The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After the news from Sims Camp, will you be buying get famous?

Comments

• Options
    JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    Yes.
    I intend to buy but it's mainly due to the fact I buy all the add-ons. I do not use CC's or MODs so I always want new items to use. If I'm completely honest, I would have preferred something else more fantasy or scifi related, however, I'm not really a fussy simmer (I've played sims since the beginning and eventually the developers get around to expansion/game packs I like) and it seems like a lot of effort has gone into the creation of this pack. Also the timing of this pack comes when we get new terrain tools which helps me like the pack all the more lol.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I'm not sure/want to hear more information
    I will buy it at some point, but I do not know whether I will get it upon release. As I stated in another thread, about whether the pack was worth its asking price, I said it depended on the size of world (disappointing/not a selling point), the depth of the celebrity system (seems fine), whether the new active career offers replay value (seems to offer somewhat varying paths) and the number of CAS items (mixed feelings).
    It just feels like a "get it on sale" pack to me at the moment.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    A_PepperA_Pepper Posts: 12 New Member
    Yes.
    Definitely is a buy for me, I was unsure at the beggining but yesterday, after viewing several of the Campsims videos, I made my mind. <3
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,548 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'll buy if it's on sale sometime.
    If I had University, I would buy it on launch day.
    As it is, my sims are about to be put on hold because the majority of them are children and toddlers.
    I want them all to attend University when they become young adults.

I can still use Get Famous for their parents, but I am in no rush.
    Also, initially I felt like Get Famous was more than a Game Pack, but now, I am a bit disappointed in the world and only one active career will probably get old despite the depth. It does feel like a Game Pack now.

An awesome Game Pack,
    but still a Game Pack, and I might as well wait for a game pack price since I am in no hurry to advance my sims.
    I can wait. Especially since I am back to playing The Sims 3 and I am really loving it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Yes.
    Yes, I have already preordered it and can't want to check out what bring a celebrity will be like. I am still disappointed at the world size but the acting career and the celebrity system looks promising also CAS. I'm big sucker for CAS and I'm loving all of it, well all except that big beehive hair that blond celeb sim has.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    Yes.
    I'm not happy about the size of the world but the rest looks good. Not sure if I'll get it day 1 but I will get it at some point whether its on sale or not.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    No.
    I wasn't about to buy it anyway.
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    Yes.
    I buy every pack but I'm super excited about this one.
    Although I am a little bit disappointed that they didn't bring back the indoor skydiving thing, but I think I'll like a few of the newer items like the vault and pond. Maybe if they ever do a nostalgia pack like they've mentioned a few times they'll put that in, so I guess I'll hold out hope.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,511 Member
    I'm not sure/want to hear more information
    I'm definitely not rushing into this one, as the general theme is just not something I like. The world style is also not to my taste, and with so few lots it's definitely not the highlight of the pack.

The fame system is good, but I honestly don't know how much use I have for it. I do like the negative rep branch and a few of the quirks, but that's such a small part.

The acting career does look interesting, but it's probably something I'll only want to advance in once, mainly to unlock the costumes.

The build/buy is pretty solid and the CAS is full of things I want, so for me, that's where the strong point lies. But I can't justify paying the Expansion pack price for Stuff pack items, so I might get it when it's half off.

I do have some gameplay concerns. I've noticed that the fans and "stans" of celebrities are taken from the regular townies. In one video I watched, the stan was Supriya Delgato of Brindleton Bay, and she was going through the celebrity's trash and creating a mess. I have two big problems with this:

First, does the game randomize just any member of any household to use as fans? Or does it at least limit the selection from unplayed households or "non-favorites"? Because I definitely don't want my own Sims running around chasing random celebrities. I don't want, for example, my vampires to turn up screaming like teenagers and snapping photos. I can't stand when the game decides to assign my Sims to a role.

My second issue is the mess. If stans will be going through a celebrity Sim's trash every day, this is going to accumulate more stinky messes that we already have too much of in this game and I can see this becoming another inconvenience to gameplay.

Another concern I have is from watching one of Deligracy's videos. The "celebrity" Venessa came to her Sim's house to welcome them to the neighborhood, but because of her celebrity status, none of the household Sims were able to greet her. They could invite her in but they couldn't properly start a conversation. This is just weird. I know that it's still an early version of the game and it's going to get more polishing before release, but oversights like this give me cause for concern.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LimorzLimorz Posts: 77 Member
    No.
    nope..didn't like the build/buy items. the only thing I like is the new formal wear but not worth the money as I'm not intersted in game play. also, it sucks there are no kitchen items
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I actually am looking forward to playing this expansion. I get to play so little that I haven't even finished exploring everything currently in game. I however will wait for a good sale before purchasing
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    I'll definitively buy it but I never buy them at full price so I'll guess I'll be waiting, again. It's so frustrating because there's so much things I wanted for a long time and differences from previous games to not make it as just a rehash.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I won't buy it unless it's 50% off. It looks more like a game pack than an expansion pack, with only 1 career, and a small world with only 11 lots. It has less content than Seasons or Cats & Dogs. Not worth $40. Waiting on that sweet Target sale :D
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes.
    I'll be getting it. I'm more interested in how the pack works with existing content than I am with the acting career (though I'll probably have an actor Sim just to try it out at some point). And I'm intrigued by the reputation system and how that will affect Sims in the world. I'm also looking forward to the builds produced by our talented community creators using the new items especially some of the sets -- maybe a few pirate themed seafood restaurants? B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes.
    I already have a story in mind for one of my Sims...

I'm intrigued by the video-making desk and the drone.
    Very glad to hear there's an acting skill and an acting career. I was afraid it might be like the veterinarian.
    The fame system looks interesting, although I'm afraid I have several Sims who will become Phone Fanatics. I'm curious to see if any of my Sims shows up as a fan of someone.

I do wish there were a couple of empty lots in the Starlight Boulevard. My celebrities are going to need a spa and a restaurant they can go to.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,161 Member
    Yes.
    Yes. I have plenty of available space so the new world size is not a concern for me.

OS-8
    NC-7
    MP-1
    WB-20
    SM-12
    FH-5

The only full worlds in my game are Willow Creek, which I played until Cats and Dogs was released, and BrindleBay, where my main family currently resides.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,143 Member
    I like it enough I'll probably will get it someday, but only when it goes on sale. (Admittedly the only EP I've paid full price for was Seasons)
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes.
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    The information took my 'maybe' and turned it into a 'yes'. The idea of a random sim being obsessed with your sim has so very much potential. Everything from obsessed fan to over enthusiastic vampire thrall leaves so very much potential.

Not if they are just going to stand around and yak.

I wish you luck in finding a game that you'll enjoy.

oh well, at least they can still share a dislike on the forums ;)
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    LadyTigressLadyTigress Posts: 183 Member
    Yes.
    I been planning to get it since they announced it
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Yes.
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Um yes. I had a look at some info for two seconds but I don't need others' opinion to have an opinion.
    I will definitely get the pack, regardless of what anyone thinks.

always this! I make up my own mind. What I like someone else may hate and vice versa. I look at what the pack has to offer, wheater there is enough that appeals to me, and me only, and then I purchase.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Yes.
    I have it Pre-ordered and just getting one of my girls ready...
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    I definitely want it even though it has a small number of residential lots. There are so many features of the game that I am excited about playing with, like the drones and media production objects. Now I can finally play out the lifestyles I wanted my sims to have. I’ve been wanting an acting career since I started playing Sims 4 last year and I’m so happy it’s the same as the GTW system. Going to work with my sims is fun for me, and I enjoy the checklists. But I’m in no rush to purchase and will wait for a sale as I always do.
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    I no longer buy TS4 packs unless I can get them for at least 50% off (and even then, I seldom get stuff packs). Depending on the reviews, I may not buy GF unless I can get it at ~75% off.

The GTW careers weren't any fun for me, and there are only 6 residential lots, so GF offers me a lot less than it offers many others. Glad y'all are happy, though! Hoping it turns out well. :)
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Yes.
    Yep, I'm mainly interested in the gameplay, and I can't wait to try out different combinations of fame with even just the existing careers. It gives my Sims yet another thing to reach for and do with their money. After a certain point, my Sims have lots of money and a big house but need some new goals besides aspiration/reaching the top of the career. I just finished reading "Kitchen Confidential" and I'm actually eager to make a Celebrity Chef sim.

So, yep, yep yep. I'll be getting it.
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 419 Member
    Yes.
    I already preordered but I've always been interested in the fame aspect and I like the features presented thus far
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth