Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pet Appreciation Post!

TalonflareTalonflare Posts: 47 Member
I ended a play session not too long ago and am now here calmly scrolling through the forums lookin' for some quality entertainment. While doing this a thought occurred to me, why not a pet appreciation post? So by using the site's search function, I started my search for such a discussion post. I only found one post, and it was posted sometime during 2018. So here I am making a new post. Feel free to share your sim's furry, feathery, and scaly friends and let others appreciate them as much as you do!

I can start first, this dark blue and black cat here is Lyra, my pet founder for the Enchantacy Legacy challenge I'm doing. She's the very elegant type, and kind of reserved. My human founder, Selena, loves her with all her heart and would do nearly anything for her.
mIRyooe.jpg

original.gif
Just a little Smile.

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Ace (a wolf - CC)
    Screenshot-21.jpg

Denali (an Alaskan Malamute)
    Screenshot-28.jpg

Ripper (the Rottweiler)
    Screenshot-23.jpg

https://nikkeisimmer.blogspot.com/2019/09/ace.html?m=1
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Here is Scooby (no, I didn't create him, found on the exchange) meeting his lady love (I did create her, forgot her name...hey, it was at least 4 years ago!) and telling her all about the ghost in the house.
    32306258812_deec709c74_o.jpg

Ghost kitty! Love seeing them float through the walls of the house and the daughter of the family was not even startled, just watched the kitty. :smiley:
    31698342294_b36a728fa4_o.jpg
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    A few screenshots of some colorful horses and unicorns from my farming and horse-racing save:

BryonyridingCalyx_zpslwdq8pef.jpg

horseball_zpsox0nsbc2.jpg

IainridingAbernathy_zpsk7qqxzit.jpg

beach_zpsbfpzyk3x.jpg

SaffronridingSunset_zpsogztgzzn.jpg
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    So many cute, funny and marvellous pets! I'm still in awe of your horses, @starguru :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited April 2020
    I play three families in the same neighborhood, but every morning, no matter which house I'm in, the dog from my main family comes out and terrorizes the mailman:

4Je4LZR.png
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    So many cute, funny and marvellous pets! I'm still in awe of your horses, @starguru :)

Thank you! :)

Here's another unicorn screenshot I had meant to add with the others in my previous post, but had forgotten because it was from a different world save/pic folder:

hyperion_zps9eqaalpe.jpg
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @Archivist That was so funny, makes me want to put a dog back in my game. Love pets. had a good laugh over this one. thanks
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Lovely pics! The next time I play sim-me must borrow a horse and go out for a ride. :smiley:

This pic is from today. Great-grandsim Susanne with sim-me's Samoyed dog, Rex.

cfa9TaJ.jpg

"Minor pet" love! I wish one could interact with them more, but CC and poses makes it possible to have fun with some of them. The turtles are so cute. :blush::heart:

x9DVfeE.jpg

Xid1k9g.jpg

cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited April 2020
    Ohhhh I adore threads like this! I can never get enough of seeing simmie pets. I like to shake things up in my game and add pets that are different from the status quo. Thus, I recently added a "fox" who goes by the name of Finn o:)
    43e587d743e3b2660c635b1fa736054cc6735e9b.jpg

238b87e1203c26a14e23f8527560ba13527730b5.jpg

cc9e5314b01179cd717e93f27adfffea26fcd5dc.jpg

48b96645116374f1f37d2c9d42c0181d368214da.jpg
    I gave him traits to match up with RL foxes so he yips a lot and is constantly digging holes for a den :p
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    On the feline side.
    Screenshot-10.jpg
    Ranger

Screenshot-91.jpg
    Gollum...er actually she’s named Sassy

Screenshot-31.jpg
    Charlie

Screenshot-97.jpg
    Callie
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    On the feline side.
    Screenshot-10.jpg
    Ranger

Screenshot-91.jpg
    Gollum...er actually she’s named Sassy

Screenshot-31.jpg
    Charlie

Screenshot-97.jpg
    Callie

My cat irl is named Callie! Looks nothing like that sim cat. I have a lot of pics I'll share when I get on pc and remember to do it.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I’ve got four kitties pf my own irl.

Mina (female tabby)
    Loki (mele tuxedo)
    Ewok (male tabby)
    Galway (male tuxedo)

Loki%2526Galwayb%2526w.jpg
    Loki (white nose) Galway (completely black face)

My other kitty shots in my photography blog are .tif which doesn’t translate here.

Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    Sorry to spam but I love the family´s pets!
    Getting off a horse in a stylish way
    Cx6rQNt.jpg
    Gm53m99.jpg
    On wasn´t much better :D
    tzo15WI.jpg
    trying to teach a trick (Rasta hadn´t learned rolling yet!)
    Bavhgg1.jpg
    a stressed Streuner at the public pool of Monte Vista, he was angry about the family to take him there for days!
    FkI3LDe.jpg
    so he went hunting in the night
    3bK37ug.jpg
    EQOL2Pm.jpg
    tcWx76z.jpg
    iijt9Mj.jpg
    AkNx7Jn.jpg
    LuHvwvP.jpg
    walking the dog
    wXB3DZM.jpg
    occupying the bed
    z3FrE5i.jpg
    having fun
    vYeYAzH.jpg
    best co-driver ever
    ZJJQ2uQ.jpg
    dXYI5fG.jpg
    Tired heros ;)
    vwl11ys.jpg
    Thore loves his pet rat. The other family members have rather mixed feelings about a rat in their house.
    SLmhaiC.jpg
    too many pets?
    jFviw04.jpg
    FG0iK6o.jpg
    Z2uwnYt.jpg
    4fhXefu.jpg
  • Options
    In my Enchantacy Legacy playthrough, Selena got a puppy to help with finding rare gems, rocks, and metals! In my opinion, he's got the sweetest brown eyes.
    2gltQjP.jpg

He grew up to be quite the skittish and playful thing! He's also had no problem with helping Selena find what she needs to make her potions.
    LciMkLX.jpg
    HfxBtvN.jpg

Here's Nebula having a chat with Silas about how birds are delicious, and Silas wanting nothing to do with them.
    piBq3JJ.jpg
    original.gif
    Just a little Smile.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

Graveyard keeper,Erisa, and her 3 mastiffs, Cerberus, Lady and Dante
    1GbC5yT.jpg

Lady brought the paper while Erisa was brushing Dante.
    7bO7uro.jpg
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

Horse appreciation:
    P6no8iW.jpg
    xw5YD2c.jpg

Birds:
    pUhHy8M.jpg

Meeting a new member of the household and his 2 great danes.
    vxyWYBa.jpg
  • Options
    I suppose I can consider this as an update post on my Echantacy Challenge, why not? Lyra had her third litter of kittens! I usually don't breed my cats so rapidly, but I needed her to produce a valid heir on the feline side of the legacy challenge. Pictures below!

Nia, not a valid heir but a kitten I most definitely be keeping.
    YHtAgje.jpg

Calligraphy, not a valid heir either but a kitten I will be selling to a neighbor when she grows up.
    FCJg7RC.jpg

Siam, not a valid heir in the slightest and I will also be selling him to a neighbor in the town.
    4htYALZ.jpg

And Sinoa! A valid heir as she meets the criteria of having the same pelt color, eyes, and gender as Lyra, her lovely mother. Although, I must admit that I don't completely like her look. I might breed Lyra one more time before she reaches the Elder stage to try and get a prettier heir. (Yes, I'm aware that's shallow.)
    im8v4xX.jpg

And since these two are still in the household until I can find someone in the town to take them in, here's a picture of them! They are Lyra's second litter. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of their kitten years. Their father was Mothball Lionheart, and I do have some regrets about pairing him with Lyra...I like Willbur's pelt, but his eyes are a bit too small for my taste. Ah well, someone's bound to love him more than I will.

Decker on the left, Willbur on the right.
    ks2V29i.jpg
    original.gif
    Just a little Smile.