Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A list of activities that increase industrial footprint ?

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,350 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Simmerville

Okay without modifying the park... 200 generators in the basement are required :p

Which means 7 x 200 = 1400 points of Industrial Eco Footprint
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    @kristenleighwhite I read on Carl's guide that trash is not to do with the eco footprint and is set as a world layer in all the neighbourhoods. The only way to get rid of the trash is apparently to use either of these NAPS: Modern Development or Green Initiatives.

I have now industrialised the other houses in the port area and am going to try again to see if I can keep the area industrial:
    06-07-20_11-35-09%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

06-07-20_12-05-06%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

It is a real shame about the container door. They made the container walls industrial but the door green. I wonder if that was a mistake. But I am sad that building containers uses a 'green' door.

Ohhh, thank you!!
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    @Simmerville

Okay without modifying the park... 200 generators in the basement are required :p

Do you only need to place them, or do they also have to be running?
  • Options
    idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    If you upgrade fridges(probably other appliances as well)so that they won't rely on a power source anymore,they become industrial.
  • Options
    AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member

~snipped (by me) to save space~
    jimbbq wrote: »

Look like a balancing issue with the footprint score.

Hiya @jimbbq

Just checking in and wanted to let you know:

I started a new build and discovered it was not the program, it is I who is to fault.

It would seem, I am not as clean and green as I thought. ~sigh~

I use almost all stone and brick when building which includes the flooring (the area just beneath the roof counts too).

Ya'll are doing a great job of untangling the ECO quagmire on this thread.

Thank-you!

~happy simming~

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    edited June 2020
    So... after I had changed all the neighborhood houses to deck them out with industrial stuff and took away all their plants and green stuff, I moved my family into Port Promise in a nice little industrial container. I had them using a bonfire for most of the day and generally being unclean and ungreen. Next morning - exactly the same as my last try - eco footprint was neutral.

I give up. This is not good.
  • Options
    @Simmerville

Do you only need to place them, or do they also have to be running?

Place them is enough
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,035 Member
    edited June 2020
    Are there any cheat codes to change things? Or did we get another Sulani situation?

🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @Gordy

There are cheat codes :

eco_footprint.set_eco_footprint_state 0 : Green Eco Footprint
    eco_footprint.set_eco_footprint_state 1 : Neutral Eco Footprint
    eco_footprint.set_eco_footprint_state 2 : Industrial Eco Footprint

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm a bit disappointed by how hard it is to get a polluted state. It looks like it takes too much work, at least from reading the responses here and watching videos. Adding pollution to worlds was a major feature for me!
    This puts me a bit on the fence about this pack, so I'm waiting for a sale now.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    So... after I had changed all the neighborhood houses to deck them out with industrial stuff and took away all their plants and green stuff, I moved my family into Port Promise in a nice little industrial container. I had them using a bonfire for most of the day and generally being unclean and ungreen. Next morning - exactly the same as my last try - eco footprint was neutral.

I'm wondering now if the Bar and whatever version a person picks for Community Space are having more of an impact on the footprint then just the residential lots. My Port is stuck at neutral but Knox, Bess and my lot show the industrial sign while the bar and Maker's Market just have the neutral sign.

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Wrenry wrote: »

I'm wondering now if the Bar and whatever version a person picks for Community Space are having more of an impact on the footprint then just the residential lots. My Port is stuck at neutral but Knox, Bess and my lot show the industrial sign while the bar and Maker's Market just have the neutral sign.

I'm guessing your right and all lots impact it, not just the residential. I'm playing in Willow Creek and there's a park in my neighbourhood and I'm sure it's pulling back. The park is green (which does make sense) and my residential lot can't override it very easily. It can be done, but it's work for sure.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Simmerville

I dont think it's about the generators but the build materials you use. Like generators might also help but it's even better to use build materials with an industrial footprint and items that consume a ton of water and electricity. At least that's my impression. I've been too lost in the game to really test this though.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm playing in Port Promise and nothing was changing for my Sims. I truly believe it would have stayed trashy and dirty if not for him actively trying to change it through the Community Voting board. I played through two seasons of the dirty world because I was trying to repeal something while being poor, dealing with inclement weather and trying to make money. Then I voted for Green Initiative in Port Promise which starting things rolling. Figuring things out is fun :p . @bixters Simmers have to watch the voting board because that can effect the Industrial Footprint.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    Wrenry wrote: »

I'm guessing your right and all lots impact it, not just the residential. I'm playing in Willow Creek and there's a park in my neighbourhood and I'm sure it's pulling back. The park is green (which does make sense) and my residential lot can't override it very easily. It can be done, but it's work for sure.

...At this point the Gurus need to explain how to keep from slipping into Neutral. I started a new save with every lot being in Industrial accept my lot that I cleaned off:

Vhddmu0l.jpg

After going to each residential lot and the bar and unchanged Community Space removing trees, bushes, flowers, Green wallpaper, flooring, and doors and windows and replacing them with windows and doors with no foot prints, the linoleum flooring that causes minor environmental loss and Industrial wallpaper, everything slid into Neutral:

ILSjznQl.jpg

And though I had changed everything, my sim's panel said the foot print was still Industrial so I played to the next day to see if the lots would slide back into Industrial. And nope, the message for the next day was Port Promise was now in Neutral.

So...loaded up another file with everything starting the same as the top picture. But then bulldozed all the residential lots and the bar and Community Space, which were both marked as not complete since I didn't change them, and the foot prints still slid into Neutral without anything on the lots:

dZj1gFDl.jpg

Doing all this just makes it looks like there's no way to stop sliding into the neutral foot print. Even when using items marked for the Industrial foot print or no foot print at all. Maybe its a glitch like not being able to use the apartment balconies or there's just some combination that's being missed. I'll see what else may work besides the cheat code, but it be nice if the Gurus clarified how to keep that wonderful Industrial look.
  • Options
    idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @Simmerville

I dont think it's about the generators but the build materials you use. Like generators might also help but it's even better to use build materials with an industrial footprint and items that consume a ton of water and electricity. At least that's my impression. I've been too lost in the game to really test this though.

'items that consume a ton of water and electricity' i'm a little confused about this... If an item has a high power consumption rating,does it consume a small amount power or a lot of power?
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2020
    I noticed that my restaurants all got an industrial icon, even when not being played much. So maybe the chef's kitchen has a very negative impact?

EDIT: I got this wrong. A couple restaurants I never visited are still neutral.

I tried to change the eco-footprint of the bar in Evergreen Harbor (now a restaurant) and after placing green roofs, green wallpapers, green floor, green columns, removed the fireplace, lots of water containers, lots of solar pannels, a huge amount of plants... it's still "neutral". Definitely the eco-score system is broken.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I put a ton generators, the industrial water thingies, and fireplaces in all the apartments in my district along with changing all wallpapers and floors... and it's still pulling green. Cheating by using Eco_Footprint.Set_Eco_Footprint_State 2 doesn't help because I have to keep cheating over and over again to keep it industrial.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Making pollution is hard work. I now have three power generators, lots of fire and trash plants. the industrial footprint is going up by 10% then it is suddenly going back to eco direction. Can anyone explain how this works ??

It's bugged. Almost everything is bugged; I can't wait until the next patch comes out.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Aunza wrote: »
    Envy ~almost to the point of sobbing~

Short answer:

Try living in the Old Salt House, San Myshuno.

Longer version:

I am a clean and green kinda person, and got gobsmacked with the industrial footprint upon updating and adding the EP.

My sim HAD an artist/music haven in the Old Salt House. I can not get the industrial footprint down.

She now lives to cough and complain about the industry being in full bloom.

There are NO neighbors.

She does almost everything outside, her lights are seldom on.

Even though my growfruit tree is still struggling to survive, it did wipe out the money tree.

But-t-t,

She also owns a fully upgraded rocketship and flush toilets. ~laughs~

So, yeah, it has to be the bathrooms and the rocketship, as everything else is/should be enviroment friendly.

Good luck &

~happy simming~

And I envy you, because I've been trying to change that neighborhood to industrial and it doesn't seem to be working.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,945 Member
    @kristenleighwhite I read on Carl's guide that trash is not to do with the eco footprint and is set as a world layer in all the neighbourhoods. The only way to get rid of the trash is apparently to use either of these NAPS: Modern Development or Green Initiatives.

I have now industrialised the other houses in the port area and am going to try again to see if I can keep the area industrial:
    06-07-20_11-35-09%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

06-07-20_12-05-06%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

It is a real shame about the container door. They made the container walls industrial but the door green. I wonder if that was a mistake. But I am sad that building containers uses a 'green' door.

All the windows and doors in the EL pack are set to green. I had to give up trying to keep Port Promise industrial by the second day it's neutral.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Maybe its a good idea for us to make industrial builds and load them onto the gallery? Then we can raze the whole neighbourhood to the ground and plop them all in?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2020
    Maybe its a good idea for us to make industrial builds and load them onto the gallery? Then we can raze the whole neighbourhood to the ground and plop them all in?

I can share mine if anyone is interested :)

But reading all this, I'd first have to check it's still considered industrial 🙄
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2020
    I really hope they fix this. Adding pollution was a selling point of this pack.
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I can share mine if anyone is interested :)

But reading all this, I'd first have to check it's still considered industrial 🙄

I might give industrial building a shot myself :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    In the options you can also disable the eco footprint of the wallpaper, floor, objects ... which means only the actions can change the eco footprint.