Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Its official I'm bored with the Sims 🙄

Yup, after 2 years of playing TS4 (off and on) I am officially bored with it. And not for the reasons you think. Perhaps it is this stupid pandemic that put the kabash (however you spell that word) on world travel and just make all of life.....

Ahhh that is TMI. Happy New Year Every One. May 2021 bring loads of fun. Happy Simming!!!
wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱

Comments

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Here's to hoping 2021 will be a better year! And may it be happy! B)

I'm not bored yet, but I have longer or shorter breaks here and there. There's so much I still haven't done, I've a loooong list of builds I'd like to do (<3 houseplans) and I STILL haven't done a legacy more than 4 generations. :D
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2021
    troshalom wrote: »
    Yup, after 2 years of playing TS4 (off and on) I am officially bored with it. And not for the reasons you think. Perhaps it is this stupid pandemic that put the kabash (however you spell that word) on world travel and just make all of life.....

Ahhh that is TMI. Happy New Year Every One. May 2021 bring loads of fun. Happy Simming!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean as what is going is psychologically preventing me from enjoying what loved to do before each event that has happened or still happening.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    unfortunately, I agree. I haven't been really into playing a save since Eco Living came out. I created a whole new save when Nifty Knitting came out, but after playing for a day I wasn't into it. Tried again for Snowy Escape, and again, couldn't get into it. Then, tried playing a new family with careers I have never done including trying to knit again, but nope, bored. Lastly, I tried creating ANOTHER new family last week with even more careers I haven't tried and again, I have no motivation to sign into the game. I miss the fun of being so invested in a family and storyline that I would play for 6-7 hours and force myself to go to bed and do it all over again the next day.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Ironic that my interest in the game is at an all time high, after being bored on and off for years.
    What I have been setting up for years (waiting for key packs and features) is finally taking off.
    I've aged all my favorite CAS born sims down to toddlers and gave them parents. The first batch are now young adults again and have graduated from Uni.

When all of them are young adults again, I will have come full circle, but with a lot more content to play them.
    Plus I've finally start adding Mods to the game. Features that the game really needs, that I'm not sure EA will ever add.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    You should add some mods to your game; that's the only way I stay interested. If there were no mods, I would never touch this game.
    MC Command Center, Meaningful Stories, Wonderful Whims, some *adult* mods ;) , all of them improve the game immensely for me.
    Just look at a game like Skyrim, people have kept playing that game since 2011. Why? Because of amazing mods.
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    Take a break! I found a cheap game that is so fun! Instead of a Sim, You're a Bee! Play this a while, then TS4 will fun again when you come back! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yehYGa1hSKA
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    It's perfectly normal needing a break from the game. Read a book, watch a series, go for walks. When you gather some inspiration, write a story and a setting, and use the game for telling that story ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I played just a few days of the week when this game was first released. Things go so much better when I found the Road to Fame mod. I began to conceive of a way I could create a singer Sim who would have fame (thanks to said mod, as then the fame was through Simstagram) but I figured I could use it somehow. I was even going to use the MCCC mod to cheat him his earnings. Before I had totally figured out just how to go about this scheme, the word was given we were getting Get Famous. I removed the mod and said so on a thread, which was providential, as another player told me there was an upgraded version of Road to Fame that allowed for singer Sims! I nearly wept. But, first, I sought out this new version. With this mod in place, I have achieved my goal. I am now playing every single day, like I did with Sims2 and Sims3. I also use Slice of Live, Memorable Events; Private Practice; SNB & Bills; LilmsSams 21-day Seasons.

All of these mods have enhanced my gameplay. Oh, and I have cc that includes more than just 18th century clothing for my other game save, it also includes food stuffs for farming. Corn, and several other items. I am one Happy Camper!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The Sims has always been my go-to game whenever Real Life became complicated, or totally beyond my control. It helped me to regain my balance, it gave me a way to express myself in a private space. And it was always there, waiting for me to boot up my PC, night or day. But 2020 proved to be too much even for my beloved games, and I stopped playing in early October. But I stopped playing games of all kinds around that time, through no fault of any of my favorite titles. I am not bored with any of the games I play, but when COVID began striking close family members, many of them requiring lengthy hospital stays, nothing works to keep your mind focused on anything other than their recovery. Thankfully, we did not lose anyone to the virus; they are all at home now and safe. There was no single event that triggered this family outbreak as they are scattered across the country all the way to Florida and New Mexico and Canada. It simply happened even though everyone was following the CDC's recommendations.

Last night I began updating all my mods before I finally update my game. Still on the fence about SE, but no doubt it will be added to my library soon. It may take some time before boredom sets in because I was having a lot of fun back in October. But for the first time in twenty years, my Sims weren't capable of soothing my inner self, and now that the dark time is over, I am anxious to get back to my stories and catch up on everything I missed. I see a few new gameplay mods I'd like to try. Those are always fun to play around with, and they always have a feature or two that add a new twist and shake me out of my comfort zone. And I think that's what needs to happen from time to time. We are humans, and sometimes get bogged down in doing the same things over and over without trying something new. 2020 is in the rearview mirror now. It's time to embrace the new year by taking a chance or two that just might add a new dimension to the game, and put that boredom to rest.

• Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Honestly I think we’ve all been there. I know for me I have had to take massive breaks from each sims game during its lifespan. It’s out of boredom due to burnout. Take a break. Sims will be there when and if you are ready to go back to it.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2021
    I’m still enjoying the game a lot. I play with mods, they help a lot for me when it comes to my enjoyment of the game.

I’ve also been playing the Sims 3 lately which is a lot of fun. I didn’t get to play it when it was current so even though it’s an older game it kind of feels new to me at the same time.

I switch between the two games depending on which one I feel like playing most at the time. I tend to favour TS4 more but that’s just cause I’m used to it and I have attachment issues with my sims.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I’m still enjoying the game a lot. I play with mods, they help a lot for me when it comes to my enjoyment of the game.

I’ve also been playing the Sims 3 lately which is a lot of fun. I didn’t get to play it when it was current so even though it’s an older game it kind of feels new to me at the same time.

I switch between the two games depending on which one I feel like playing most at the time. I tend to favour TS4 more but that’s just cause I’m used to it and I have attachment issues with my sims.

These are the same sims that I have had since Get to Work.
    And now I feel the game has enough content to actually get the most out of playing them.
    I wonder if it's just these sims I am attached, because I created them.

I am ready to start playing generationally now.
    How I will feel about the next generation, born in the game instead of CAS.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I'm pretty tired of the game as well, I think it's important to tell yourself that it's nothing wrong with it though... You can't force yourself to like a game forever.

I still boot it up sometimes to play with CAS but right now I'm playing cyberpunk 2077 and other games in my free time.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I'm having a blast! Since the Snowy Escape pack, my sims are thoroughly enjoying all the winter sports they can stand. There are a couple of sims who are adrenaline junkies and love the outdoors. There have been a few breaks when I had to figure out new goals for my pixel babies to do and with the release of Snowy Escape, they're having as much fun as I am. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    justforfunlovejustforfunlove Posts: 2 New Member
    me too i have no expansions just base game some one gift hings please
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Ive always been bored this this iteration but I play sims 2 and 3 frequently. Maybe try one of those or a spin off?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2021
    The last time I played Sims 4 was a week after snowy escape release, there really is nothing to do at the game anymore that at least interest me, ive been playing sims 3 again since september and only stopped to play cyberpunk 2077 and valhalla now im resuming ts3 again and still have a blast for every session.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    I must say in the last six years I've never been bored with the game. Same for all the previous versions. There are periods I've gone without playing but never because of boredom.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    The last time I played Sims 4 was a week after snowy escape release, there really is nothing to do at the game anymore that at least interest me, ive been playing sims 3 again since september and only stopped to play cyberpunk 2077 and valhalla now im resuming ts3 again and still have a blast for every session.

I've actually given up on TS3 for now. It's not running as smooth as I'd like on my PC and I only have three expansions installed. This PC is not a bad PC and that game is eleven years old. I should be able to run it perfectly. I will give it another try when I eventually buy a new PC.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I feel the burn out too at times. Lately I've been spending more time setting up potential saves rather than playing them, but that's only because I have a lot to set up with my saves to really make them feel alive and fun.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited January 2021
    I would advise a break from the game. Years ago I got burnt out from sims 3 for different reasons but it can be good to take a break for a few week, months or even years. It was only when my old cat broke my previous laptop and went 2 years with no computer or sims game I appreciate sims 4.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited January 2021
    troshalom wrote: »

I know the feeling. I uninstalled the game late in 2020 because I was tired of constantly stopping and starting different concepts when I got bored of the last one, and even more fed up with all the bugs, which had seemed to get worse in 2020. Even when I removed the mods and my abandoned saved games, I was horrified by how much space the game took up on my PC, and amazed by how much space I gained by uninstalling the game. I miss it sometimes but I'm playing other games from time to time and focusing on other activities.

Maybe I'll reinstall it one day but I'm not in a hurry.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    MEAKA1STLADY719MEAKA1STLADY719 Posts: 7 New Member
    I recently purchased every last game pack, expansion, and stuff packs and entirely lost my will to even play the sims 4 anymore SPECIFICALLY because game play is so repetitive. I went back to playing the sims 3 and im just like.... they just went and took the hugest step backwards with this game that they possibly could have. The sims 4 needs and entire overhaul.

i would assume this is just a forum but of course the developers arent listening they come out with a new pack or expansion every few months with absolutely NOTHING that their fan based asked for. I could've went without the star wars pack i dont see the point in the new upcoming paranormal pack either and havent even figured out the point of eco lifestyle

To me its almost worth spending $20 a pop on all of the Sims 3 expansions and gaming packs.
  • Options
    MEAKA1STLADY719MEAKA1STLADY719 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @izecson said:
    > The last time I played Sims 4 was a week after snowy escape release, there really is nothing to do at the game anymore that at least interest me, ive been playing sims 3 again since september and only stopped to play cyberpunk 2077 and valhalla now im resuming ts3 again and still have a blast for every session.

This is where I am currently I purchased a few more packs for the Sims 3 and I could play this game forever. Half way wish I could get a refund for all the money wasted on the sims 4. Love the graphics of ts4 but the game play on ts3 I have no complaints what so ever. Need to purchase all the Expansion packs and then I'll be set i can pick and chose which stuff packs id like.
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    @justforfunlove lol nah I can barely even buy myself packs. get a job lol