Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So 3 packs having Eco Living elements wasn't enough aye?

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    I think anyone who dislikes the pack should dislike it on youtube give it a thumbs down
    and unless you really love this pack don't buy the pack for at least two weeks after it comes out that way it will still hurt there bottom line
    https://youtu.be/Q2ce9VSNsjE

I think this is the most disliked trailer for them is it not?

I'm not sure
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    does anyone else find the star of the trailer creepy looking she has a unfinished look about her
    the other two sims look fine
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I think anyone who dislikes the pack should dislike it on youtube give it a thumbs down
    and unless you really love this pack don't buy the pack for at least two weeks after it comes out that way it will still hurt there bottom line

I'm not sure

Did they take My First Petty Stuff trailer out of the channel? I'm pretty sure nothing will ever top that.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options

I'm not sure

Did they take My First Petty Stuff trailer out of the channel? I'm pretty sure nothing will ever top that.

yes they did
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I was not excited about the leaked farm pack at all so maybe people don't like this pack because its another mini game played in only one of world and in this case just a horrible theme. I really wonder the number of people who played Strangerville story more than once this is just the same.

There have been multiple tweets from the gurus saying this will not be like Strangerville, aka. story driven. It will probably be more like a pollution/environmental simulator, where you do different tasks to make the environment either better or worse. Almost like a scale. Hopefully, this means that there will be varying degrees of polluted/healthy environment, which can manipulated by the player's choices. The only comparable things to Strangerville is that it will probably only be in one world and there will be a choice to change something about the world. Players can choose to live in pollution or not.

Personally, I think the pollution looks awesome, and wish I could spread it to other worlds, like San Myshuno. But I'm pretty sure it's restricted to this world. The real question is how much content is there outside of this specific world that makes this pack replayable?
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited May 2020
    does anyone else find the star of the trailer creepy looking she has a unfinished look about her

Do you mean on the cover art for the pack? They all look off to me. Their faces are distorted. The woman's face is all stretched out, and the guy's face is too narrow.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Looks to me like there's a lot of machines lying around that we never see the use of and people selling things, so this pack could have a lot of ways to craft and make money outside of gardening.

Some people don't like having too much money, to which I say "Then don't work so hard." If you don't want your Sim to have so much money, you can go out and party all night - or work on the environment.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »

Do you mean on the cover art for the pack? They all look off to me. Their faces are distorted. The woman's face is all stretched out, and the guy's face is too narrow.

yes I do
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,149 Member
    momboqueen wrote: »
    so they came out with a globilist climate change pack? must be made in california lol

Yep. On all counts. It's supposed to be set in a coastal place, so maybe we get Frisco? Saw the video and it comes across as PC propaganda. I'm all in favor of living in an environmentally responsible manner, even do it, but this is just using a 'game' as a tool for indoctrination. Not to mention not being new at all.

This sounds ridiculous to me. There are millions games which appriciate the violance, murder and crimes in their game concept as lifestyle. But when one game includes climate change, that's suddenly propaganda of PC and indoctrination? Are you seriously?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    so they came out with a globilist climate change pack? must be made in california lol

Yep. On all counts. It's supposed to be set in a coastal place, so maybe we get Frisco? Saw the video and it comes across as PC propaganda. I'm all in favor of living in an environmentally responsible manner, even do it, but this is just using a 'game' as a tool for indoctrination. Not to mention not being new at all.

I hate the idea of this pack as much as the next guy, but I will never for the life of me understand why taking care of the earth is considered political.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020

I hate the idea of this pack as much as the next guy, but I will never for the life of me understand why taking care of the earth is considered political.
    It's not. Someone has to clean up after the trash that tourists and homeless and slobs and hoarders leave on the ground and everywhere. Places don't stay clean if no one looks out after them otherwise people would be swimming in trash at the beaches, lakes, and rivers.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Someone also said reminds them of Sims 3 into the future. I havent gotten that expansion yet but seeing 2 diff versions of the same world i get the resemblance in that aspect
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Someone also said reminds them of Sims 3 into the future. I havent gotten that expansion yet but seeing 2 diff versions of the same world i get the resemblance in that aspect
    Yeah Dystopian mode was awesome. There were three modes, Utopian and normal world which looks like the Sims 4, and Dystopian world and world was called Oasis Landing. The homes were so amazing. Your Sim could travel to the future and see if they had great great grandchildren or not and depending on how successful your Sim was in the past determined the fate of the future generation.
    dystopianfuture2.gif
    dystopianfuturelightning.gif
    utopiaoversizedflowers.gif
    oasislanding.gif

Also was funny in the Sims 3 University pack, they had a blue plumbob statue for their plans for the Sims 4 Online which didn't pan out.
    ltc4p3V.png
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah Dystopian mode was awesome. There were three modes, Utopian and normal world which looks like the Sims 4, and Dystopian world and world was called Oasis Landing. The homes were so amazing. Your Sim could travel to the future and see if they had great great grandchildren or not and depending on how successful your Sim was in the past determined the fate of the future generation.
    dystopianfuture2.gif
    dystopianfuturelightning.gif
    utopiaoversizedflowers.gif
    oasislanding.gif

Also was funny in the Sims 3 University pack, they had a blue plumbob statue for their plans for the Sims 4 Online which didn't pan out.
    ltc4p3V.png

Lol I remember that plumbob thing.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited May 2020

@sam133, Just curious if you have record of the like / dislike counts of every pack’s preview trailers prior to the launches of their gameplay trailers, livestreams, and actual releases?
  • Options

@sam133, Just curious if you have record of the like / dislike counts of every pack’s preview trailers prior to the launches of their gameplay trailers, livestreams, and actual releases?

No I do not sadly but I don't think releases would make much of a difference of the initial trailers likes/dislikes.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,256 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

It's not. Someone has to clean up after the trash that tourists and homeless and slobs and hoarders leave on the ground and everywhere. Places don't stay clean if no one looks out after them otherwise people would be swimming in trash at the beaches, lakes, and rivers.

I think there two movements.Yhere is clean up the earth the in political one, and than there is the political other one.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,167 Member

I'm not sure

They did lol, I actually find it hilarious.
  • Options
    With regards to the title of the thread, I'm gonna say that no, those three packs do not satisfy any needs I have for ecology and - this does not mean you HAVE to play in a green world - they shouldn't satisfy anybody who wants to 'go green' because if they did you'd have some SERIOUSLY low standards for it. Island Living is the only pack that comes close, and that's not the focus anyway. In fact Island Living doesn't really have a focus apart its Mermaid/Hawaii theme, which kind of spoils it.

I imagine there will be players desperate to make the world as polluted and dirty as possible. And it's your world. You rule. Populate it with Indians and rename the city New New Dehli. We'll see humourous Let's Plays on it, like the guy who deliberately put water pipes downstream of sewer pipes in Cities Skylines, or those who delight in forcing their Sims to die in their own filth.

It's not something to be ashamed of, nor is it a reason to think the pack is bad, because that kind of experimentation is part of the game in The Sims. I'd be more disappointed if it wasn't a continuous thing.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    With regards to the title of the thread, I'm gonna say that no, those three packs do not satisfy any needs I have for ecology and - this does not mean you HAVE to play in a green world - they shouldn't satisfy anybody who wants to 'go green' because if they did you'd have some SERIOUSLY low standards for it. Island Living is the only pack that comes close, and that's not the focus anyway. In fact Island Living doesn't really have a focus apart its Mermaid/Hawaii theme, which kind of spoils it.

I imagine there will be players desperate to make the world as polluted and dirty as possible. And it's your world. You rule. Populate it with Indians and rename the city New New Dehli. We'll see humourous Let's Plays on it, like the guy who deliberately put water pipes downstream of sewer pipes in Cities Skylines, or those who delight in forcing their Sims to die in their own filth.

It's not something to be ashamed of, nor is it a reason to think the pack is bad, because that kind of experimentation is part of the game in The Sims. I'd be more disappointed if it wasn't a continuous thing.

Have you not seen the homes in the trailer? It has Tiny Living written all over it.
  • Options

Yes what you do in the present affects the future world.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

Have you not seen the homes in the trailer? It has Tiny Living written all over it.

I'll buy this pack but i haven't and won't buy Tiny Living.
  • Options

People were building tiny homes LONG before the release of Tiny Living.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    An eco lifestyle "EP" for an already utopian world with little to no consequences..yea..that makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top