Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Most Influential People?

Not counting EA employees, who would you say are the most influential people in the Sims 4 community that you follow or look up to? Can be either influential overall or just influential to you personally. Can be someone with a website, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, or wherever. Can be a help/advice type site, but can also be a storyteller, visual artist, or anything else. Tell me who you consider influential or someone that has contributed something cool to the community.
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I won't say that they're someone that I look up to (someone like an idol/role model) or one could influence me, but, they're someone that I'm willing to spend every minute watching their videos or admiring their masterpieces. They contributed something different, informative, cool, & interesting to the game. To name a few, LGR, Kate Emerald, Devon Bumpkin, Illogical Sims, Call Me Kevin, & GrayStillPlays. They're a very interesting individual who I won't mind being their friends.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    edited February 2020
    Rosemow, she is always there with help and/or praise for fellow simmers. She alse makes beautiful paintings.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,023 Member
    Carl's guide. I usually refer to his guides at least once during a play session.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    Rosemow, she is always there with help and/or praise for fellow simmers. She alse makes beautiful paintings.

I so totally agree with this! :)
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,107 Member
    I'll second (or third) Rose and Carl's entire site...and also Sim's VIP. Is that Scarlet? Basically if those three don't have the answer, it doesn't exist lol
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Myself. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Carl's guide. I usually refer to his guides at least once during a play session.

I agree, I am always referring to Carl.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    All of our wonderful cc creators.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I agree with Rosemow and Carl. I have used Carl's guides on many occasions and Rose is always there to help.

I think modding community are the most influential folks out there. I probably would not even play the game if it was not for them. To name a few modders because I think they deserve recognition..Turbodriver, Basemental, Sacrificial, Bienchens, LittleMsSam, TwistedMexi, Weerbesu and last but certainly not least deaderpool MCC mod guy :) I would also like to mention ModtheSims. This site has been offering free sim cc for probably the 20 years the Sims has been in existence. To those running the site, well done.

Honorable mention: LGR because I enjoy his reviews of each pack and I believe he does influence the community. I have seen many people say they will not buy a pack until they see his review.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2020
    I'd like to enthusiastically ditto Rosemow and Carl's guide & videos! Those are two of the biggest for me. SimsVIP has been a great help as well.

But I'd also like to add a BIG thumbs up to James Turner for his incredible building skills, I've learned a lot from him. But, I also enjoy his Let's Plays. His Lady Bigwallet series is what helped to influence me to try playing Rags to Riches style. I rarely play any other way now, except for some challenges that don't allow it.

The Simmers who run the Build-N-Share challenge have been a BIG influence on my building skills too. Other Simmers who have been an influence to me one way or another over the years are: EuphorialQueen, BreeMiles, WrathofCath, AndrewsArcade, SoulGal7, CathyTea, Cement, LadyLobster, pammiechick, CitizensErased, CBear13 and MizoreYukii. Just to name a very, very few.

There's no way I could list everyone who's helped influence my build skills and playstyle, it would end up being a novel. There are so many wonderful, helpful, talented Simmers in this community and I'm forever grateful to all of them. Thank you! <3
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    I agree with all of the above. I have been referring to Carl's Guide since the release of Sims 3 and of course, our own Rosemow, helper supreme, the modders, lord, first and foremost, NRaas, the original mod god without whose inspiration I would have used Sims 3 "as a doorstop," Deaderpool, mod god version 2 along with many, many others who in my eyes are genius!

Alexis and VIP site to which I get any pending news coming from EA, TSR with their wonderful cc artists, MTS one of the best for mods.

These are the ones who keep me playing this great game I've played and loved for 20 years now. EA/Maxis has their faults and certainly are not perfect by any means, but without them we wouldn't even have the Sims.

Nice thread.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    In no particular favorable order because I enjoy them all equally for their own style:

- Carl
    - LGR
    - Plumbella
    - The Red Plumbob
    - The English Simmer
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited February 2020
    Also agree with Rosemow and Carl. I would also add LuthienRising. Very helpful, works with the modding community when updates break things, keeps everyone updated with what devs have said, etc.

Edit: Two more people to add - Catloverplayer for being a tireless cheerleader with countdowns to release dates, Did You Know and Picture threads.

And Crinrict - Who can be found answering and working with players who report bugs on EA Answers. I swear they answer every bug report without fail.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,023 Member
    Definitely Rose, Luth, Crin, and Cat. Also wanted to add EA_Mai for her forum communications and contributions. Love the weekly highlight thread.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Also agree with Rosemow and Carl. I would also add LuthienRising. Very helpful, works with the modding community when updates break things, keeps everyone updated with what devs have said, etc.

Edit: Two more people to add - Catloverplayer for being a tireless cheerleader with countdowns to release dates, Did You Know and Picture threads.

And Crinrict - Who can be found answering and working with players who report bugs on EA Answers. I swear they answer every bug report without fail.

Yes I agree. Those three people as well. Crinrict omg...practically runs that EA Support website. I cant believe I forgot about Crinrict.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,130 Member
    In no particular order:

-SimKim and KateEmerald both inspire me to be a better builder. Since finding them, I feel like I have gotten so much better and also have started to find my own style.

-Rosemow is always here on the forums lending a helping hand and just always encouraging everyone. She's always the first to comment when I post a new build in my builds thread and always has such a positive comment for each house.

-Crinrict is a huge help at EA Help. I don't visit often but I know I will get a reply when I do.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. I think as a whole, everyone in this community that I've had the pleasure of interacting with has been awesome. This is the first actual online community I've ever been a part of, and honestly, I love this community.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    It would just be the cc creators who make male clothing without them I would have quit playing along time ago since the Guru's refuse to make anything nice.

XLDSims
    Simsontherope
    Luumia
    Peacemaker-ic
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Definitely agree with Rosemow, Crinrict, Luthienrising and Catloverplayer. <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    On YT it was James Turner/TheSImSupply who got me hooked. Nowadays it's him (especially for BB overviews), Deli (for CAS overviews of packs mostly), Aveline for building videos, Kate Emerald for building tutorials.

Carl's Sims 4 guide is my fave reference bible and I do enjoy his insights from his YT videos.

On here, rosemow and simgirl1010 and on AHQ crinrict who all come to mind. Also BluebellFlora from the AHQ Mac section.

There are also builders in the challenges I participate in here on the forums: Taoron, Gwiniel, coolsim9999999, AlJay, BreeMiles, and many many more (I'm not the best with remembering usernames).
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,458 Member
    For information about gameplay I mostly go to Carl's sims guide. Very useful and detailed information.

For news I often look at sims community. I used to go to sims vip as well but the comments on their news items are sometimes bitter enough to spoil the game.

For building Iike to watch the creations by avaline, simproved and msGriphy. It is amazing what can be built in the game without CC.

For lets plays I watch James Turner, occasionally the English simmer or deligracy.

No idea how important these are to simmers in general, but these are the ones that interest me. I will however check out some of the returning names in this thread that I have not yet heard of.

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Let's not forget Writin-Reg while she was with us. She never failed to offer interesting insights and comments that made you think even if you didn't agree. Was never shy about helping whenever she could. I for one benefited in many ways.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes, crinrict too, definitely! Plus all of the people on this forum who take the time to post interesting, inspirational, and uplifting threads and comments! ❤️
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Oldseadogge, um isn't Reg still posting, not disagreeing with you, just curious about while she was with us statement.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited February 2020
    Hadn't expected to see me here! Y'all made me blush. Top of my list is Crinrict and Bluebellflora. I'm not sure people realize how much we owe them when it comes to how well our games run compared to how they would otherwise. I'd like to add Egwarhammer and her entire crew of support people at the Deaderpool Discord server, who help people untangle their broken games no matter the cause of the problem. Rosemow, simgirl1010, and lisasc360 spend a lot of time making people feel welcome and promoting a great atmosphere here on the official Forums -- have done so for years -- and that matters a lot, especially for people just dipping their toes in. Here on the Forums, Bananas_45 is epic in her CC support. I'm also not sure how much people know about how supporting the modding and CC communities are of each other. I'd like to drop a hat to the whole community but especially to Deaderpool, Basemental, LittleMsSam, LeRoideTout, and the late, great Scumbumbo for their practical support of other modders, and to the crew at Sims4Studio, Bakie, and everyone else making tutorials for new creators.

@bshag4lv I'm afraid Reg died recently. :(
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.