Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation Thread 2019 (Coming June 18th Today Now Out)

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    We all know we have a Big Pre EP Patch coming in Late June so it's time to start speculating.

Confirmed to be coming so far

350 color swatches base game only (Doors Only)

Update June 15th

Teen Part Time Jobs that Adults can now do

Lounge Chairs

Fix to fan to make blades go in opposite direction and possibly cool sims

32 bit legacy update postponed

Off The Grid Lot Trait

Clothing Optional Lot Trait

Fishing Overhaul

Ceiling Decor Catagory

Trait Randomizer

LBGT Stuff

Possibly being added to base game for pools
    Kiss In Water Interaction

There's going to be a fishing overhaul? What are the changes?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    We all know we have a Big Pre EP Patch coming in Late June so it's time to start speculating.

Update June 15th

Lounge Chairs

Off The Grid Lot Trait

Fishing Overhaul

Ceiling Decor Catagory

Trait Randomizer

LBGT Stuff

That is question, I don’t think there’s much info on what the changes are yet
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Nindl wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the patches always drop at a certain time and if yes when?
    12pm EST

Normally it's 1pm Eastern.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Update June 15th

Lounge Chairs

Off The Grid Lot Trait

Fishing Overhaul

Ceiling Decor Catagory

Trait Randomizer

LBGT Stuff

I think it was mentioned somewhere that they added more fishing spots in the other worlds
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    edited June 2019
    Do we know if an adult Sim can hold a part time job AND a full time job if they do not conflict? IIRC, there are a number of base game part time jobs that are JUST on weekdays and at least one part time job thats only on weekends. Fairly sure there are plenty of options to not have them conflict. Also, the freelance career is completely work from home so no matter what, you will not need to have a set schedule. There's also work from home jobs, but they have a schedule even if you stay home that day. I feel like being a freelancer with a part time job is realistic, as is having a lower-level full time job and part time job
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    no patch in my case
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    jacechu wrote: »
    Do we know if an adult Sim can hold a part time job AND a full time job if they do not conflict? IIRC, there are a number of base game part time jobs that are JUST on weekdays and at least one part time job thats only on weekends. Fairly sure there are plenty of options to not have them conflict. Also, the freelance career is completely work from home so no matter what, you will not need to have a set schedule. There's also work from home jobs, but they have a schedule even if you stay home that day. I feel like being a freelancer with a part time job is realistic, as is having a lower-level full time job and part time job

I feel like this is difficult to arrange, because the hours for full time jobs are volatile. If your sim gets promoted in the full time job and their new hours conflict with their part-time job, you'd be forced to choose
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I feel like this is difficult to arrange, because the hours for full time jobs are volatile. If your sim gets promoted in the full time job and their new hours conflict with their part-time job, you'd be forced to choose

Fair point. But that too is fairly realistic. I mean, most of the reason people would work 2 jobs is money. So with a promotion and/or raise, a person may choose to quit that part time job because the promotion/raise (along with any other perks that comes with) has helped.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Fair point. But that too is fairly realistic. I mean, most of the reason people would work 2 jobs is money. So with a promotion and/or raise, a person may choose to quit that part time job because the promotion/raise (along with any other perks that comes with) has helped.

Hm, that's true. Maybe if it's not currently possible, they might consider it in the future

no patch in my case

Why do you say that? You have to download this patch if you want to keep playing your game.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    no patch in my case

Why do you say that? You have to download this patch if you want to keep playing your game.

Not if you’re willing to use Origin’s offline mode. No gallery, but it’s not that bad.
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    no patch in my case

Not if you’re willing to use Origin’s offline mode. No gallery, but it’s not that bad.

Yeah, but you can’t get any of the upcoming packs without the patch right?
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    no patch in my case

Yeah, but you can’t get any of the upcoming packs without the patch right?
    Nope, it would need to update to the current patch,
    @catloverplayer thanks for the correction, I thought it was earlier.
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    Nindl wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the patches always drop at a certain time and if yes when?
    12pm EST

Normally it's 1pm Eastern.

Oh okay, thanks for that information!
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Does anyone know when the patch hits in Europe? Worldwide launch (so 1PM EST = 19:00 CEST) or staggered as with IL?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    no patch in my case

I've been playing offline for a couple of months now.
    Just today I deleted my mods and updated to the April patch.
    I do this often, which means I don't get content and bug fixes straight away, but also means I can continue to play with my mods intact, which I prefer.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2019
    Does anyone know when the patch hits in Europe? Worldwide launch (so 1PM EST = 19:00 CEST) or staggered as with IL?

Should be today 7pm CEST
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Just a heads-up for those that play with mods/cc that @luthienrising has started her awesome 'Broken/Updated Mods & CC' thread here for post-patch issues:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/17117752#Comment_17117752
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    no patch in my case

I might be wrong but I think they mean it isn't there yet. But as you stated, that's because it's too early :D
    Today is patch day.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2019
    Off the Grid trait? Now I know why those useful off the grid objects I have noticed being gradually added in all the packs were for and Island Living has the lot for it too. It'll be useful in Brindleton Bay and Windenburg in those secluded lots and Seasons will help too.

Thinks.....What if I make Newcrest an apocalypse world with all lots Off the Grid, maybe with bunkers all over.......
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member

Surprised it wasn't in from the beginning. Not enough Lesbian programmers team? I have no idea what most of the flags relate to other than the rainbow one and one looking like a uk Suffragette one though. How about flags of the world as well?
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    So don’t know if anyone revealed this or not but I just found out that the 350 swatches are just for the DOORS! Nothing else...just doors 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ REALLY?!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

Glad to hear! Kinda surprised they actually got the lesbian flags in time since Grant said that it was unlikely that it’d make it in time for the patch.