Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please fix "Valley Del Sol" before release!

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
edited October 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I understand that teh world was made smaller for performance reasons and i know that consoles are not as powerful as a PC, but come on...
I understand why Brindleton Bay were smaller than the other towns, and i had no problems with it. You know... Small coastal town would be extremely huge, but an LA inspired world almost the size of Forgotten Hollow? Thats frustrating.
Please, take some time to fix the world, thats the only major complaint over this EP. I am pretty sure that you devs can make other worlds smaller to compensate this one.
Also, i had an idea some time ago that would help to solve this problem. Do you guys remember in Sims 2 were we were able to choose to add or not the sub-neighborhoods, the shopping district, downtonw... etc?! People found ways to mod that to add more neighborhoods, maybe you devs could be inspired by that to add a customizable save file instead of forcing all the worlds at once.
We would start the save by choosing our homeworld, the season and then in hte management tab we could choose to add or remove a new world to the save file. To avoid corruption, when deleting a world from the save, all the citizens would reamin, just deleting the world, then we could manually delete them if we wanted.
That new feature would give you more freedom when designing new worlds, without the frustrating decision to shrink worlds that, like Valley Del Sol, should be bigger (you should also fix the name, its very wrong for a latin-language speaker to not get frustrated by Del Sol Valley, it sounds for me just like Valley Sunset Of would be for english speakers).
Thanks for your attention, and i hope you guys take my idea in consideration.

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    there's no time to fix it-it's less then a month before its release
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I understand that teh world was made smaller for performance reasons and i know that consoles are not as powerful as a PC, but come on...
    I understand why Brindleton Bay were smaller than the other towns, and i had no problems with it. You know... Small coastal town would be extremely huge, but an LA inspired world almost the size of Forgotten Hollow? Thats frustrating.
    Please, take some time to fix the world, thats the only major complaint over this EP. I am pretty sure that you devs can make other worlds smaller to compensate this one.
    Also, i had an idea some time ago that would help to solve this problem. Do you guys remember in Sims 2 were we were able to choose to add or not the sub-neighborhoods, the shopping district, downtonw... etc?! People found ways to mod that to add more neighborhoods, maybe you devs could be inspired by that to add a customizable save file instead of forcing all the worlds at once.
    We would start the save by choosing our homeworld, the season and then in hte management tab we could choose to add or remove a new world to the save file. To avoid corruption, when deleting a world from the save, all the citizens would reamin, just deleting the world, then we could manually delete them if we wanted.
    That new feature would give you more freedom when designing new worlds, without the frustrating decision to shrink worlds that, like Valley Del Sol, should be bigger (you should also fix the name, its very wrong for a latin-language speaker to not get frustrated by Del Sol Valley, it sounds for me just like Valley Sunset Of would be for english speakers).

Where are you from ? I'm from France, it sounds a bit weird to me too, as we'd say it the same way as in Spanish. But in English I think it would sound weird to say Valley Del Sol. Like if you said "Valley Sunset". And the game is American.
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    there's no time to fix it-it's less then a month before its release

Knowing that this is an EA product, I do not see them delaying the release. Even if its for the best.
    I dont know. Maybe designing everything from the zero would be impossible, but thats not what i am asking, it looks good already, but it looks small. i don't know how hard would be to delete some fake-decor houses to add buyable lots and they would need a new "fake 2d map", but i would wait for an update to fix the map view... Like, leave it blank for a while until they designed a new 2d map.
    Otherwise, i hope they take in cosideration my idea of freedom when choosing which worlds we want, etc...
    I imagine a Create a World tool would made much use of this ability.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited October 2018
    Don't worry, with all the outrage over the size of the new world, they might release another free world or make the next pack-world bigger than this to compensate for it. It has been like this in the past - people complain loudly, they will fix it in some way or another.

Now that you said they should change the name to Valley Del Sol...I remember wanting the ability to edit world names since City Living came out, as I didn't like the name "San Myshuno" either and would have liked to rename the world. I mean, I just recently discovered that you can edit the world descriptions, so why not the names as well?
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member

When I saw this before I opened it I thought you meant the glitches that were discovered at Sims Camp. One of which is the camera is broken at the Penticles. It keeps jerking up. Several Sim Campers have confirmed this and some of the houses are missing toilets in the bathroom. Now these are what I want to be fixed before the EP releases.

The size of the city won't be fixed as it would delay the game release if it was and we don't want that.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Don't worry, with all the outrage over the size of the new world, they might release another free world or make the next pack-world bigger than this to compensate for it. It has been like this in the past - people complain loudly, they will fix it in some way or another.

Now that you said they should change the name to Valley Del Sol...I remember wanting the ability to edit world names since City Living came out, as I didn't like the name "San Myshuno" either and would have liked to rename the world. I mean, I just recently discovered that you can edit the world descriptions, so why not the names as well?

I have always gotten confuse with that haha maybe they add this in the future, for us to edit the name

When I saw this before I opened it I thought you meant the glitches that were discovered at Sims Camp. One of which is the camera is broken at the Penticles. It keeps jerking up. Several Sim Campers have confirmed this and some of the houses are missing toilets in the bathroom. Now these are what I want to be fixed before the EP releases.

The size of the city won't be fixed as it would delay the game release if it was and we don't want that.

hm, but those glitches are probable cuz they were not playing a final version of Get Famous. @catloverplayer
    And, to be honest? I know that some people would be, but i wouldnt be bothered if they delayed the game a little bit to fix that world. I mean... Yes @Huiiie_07 they can add another free/empty world in the future, but i dont want another ugly/basic Newcrest. I mean, i like Newcrest, but i really wanted Del Sol Valley to be big, i love all of the backgrounds and how cute the neighborhoods look, but they are dissapointing.
    Many succesful game developers have already stated that delaying a game should not be seen as a bad behaviour... Sims 4 wasnt delayed, actually it was rushed and we had many problems in its release!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,245 Member
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don't see any issues to fix.

Just their point of view is different than yours.

We see a lot of issues.

Just your point of view is different than ours.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    They won't fix it because they wanted the new world to be small.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    @Jordan061102

At the end it's still the same : Maxis will never "fix" it.

Their TODO list is already full of real issues. And I don't count the upcoming Terrain tool issues.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    "a delayed game is eventually good but a rushed game is forever bad" - Miyamoto, Shigeru.

@paradiseplanet @LeGardePourpre They wanted the game not to have toddlers, not to have cars, not to have pools, not to have pet houses... That doesnt mean anything if we're not happy about it and make noise. They produce the game, we give them money to do that, without our money there is no game and no job. I mean... I know that it is impossible to add everything everyone wants in the game, but they should use common sense while developing this game. Pools have been in Sims 1/2 and 3 base games, thats common sense. World-inspired large cities have always been larger than regular worlds in previous games, thats common sense.
    I understand that a console cant handle as much worlds as a PC game can, but that doesnt mean they should lower the level of the game to fit the console. Thats a huge issue just like turning The Sims into an online game was before. Have you imagined what would happen if they decide to port the game for mobile? How bad the game would be treated not to get heavy on a regular smartphone affecting our PC version?!
    And, no. I am not saying they should port The Sims to consoles, i know that many gamres who have purchased consoles dont buy PC, or a PC version of The Sims if they already have it in consoles, but they can come up with smarter solutions to their problems. They could have thought about adding a "add and remove worlds" option instead of affecting the size of the worlds. Imagine how crazy the game would get if they did add a CAW tool if we are not able to manage which worlds we want or not.
    Usually i buy Sims 4 packs on release if i think it deserves my money to show appreciation to the producers work. One of the things i most love about new packs are the new worlds. I understood why seasons didnt had a world and i respected that, i bought that in its release. I am going to buy Get Famous on its release only if they fix the world, it makes the pack look like a GP. I will not avoid buying the game, i will buy it with the best discount I get in the future, and such thing does not value the work of Maxis. Even thoughI have severe anxiety I would rather wait if they delayed the pack if it meant having the expansion at the level that deserves my money in its entirety.
    My money deserves to be valued as much as the work of the producers.

About the TODO list for "real issues". If the world size is not an issue to you, it doesnt mean its not an issue to me. The fact that they are slow than they should be at fixing bugs/glitches and stuff like that comes from EA not giving The Sims a budget and a bigger size of production team that the game deserves. I think it even needs more producers than aany Sims game had, it has a lot of issues, lacks a lot of content that should have been in the game from start and many other things. Dont rain on my parade, i love and care for this game just like you. Dont act like if i didnt had bugs or glitches before, asking one thing (which should be a priority before the pack release instead of after) doesnt exclude the fact that i want them to fix the "rotten piles of leaves" for example.

(I should also point that i dont wnat them to rush adding the "add and remove worlds" option NOW, thats probably really hard to code. I want them to fix the world. Maybe its size will lag the game for now in some computers, but once they add that "add and remove worlds" option this problem will be fixed!).
  • Options
    I don't think any matter of shouting, kicking, screaming, and any amount of noise produced against the devs will budge them with this one. How likely do you think they'd be inclined to edit a whole world and try to shove more lots in there? I really don't think it's as easy if the world isn't designed to fit anymore. However, this world CAN fit more lots within the same neighborhood areas, and as much as I absolutely NEED more lots in this world, I don't believe that they will truly budge on editing DSV to have more. I will simply toss this world in the forgotten bin and move on to the other aspects this EP will bring.

I used to think it seemed like a glorified GP too, then I started reading more into what's coming, and now I see why they decided to price this as an EP. The new systems, however amount of reusing that may have been done, was reworked in new, unique ways, yet unseen in TS4. If it works properly, it may well be the sole reason why the EP price was needed.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    They wanted the game not to have toddlers, not to have cars, not to have pools, not to have pet houses... That doesnt mean anything if we're not happy about it and make noise.

Totally wrong ! They always planned to do them later no matter the noise made by the community.

Just they need time and money to develop these features.

But they don't want to do Open World, Create-A-Style, ... no matter the noise made by the community.

About the TODO list for "real issues". If the world size is not an issue to you, it doesnt mean its not an issue to me.

"Real issues" I meant these annoying bugs which broke the gameplay.

Maybe its size will lag the game for now in some computers, but once they add that "add and remove worlds" option this problem will be fixed!).

I really hope they will allow us to add/remove worlds (presets ?).
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    They wanted the game not to have toddlers, not to have cars, not to have pools, not to have pet houses... That doesnt mean anything if we're not happy about it and make noise.

Totally wrong ! They always planned to do them later no matter the noise made by the community.

Just they need time and money to develop these features.

But they don't want to do Open World, Create-A-Style, ... no matter the noise made by the community.

About the TODO list for "real issues". If the world size is not an issue to you, it doesnt mean its not an issue to me.

"Real issues" I meant these annoying bugs which broke the gameplay.

Maybe its size will lag the game for now in some computers, but once they add that "add and remove worlds" option this problem will be fixed!).

I really hope they will allow us to add/remove worlds (presets ?).

They want to do Open World and Create-A-Styles, you can see by how some gurus respond to tweets about that, but htye CANT. This is a type of coding that should have been since the game released, thus making impossible to add in a update. (And if i remember well, they had said that they were not going to add toddlers NEVER, but everyone was so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that they decided to do it!).
    I also hope to see this feature and many more others!
  • Options
    I don't think any matter of shouting, kicking, screaming, and any amount of noise produced against the devs will budge them with this one. How likely do you think they'd be inclined to edit a whole world and try to shove more lots in there? I really don't think it's as easy if the world isn't designed to fit anymore. However, this world CAN fit more lots within the same neighborhood areas, and as much as I absolutely NEED more lots in this world, I don't believe that they will truly budge on editing DSV to have more. I will simply toss this world in the forgotten bin and move on to the other aspects this EP will bring.

I used to think it seemed like a glorified GP too, then I started reading more into what's coming, and now I see why they decided to price this as an EP. The new systems, however amount of reusing that may have been done, was reworked in new, unique ways, yet unseen in TS4. If it works properly, it may well be the sole reason why the EP price was needed.

Yes, i can see why this is a EP (its full of details) but they made it look so much like a GP that it can annoy some people. And, as you said, just like Magnolia Promenade and Forgotten Hollow (as much as i love it, i have noticed that i dont play very often in this world just because its small) i will probably play in DSV in the beginning but then, i will forget about it! Not sure if they are able to see these player data like they can see how many sims were created and other stuff like that, but if the players are not going to use something, why bother then?!
  • Options
    I don't see any issues to fix.

Just their point of view is different than yours.

For one the camera at the pinnticles needs to be fixed. Several Gamechangers have mentioned this issue and showed it were the camera continuelly pans and jumps up to the sky.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hope they give the houses a little makeover, especially the 64x64 lot at The Pinnacles, where the pathway is a bit off to the actual world design, the places that are missing toilets or the flying lamps in the hidden actor studio lot (Plumbob Pictures)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @catloverplayer - I'm not sure which lot you're referring to, but isn't that what always happens when a lot is backed up against a mountain/high wall, etc? It's been that way since The Sims, and is the reason I don't like playing lots that are right next to mountains/high walls/etc--even though I love mountains! I can't get a 360-degree view of the lot I'm playing because the camera jumps around, unable to determine what level it should be on.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    The world size will not be changed. A guru tweeted that Del Sol Valley is not too small. According to them the size of this world is perfectly acceptable. It is not important to them that some simmers enjoy creating a diverse community of neighbors for their sims to interact with. Maybe if I just keep saying it ... This world is not too small! This world is not too small! This world is not too small! This world is not too small!

Well, I guess I will just have to get back to you about whether this works or not because so far ... um ... no. Maybe if I say it a few more times. Or maybe if I say it louder. Or maybe if I say it while standing on my head and drinking " sim juice"...
  • Options
    Tiarella wrote: »
    @catloverplayer - I'm not sure which lot you're referring to, but isn't that what always happens when a lot is backed up against a mountain/high wall, etc? It's been that way since The Sims, and is the reason I don't like playing lots that are right next to mountains/high walls/etc--even though I love mountains! I can't get a 360-degree view of the lot I'm playing because the camera jumps around, unable to determine what level it should be on.

It s all the lots at the pennticles. A lot of the youtuber game changers have said this is a bug with the camera. It continually jumps up in the air.
  • Options
    michelei wrote: »
    The world size will not be changed. A guru tweeted that Del Sol Valley is not too small. According to them the size of this world is perfectly acceptable. It is not important to them that some simmers enjoy creating a diverse community of neighbors for their sims to interact with. Maybe if I just keep saying it ... This world is not too small! This world is not too small! This world is not too small! This world is not too small!

Well, I guess I will just have to get back to you about whether this works or not because so far ... um ... no. Maybe if I say it a few more times. Or maybe if I say it louder. Or maybe if I say it while standing on my head and drinking " sim juice"...

I wanted to understand the criteria for him to say that the world is not small. Did he mean the size of the world in relation to the game file and how much it weighs in memory? Or did he just mean that the world is big and full of things to be done, families to be played, houses to be built...?
  • Options
    michelei wrote: »
    [/quote]

So...

the world became small to make the active career lot more dynamic; that's how I read it.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    @paradiseplanet that is the way I took it too. I stand by my original opinion. This would have been an incredible Game Pack. I do not know what idea offends me more. They either repackaged it as an Expansion Pack and rushed it out or someone actually okayed the idea of wasting money on a world that for many of us will be unusable because of its tiny size. Again I do not understand the decisions being made here.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited November 2018
    ... like Valley Del Sol, should be bigger (you should also fix the name, its very wrong for a latin-language speaker to not get frustrated by Del Sol Valley, it sounds for me just like Valley Sunset Of would be for english speakers).

Del Sol Valley doesn't sound weird to me. "Del Sol" is supposed to be a full name. In this case, "Del" is not a Spanish article but part of the name. It shouldn't be translated or used as separate words in any language. Spanish names preserve their form even in another language. So what you would call "Valle Santa Clara" or "Valle del Sol" would be Santa Clara Valley and Del Sol Valley in English.

In addition, Del Sol Valley is inspired by Los Angeles, California. L.A's original name was "El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula" (in English, town of our lady the Queen of Angels of the River Porciúncula)" (Wikipedia).

So you can pretend Del Sol Valley is the shortened version of a bigger name.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on