Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly Teasers: Statement from SimGuruKate

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,113 Member
    Interesting. I actually think the GPs offer the best value for money.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm not getting the vibe that they won't be making gamepacks so Idk why people think they're not. Considering game packs did very well. Decent price, offers a lot of gameplay and even a good amount of cas to build/buy items. A good choice for most that don't want to risk it all on a EP you might not like. That or you'll just wait on a sale. What I did with previous iterations as I see some things I could get into, but not enough for me to part with at full price. :)

'They're not off the table' I felt more like I was said since we haven't gotten one in awhile. Figured they just pretty much slowed on on stuff packs. Which is fine last one left much to be desired obviously.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I'm not getting the vibe that they won't be making gamepacks so Idk why people think they're not. Considering game packs did very well. Decent price, offers a lot of gameplay and even a good amount of cas to build/buy items. A good choice for most that don't want to risk it all on a EP you might not like. That or you'll just wait on a sale. What I did with previous iterations as I see some things I could get into, but not enough for me to part with at full price. :)

'They're not off the table' I felt more like I was said since we haven't gotten one in awhile. Figured they just pretty much slowed on on stuff packs. Which is fine last one left much to be desired obviously.

Nothing to do with the thread but did the ''power outage'' appeared in your game @LadyKyn ?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited February 2019

Nothing to do with the thread but did the ''power outage'' appeared in your game @LadyKyn ?

Oh, yes but that's due to a small mod made for seasons where the power will go out if there's a thunderstorm.
    Had some sims uncomfortable because they didn't have anything to do for about five hours with no tech. :D
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Oh, yes but that's due to a small mod made for seasons where the power will go out if there's a thunderstorm.
    Had some sims uncomfortable because they didn't have anything to do for about five hours with no tech. :D

Ok, I thought it was a feature. :smiley:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think it's starting to show that there's a lack of transparency in their communication, because somehow people jumped to the conclusion that GPs are no longer a thing just because Kate said they were "still on the table".

Maybe that's their marketing strategy though? Keep players desperate enough for news that when something trickles out, people will eat it up. Pretty much all the other game companies are open about releases. Even TS2 and TS3 were open about releases, because IIRC, Island Paradise and Into the Future were announced months in advance.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,442 Member
    No more game packs?

You mean the one thing simmers pretty much unanimously agreed were great quality compared to half baked expansion packs? I'm so sick of this.

??? I just reread all the tweets and I didn't see her say we're no longer getting gamepacks. Why are people so quick to jump to conclusions?

The way this is worded implies there are no gamepacks being developed at this time, or for the immediate future. Sure they could make some, but it just seems like expansion packs for now. The stuff pack team was practically disbanded, and Ninja doesn't appear to work on gamepacks anymore either.

3412117dc75c7416f174aa8d8be1527c.png

I think the only thing we can say for sure is that the next release will be another EP, so it's unlikely we'll get anything before April, at least. My only complaint would be that if an EP doesn't interest me, that's a long time without new content of any kind. I had absolutely no interest in GF, and although Seasons did add a lot to my game play, I'm getting rather eager for something new. I'm going to be terribly disappointed if we get another EP that focuses on YAs and adds nothing for family players.

One of the gurus said that a university pack wasn't on the table for near future. Witches seems to be the other popular choice, but an EP would have to be more. I hope it would not be a general supernatural-themed pack. (I don't think of witches as 'supernatural', since they do exist. As long as they include some gameplay for kids and toddlers, I'm all for witches. I do not want werewolves or other supernaturals, especially since they probably wouldn't have toggles.)

My guess, however, is that the next EP will have a futuristic theme, just because that's one that seems to repeat in every Sims game. (Ugh.)

If it's an EP it won't come in April. It will be May or June.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,107 Member
    I think she laid that out pretty well. I just hope we hear some sort of news soon, haven't had anything to be excited about in too long.
  • Options
    I think she laid that out pretty well. I just hope we hear some sort of news soon, haven't had anything to be excited about in too long.

I still think their working on some kind of pack. We'll see.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,412 Member
    Im almost POSITIVE the teasers did tease free content a couple times before, can't check atm though.

I'm frustated with the communication. EA is too tight lipped, they have the reputation of being the worst company in the world, and for good reason. (Although there are companies that definitely deserve it more)

Monster under the bed was teased.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited February 2019
    Well to me she was just trying to be nice to us as usual. But I think they are just working on the next EP, Perhaps Stuff packs would be our free content, then the GP will be included with the EP.

This long period of time for the future of Sims 4 is a bit dishearting to me. The way Kate said it, seems like at least 3 years or more.

So maybe they are working or something bigger than a New Sims 5. On the other hand, if they were going to stop Sims at 4 and they changed their mind so started late on a Sims 5 it could take that long.

Sure we are patient, we have no choice but to wait and see.
    If not for the Maxis Monthly this could be hard to tolerate. So free content would be greatly appreciated. Putting Stuff packs back even better.

This is the reason I rather stay on the forums and not on Twitter, information overload. :|
    A little tease goes a long way. I hope Maxis Monthly do plan to tease.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Im almost POSITIVE the teasers did tease free content a couple times before, can't check atm though.

I'm frustated with the communication. EA is too tight lipped, they have the reputation of being the worst company in the world, and for good reason. (Although there are companies that definitely deserve it more)

The monster under the bed was free content that was teased.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,837 Member
    After getting two EPs in a row and now these tweets, I'm wondering if there is no longer separate teams. Is it all one team now and they work on whatever type of pack they want to release next?
    If this is true, I also wonder if this will slow down the release of content as well.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Anmirla wrote: »
    After getting two EPs in a row and now these tweets, I'm wondering if there is no longer separate teams. Is it all one team now and they work on whatever type of pack they want to release next?
    If this is true, I also wonder if this will slow down the release of content as well.

It seems to me it's one big team now too. They probably work on a variety of content as they go and when certain features are finished they'll pack them together as they see fit and release them as packs.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Anmirla wrote: »

I'm wondering the same.
  • Options

EA/Maxis Fans has been badly addicted to the series of Sims from the start with the release of Sims 1 game. I think it was called Simply (The Sims)
    We use to predict the release of the next pack or even the New Sims series by the existing SIMS series. But now we are just rather clueless.

If we are told 3 more years still and maybe more, Will we truly have to wait until 2023?
    When you are addicted to The Sims series as badly as Simmers are that could seem like a lifetime.

The biggest question of all.
    Is The Sims 5 happening?

Is it confirmed that Sims 5 will even be a thing? If it will be a thing when will simmers find out, soon or nearer to 3 years?

Some Parents want to know if its a girl or boy as soon as they can know. Some other parents do not mind waiting until the day of birth. Is EA/Maxis Expecting a Sims 5? 🤞
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I'm glad that they'll be opening up communication more in different channels. It seems like the two main channels for communication right now are these forums and Twitter, so this is definitely excellent to hear. Does anybody know if there are official SimGuru accounts on Instagram?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,033 Member
    I'm glad that they'll be opening up communication more in different channels. It seems like the two main channels for communication right now are these forums and Twitter, so this is definitely excellent to hear. Does anybody know if there are official SimGuru accounts on Instagram?

Just The Sims for now.
    https://instagram.com/thesims?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=tyb5o3ayp2bj
  • Options

Just The Sims for now.
    https://instagram.com/thesims?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=tyb5o3ayp2bj

Gotcha, thank you.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,460 Member

I'm worried about this tweet. Basically someone is asking 'will we still have SP's' and the answer is 'maybe we will one day make a SP or GP again'
    I feels as if the sims team considers GP's and SP's to be the same while they are in reality to totally different concepts. SP's are just stuff with a nice feature added, while GP's are closer to EP's with real new gameplay. I think the GP's are some of the best packs for the sims 4 and it's sad to hear the sims team doesn't seem to be interested in them any more. Some of the GP's are more important then EP's for my personal gameplay (parenthood, dine out and vacation packs)

I remember people complaining about get famous, calling it a GP which was upgraded to an EP. I didn't believe it ... until I read this tweet. I'm starting to believe that might have actually happened. Because DLC doesn't seem to sell very good compared to EP's. This news supports the theory there will be no more or very few SP's and GP's.

There have been too many SP's in the past, I can understand if there would be fewer SP's. But GP's offered a lot of gameplay, especially parenthood. I will miss them if they stop. With sims 4 EP's offering so little features besides the core theme of an EP, it would be nice to have two GP's instead of one additional EP each year. This way we can have a little more variety of content for a game which still feels as if it is lacking depth and content.

But what is really sad is the question is never answered directly. Why answer with a maybe and not a simple 'no we are not making any at the moment' or 'yes there are a few SP's planned'. That would be a clear message, without room for speculation. I question in the tweet asked for transparency, but that's the one thing I can't find in the answer.

• Options

Atreya33 wrote: »

I'm worried about this tweet. Basically someone is asking 'will we still have SP's' and the answer is 'maybe we will one day make a SP or GP again'
    I feels as if the sims team considers GP's and SP's to be the same while they are in reality to totally different concepts. SP's are just stuff with a nice feature added, while GP's are closer to EP's with real new gameplay. I think the GP's are some of the best packs for the sims 4 and it's sad to hear the sims team doesn't seem to be interested in them any more. Some of the GP's are more important then EP's for my personal gameplay (parenthood, dine out and vacation packs)

I remember people complaining about get famous, calling it a GP which was upgraded to an EP. I didn't believe it ... until I read this tweet. I'm starting to believe that might have actually happened. Because DLC doesn't seem to sell very good compared to EP's. This news supports the theory there will be no more or very few SP's and GP's.

There have been too many SP's in the past, I can understand if there would be fewer SP's. But GP's offered a lot of gameplay, especially parenthood. I will miss them if they stop. With sims 4 EP's offering so little features besides the core theme of an EP, it would be nice to have two GP's instead of one additional EP each year. This way we can have a little more variety of content for a game which still feels as if it is lacking depth and content.

But what is really sad is the question is never answered directly. Why answer with a maybe and not a simple 'no we are not making any at the moment' or 'yes there are a few SP's planned'. That would be a clear message, without room for speculation. I question in the tweet asked for transparency, but that's the one thing I can't find in the answer.

@SimGuruKate can only answer us with the information she is given, If they are not clear on their plans how can she tell us a definite yes or no. I think it could still all be undecided even to the team working on things.
    So maybe they will Make more GP's or maybe even a stuff pack someday again.

Things have changed for us Simmers especially when we get new information on their plans of when we will get something new or what it will be.

It does not seem it will change in the near future, We are not even sure If we will get a Sims 5, But what they seem to be sure about is that they will keep making content for Sims 4 for some years. Most are not even sure about that.

• Options
    It doesn't really surprise me that they like making SPs and GPs since those take less time to make than an EP.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    No more game packs?

You mean the one thing simmers pretty much unanimously agreed were great quality compared to half baked expansion packs? I'm so sick of this.

??? I just reread all the tweets and I didn't see her say we're no longer getting gamepacks. Why are people so quick to jump to conclusions?

The way this is worded implies there are no gamepacks being developed at this time, or for the immediate future. Sure they could make some, but it just seems like expansion packs for now. The stuff pack team was practically disbanded, and Ninja doesn't appear to work on gamepacks anymore either.

3412117dc75c7416f174aa8d8be1527c.png

I think the only thing we can say for sure is that the next release will be another EP, so it's unlikely we'll get anything before April, at least. My only complaint would be that if an EP doesn't interest me, that's a long time without new content of any kind. I had absolutely no interest in GF, and although Seasons did add a lot to my game play, I'm getting rather eager for something new. I'm going to be terribly disappointed if we get another EP that focuses on YAs and adds nothing for family players.

One of the gurus said that a university pack wasn't on the table for near future. Witches seems to be the other popular choice, but an EP would have to be more. I hope it would not be a general supernatural-themed pack. (I don't think of witches as 'supernatural', since they do exist. As long as they include some gameplay for kids and toddlers, I'm all for witches. I do not want werewolves or other supernaturals, especially since they probably wouldn't have toggles.)

My guess, however, is that the next EP will have a futuristic theme, just because that's one that seems to repeat in every Sims game. (Ugh.)

If it's an EP it won't come in April. It will be May or June.

I'm trying to be optimistic. ;)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,460 Member
    edited February 2019
    Stormsview wrote: »

@SimGuruKate can only answer us with the information she is given, If they are not clear on their plans how can she tell us a definite yes or no. I think it could still all be undecided even to the team working on things.
    So maybe they will Make more GP's or maybe even a stuff pack someday again.

Things have changed for us Simmers especially when we get new information on their plans of when we will get something new or what it will be.

It does not seem it will change in the near future, We are not even sure If we will get a Sims 5, But what they seem to be sure about is that they will keep making content for Sims 4 for some years. Most are not even sure about that.

I know they can't tell us. But what's the point of always saying 'maybe' . I don't know who decides what we are allowed to know but an actual answer would be nice, even if it were bad news. Then we would at least know what to expect.
    It's so frustating to not get a real answer. I think it's just as frustating for SimGuruKate to not be able to give proper answer to some questions as it is for us to keep hearing maybe.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I personally would take 2 EP's a year over SP's and GP's. I think we get more content that way.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1