Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it too easy to get rich in TS4?

Comments

• Options
    -Haner96-Haner96 Posts: 18 Member
    It isn't too easy nor too hard. The game is as difficult as you make it out to be.
    Kind of a vague answer but it all depends on your playstyle.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yes
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Use the game as designed with no mods and no cheats and it's not as easy as you think especially if you have all packs. I make my sims play the game with no mods and no cheats to help them - they fail a lot especially with money as they want things they can't afford and if they are saving to add an addition to their starter house or even a computer or something it takes a lot of money for them to make to get there. I also make my sims start at actual careers - and not stay at home type of things that make making money easier.

If a sim seems to get rich to quick most of the time it is because of mods tht level them up faster or cheats that level them up and give them money and such. Make them read the books, use the skills until they get done with them - proper like. Never use motherlode or kaching - EVER. As designed the game is a challenge. But it is the way I prefer to play. It is only easy if you don't make the sims earn and learn piece by piece and never, ever cheat them any money.

I don't use cheats or mods to get rich, but the game gives us a number of ways to make it happen. I don't think this thread is in regards to cheats and mods, anyway.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,409 Member
    Yes
    I wanted to reply that it depends on how you play, but for some (painters, fishermen etc.) the money comes way too easily. I shouldn't need to try to make less money... The actual careers seem rather balanced to me. I rarely even make it to the career top on normal life span.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    It isn't too easy nor too hard. The game is as difficult as you make it out to be.
    I guess it depends on what you mean by "rich". Personally I think it's quite a challenge to make money, and I say that as someone who cheats to get money often :D
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Use the game as designed with no mods and no cheats and it's not as easy as you think especially if you have all packs. I make my sims play the game with no mods and no cheats to help them - they fail a lot especially with money as they want things they can't afford and if they are saving to add an addition to their starter house or even a computer or something it takes a lot of money for them to make to get there. I also make my sims start at actual careers - and not stay at home type of things that make making money easier.

If a sim seems to get rich to quick most of the time it is because of mods tht level them up faster or cheats that level them up and give them money and such. Make them read the books, use the skills until they get done with them - proper like. Never use motherlode or kaching - EVER. As designed the game is a challenge. But it is the way I prefer to play. It is only easy if you don't make the sims earn and learn piece by piece and never, ever cheat them any money.

I don't use cheats or mods to get rich, but the game gives us a number of ways to make it happen. I don't think this thread is in regards to cheats and mods, anyway.

That's why I also made the statement about working at an actual career instead of letting the sims do work from home things and such. But I do notice a lot of folks that complain of how easy it is to get rich do use mods and cheats for skilling faster - some even cheat up the skills - and it is the game designed skilling that makes it not so easy and take longer with career and such as we cannot controll making more money by do more work when it is done at a job place like we can with home done jobs.

But yes the game does make it easier with jobs at home as people will make them paint around the clock and use methods to keep all their needs high but that is not using the game as designed. I just feel if people want to do it that way - it's fine - just don't complain money is too easy to be made.

When I play my sims like they were real people - it is not so easy to get rich. Yes eventually the goal is to be sucessful - to top careers, and hopefully top the career ladder before one dies - and it does happen - it just takes a more normal road without shortcuts..

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    No
    the only time my sims ever gotrich is when i have the life span set to long. I never play on long and i almost always use money cheats; but last week i decided to do absolutely no cheats. They spend most of their YA working and making money..and moving a lot! My current sim went from a extremely tiny starter house in Oasis Springs. She was in the painter career track and also painted on the side for money. It took almost a whole round of seasons for her to be able to afford an apartment for $400 a week with her fiance. They finally made enough to purchase the house I wanted for them at $113,000 all with out cheating! I really enjoy playing this way! It gave it more of a real feel. I also made her relationship realistic instead of falling in love, getting married, moving in and right away getting pregnant like I usually play.
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes
    @Writin_Reg Although I do have some work-at-home sims, my richest sims have regular careers. My politician, doctor, business owner etc. family reached the maximum amount of simoleans possible in the game. No unusual gameplay involved, just lots of promotions and they all earned the shrewd trait. Having that trait is key. There's also hacking work performance, lot traits, club traits, frugal trait, the street table, and so on. I think the game's basic mechanics can seem cheaty if you take advantage of them. No real cheating even necessary.

Now I wish I could change my vote, because I don't think it's too easy, but it's certainly possible if you know how.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • Options
    TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    No
    Absolutely not, lol! My Sims always have $10,000 at most, but then again I have really big families...
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I believe it depends how you choose to play your game. If you are activley planting lots of crops, collecting every possible collectable, working on your skills every moment you get, trying to get promoted as fast as possible then yes it will be easy but if you take things slow, only plant a couple of each crop, collect what you need for your story/aspiration and take your time with your skills and careers then no making money won't be fast or easy.

I play with custom lifespans so my sims have 160days starting from birth because of this much time I prefer to take my time and not rush, I want thing to feel natural. Same with relationships, I don't try to get my sims a partner in one day. I send them out to meet ppl, see who works best with them.
  • Options
    ZedieZedie Posts: 38 Member
    It depends how you play the game. I would lean towards yes if I had to pick a side. However, I'm not so sure I mind the 'getting rich quick' method. I struggle enough with money in real life! Haha. If you pace yourself and start off small, and then add items as well as expand your home...maybe that will make it harder?
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    No
    I always use cheats. I'm poor enough, don't wanna play poor sims.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    edited July 2018
    i always manage to stay poor somehow. i dont think i ever got rich from making sims work...
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Think the thing is there's not a lot of ways for sims to lose money much less spend it when your sim starts to make good money.

Sims definitely start out with a good chunk of money when you start families. I tend to move a sim into San Myshuno borrow a loan from their parents to pay back so they can afford to make first rent and have them work up to saving money to buy an unfurnished home later on.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    No
    In S3, I use to collect, paint, go to World Adventures, collect rocks ect. and didn't have to cheat. I always cheat in S4 when I want my sims to have a bunch. I wish they would expand collecting. I don't think it is easy to get rich easy at all in S4.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2018

In The Sims 4, we live the way we want to live, Its the freedom to choose that makes Playing the SIms 4 fun.
    I feel our wages are much to low, and our bills, are too expensive. you can pay 14,000 a week for a normal size home. Lots of objects in build mode cost too much like the better beds, stove, and fridge.

The cheap stove will just catch on fire, and cheap beds do not allow for enough sleep to get up for work or school. cheap appliance and plumbing break faster so cost you more money replacing or in repairing them.
    you start out with an entry-level job with too low wages.

So if the Sim enjoys the struggle,
    Some like to have nothing and try to find their way to the top. the only thing, you may lose interest before you do. unless you get rich quick.
    Even if you buy a business you do not make much money.

So some like to struggle some do not.
    I like that we have the choice to be rich or not. also when your tired of being poor you can just use a cheat. (Cheats are not cheating, its just a gaming option. ) Some use cheats only when they have no other way.
    I was watching youtube and this guy was doing rags to riches. So he had his sim with nothing, a bush for his bathroom a tent a beehive, and like 6 garden plants, to live he was drinking the honey from the beehive so it was hard for him he had only the money you start with he did buy some other thing but I forget what,
    I got annoyed and decided to go and do the same rags to riches better, and I did, now its been almost two weeks and that one single sim now makes over three hundred thousand a day 300,000$
    and over 3 million in surplus, But It was hard work, and planning.. all while at home and no job.
    If you want to be broke in the game get a job, most jobs start with too little money. I did try that before, I was a single mom, one child in the very cheap apartment, everything started breaking, rats were running around, I said ok, now its time for motherlode. lol, I was not going to go there, but it's in the game if you want that.

I like our freedom to chose as it is now. Never should they push being poor on us or anything else, should always be your choice.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    Yes
    It's too easy. I don't use cheats or whatever but I think it's relatively easier to get promoted since you just need to improve your sim's skills and do certain things. There are tho a few careers that have harder tasks to complete.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes
    Imo its too easy, I dislike having so much money but I recall the same thing happening in Other sims games.

Things I do bring down the moeny
    -Add taxes my Sim has to "pay" alongside bills.
    -Charge them for outfits changes, hair cuts, hair dye etc aka taking them into CAS for a make over.
    -Charge them for traveling/ going to the club etc my own prices.
    -I use mods and custom part-time jobs, since you can freeze career progress aka no promotions. Or you can get a custom part-time job as an adult and don't have to dread promotions because even at the top, you are not making thousands of dollars a single sim day.
    -Seasons has helped with money cuz keep the thermostat on and booom!
    -I donate to charity and use a mod to give money to townies once in a while or with Seasons give money as gifts.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited July 2018
    Money was always easy to make in sims game. In sims 3 you could go to the future and look up the lottery numbers, or wish upon a genie for either 50k or 100k simoleons, i don't remember which.

In 4 there's the money tree as a way.

In either games if you just do a regular career you'll find it more difficult. The game is as hard as you want it to be.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Yes
    Totally! I love playing regular households, regular stories of regular people. When I have my heirs move out they always start out poor and have to work their way up. Now let me be completely honest - I have no idea what actually determines that, but my sims always end up with waaay too much money than they need way too early on. And the game doesn't offer enough luxury items to spend that money on.

I take my time with gameplay. I don't have painting slaves in my households. Heck, I don't even take advantage of emotional auras because to me that's cheating and somehow my sims still fly through their jobs and get promotions with me not even trying all that much. Why is that?

There is some challenge at the very beginning but it's short lived. Before I know it my sims have 50k to their name and it's just sitting there because bills only come once a week.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I remember back in the day when I played just one family and reaped the rewards of a huge dragonfruit garden.

Now I play rotationally and handicap myself by each sim's traits and their lots. So, unless there are already planter boxes on their lot, they cannot garden. If they are not creative or a music lover, they cannot play instruments, etc. Any babies born, as they grow, they get random traits which may determine whether they'll have what it takes to be rich or not. But I'm in no rush since I just started a new game and have at least 30 households to rotate between!
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    Yes
    I almost exclusively play legacies and since the parents money carries over to the kids a lot of times I have trouble making that aspect of the game a challenge (especially with painter or writer sims). Usually I combat this by having my heir start with little to nothing when they move into their new home unless the story calls for something else.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I always use cheats. I'm poor enough, don't wanna play poor sims.

Basically this. I give them money for a nice house, with some extra to expand, and everything they would need. I don't particularly enjoy going to community lots for skills. My sims are pretty home bound, especially when they get married, have kids, have friends moving in. I'm quite controlling, and like to know that every sim is doing something productive. So I need to be able to level "every" skill at home.

Anyway, I think the most money I've had in a single household was like 6-700k. I think I took away half or so, but they quickly got it back (two sims with Shrewd trait). I'll also "transfer" money to a young sim moving out of their parents house, and getting their own.

ALSO, painting is insane for money. I think I've seen large masterpieces going for 10-12k. Its crazy. I don't sell paintings that often, though, only when the sims have whims to do so. I often (always) have huge basements with collections in them, and will only sell duplicates.

Haven't made much money from fishing or gardening. I tend to keep most harvested plants (for cooking and what have you), and fish is turned into plasma packs as I usually play vampires.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It's what you make it for me. I often chose to go the money making fast route because it's fun and it gives me a sense of achievement. I'm pretty sure the game makers know this. If I chose the day to day live my sims normally type of game play it's actually pretty hard to make money without it becoming a grind, it has my motherlode finger get quite itchy in fact to even attempt to play that way for any length of time.
    So instead I get my quick achievement set up fix and can congratulate myself for being the queen of the universe once again when the money starts to roll in.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yes
    It can be, it depends on what I'm doing. I find myself having to make a real effort not to get rich too soon. A lot of times I find it a struggle in the beginning and then I have to change things around to stop the money rolling in. Even my homeless sim was making bank within a few weeks but he's a klepto.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Yes
    yes, my writer got rich as hell, my Vampires got rich as hell... I always have to cheat some Simoleons away cause I don't know what to do with all that money :D.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top