Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FEAR/SCARED EMOTION COMING TO TS4 BASE GAME!!!

Comments

• Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,187 Member
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Wow, only took them 7 years to add this.

better late than ever. the game needed many more enhancements & it still needs more, ea released the game on beta state but devs are trying to improve the game the best they can. good content takes time but people just won't stop whining about new packs so ea feels entitled to ask Maxis for more & more packs without leaving them enough time to do it right/hiring more people/raising their budget.
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    edited January 2021
    YEEEEEEEEEEEES.
    OMG, i can't believe this. I've asked for this emotion so many times now...

@Onverser would be fun to see how new sentiments and interactions could scare our sims. Maybe they could also reintroduce wants and fears from Sims 2? Like, I really want to torment some sims sometimes (Don Lothario? Eliza Pancakes?)
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    This is very exciting indeed.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    > @Forgeron said:
    > YEEEEEEEEEEEES.
    > OMG, i can't believe this. I've asked for this emotion so many times now...
    >
    > @Onverser would be fun to see how new sentiments and interactions could scare our sims. Maybe they could also reintroduce wants and fears from Sims 2? Like, I really want to torment some sims sometimes (Don Lothario? Eliza Pancakes?)

One never need apologise for tormenting Don Lothario, but Eliza's something of a tragic darling in my save.

If you really want to torment a family of sims, that's what the Landgraabs are for.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Hello, is there any more room in the SimGuruConor fan club??????????? Finally some sort of update to the emotions!!!!!!
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I can't wait to see what modders will do with this LMAO Imagine the terrors that will rain down on the poor sims. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 951 Member
    Yess! <3 _ <3

Among other things, I can't wait to see what this does to the Strangerville story :D
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's probably going to behave exactly like the Very Tense emotion.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    About time.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

IKR imagine 7 years ago before buying TS4 if you only knew it would take so long before it happened lol. I was still in high school back then!

• Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I'm over the moon with this :heart: I know its just one emotion, but its a big step forward into making the Sims 4 a better game.

I have always found 'Tense' to be a bit odd in scary situations, like a fire. A Tense sim to me is someone who is overworked and grumpy.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    They always listen and they are always improving 😌 admittedly it does take a long time and I understand how some feel frustrated not knowing because they don't acknowledge many things.
    But they are definitely trying to make this game the best it can be according to it's limitations.😌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited January 2021
    Finally something worth updating the game for. Now my evil, torture-loving witches will be feared as they should.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I hope we can set phobias for our sims. Like Arachnophobia, Agoraphobia, claustrophobia, hydrophobia, fear of the dark, thunder, rodents etc.....
  • Options
    smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    This is super cool and makes a lot more sense than my sims just being tense all the time during a thunderstorm or something.
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    edited January 2021
    Please let SimGuruConor direct each and every future packs from now on, as he should.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I hope we can set phobias for our sims. Like Arachnophobia, Agoraphobia, claustrophobia, hydrophobia, fear of the dark, thunder, rodents etc.....

This would go so well with this emotion. If not "phobias", at least tweak some of the existing traits.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,726 Member
    edited January 2021

Weird right? They make over 30 packs but they don't add a scared/fear emotion until 7 years later which could have improved so many of those packs (vampires and strangerville for example) back then.

sxo0Ns.gif
  • Options
    logion wrote: »

Weird right? They make over 30 packs but they don't add a scared/fear emotion until 7 years later which could have improved so many of those packs (vampires and strangerville for example) back then.

sxo0Ns.gif

Especially when they promoted "your sims have emotions now!!!" For this game but without a fear emotion??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LnuLPbtNqyI

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,688 Member
    Yes, yes, YES!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    Can EA please clone @SimGuruConor and replace the rest of the team with his clones its all I ask
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    logion wrote: »

sxo0Ns.gif

Especially when they promoted "your sims have emotions now!!!" For this game but without a fear emotion??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LnuLPbtNqyI

Lol Ikr? It was so ridiculous that this game would have no Fear/Scared emotion especially since the emotions were their selling point back in 2014...
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    This is coming in a pack. Well I can wait for a sale for this one then. 👎
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @catmando830 The scared emotion is a basegame update that comes with the pre pack patch.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited January 2021
    Aine wrote: »
    @catmando830 The scared emotion is a basegame update that comes with the pre pack patch.

Guess I should have been more specific. I was referring to the ghosts pack that someone posted about. We already have ghosts.