The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help - missing baby!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @plushtrap_107 I am a little new to all this now, just coming back but would reset the baby work.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    You said she died of thirst. Did she return to the family as a ghost?
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    @Evalen, it's OK, I got her back :) I was able to access her family tree in MasterController (the only place she appeared) and add her from there.

@IreneSwift, yes, the poor little thing is a vampire ghost. I thought she was that way from her Mom at first (as Jupiter is a vampire ghost too) but the baby must have been born a vampire and then somehow neglected and died.

Here she is, just as Dad finds her outside and picks her up. He was scared of her at first but I made him pick her up and now he's bonded with her :)

Screenshot-14_zpsqnrmvzgd.jpg
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Aw, poor vampire ghost baby!

Glad you got her back. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    @Evalen, it's OK, I got her back :) I was able to access her family tree in MasterController (the only place she appeared) and add her from there.

@IreneSwift, yes, the poor little thing is a vampire ghost. I thought she was that way from her Mom at first (as Jupiter is a vampire ghost too) but the baby must have been born a vampire and then somehow neglected and died.

Here she is, just as Dad finds her outside and picks her up. He was scared of her at first but I made him pick her up and now he's bonded with her :)

Screenshot-14_zpsqnrmvzgd.jpg

Holy 'plum', she's stunning... I want one. I want a baby vampire ghost. I really hope you keep us updated on her, I'd love to see her as a toddler. So cool. Scary cool.
  • Options
    @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 and @Jessa_Dakkar, thanks guys :) I love how she looks; I've nicknamed her "Jelly baby" because she reminds me of the sweets.

She already has 18 happiness points; she must be very pleased about being rescued!

I'm playing her family now so I'll get some more pics of her and post them up in the "What happened in your Sims game today" thread.
  • Options
    JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    @plushtrap_107, the same thing happened to the first and only set of twins I've conceived in game without a mod! I also play rotationally, and I went back to my family that had conceived ... only to find that one of the twins was missing. I've been so disappointed! But it happened in-game almost a year ago. So I hope, now that I've found this thread and "the cure" therein, that it's not too late to save the baby!
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    @JovialJoy, that sucks that you lost one of your twins? Were either of them ghosts?

I think my little Malinda was vanishing because she was a ghost baby/toddler and babies and toddlers don't get gravestones in game. Every time I went to play another family and then switched back, Malinda would be gone. This is what I did to make her come back:

Have Master Controller installed.
    Click on a parent to select them.
    Click the parent again and select NRAAS and then Master Controller.
    From the list, click Basic and a new list will come up. Click on Family Tree.
    Your Sims' family tree should appear, showing the missing baby or babies. Right click on the missing Sim.
    A new window should appear with only one choice in it...Master Controller. Click on this.
    Another window will pop up on top. Now select Intermediate.
    Yes it's...another window xD Here, finally is the option to Add Sim. Click on this and your missing Sim should be restored to the family.

Since then, Jupiter and Benjamin (the parents) have had vampire ghost twins! They vanish when I switch to a different family and I have to use the above method to bring them back. However, since Malinda has become a child, she doesn't disappear any more.

Good luck and I really hope you can get your baby back :)

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,935 Member
    It doesn't only happen to ghost babies. I lose all sorts of babies and toddlers all the time from playing different households for a while. I use Master Controller to get them back.

I usually just click on the roof of their home and choose reset sim. If they appear in the list of Sims I can reset I reset them and they come back. If that doesn't work it gets a bit more complicated. But I've always got them back so far.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I must say I love the name for a vampire ghost, Malinda. That part the game did greatly, the rest not so much of course. Great you got her back!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @Karritz, that's awful :( I wonder if the game is trying to cull them? Glad you can still get them back though!

@JoAnne65, thanks :) I think it's a pretty name too! She's a little girl now and so far, I've seen her scare her dad and her big brother xD

Just when it seemed that all ghostly drama was over...

Screenshot-100_zpspm3t814x.jpg

This is Lucy Arcturus, with her baby daughter, Corrie. I knew Lucy was pregnant and I was playing a different family. When I switched to the Arcturus household, Lucy and her husband had the "It's a Girl" moodlet but there was no new baby.

I brought Corrie back with MasterController but she was a little blue ghost! Both parents are alive so I really don't know how they had a ghost baby. It looks like Corrie drowned but unless some evil murderer Sim snuck into the mansion and threw her into the swimming pool, I don't see how this could have happened.
    Post edited by plushtrap_107 on
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2016
    There's something really spooky going on in your game :o
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    #creepypasta :p

What makes it even creepier was that the social worker tried to kill Lucy when she was a baby. Mr and Mrs Arcturus adopted her and the social worker left her outside their apartment, in the rain! Lucy's older brother, Rodney found her and took her inside before she froze.

Now Rodney and Lucy live together with their partners, Jaime and Chris, and Lucys' kids, Maisie, Clara and Corrie. All of them are normal humans...except Corrie!
  • Options
    JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    @JovialJoy, that plum that you lost one of your twins? Were either of them ghosts?

I think my little Malinda was vanishing because she was a ghost baby/toddler and babies and toddlers don't get gravestones in game. Every time I went to play another family and then switched back, Malinda would be gone. This is what I did to make her come back:

Your Sims' family tree should appear, showing the missing baby or babies. Right click on the missing Sim.
    A new window should appear with only one choice in it...Master Controller. Click on this.
    Yes it's...another window xD Here, finally is the option to Add Sim. Click on this and your missing Sim should be restored to the family.

Since then, Jupiter and Benjamin (the parents) have had vampire ghost twins! They vanish when I switch to a different family and I have to use the above method to bring them back. However, since Malinda has become a child, she doesn't disappear any more.

@plushtrap_107, No! Neither of them were ghosts. And all of the circumstances are as you described. The child still shows up in the family tree as a colored icon. Moreover, none of the family members have any members of anything bad happening to her.

Now I'm wondering if she got taken away from the family because I moved them to an empty lot, just as the mother was going into labor, that had no house. Still, the other child was left behind!

Thank you for the instructions and well wishes! I'll install Master Controller sometime in the near future, try this method out, and let you know how everything turns out.
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I used to have sims vanish while trying to play rotationally before adding Mods and I found out I had to use almost all of the NRaas Mods including story progression.That's what stops babies and toddlers from being culled from the game though it takes another Mod to remove the social workers which is another way the babies and toddlers vanish from the game and these issues can glitch out or corrupt a save.I found something HERE that might help with the missing babies and toddlers by removing the NPC social workers that take the children away from your game.I have that download myself and have installed the social worker Mod.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    sugarplumpeachsugarplumpeach Posts: 177 Member
    Really strange a lot of people have this issue with rotational play. I've been switching households every time and the most that has happened are people hooking up and the elderly dying of old age. I feel really lucky and I hope this never happens to me.
  • Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    hepburnfan wrote: »
    Really strange a lot of people have this issue with rotational play. I've been switching households every time and the most that has happened are people hooking up and the elderly dying of old age. I feel really lucky and I hope this never happens to me.

It's the same for me too. I have always switched back and forth from different households, and nothing important has ever happened to the inactives while I was away.

I've had story progression and aging turned off from day one, maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know.
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited November 2020
    @JovialJoy, that sucks that you lost one of your twins? Were either of them ghosts?

THANK YOU. THANK GOD.

I'm an emotional [removed] Pisces and it's 11/11 today and ya know I'm tryna be positive. I got SO SAD and HEARTBROKEN when my vampire ghost baby disappeared.

I never play with mods but F it! EA and The Sims team can't do [removed]. I'm fed up. I even bought Monte Vista and the code won't work and I've spoken with EA about this and they said there's nothing they can do. Won't even give me a refund. [Removed] I'm never buying an expansion again and I'll be using mods etc. etc. etc. from now on.... UNTIL THE SIMS TEAM CAN GET IT TOGETHER!!!!!

Removed all attempts to bypass profanity filter ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Considering this thread has been active for quite a long time I'm going to close it off to avoid further necro posting.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top