October 18, correction: 11AM PDT - Join us for a Guru Garage! Details here.
October 11 - It's Friday, and that means Friday Highlight is here! Check it out!
October 10 - A new The Sims 4 update is ready for you on Xbox One and PlayStation 4! Details here

June Patch Speculation Thread 2019 (Coming June 18th Today Now Out)

Comments

  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 18,162 Member
    We all know we have a Big Pre EP Patch coming in Late June so it's time to start speculating.

    Confirmed to be coming so far

    350 color swatches base game only (Doors Only)


    Update June 15th

    Teen Part Time Jobs that Adults can now do

    Lounge Chairs

    Fix to fan to make blades go in opposite direction and possibly cool sims

    32 bit legacy update postponed

    Off The Grid Lot Trait

    Clothing Optional Lot Trait

    Fishing Overhaul

    Ceiling Decor Catagory

    Trait Randomizer

    LBGT Stuff

    Possibly being added to base game for pools
    Kiss In Water Interaction

    There's going to be a fishing overhaul? What are the changes?
    vvT0gUf.jpg?1
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 845 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    We all know we have a Big Pre EP Patch coming in Late June so it's time to start speculating.

    Confirmed to be coming so far

    350 color swatches base game only (Doors Only)


    Update June 15th

    Teen Part Time Jobs that Adults can now do

    Lounge Chairs

    Fix to fan to make blades go in opposite direction and possibly cool sims

    32 bit legacy update postponed

    Off The Grid Lot Trait

    Clothing Optional Lot Trait

    Fishing Overhaul

    Ceiling Decor Catagory

    Trait Randomizer

    LBGT Stuff

    Possibly being added to base game for pools
    Kiss In Water Interaction

    There's going to be a fishing overhaul? What are the changes?
    That is question, I don’t think there’s much info on what the changes are yet
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 84,895 Member
    Nindl wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the patches always drop at a certain time and if yes when?
    12pm EST

    Normally it's 1pm Eastern.

  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 16,316 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    We all know we have a Big Pre EP Patch coming in Late June so it's time to start speculating.

    Confirmed to be coming so far

    350 color swatches base game only (Doors Only)


    Update June 15th

    Teen Part Time Jobs that Adults can now do

    Lounge Chairs

    Fix to fan to make blades go in opposite direction and possibly cool sims

    32 bit legacy update postponed

    Off The Grid Lot Trait

    Clothing Optional Lot Trait

    Fishing Overhaul

    Ceiling Decor Catagory

    Trait Randomizer

    LBGT Stuff

    Possibly being added to base game for pools
    Kiss In Water Interaction

    There's going to be a fishing overhaul? What are the changes?

    I think it was mentioned somewhere that they added more fishing spots in the other worlds
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

    Wishlist:
    BG: - Ponds - Vehicles - Body hair - Burglars - Ceilings
    DLC: - Hotels - Farming - Bands - Spiral Staircases
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 74 Member
    edited June 18
    Do we know if an adult Sim can hold a part time job AND a full time job if they do not conflict? IIRC, there are a number of base game part time jobs that are JUST on weekdays and at least one part time job thats only on weekends. Fairly sure there are plenty of options to not have them conflict. Also, the freelance career is completely work from home so no matter what, you will not need to have a set schedule. There's also work from home jobs, but they have a schedule even if you stay home that day. I feel like being a freelancer with a part time job is realistic, as is having a lower-level full time job and part time job
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 6,262 Member
    no patch in my case
    http://friendlysimmers.forumotion.ca/

    http://delightfulsims.net/index.php

    Please note that forums are in maitnance mode



    Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

    1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 16,316 Member
    jacechu wrote: »
    Do we know if an adult Sim can hold a part time job AND a full time job if they do not conflict? IIRC, there are a number of base game part time jobs that are JUST on weekdays and at least one part time job thats only on weekends. Fairly sure there are plenty of options to not have them conflict. Also, the freelance career is completely work from home so no matter what, you will not need to have a set schedule. There's also work from home jobs, but they have a schedule even if you stay home that day. I feel like being a freelancer with a part time job is realistic, as is having a lower-level full time job and part time job

    I feel like this is difficult to arrange, because the hours for full time jobs are volatile. If your sim gets promoted in the full time job and their new hours conflict with their part-time job, you'd be forced to choose
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

    Wishlist:
    BG: - Ponds - Vehicles - Body hair - Burglars - Ceilings
    DLC: - Hotels - Farming - Bands - Spiral Staircases
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 74 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    jacechu wrote: »
    Do we know if an adult Sim can hold a part time job AND a full time job if they do not conflict? IIRC, there are a number of base game part time jobs that are JUST on weekdays and at least one part time job thats only on weekends. Fairly sure there are plenty of options to not have them conflict. Also, the freelance career is completely work from home so no matter what, you will not need to have a set schedule. There's also work from home jobs, but they have a schedule even if you stay home that day. I feel like being a freelancer with a part time job is realistic, as is having a lower-level full time job and part time job

    I feel like this is difficult to arrange, because the hours for full time jobs are volatile. If your sim gets promoted in the full time job and their new hours conflict with their part-time job, you'd be forced to choose

    Fair point. But that too is fairly realistic. I mean, most of the reason people would work 2 jobs is money. So with a promotion and/or raise, a person may choose to quit that part time job because the promotion/raise (along with any other perks that comes with) has helped.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 16,316 Member
    jacechu wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    jacechu wrote: »
    Do we know if an adult Sim can hold a part time job AND a full time job if they do not conflict? IIRC, there are a number of base game part time jobs that are JUST on weekdays and at least one part time job thats only on weekends. Fairly sure there are plenty of options to not have them conflict. Also, the freelance career is completely work from home so no matter what, you will not need to have a set schedule. There's also work from home jobs, but they have a schedule even if you stay home that day. I feel like being a freelancer with a part time job is realistic, as is having a lower-level full time job and part time job

    I feel like this is difficult to arrange, because the hours for full time jobs are volatile. If your sim gets promoted in the full time job and their new hours conflict with their part-time job, you'd be forced to choose

    Fair point. But that too is fairly realistic. I mean, most of the reason people would work 2 jobs is money. So with a promotion and/or raise, a person may choose to quit that part time job because the promotion/raise (along with any other perks that comes with) has helped.

    Hm, that's true. Maybe if it's not currently possible, they might consider it in the future
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

    Wishlist:
    BG: - Ponds - Vehicles - Body hair - Burglars - Ceilings
    DLC: - Hotels - Farming - Bands - Spiral Staircases
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 84,895 Member
    no patch in my case

    Why do you say that? You have to download this patch if you want to keep playing your game.

  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,121 Member
    no patch in my case

    Why do you say that? You have to download this patch if you want to keep playing your game.

    Not if you’re willing to use Origin’s offline mode. No gallery, but it’s not that bad.
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    no patch in my case

    Why do you say that? You have to download this patch if you want to keep playing your game.

    Not if you’re willing to use Origin’s offline mode. No gallery, but it’s not that bad.

    Yeah, but you can’t get any of the upcoming packs without the patch right?
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 845 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    no patch in my case

    Why do you say that? You have to download this patch if you want to keep playing your game.

    Not if you’re willing to use Origin’s offline mode. No gallery, but it’s not that bad.

    Yeah, but you can’t get any of the upcoming packs without the patch right?
    Nope, it would need to update to the current patch,
    @catloverplayer thanks for the correction, I thought it was earlier.
  • NindlNindl Posts: 469 Member
    Nindl wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the patches always drop at a certain time and if yes when?
    12pm EST

    Normally it's 1pm Eastern.

    Oh okay, thanks for that information!
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 308 Member
    Does anyone know when the patch hits in Europe? Worldwide launch (so 1PM EST = 19:00 CEST) or staggered as with IL?
  • Susim62Susim62 Posts: 167 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    no patch in my case

    Why do you say that? You have to download this patch if you want to keep playing your game.

    Not if you’re willing to use Origin’s offline mode. No gallery, but it’s not that bad.

    I've been playing offline for a couple of months now.
    Just today I deleted my mods and updated to the April patch.
    I do this often, which means I don't get content and bug fixes straight away, but also means I can continue to play with my mods intact, which I prefer.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 1,876 Member
    edited June 18
    Does anyone know when the patch hits in Europe? Worldwide launch (so 1PM EST = 19:00 CEST) or staggered as with IL?

    Should be today 7pm CEST
    565373_e9cb6146983e475e8583c15aa801e540~mv2.jpg
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 3,521 Member
    Just a heads-up for those that play with mods/cc that @luthienrising has started her awesome 'Broken/Updated Mods & CC' thread here for post-patch issues:

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/17117752#Comment_17117752
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 5,545 Member
    no patch in my case

    Why do you say that? You have to download this patch if you want to keep playing your game.

    I might be wrong but I think they mean it isn't there yet. But as you stated, that's because it's too early :D
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 84,895 Member
    Today is patch day.

  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,706 Member
    edited June 18
    Off the Grid trait? Now I know why those useful off the grid objects I have noticed being gradually added in all the packs were for and Island Living has the lot for it too. It'll be useful in Brindleton Bay and Windenburg in those secluded lots and Seasons will help too.

    Thinks.....What if I make Newcrest an apocalypse world with all lots Off the Grid, maybe with bunkers all over.......
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 31,762 Member
    FAQ: culling relationship decay
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,706 Member

    Surprised it wasn't in from the beginning. Not enough Lesbian programmers team? I have no idea what most of the flags relate to other than the rainbow one and one looking like a uk Suffragette one though. How about flags of the world as well?
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 4,233 Member
    So don’t know if anyone revealed this or not but I just found out that the 350 swatches are just for the DOORS! Nothing else...just doors 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ REALLY?!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,121 Member

    Glad to hear! Kinda surprised they actually got the lesbian flags in time since Grant said that it was unlikely that it’d make it in time for the patch.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top