Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I'm looking forward to the end of the Sims franchise as a whole, but of course that's never happening because EA sees Sims as one of its principal cash cows, preying on the wallets of teenagers' parents across the globe.

If TS5 is coming, it'll be no different in how they handled TS4, at least marketing-wise. I don't expect quality product out of it either, unless they take a step back to Sims 2/3 levels and just leave TS4 behind.

YEP!! I agree completely. I am looking forward to the end of the franchise as well. This franchise will never have the greatness it once had.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I'm holding out to see what Rod Humble and Paradox come out with. Really wish Will Wright's upcoming (or is it...???) game Proxi was not going to be a mobile game. Really, Will? A MOBILE game? At any rate, I have faith that someone -- def not EA -- is going to eventually come out with a robust, well-made, life simulation game that will have everyone saying, "Hey, remember 'The Sims'?," followed by laughter at how badly the TS franchise went downhill.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    With anticipation and delight I returned to play Sims 4 with Island Living. Only to find myself bored after one or two days playing. This shouldn't happen with an expansion.

So, I decided to go back to play Sims 2. (I thought I couldn't go back to play that game, but I was wrong.) Maybe it was a mistake, because the gameplay in Sims 2 is SO GOOD. It is challenging, and there are numerous surprises (both negative and positive).

I think I just realized why Sims 4 isn‘t as good as the previous games.
    There isn‘t challenging gameplay, everything comes to you easily.
    Also there will be no surprises, nothing that changes up your story. For example a burglar breaking in or meteor/ satellite deaths.
    Everything is planned, like earthquakes only happen on a lot with the lot trait, why would I select something negative? Why can’t it happen at random without the lot trait? Would be much more fun IF it happens
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the end of the Sims franchise as a whole, but of course that's never happening because EA sees Sims as one of its principal cash cows, preying on the wallets of teenagers' parents across the globe.

If TS5 is coming, it'll be no different in how they handled TS4, at least marketing-wise. I don't expect quality product out of it either, unless they take a step back to Sims 2/3 levels and just leave TS4 behind.

Honestly it all depends on us as players/costumers. Personally if what happened with TS4 in the beginning, up until now, repeats itself with TS5, I'm not buying it. TS2 and TS3 are great games that I will play as long as my computer supports them. The most recent games may have good visuals, but that's just it, they are just visuals. I want gameplay.

This is another reason why it will never get better. EA has the gimmick down. They get these game changers to hype us up and then we all buy it and then we are complaining about it 2 days later and they still have our money. I have seen people here HATE the game and still buy it to complete a collection. This is LITERALLY the only game I have seen where customers will buy poop on a stick no matter what. I am so mad at myself for paying full price for this expansion. I am one of those customers who just bought poop on a stick. UGH!!! I enjoyed seasons and get famous and I thought they were finally getting expansions back on track so I got caught up in the excitement of it.

Anyway I am not trying to offend anyone because I feel like I am part of the problem too. My husband loves to say the Sims Game owns you. The game is in its current state because we keep buying it even if it is bad. Someone mentioned...I think @Cinebar somewhere stating they have made a billion already. This is the game they produce for us and they are making a billion. Where is this money going?? Free trips to LA for gamechangers?? Recovering other failed EA games like Andromeda or Anthem?? Nothing is going to change until we stop buying the garbage packs and I don't see that happening so I am wishing for the franchise to end as @paradiseplanet stated.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sims 4 really lacks surprises, that change up your story! Just look, this can randomly happen in Sims 2!

a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited July 2019
    keekee53 wrote: »

Honestly it all depends on us as players/costumers. Personally if what happened with TS4 in the beginning, up until now, repeats itself with TS5, I'm not buying it. TS2 and TS3 are great games that I will play as long as my computer supports them. The most recent games may have good visuals, but that's just it, they are just visuals. I want gameplay.

This is another reason why it will never get better. EA has the gimmick down. They get these game changers to hype us up and then we all buy it and then we are complaining about it 2 days later and they still have our money. I have seen people here HATE the game and still buy it to complete a collection. This is LITERALLY the only game I have seen where customers will buy poop on a stick no matter what. I am so mad at myself for paying full price for this expansion. I am one of those customers who just bought poop on a stick. UGH!!! I enjoyed seasons and get famous and I thought they were finally getting expansions back on track so I got caught up in the excitement of it.

Anyway I am not trying to offend anyone because I feel like I am part of the problem too. My husband loves to say the Sims Game owns you. The game is in its current state because we keep buying it even if it is bad. Someone mentioned...I think @Cinebar somewhere stating they have made a billion already. This is the game they produce for us and they are making a billion. Where is this money going?? Free trips to LA for gamechangers?? Recovering other failed EA games like Andromeda or Anthem?? Nothing is going to change until we stop buying the garbage packs and I don't see that happening so I am wishing for the franchise to end as @paradiseplanet stated.

Sims 1 2 and 3 I bought everything! Sims 4, I only bought the base game. That's all it took to tell me it wasn't going to be something I would like.

• Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    triniway wrote: »
    Am I the only delusional person here that reeeeally doesn't want a TS5 to be released?
    Basically what I'm trying to say:
    This game is on a platform. Even if it's not an open world game, its still online. It can still take updates and changes in the game through there. SO, whould it be THAT bad if everything was pushed through update patches from now on? Just as they took back some or brought back other features.

And yes, ok, I don't really want to face another series of expansions in a different title. I enjoy playing TS, I just want to see a compromise made for us who have invested for their gameplay so we don't "have to" buy everything from scratch again.
    I know this isn't how companies work, but I know that whatever the reason, a budget is a budget and every company should address their players regardless of budget.

The problem is that a game lives or dies by its foundations, if the foundation is badly made it will limit what you can add to it... Such is the case of TS4. Its foundation was made too rigidly, and they seem either unwilling or unable to add in the necessary parts to bring it closer to its predecessors in terms of gameplay.

To date, I have 'rarely' seen a company willing to rewrite the foundation of a game and if they try to add the various gameplay systems to actually improve the Sims in TS4 it'd probably cause critical errors in the game, rendering it unusable.

Also, what incentive do they have to fix it? None. They never fixed Sims 3, went on to Sims 4 and didn't bat an eye.
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    @Charlotta11 yes, I do understand. Some people just play one kind of game, and there are no competitors to the sims.

The sad thing is the new trend of Games as a service:

Adam: Would you buy a car in the state/condition most games are shipped in?
    I wouldn’t.

Sören: But they'll put the tires on sometime within the next 4 years

Pelle: Make sure to buy the Engine dlc

This is such a perfect analogy.
  • Options
    Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member
    Sims 4 is the only iteration of this series I have every played, so I din't understand all the initial fuss about the game pre-release and just after. I didn't play it much to be honest like two or three times a year for a week or so each time. It never held my interest for long. After really looking at it I understood why. It's superficial. Everything looks good, but therein lies the problem.

EA have no integrity. They are well know for ruining franchises and having cr*ppy business practices. I don't give a d*mn what they do with Sims5 or whether it comes out, I will not be buying it.
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited July 2019
    keekee53 wrote: »

Thats what I wanted to say when I wrote about "divorce" with this franchise. Thats why I need competition! I need to fullfeel my needs as a fan of the genre! Look at SimCity. Yes it died but its still alive in the community. I still love SimCity 4 and SimCity 3000 so badly, but Im also happy spending my money in Cities Skylines and all the dlcs for it. Theres no more problems inside the fan base. Everyone is happy playing their favourite versions.

And i know this is kinda repetitive but The Sims 4 is exactly like SimCity (2013). Beautiful graphics are the priority! I admit the only thing I really missed about SimCity (2013) was the graphis, the way buildings light at night were beautiful and windows kinda look real! Not even Cities Skylines can do that but its by far better than SimCity. When I pay for this expensive games full of dlc packs I pay for entertainement and gameplay! I pay for challenge and not to take nice pictures! In the end its a GAME! Simulators are kinda manipulated in 1000 different ways depending on the players but still a GAME and games should provide depth! Specially with this prices and with past interactions being 100 times better!
    But unlike SimCity and almost after 20 years of existence, The Sims still unique and I just wish to another 🐸🐸🐸🐸 company will have the courage to make a competitor!
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Sims 4 really lacks surprises, that change up your story! Just look, this can randomly happen in Sims 2!

Holy cowplant... I didn't use the wall mounted TV much for my Sims so I never knew that could happen, till now.
    Sims 4 is the only iteration of this series I have every played, so I din't understand all the initial fuss about the game pre-release and just after. I didn't play it much to be honest like two or three times a year for a week or so each time. It never held my interest for long. After really looking at it I understood why. It's superficial. Everything looks good, but therein lies the problem.

EA have no integrity. They are well know for ruining franchises and having cr*ppy business practices. I don't give a d*mn what they do with Sims5 or whether it comes out, I will not be buying it.

If 4 is all you have tried, you've seriously been missing out!!!

Try TS1 for challenge (seriously that makes even TS2 look like a walk in the park), Try TS2 for the best overall experience (graphics for both 1 & 2 are understandably dated looking, but in terms of playability they slam 3 & 4 out of the running entirely), TS2 has the most 'realistic' Sims, they can remember things, have wants and fears, they have chemistry and interests... Personality wise, TS2 Sims are the most intricate, Try 3 if you like to build and create towns and worlds to whatever style you prefer (the Sims themselves are rather wooden in behaviour, and two sims can remain strangers throughout their entire lives even if living in the same house, but the playability still lasts more than 4).

raw
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I think newer players getting into or at least reading about the older games will help to understand the frustration of us players who player the previous games. In one of my earlier posts I had planned to say something but cut it out at the last minute to make a shorter post but I think it applies here:

You can go around the forums and read or ask what players of 1, 2 and 3 think are the best features the game provides. Even if you never experienced it for yourself for whatever reason and just imagine a well functioning Sims game that does not just the best from all 3 games but even other things that few or none of us thought about before and it does it better. Then ask why we wouldn't or shouldn't expect even close to that of a game they decided to tack the number 4 on the end of. Then follow that up by repeating the imagining process with all 4 games and ask yourself why we wouldn't or shouldn't expect even close to that of a game they're likely going to tack a 5 on the end of.

Though honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to "reboot" the series and call it The Sims as an excuse to reason how we shouldn't have any expectations while still using The Sims 1-4 to try to reel us in. No changing of their ways. Just a "new" game with the same treatment.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I think newer players getting into or at least reading about the older games will help to understand the frustration of us players who player the previous games. In one of my earlier posts I had planned to say something but cut it out at the last minute to make a shorter post but I think it applies here:

You can go around the forums and read or ask what players of 1, 2 and 3 think are the best features the game provides. Even if you never experienced it for yourself for whatever reason and just imagine a well functioning Sims game that does not just the best from all 3 games but even other things that few or none of us thought about before and it does it better. Then ask why we wouldn't or shouldn't expect even close to that of a game they decided to tack the number 4 on the end of. Then follow that up by repeating the imagining process with all 4 games and ask yourself why we wouldn't or shouldn't expect even close to that of a game they're likely going to tack a 5 on the end of.

Though honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to "reboot" the series and call it The Sims as an excuse to reason how we shouldn't have any expectations while still using The Sims 1-4 to try to reel us in. No changing of their ways. Just a "new" game with the same treatment.

Didn't they kind of do that with TS4 though?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Patrick Kelly was one of the UI Designers who worked on The Sims Olympus back when it was still in development and he took part in several interviews, including one over on Mod The Sims with the community I believe (it's very difficult to find things pertaining to him as most of his information has been scrubbed from the web, such as portfolios and business related accounts) but he shared several things during these interviews that are still around. In his own words:

abjes6.png

Honeywell's Sims 4 News Blog also documented an email that he shared with a community member. The quality is terrible as the higher resolution version is gone, but I'll include it anyway and then a transcript of the interesting segments.

i3s2ol.jpg

From what I've been told, the game is a mess, the studio is a mess, and people are so frustrated they are about to revolt. Making games isn't as glamorous as people think, in fact its pretty cut-throat, but the current generation of Sims designers are taking it to another level.

The most obvious clue that they are scrambling now is the inexplicably boring Sims 4 logo, which looks like it was created in under a minute and designed by a committee of clueless producers.

But believe me if EA could keep this stuff under-wraps, they would. There's some reason they're letting this stuff out now, probably to distance themselves for a design they wasted 3 years developing but no one really liked.

When you get former staff members saying things like this it isn't exactly a pretty picture. He did however say over in the Mod The Sims Q&A that he enjoyed working for the company and that there's a lot of great people there.
    For good measure, engineer Gil Colgate confirmed The Sims 4 was definitely an online experience at one stage.

nfr2hk.jpg

The only issue comes from determining when it shifted to offline. Patrick said elsewhere that it was due to the internet requirements reducing the quality of the game and so they dropped the online functionality fairly early on, but a few other employees and PR folks said it was changed in the wake of SimCity's disaster of a launch. It would be far worse in the SimCity case, as that would have left little time to make changes, and the game's engine was changed to accommodate the new look that 4 ended up with.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    edited July 2019
    They got rid of what I loved in the Sims - Sims that looked different (at least it's better than Sims 3 in this aspect) and were differentiated by their wants/fears - THAT was what made me keep playing (and I loved the attraction system too!). I loved how there were some things that were out of our hand. And what did they do? They got rid of whims. What a snoozefest. Might as well just let the game play itself while I go make coffee or watch a movie, because there is just no reason to direct my Sims to do anything anymore.

And aspirations? Doesn't matter, they can all do them all anyway. Now we just have cookie cutter Sims who are all the same (traits really don't seem to matter much, especially with the whims gone). Moodlets... that's what the game is focusing on, and really, WHO CARES ABOUT MOODLETS. They make no difference, and they're super easy to override with objects.

I'm just so disappointed in the direction the game took.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Is the world in the pack better than any other world of this type in any other game, seriously? No, because of limited space for lots. You can't say a nice world (might be pretty) is better than a world that is pretty and allows over a hundred lots. That's just not logical. So, no, it's not better than anything that has ever come before.

People keep going on and on about how pretty the new world is and everyone is posting tonnes of screenshots, but a pretty sunset isn't exactly gameplay is it? People get so hung up on visuals.

The amount of players giving the developers a free pass for laziness this time around is astonishing. Someone over on another thread here pointed out that Jungle Adventure came with more content and that was a Game Pack. It's blatant that they're selling Island Living at Expansion Pack price when it's no such thing.

The series feels so hollow in this iteration, like there's nothing at its core. The emotions system is completely backwards, traits are almost entirely pointless in a lot of cases (again, the emotional traits in particular are practically worthless when changing emotions is so easy) and the spark that 2 and 3 had is gone. I could play the earlier iterations with a sense that something unexpected might happen, positive or negative, that would change up what I was doing, but every time I start up 4 I know exactly what to expect.

At this point I don't understand why people still defend it, considering we're years in now.

agreed
    and the packs are only going to get smaller.
    simmers are only telling them its OK to be lazy, which could hurt the next pack and the next, etc etc etc
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    As far as this new EP is concerned someone stated the waterfall interactions/animations are the same as the fountain animations. Is that true? And I could have sworn I saw the same animation from the Science career on a Sim with a beaker (making a drink?) in this EP. Are there other examples in this EP of reusing the same animations some are mentioning of having to pay twice for the same animations? Or what they call recycled animations? If true, why do we pay $40 for recycled, reused animations. (rhetorical)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    All games re-use animations - it is part of making games.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    As far as this new EP is concerned someone stated the waterfall interactions/animations are the same as the fountain animations. Is that true? And I could have sworn I saw the same animation from the Science career on a Sim with a beaker (making a drink?) in this EP. Are there other examples in this EP of reusing the same animations some are mentioning of having to pay twice for the same animations? Or what they call recycled animations? If true, why do we pay $40 for recycled, reused animations. (rhetorical)

Toddle playing in the ocean is the same animation as their bath animation - right down to the rubber duck.
    Not sure about the fountain I would have to check.
    The ask about mermaid is the same animation as another. So many of the social animations in general recycle. Newsflash EA: re using an animation but calling it a different name does not make it new!
    Sims 4 has always been huge on recycling animations. This isn’t the first and won’t be the last. I’m not saying that this is okay btw.
  • Options
    SpecialKHSpecialKH Posts: 36 Member
    > @FreezerBunnyCowplant said:
    > Pegasys wrote: »
    >
    > With anticipation and delight I returned to play Sims 4 with Island Living. Only to find myself bored after one or two days playing. This shouldn't happen with an expansion.
    >
    > So, I decided to go back to play Sims 2. (I thought I couldn't go back to play that game, but I was wrong.) Maybe it was a mistake, because the gameplay in Sims 2 is SO GOOD. It is challenging, and there are numerous surprises (both negative and positive).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think I just realized why Sims 4 isn‘t as good as the previous games.
    > There isn‘t challenging gameplay, everything comes to you easily.
    > Also there will be no surprises, nothing that changes up your story. For example a burglar breaking in or meteor/ satellite deaths.
    > Everything is planned, like earthquakes only happen on a lot with the lot trait, why would I select something negative? Why can’t it happen at random without the lot trait? Would be much more fun IF it happens

Same with bugs - why choose creepy crawlies for a lot trait? It's more fun for them to show up when the place is dirty.
    I'm GND968 in the Gallery.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    SpecialKH wrote: »
    > @FreezerBunnyCowplant said:
    > Pegasys wrote: »
    >
    > With anticipation and delight I returned to play Sims 4 with Island Living. Only to find myself bored after one or two days playing. This shouldn't happen with an expansion.
    >
    > So, I decided to go back to play Sims 2. (I thought I couldn't go back to play that game, but I was wrong.) Maybe it was a mistake, because the gameplay in Sims 2 is SO GOOD. It is challenging, and there are numerous surprises (both negative and positive).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think I just realized why Sims 4 isn‘t as good as the previous games.
    > There isn‘t challenging gameplay, everything comes to you easily.
    > Also there will be no surprises, nothing that changes up your story. For example a burglar breaking in or meteor/ satellite deaths.
    > Everything is planned, like earthquakes only happen on a lot with the lot trait, why would I select something negative? Why can’t it happen at random without the lot trait? Would be much more fun IF it happens

Same with bugs - why choose creepy crawlies for a lot trait? It's more fun for them to show up when the place is dirty.

I imagine the creepy crawlies are lot traits like earthquake and volcano lot is to stop people complaining. If it’s a lot trait it’s a choice. If it was mandatory or happened through events in game like roaches in the sims 1 & 2, some people would complain.
    Although I find them all quite disappointing. The volcano lot trait if anything gives you an advantage as you get elements in the lava rocks, there is no danger. The other two lot traits just give your sims a tense moodlet. There’s no consequence. It’s a gimmick at best.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited July 2019
    Felicity wrote: »
    @JoAnne65

So with that in mind how does a multiplayer online Sims game work when everyone is going to want things their way? If there's one thing we can all agree on it's that we want the options to play our way. We want control. If Atlas is the way things go, how will players used to controlling how things go feel when nothing but their sim is in their full control? Think about that. You can't makeover the ugly townie because that's someone else's sim. You can't see a house that would be perfect for your sim and simply boot the current sim out, that's someone else's sim and house. You can't randomly decided you're going to advance your story because you've found a sim you think is perfect for your sim as a best friend or partner and use cheats to improve the relationship because that's someone else's sim. How are the basics of our gameplay and of the game in general going to go in a game where everyone plays with everyone else?

I would like this but you have to take into consideration I am more of a MMO person who enjoys playing with other people. I have a boyfriend and some other friends I would love to be able to play this with together, not separate. Yes you have to consider others when you play an MMO but I know that there is also housing in MMO's. I play SWTOR and I have all the strongholds (their version of housing) and no one comes in and redoes your stronghold but you have to purchase them. How this would work in a game like sims would remain to be seen but for me I would like to see it as it is more fun to play with friends than by yourself.

The Sims Online was a complete disaster and among other things, appealed to predators. Look up some of the controversies. It also had very, well, gamey aspects that were decidedly unfun grinds. If the Sims 5 is on line, I can just about guarantee you you will not have MMO style chat because there's no way that EA wants that to happen again. Also, if the Sims 5 is online, be prepared for micro transaction, well, abundance. EA adores "surprise mechanics" (loot boxes).

The first sims online was enough to put me off of online Sims gameplay. And I have a feeling the next one would be worse.

I doubt EA will do the loot box again. They tried that with Anthem and it was a disaster so EA doing that again don't think so. I have played MMO for years now (started with SWG and now SWTOR) and all MMO's have grinds no matter what. I keep hearing about story progression here, what story progression? We have more of a story progression on SWTOR than you do here. I have played for two or three years and yet there is no story progression like I am used to. I can go months without playing Sims because I get bored without having my friends to play with. Maybe that's me but I enjoy playing with others. Sure there will always be plum but I have learned to ignore them and go on with my game. We have companions on SWTOR but really I don't consider NPC (computerized people) that exciting as I do when I play with real people.

They still have loot boxes in their games -- check out their sports games some time. Anthem was a disaster because it was an awful game, not because of loot boxes, though the micro transactions didn't help them. I didn't say anything about story progression, but honestly, Sims Online was a study in complete grossness. Look into it, seriously. I think it was on par with Second Life, but at least Second Life doesn't market to children/teens.

Edit: I used to play MMOs but quit and I agree that you're right, all MMOs are grindy. It's a big part of the reason I personally wouldn't play a Sims MMO or any other.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

What the....???? Hell it's been so many years....that has never happened to me in TS2 xD Nor did I even know that was possible! See more than 10 years and I'm still finding new things about TS2 and TS3. The same cannot be said about TS4 unfortunately. You'd think having loading screens and world limitations (since we can't change worlds, add lots etc) would allow them to put more depth into TS4, at least I expected that but no. There are a lot of improvements made in TS4, but in general it lacks depth. There are only a few handful of packs that I would say were well done. Furthermore, I think the Base Game itself lacks a level of depth that it shouldn't.

Hell, I just realised today that sims in TS4 don't care about spoiled food in their inventory.....why? Nor do they care if a room is dark. These are such basic things....

In TS3 if your sim showers in a room without any light they get random clothes and crazy hair, because they literally dressed in he dark. Not much thought is being given to the actual gameplay of TS4 when it comes to making it feel like an actual lifesimmulator.
    .... wut? *runs to pc to try* :D
    Evil_One wrote: »

Holy cowplant... I didn't use the wall mounted TV much for my Sims so I never knew that could happen, till now.

If 4 is all you have tried, you've seriously been missing out!!!

Try TS1 for challenge (seriously that makes even TS2 look like a walk in the park), Try TS2 for the best overall experience (graphics for both 1 & 2 are understandably dated looking, but in terms of playability they slam 3 & 4 out of the running entirely), TS2 has the most 'realistic' Sims, they can remember things, have wants and fears, they have chemistry and interests... Personality wise, TS2 Sims are the most intricate, Try 3 if you like to build and create towns and worlds to whatever style you prefer (the Sims themselves are rather wooden in behaviour, and two sims can remain strangers throughout their entire lives even if living in the same house, but the playability still lasts more than 4).
    Challenge accepted B)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    iNikkiBeariNikkiBear Posts: 25 Member
    I personally agree and disagree at the same time. My favorite game is the Sims 2, just because of the depth and surprises that came out of the game play! Sims 4 is my second favorite. I think every edition of the game has added something different. I personally bought the S4 after they added pools and toddlers. Still seem ridiculous saying that they released the game like that. Sims 2 realllly focused on game play. S3 no loading screen was TOPS but I hated the CAS- my sims always looked kinda of chunky in the face not matter how much CC I put on them lol. S4, the CAS is unmatched- but I think they are really lacking in gameplay. Don't get me wrong the emotions thing really grabbed my attention- but it is soooo easy to alter them. Drink a tea, get inspired. Take a shower, now I'm flirty. Just doesn't seem realistic IMO.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top