October 11 - It's Friday, and that means Friday Highlight is here! Check it out!
October 10 - A new The Sims 4 update is ready for you on Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Details here
October 3 - Patch day for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac! Find the details here.
Playing on macOS Lion (10.7)? Please, read this before updating your game.

[ ♦ ] Tropical theme: The Sims 4 (2019) and The Sims 1/2/3

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 9,851 Member
Hi,

A few of things are still missing:
  • |TS1 EP4 Vacation| Gameplay: Beach Volley
  • |TS2 EP5 Seasons| Gameplay: Marco Polo
  • |TS2 EP5 Seasons/TS3 EP10 Island Paradise| Object: Pool Slide
  • |TS2 EP6 Bon Voyage| Object: Hammock
  • |TS2 EP6 Bon Voyage| Object: Hot Springs
  • |TS2 EP6 Bon Voyage| Gameplay: Hula Dance
  • |TS Castaway Stories| Object: Climbable Coconut Trees
  • |TS Castaway Stories/TS3 EP10 Island Paradise| Object: Firewalk Pit
  • |TS3 Store| Object: Outdoor Shower
  • |TS3 Store| Gameplay: Surfing
  • |TS3 EP08 Seasons| Object: Tanning Booth
  • |TS3 EP10 Island Paradise| Object: Paddle Boat
  • |TS3 EP10 Island Paradise| Object: Rowboat
  • |TS3 EP10 Island Paradise| Gameplay: Windsurfing
  • |TS3 EP10 Island Paradise| Gameplay: Water Skiing
  • |TS3 EP10 Island Paradise| Gameplay: Play in Ocean

yfylm4pnekxl.jpg
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 1,949 Member
    From TS2: ability to learn fire dance, swimming in ocean on any ocean front lot in any world, comb for seashells and other beach treasures with possibility of crab encounter, inclusiong of b/b items (walls, floors, furniture, windows, doors, etc) that look like they are made from local sources - not shipped over from the mainland, tours (these are not soley for tourists), local greeting to learn, local dance to learn
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 237 Member
    There’s a spot below a waterfall in Lani St. Taz where it looks like it’s designed like a hot tub. Was this supposed to be a hot spring?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 9,851 Member
    edited July 11
    From TS2: ability to learn fire dance, swimming in ocean on any ocean front lot in any world

Beach lot is hidden in the basegame (June Patch), I guess they plan to do something later.

Fire Dance is available with the Dance skill in EP02 Get Together.

2i0rkn11.png
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 12
    Hi,

A few of things are still missing:
    • |TS1 EP4 Vacation| Gameplay: Beach Volley
    • |TS2 EP5 Seasons/TS3 EP10 Island Paradise| Object: Pool Slide
    • |TS2 EP6 Bon Voyage| Object: Hammock
    • |TS2 EP6 Bon Voyage| Object: Hot Springs
    • |TS2 EP6 Bon Voyage| Gameplay: Hula Dance
    • |TS Castaway Stories| Object: Climbable Coconut Trees
    • |TS Castaway Stories/TS3 EP10 Island Paradise| Object: Firewalk Pit
    • |TS3 Store| Object: Outdoor Shower
    • |TS3 Store| Gameplay: Surfing
    • |TS3 EP08 Seasons| Object: Tanning Booth
    • |TS3 EP10 Island Paradise| Object: Paddle Boat
    • |TS3 EP10 Island Paradise| Object: Rowboat
    • |TS3 EP10 Island Paradise| Gameplay: Windsurfing
    • |TS3 EP10 Island Paradise| Gameplay: Water Skiing
    • |TS3 EP10 Island Paradise| Gameplay: Play in Ocean

yfylm4pnekxl.jpg

Good list, but don't forget the ability for a group to play "Marco Polo" in the pool! That's from TS2 and I absolutely loved that gameplay!
    @ClarionOfJoy

It seems SimGuruGrant told Marco Polo was a nightmare to do in TS4.
    @ClarionOfJoy

It seems SimGuruGrant told Marco Polo was a nightmare to do in TS4.

TS4 or TS2? Nothing worth doing is ever easy. And what should his statement mean to us?
    @ClarionOfJoy

Yeah, it's still something missing in the game.

@ClarionOfJoy

Yeah, it's still something missing in the game.

Do you think they'll add all these fun things you listed to TS4? I don't know if they can, given the limited game engine. I'm already looking forward to TS5. If they make the game engine strong, I'm hoping they add the things you've listed to that game.

@ClarionOfJoy

I would like to get them but I doubt they'll do more content about this theme.

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 1,949 Member
    Don't get your hopes up, ClarionOfJoy. The rebranding and some posted guru comments related to it indicate we will be stuck with this mess well into infinity. All the same, it would be nice if we got at least some of the things listed.
    Don't get your hopes up, ClarionOfJoy. The rebranding and some posted guru comments related to it indicate we will be stuck with this mess well into infinity. All the same, it would be nice if we got at least some of the things listed.

I'm not stuck with that mess. I feel no loyalty to TS4. If they're not going to put out TS5 within two years, I'm just not going to bother waiting. There are other game studios who see the void EAxis has created with their laziness and lack-luster efforts and they haven't been idle.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,554 Member
    They should be all different as each is a different game. Why can't you like them for the series each is a part of instead of thinking any should be just like the other? I love them all to be different and if I want to play a particular version then I will load up that game that has it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

@Writin_Reg You didn't tell that when Toddlers were missing...
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,554 Member
    edited July 15

That is a sims life stage - not the same thing. Besides Sims 4 toddlers are not like the Sims 2 or 3 toddlers by far. They run circles around either of those and you know it. Comparing tropical pack THEMES with an entire sims life stage being missing is a far cry apart. Sims 1 is the odd one - it should not even be in the same lists as much about it is little to do with Sims 2 and 3 - or even most of 4 - especially when it cam from Sims life stages in the game - they had kids, newborn and adults - period. No aging. No days off from work or school. They had content that was not even in any of the other series -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,458 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

That is a sims life stage - not the same thing. Besides Sims 4 toddlers are not like the Sims 2 or 3 toddlers by far. They run circles around either of those and you know it. Comparing tropical pack THEMES with an entire sims life stage being missing is a far cry apart. Sims 1 is the odd one - it should not even be in the same lists as much about it is little to do with Sims 2 and 3 - or even most of 4 - especially when it cam from Sims life stages in the game - they had kids, newborn and adults - period. No aging. No days off from work or school. They had content that was not even in any of the other series -
    Toddlers in Sims 4 are cute and all, but they’re really not that awful in Sims 3 either (especially with Generations installed). They’re fine by me. Must add that I like it they can’t really take care of themselves, that for me is not a downside.