Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Since last patch _ Umbrellas

I find the umbrellas so annoying. Last night my one sim went to visit his girl and his son. It was pouring rain. When it was time to send him home, it was painful to watch and play. He would run a few steps stop put umbrella up, then down, run a few more steps - you get the picture. Took him forever to get to a load point.

Also has anyone noticed that energy is draining rather fast. It could be because we had a house fire and it was thunder storming, but I couldn't keep anyone's energy up. Almost had to age the baby up as no one could stay awake long enough to take care of her.
EA ID burnished_dragon

Comments

• Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    I haven't noticed a change in energy at all; in fact, my one musician sim seems to still have green level energy after coming home from work at 9:00 pm.

But yeah, the umbrellas are pretty bugged, I've heard. I haven't experienced this but I know other players have, but it might be because I use like two mods/CC total in the game.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2018
    I haven’t noticed this, but what I have noticed is that even my vampires with level 3 sun resistance now autonomously put up umbrellas every time they go outside. If you ask them to close the umbrella, they put it back up. If you make them put away the umbrella in the umbrella rack and then delete the umbrella rack, the game still gives them a new umbrella the next time it rains... And then they use that umbrella to protect them from the sun again, despite not needing to.

I have about 20 vampires with level 3 sun resistance in 8 separate households I spent ages going round each household and making them put away the umbrellas that the game had given them and then deleting the umbrella rack, thinking (erroneously, as it turned out) this would solve the problem. Now, all these vampires are running around looking like complete fools with their umbrellas out wherever they go during the day.

I thought EA did a brilliant job on vampires, but to be honest this is ruining it for me. I can understand vampires without sun resistance autonomously putting up their umbrellas, but why also perfectly sun resistant vampires? There was no point in me giving my vampires Sun resistance, it turns out.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    @MaggieMarley the vampire umbrella thing is from the latest patch
    @Shinzen I only have 4 mods in my game MCCC UIextensions, (bad me, can't remember whose) all beds same energy and some phone dating app. I believe they are all uptodate but I can check.
    I have only played for a short time since the latest patch and this is when I noticed it. However as I said it could be the fire and the thunderstorm not helping.
    That and the washer or dryer being broken most of the time - the freaking clothes are never clean.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @verlainem yes, I know it’s from the latest patch. What I’m saying is that they did a poor job on it as it’s forcing my perfectly sun resistant vampires to autonomously use umbrellas constantly, unnecessarily and seemingly unpreventably
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    @verlainem yes, I know it’s from the latest patch. What I’m saying is that they did a poor job on it as it’s forcing my perfectly sun resistant vampires to autonomously use umbrellas constantly, unnecessarily and seemingly unpreventably

That is what I have been hearing. I have not seen it yet in my current game but am not playing any vampires households and it's been raining of late lol
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,177 Member
    leave the umbrella racks out . but if you rotate familes you have to get them to put away the umbrellas each time you play that family
  • Options
    leave the umbrella racks out . but if you rotate familes you have to get them to put away the umbrellas each time you play that family
    I just don’t like seeing my other families around with their umbrellas out! I don’t want to be constantly having to take control of each household to get them to put away their umbrellas when I know they will only get them out again 20 minutes later.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yep they sure do pick up and put down the umbrella often
  • Options
    WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    Umbrella thing is so annoying. I waited forever in Granite Falls yesterday for a Vampire (sun resistant) Sim to cross the terrain to pick up herbs and such. Stop. walk a couple of steps. Pick. Umbrella. Up. Down... GAH. (Going to vote on the bug thread... )
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Umbrellas were bugged like this for me before the patch. It's why I don't place the umbrella stands.
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    Put away the umbrella but not not delete the umbrealla stand the vampires will be fine grab a umbrella when it is raining then put it away after the rain, they will not generate a umbrella in the sun that way
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Options
    Put away the umbrella but not not delete the umbrealla stand the vampires will be fine grab a umbrella when it is raining then put it away after the rain, they will not generate a umbrella in the sun that way
    The thing is, I can’t do this with my 7 inactive vampire households every time it rains as I don’t have the time. But, if I don’t do it, it annoys me to see them unnecessarily walking about with umbrellas in the day!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    I've noticed sometimes the sims umbrella-carrying arm will stay in the carrying position after the umbrella has disappeared into their back pocket. Makes for some very painful happenings:

Painful.jpg?dl=0
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Your played Sims can still be given umbrellas without the umbrella rack so long as they're being chosen to walk around the neighborhood while raining. I know the game does this bc when I do place an umbrella rack in a household that didn't have one, I discovered that they already had one.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png