like it would have been better if I only had one child in a household.
    Less Intrusive Conversations sounds so useful, I hate it when my Sims are on a date and some total stranger approaches them... way to kill the atmosphere.
    I shall look into some of the other mods mentioned here! I know there’s one to prevent non-angler Sims from autonomously talking about fishing spots, which never made sense to me.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @LiELF

I really like the sound of Vampires and Spellcasters triggering fear in other Sims and am wondering if this mod is out is out now or something in the works as I have never heard of it and think it would be awesome :)

@SPARKY1922 I remember seeing someone in a thread mention they saw a mod like that but I can't remember where, lol. I suspect there's bound to be more in the works somewhere as well. I'm waiting until tomorrow's patch to see what comes and after that I might do some mod hunting. But if I find it I'll let you know! 🙂
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited February 2021
    Sacraficial: Life's Tragedies

Little Miss Sam: Gender Lot Trait

Zero: University Electives, Classes and Scholarships cost more
    Harder acceptence into Distinguished courses
    Vampires can kill
    Stronger Untamed Magic
    Longer Repulsive
    No Sharing Is Caring (ABSOLUTE GODSEND)

Ilkavelle:University Rejection Letter

Pose Player/Teleporter

Best mod

Best mod

Best mod

Best mod

Best mod

Im sure some of you could make some pretty accurate guesses as to what the "best mods" actually are! If you're thinking of it, chances are high that you're right!

Anyway! Relatively speaking I could do away with the University Rejection mod and a couple of Zero's mods (I NEED NO SHARING IS CARING THO) But everything else is necessary or else the game is completely unplayable.

• Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    In no specific order:

1. Strays in every world/no more dirty or sick pets
    2. An attraction system
    3. Control any Sim
    4. A variety of Spellcaster spells
    5. A variety of vampire improvements
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member

@Ellupelluellu for some reason this is not working for me. I'm still getting random townies. Does it take a bit of time to start working properly?
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    1. whimoverhaul
    2. More Columns in CAS
    3. Playable Pets
    4. Fitness Controls
    5. Weather Realism Overhaul

I also use the mods mentioned in the title. It was kinda hard to only pick 5 since I have quite a few mods I consider essential. I'm considering the Cooking overhaul mod. I wish NPCC was still being updated/not locked behind a paywall permanently. :(
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/