Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

lag

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Oh the lag! Yes, it has become the 'new thing' with my game, and I don't like it. I never had that particular problem until I installed those two hot fixes. The only way to get rid of it is to save the game a couple times, leave the game, delete the localthumcache then reload the game. That is the only way I have found to get rid of it. Going into build mode began to be a lag-fest right after the update but nothing that couldn't be resolved by saving the game after going back into live mode. Now it is happening as soon as I load a save file to start playing. And as far as it being your PC's fault? Not true. The game lags on my gaming laptop and on my gaming desktop that has a very expensive new graphics card I put in it a couple months ago. Something hinky going on within the code causing drops in the frame rate is my guess. And I am going to try a mod for it tonight to see if that will help.
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I’m having the lag too, and it’s so much worst in buy mode and I have a very fast computer
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2020
    I had a surprising amount of lag after installing the pack, but the latest patch seems to have fixed it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    love7680love7680 Posts: 123 Member
    edited June 2020
    @jimbbq Same here! I play on a laptop and would not have any issues! But since EL my fan is on overtime. I could play all day for days without turning the sims off and have not one issue with my fan. Now I play for about 4-6 hours and my laptop is hot. It's never been this hot, warm yes, hot no. Please EA fix this with the next patch.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I find that when playing at green Harbor my game lags a bit since the hoods are quite big. Playing in old worlds like willow creek is much smoother even with all EL features on.
  • Options
    Hollyblue27Hollyblue27 Posts: 21 Member
    After being unable to load my family for DAYS I finally get that fixed only to STILL be unable to play due to lag. I literally cannot do a single thing in live mode, but build/buy is just fine.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 ea.

I have never had so many problems with the game before, I'm incredibly disappointed.
  • Options
    Simmons33Simmons33 Posts: 6 New Member
    Im having these ridiculous frame drops as well. Something they changed/did.

Game is freshly installed, no mods or CC on a PC with a 8700K/RTX 2080 SUPER/32GB RAM

I seem to recall LGR also having these issues on his LGR Plays video for ECO Lifestyle on his LGR Blerbs side channel
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Build buy lag yes I had to adjust my settings to get it somewhat less laggy
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    LightningSparxLightningSparx Posts: 13 New Member
    I've been getting bad lag especially when trying to access a computer in the game. It's a pain when trying to apply for every scholarship available for University. My sim is a genius and he is going for every degree available. I get random lag issues with other interactions also since Eco. I'm playing on a new gaming PC and have never had a problem with lag before the Eco xpac. :(
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I only get lag in build mode. I find if I save the lagging stops then it will go back live play the lagging starts again and I save one more time and it stops. I use a laptop and my fan doesn’t hardly ever turn on. With the exception of playing all day then I find that restarting my laptop helps this.
  • Options
    I’m getting tons of lag now. It started with the latest pack. Before that, I played on ultra with no problem.
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    I also get lag after switching to and from build mode now. I just click the Gallery button and that fixes it immediately. Of course that does not fix the root problem, but it is a temporary fix which works, atleast for me, 100% of the time. I'm fine with doing that for now, but hopefully this problem stops with the next patch.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Luckily none. *Keeping fingers crossed.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2020
    No worse than usual but I don't have Eco Living and I am playing on a tabletop computer that got an overhaul last year, if that matters. My Sims sometimes freeze after I give them a command to do but only for a few secs. Nothing too annoying and doesn't happen all the time. No problems with computers in game or anything like that. So far. I did have an annoying lag with University but when my radios stopped working I did a 50/50 with my CC to fix the radios and as a bonus the lag cleared up. Well, apart from what I already have.

Editing to say; and I have probably jinxed myself for saying this /knocks on wood :smirk:
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Maybe I have a mod conflict, because my Sims are lagging all the time, and even building and CAS are lagging for me. Or maybe it’s a sign from the heavens that I should buy that expensive laptop I’ve been wanting. 😉

Edit: Sorry for the multiple comments! I kept not realizing I had posted in this thread before!
    Post edited by Rouensims on
  • Options
    Damien555Damien555 Posts: 21 Member
    I am having the same issue. Horrible lag on Xbox One
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    My laptops been more laggy than usual. Then again its a 6 year old laptop and I've been piling on the CC and packs so it's to be expected. I'm getting a new one later so I guess I'll see then if it's still laggy, if it is it's definitely a sims issue as my new one is way more up to date
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    I had lag on my old computer but none with my new one
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God