Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims are rapidly gaining weight in one day!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    If lack of exercise is an issue, then place some workout equipment in the house - the treadmill is great for burning calories. Not being able to jog because of the cold outside is hardly an excuse in this game :o

Not everyone knows, but bar drinks contain loads of calories, so get rid of those bars, drink fountains, globes and whatever. They will make your Sim fat very quickly if they have free access to thise objects and you don't pay attention. Especially foodies who like to drink more than the average Sim.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    Although I got Sims 4 back when it launched, I didn't like it back then (esp. with no toddlers) and I just started playing it again about a month and a half ago. Having played both TS2 and TS3 extensively, I applied my past-Sims knowledge of how to manage weight in TS4. The fairly simple rule in TS2 and TS3 was, don't have them eat unless their hunger bar is showing yellow or below. If you wait until they're hungry to eat, they generally won't gain weight in those games.

So, I applied that rule here, and it did not work. My first gen founder packed on the pounds despite literally never eating unless her hunger bar was solidly yellow. Some people claimed that now it is what you eat -- with birthdays and weddings and all and a small family there was often a lot of leftover cake, so I had her eating it a lot. OK, this makes sense.

So I got her exercise equipment and worked her out, and as a cook I had her make more nutritious stuff -- fish, salads, that kind of thing. It took until she hit a Fitness level of 7 or something before this paid off but it finally did. However, despite cooking nutritious meals and her daughter getting to level 10 motor skill (the kid-version of Fitness), her daughter was still pudgy when she aged up to teen. Fortunately the daughter's aspiration rolled Bodybuilder so I just cranked the exercising and she became super-fit.

But every other Sim in the household gets fat despite modest exercise and nutritious food. I never let them eat cake after the birthday (I throw leftover cake out with The Hand). I only make nutritious dishes. And they still get chubby to fat regardless unless I am also exercising them not just a little, but pretty solidly.

I think the game has some more realistic features with the weight gain now (since it seems to be what you eat not just how much). But it's also a little too easy to gain weight and too hard to lose it.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I tried to control there diet even outlawed baking. Slap there big butt on the tread mill but nothing works. The hottest clothing is stretch pants.
  • Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    Working out does help a lot, but... I shouldn't have to make every single Sim in my household a level 5+ fitness junkie just to have them not be fat.
  • Options
    AlienSimmerAlienSimmer Posts: 21 Member
    That’s so strange. When my more recent sim started packing on the pounds, within 3 days she was back to being thin. I had her eat only salads and fruit salads and do cardio until she autonomously stopped working out. If she wasn’t tired or had a need in yellow/red, I would have her do weight lifting. But she could spend all day working out. She worked in the criminal career and rarely worked and her only child was in school most of this time so it’s not like there was much to do at the house other than tend the garden.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2018
    My game has a different problem with weight gain, I play almost 20 Sim families. This one couple when I left from playing them were both slim. But now when I see the wife in town she looks to have gained 100 Sim lbs. But still, wear the Betty Boops outfits. lol. So how can I control a sims weight gain if I am not even playing them? The husband is the same size as when I left them (slim). both have the active trait.
    She is Betty Boop, Was Betty Boop ever fat? hahaha Her husband looks like the men back in those days with the thin mustache.

(Oh, also I have a Sim that was pretty she and her husband also have the active trait. omg, she has more muscles than her husband, she looks a hot mess. It's the worst. I took pictures of her. Her husband I think is a gym rat so well built. she still has more muscles than him. I think I could have deleted her. )

I saw some people on Youtube Making fun of Sims women one they had extremely fat other was full of muscles like a man but more like my Sim (I will find and add her picture of her muscles when I stop
    playing the family she was normal and pretty, this was a time ago I did save the picture. )so they just made it a comedy show. on Youtube its lots on what happens to Sims as fat and muscles on women.

This is not from my sims world but from youtube. I do not know what she is eating but I will not make anything that looks like that for my sims.
    https://youtu.be/06QzfOFBmq4
    When I saw my Sim looking like this I almost stop playing. I just stop playing that household.
    This happened when I was not playing the household.
    Ra8mPdo.png

I do not want to worry if my sims are fat or slim when I am not playing them. But I do not think the game should take over and go to either extream.
    They should be as we last played them.
    I just make them jog when I do play the household or workout. I will try that Ice cream for sure.
    I think you can bake a diet cake. So I will do that as well.
    Also, I think I will delete all the to to fat townies, not the normal thick one so that the game does not think I like the look. :)
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I haven't noticed crazy weight gain since Seasons... but it's probably whatever they are eating is high calorie. I always have my sims throw away leftovers that are high calorie rather than eat it for every meal until it's gone. Usually the leftovers I'll store are grilled foods (not grilled cheese duh) and most fish options. Assume anything fancy, desert or snacky or creamy is high cal... There are some lists out there but not sure if there's an updated one. I've noticed the butler and nanny often make high calorie foods also...
    If my sims eat low calorie food I usually don't have to have them work out regularly but if I have them jog or work out like 3 times a week until they stop on their own they usually maintain pretty well no matter what they eat when hungry. I like the way they do it in game it kind of makes me aware of my own eating habits (not that it necessarily changes them).
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,641 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    I use MCCC to freeze their physique so my sims don't gain weight or muscle.

I've used that on one of my Sims. So far, I haven't noticed the others gaining weight. But, I'll keep a lookout for it, nonetheless. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    edited July 2018
    I have different problem. I play 91 sims, all of them are super skinny except one. She is not fat, but has a little fuller body shape, healthier looking than the rest. She is game generated sim, my sim married her. The rest are born in game. I began over feeding babies to see if they going to grow up chubbier. They are a little chubby until they age up to children. Then I rotate to another household and I see that child skinny as the stick playing in the park. It’s impossible to have chubby adult in my game. I see some townies have extra pounds, but not my sims.
  • Options

Working on this problem, almost have a breakthrough, back soon with findings, ;):)

@Feisbukaite Oh, you have skinny sims? I have some of those too, just cover with dress options.like with jackets.
    If you put on an outfit and you look too skinny what do you do, change lol. they can wear layers. I have some too skinny kids, they do grow up to be the same. But I do not worry about them.

What people find attractive today(media) is normal to thick. to even thicker. it's fashionable. the problem with our sims being thick is we do not want the thick to go overboard. maybe they can allow us to give sliders in CAS for each sim like they can go from this slim to this thick and no more. let it be up to us.

That's a good solution but not the answer to the op's problem at the moment. that would have to be implemented.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2018
    On the subject of skinny sims, I brought back Mimsy the ghost and her waist is ridiculously tiny. I guess she is meant to be wearing a corset but it is just unrealistic! You can see it here:

KhsZ6Fd.png

it probably didn't help that she's been running on the treadmill, though I've gotten rid of that now.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited July 2018
    My sims seem to gain weight faster than they should. When I have them exercise, it takes a long time to get that weight off. They do not overeat. Perhaps, the weight gain could be tweaked a bit.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I just remembered, I bought the Fitness pack so they could also do a TV workout. It helps if your sim is too busy to go to the gym or jog, or can't afford to buy equipment for the home. It's easy enough to squeeze in a TV workout because you don't have to spend time traveling to a gym and you don't have to spend additional money or try to find space for exercise equipment.

I normally watch what they eat too. The most recent households were an exception to that. One, with learning all the recipes and going the Grilled Cheese aspiration, and the other being an uglacy save. I wasn't focused on watching what they cooked and how much they ate so they all got pretty big. They did actually own a treadmill but nobody used it. :D
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    So far, my sims have been lucky or either they have a fast metabolism. LOL They eat a lot and having gained weight. I wish I could do that.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Sims are strange who knows what lurks in the minds of a sim. can they think? Come on guys you don't think the Sims 4 Sims really know what they are eating, lol. omg, that would be absurd. hahaha, you Simmers actually think the sims knows Ice cream and cake from say their shoe? hahaha. If we put their shoe on a plate they would eat it. Come on Simmers. They do not care what they eat. So let's just stop with the talk of giving them diet ice cream, and they will lose weight, that's a joke right.?

My Sims the lover of Ice cream the mother of 2 won't even make ice cream unless I direct it to. and I do mean (it). a pixel lol.
    So what if I direct her to eat dinner and she cancels it for another cone full of ice cream.
    So I just got her husband to make the diet Ice cream. even while he was making the two quarts I asked for. his wife the ice cream cone lover. Went right to the fridge and got a cone sat down and ate it then she got another. So I, having the superior brain. took the last of it and put it in the garbage. and I place the two quarts of diet Ice cream in the fridge. Well, see my sims are not fat yet. So I just thought why not start early.

So satisfied that I was handling things well. sent the husband to work on the garden/farm. While I was busy with working and evolving. I looked over and saw
    That wife of his busy making Ice cream had finished and was eating it from her inventory.
    It's no way that pixel could know that was diet ice cream. so I took what she had made and put the ice cream maker into the household inventory.
    It took her some time but she broke. Yay. She went and got one. a diet Ice cream cone. Then I knew I had won, :p Now to make that diet cake. ;) . All done diet cake and diet ice cream.

You know how the Sims always go and get the cake or ice cream when they get hungry. ( the ones that are not on the new let's starve thing.)
    Well, I saw my sims getting the fruit salad, burgers, even old mac and cheese. anything but that diet cake, and diet ice cream.

So in a day or 2, I went off to find some fat sim to give the diet duel to.
    but I got sidetracked. While at a restaurant seeking out fat Sims I spotted The husband of my Ice cream loving sim. seems he has taken a liking to their thick nanny they were flirting and holding hands. :o , and I even heard he now calls his wife skinny chicken legs. I saw her if she turns sideways you see nothing but a line. Opps. hahaha.
    That Ice cream diet of @rosemow 's should come with a warning, could have some bad side effects like divorce maybe? or skinny chicken legs lol.. o:)
    warning: do not use on none fat sims.
    Post edited by Stormsview on
  • Options
    Holy_CowHoly_Cow Posts: 47 Member
    I have my sims go jogging, use a treadmill, exercise equipment, or a punching bag to lose weight. If they are only kids and can't exercise easily, I have them go on a peas, garden salad, and grilled fruit diet.
    Holy cow! I completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration! :P
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Omg I love body image issues in the sims. I mean, it’s nice to relate when they blow up after eating the third helping of ice cream or cake. I am like, “I get it bud.”

I just wish I could run a few hours on the treadmill and come out looking sleek and slim!
  • Options

Remember I was supposed to find out why our Sims are fat?
    or Why they get fat to fast, well I did. first, they maxed out the weight sliders.
    Our Sims are fat for more than one reason. plus all sizes get thrown in a mixer in CAS. So I think they do add them by percentages, like more of one or another as far as size. but I also feel that they have increased the number of fat sims in CAS greatly. So they also send them down to us as townies in that same number.
    Now I get fewer elders because I use to always delete them so the game learned from me that I did not want them and I would check often.
    So one thing I think would help is to delete your oversized townies.

Now if we notice a townies job is to basically eat. go to our restaurants and go to the city and eat eat eat and walk to one end to the other. you can see this in San Myshuno more than any other city, they are also there to socialize with us and other townies. and to buy from our shops.

For the first time, I see lots of kid townies eating and eating.
    wLcCaQf.png
    This guy job is to eat and eat he do not have on shoes lol but eating.
    7b15qKx.png
    the girl with the short red hair can change from a teen to an adult. job is to eat.
    a Teen
    EzQBfYw.png
    a Teen
    W0DqGjr.png
    Av5qpGZ.png

The following 3 pictures are of one of my Sim family's Below is after they got the diet ice cream, I leave to go play a different sim. I find them being townies out getting ice cream, strange don't you think.
    dbKTsue.png
    Father in white and son red, mom is there as well
    oHfKHBm.png
    This is my ice cream loving Sim. wearing pink and white, hair in the pony. she is married to the man above with his son dad is wearing white and son has on the red shirt. he looks like a teen and he also has a teen sister.they are out buying ice cream and cupcakes I did not bring them here I am with a different Sim.
    08mqiSb.png

But here is the kicker, Our sims the ones we play, are also townies. It's like their second job that they do not talk about.
    So you put them to bed and you log out. but nope they do not stay in bed, they go about the town being townies and eating and eating they go to bakeries, by food for their inventory and eat it. they go to the city and eat from stalls, we see them at restaurants eating, but we are not playing them.
    Now not all our sims have eating jobs, some are the workers as well. This may be why some do not gain as much or as fast as the eaters, the game do not care who does what as long as there are sims about town.
    Another kicker is that townies can change their identity and change back to themselves when you log in, Reason why they sometimes are not at home. where you left them. or just have been about the town having fun eating and eating making friend and enemies and fighting, flirting and drinking, go to parties whatever. also when they get home we think they are hungry because they are in red, this I think is a return home malfunction. also tired. and can not go to work but should be fully rested and teens as well.
    If you stay in San Myshuno long enough you will see them and the workers change shifts and new ones come . also some townies will leave and be refreshed into other townies. I saw a young adult change to a teen, with the same body and big belly.

So they gave us the fitness pack and diet cake, and raise the percentage of extremely overweight sims, thinking we would love to reduce them whereby giving us more to do. We would be so busy trying to keep the extra weight off we would not have time to get bored.
    Well if our Sims have eating Jobs as townies that should be empty calories and not count at all to their weight but it does. normally and they get bigger and bigger,
    Why did they do this and not remove the calories from our sims total, well maybe it would cost man hours and well they would have to pay programmers. so, maybe its why they gave us the fitness pack, only some do not have that pack or kitchen stuff for the diet ice cream. oh well lol.

(Disclaimer: this is theory only Not proven facts.)

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    If I play another family for a couple of sim days, all the other families end up with weight extremes happening, they get fat, or they get buff, or they end up so thin they're at risk of disappearing if they turn sideways.

IT's frustrating, and I do not enjoy it. :(
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Something has definitely changed since I bought the seasons pack. Prior to seasons my sims were able to maintain their weight with the occasional jog or yoga. As a foodie, I like them to try and learn different cuisines so they get a good variety in their diet, but I do limit their sugar intake. Prior to seasons, I didn't have any issues with their weight at all and they were able to maintain their original bodies from CAS.

Since I bought seasons, my female sim gains weight very easily, and when I have her exercise, within a couple of days she'll get thin and develop big muscles with a six pack, and this is just from yoga. Sigh....... I keep having to take them to CAS as I can't seem to get the right balance in-game. My sim that has maxed fitness, didn't have any issues with weight gain, however he gets very muscular pretty quickly now so he too goes to CAS for tweaking.

I only play with a few sims, it would drive me nuts if I played with several+ households as some players seem to do!
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited July 2018
    Minai wrote: »
    So I keep using the cas.fulleditmode cheat to manage the weight gain.
    Its ever since seasons.
    Anyone else experiencing this; and what do you do to manage sim weight?

THere are a few ways. One I cheat in the athletic aspiration once they reach teens. This gives them high metabolisms. I will also use MCCC. The lean potion you can buy in the aspirations store is good to get too.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    If you have the Cool Kitchen stuff pack, you can use the Icecream machine to make the “ Taste of Diet” icecream, which helps with weight loss when your sim eats more than two servings.
    https://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-cool-kitchen-guide/#Interactive

This works perfectly, two ice cream cones or two bowls and they are slim or skinny. And it last, my sims eat what they want, I even give the skinny ones two dinners and still they are skinny, so I have removed the ice cream for now and let them eat whatever they like. I wonder if the weight of the world ice cream makes them heavy again?, I will test this out.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I suspect it's the grand meals.

I've let my Sims experiment with some special dishes on a few holidays, but I watch their hunger bar and stop them eating when it is nearly full. (That's where Sims gain weight - when they keep eating after the hunger bar is full.)
    I just want things to match. :'(