Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the deal with the "stop stealing" on the gallery?

Comments

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited January 2018
    they may have made the hair and such , but we are the ones who put the time in to make the right look and faces that we want for that look, we put in the time and effort to make it our own, that does not give anyone else the right to take our work and say it belongs to them now, just cause they changed the coloring or the outfit, We did the work, so yes the Original Creators names are the ones who should get the credit for it, I am done with this thread, apparently it is for those who want to take the credit of others work, bye.

P.S. Yes you do give the Original Creators the Credit if CC was added, But for Me I do not use CC, so what I make I do Myself within the game, since I can not use any CC at all.

Someone is a bit touchy. Technically once any creation is uploaded it belongs to EA. By sharing, the creator relinquished sole ownership. Besides, I look for single Sims to redo all the time off the gallery, I then add more family members to them and it will no longer show the original creators. I also usually change their name and add a backstory.

Sounds like you have put some time into the sims. I myself do not use cc. So when I get a sim off the gallery that is a shell of what is a sim and I redo it am I not recreating that sim as I would if I was to have made it? But basically because I took that sim off the gallery the name of the creator who originally posted it with all that cc gets the credit for that sim which now looks nothing like the sim they posted
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    they may have made the hair and such , but we are the ones who put the time in to make the right look and faces that we want for that look, we put in the time and effort to make it our own, that does not give anyone else the right to take our work and say it belongs to them now, just cause they changed the coloring or the outfit, We did the work, so yes the Original Creators names are the ones who should get the credit for it, I am done with this thread, apparently it is for those who want to take the credit of others work, bye.

P.S. Yes you do give the Original Creators the Credit if CC was added, But for Me I do not use CC, so what I make I do Myself within the game, since I can not use any CC at all.

And when someone uses cc all over the sim and i redo that sim as I do not use cc in my game then am I not doing the same putting in my time and effort to redo that sim?

Your changing someone else work are you not? you did not start from scratch in the Cas like they did right?, then you figure it out.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,758 Member
    edited January 2018
    ok .. so in this 'don't steal" business. At one point we didn't have "orignal by" field so that people could take someone's sim/building and without any changes reload it as their own without crediting the original creator and guess which of the 2 people got more downloads and "likes"? The person who downloaded it. I downloaded and changed stuff just around the time they added the Orginal by line-but I gave credit-in my story and in the gallery (I had to re-upload the building which I'm still using in my game today with minor tweaks here&there)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/854778/what-are-peoples-thoughts-on-stealing-in-the-gallery/p1
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    ok .. so in this 'don't steal" business. At one point we didn't have "orignal by" field so that people could take someone's sim/building and without any changes reload it as their own without crediting the original creator and guess which of the 2 people got more downloads and "likes"? The person who downloaded it. I downloaded and changed stuff just around the time they added the Orginal by line-but I gave credit-in my story and in the gallery (I had to re-upload the building which I'm still using in my game today with minor tweaks here&there

you gave credit to the original creator, that is good, I am talking bout others who take the creations and try to pass it off as their own work, that is what is really wrong with the Gallery, and We do have to add our creations to the Gallery in order to keep them safe, that does not mean others can just take them and say it is their work , EA or Maxis does not claim our work as their own, Hence the difference between them and the people trying to claim Creations as their own work, when they did not make them in the first place.
  • Options
    WonderAisWonderAis Posts: 102 Member
    ok .. so in this 'don't steal" business. At one point we didn't have "orignal by" field so that people could take someone's sim/building and without any changes reload it as their own without crediting the original creator and guess which of the 2 people got more downloads and "likes"? The person who downloaded it. I downloaded and changed stuff just around the time they added the Orginal by line-but I gave credit-in my story and in the gallery (I had to re-upload the building which I'm still using in my game today with minor tweaks here&there)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/854778/what-are-peoples-thoughts-on-stealing-in-the-gallery/p1

I had thought this was the case but I couldn't remember for definite so I just left it in the hopes that someone else would remember.. so glad I'm not going nuts!

• Options
    ok .. so in this 'don't steal" business. At one point we didn't have "orignal by" field so that people could take someone's sim/building and without any changes reload it as their own without crediting the original creator and guess which of the 2 people got more downloads and "likes"? The person who downloaded it. I downloaded and changed stuff just around the time they added the Orginal by line-but I gave credit-in my story and in the gallery (I had to re-upload the building which I'm still using in my game today with minor tweaks here&there

I understand and I see nothing wrong with that and the original creator should not have either. If credit were all the person wanted they should just state that. I will give them likes I have no problem with that. I give them credit for the sim or whatever My total reason for putting things on the gallery is to save them from being gone as my game tends to need to be uninstalled and reinstalled a lot as my computer does not seem to like origin and sims games. So seeing as I cant seem to fix things like pulling my folder to the desktop etc I end up having to re-install the entire game hence losing all my library unless they are on the gallery. I state that I did not make them I also state the ones I made by giving a description. Cant see anything about this as a problem except the popularity bit that gets them kutos with us gamers that use their uploads. Maybe I cant see it because I do not do it for kutos or attention. I do it for my pleasure of my game.
  • Options

you gave credit to the original creator, that is good, I am talking bout others who take the creations and try to pass it off as their own work, that is what is really wrong with the Gallery, and We do have to add our creations to the Gallery in order to keep them safe, that does not mean others can just take them and say it is their work , EA or Maxis does not claim our work as their own, Hence the difference between them and the people trying to claim Creations as their own work, when they did not make them in the first place.

But I did not say that I did that did I? If i did then I am wrong. I do not claim the creations as my own as I have never seen a creation that does not have the creators name on it that I have done over.
  • Options
    The only difference between this and the exchange in the sims 3 is that recognition stuff which to me is not anything I am interested in.
  • Options

I remember you from the give aways I used to do until EA ruined that by not allowing us to give outside our country which I thought was unfair so I stopped. So basically I am for anything that is fair by way of other simmers and this I just cant see. I understand completely that others do not want you to take credit for their work. I get that what I do not get is the blatant use of the word Stealing and the demands of the do not upload as they do not seem to do much good. seems others still do it. So stealing to me it is not. It is there for my use and for me to keep where I want to is the gallery not accessed through my EA ID so if I do not advertise that I have great sims on my Gallery no one will even bother to go there and look. It is just the accusations and the demands that I feel are very much degrading. You cant stop people legally from using the sims.
    And the sim I was referring to above was naked and bald and because the skin was cc it was blue. I could have just deleted it but what the heck I just remade it, call it lazy. I just figured it was on the screen go ahead redo it. I knew someone else would be credited for it so what? I spent my time redoing a sim that was in my opinion since I do not have cc rubbish but I did not say that on the upload that I put on the gallery I did comment that I remade it without CC.
  • Options

But I did not say that I did that did I? If i did then I am wrong. I do not claim the creations as my own as I have never seen a creation that does not have the creators name on it that I have done over.

I have seen it many times where others did take someone's Creations and pass it off as their own, that Is what I am trying to tell others, Before the Original Creators name was put on , there was a time where anyone could pass the creation off as their own work, and that did not fly with people, which is understandable, you use the creations for your own game play, so that should not be a problem, since you say you do give the credit to the Original creator.
  • Options

I have seen it many times where others did take someone's Creations and pass it off as their own, that Is what I am trying to tell others, Before the Original Creators name was put on , there was a time where anyone could pass the creation off as their own work, and that did not fly with people, which is understandable, you use the creations for your own game play, so that should not be a problem, since you say you do give the credit to the Original creator.

It is rare, laziness or error that I do not give the original creator credit as their name is on the thing. Basically I need to stay out of the part of the gallery that has cc as I seem to be making those sims over all the time. I do not use cc as this is a brand new computer as my old computer caught fire and destroyed the top floor of my home and so I am now afraid to do anything with this computer that may make it work all wonky,
  • Options

Also so they lump everyone in for a few bad apples and claim we are all stealing their creations?
  • Options
    edited January 2018

It is rare, laziness or error that I do not give the original creator credit as their name is on the thing. Basically I need to stay out of the part of the gallery that has cc as I seem to be making those sims over all the time. I do not use cc as this is a brand new computer as my old computer caught fire and destroyed the top floor of my home and so I am now afraid to do anything with this computer that may make it work all wonky,

sorry to hear bout the fire, hope your doing ok now though, I do not think they are talking bout everyone, just those few who are trying to take the credit for the work they did not do is all, also you may be seeing creations with the Stop Stealing on them from yrs passed, I made a creation when that first happened as well, so you never know, creations with that logo on could be from years ago, you may want to check the date on them.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,758 Member

Also so they lump everyone in for a few bad apples and claim we are all stealing their creations?

No because there are some people who were notorious for actually downloading and reloading other's peoples work to get favs/downloads which should have gone to originally creator.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

I feel bad that you accused he here of wanting to take credit for others work. I do not . I want to save the work of other good creators as I see my sim which I made about 5 of them in the demo in some of the creations that are in the gallery or they are so similiar that they all are starting to look the same to me.
  • Options

sorry to hear bout the fire, hope your doing ok now though, I do not think they are talking bout everyone, just those few who are trying to take the credit for the work they did not do is all.

Yeah took 8 months before I was able to return to the house. Living in apartments were very hard on us. Husband has brain cancer and cannot move around well and upstairs only bathroom and on street parking was a real hassle for us. But we survived and are doing OK. Husband is terminal though and that is sad. But we make do.
  • Options

No because there are some people who were notorious for actually downloading and reloading other's peoples work to get favs/downloads which should have gone to originally creator.

Exactly My Point I was trying to make, thank you kindly, :)
  • Options

Hey I agree. I really wish there was a way that the library could be online that way I would not have to fear losing all the sims I have and the houses and stuff. I would gladly keep the things to myself if there was such a thing.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

sorry to hear bout the fire, hope your doing ok now though, I do not think they are talking bout everyone, just those few who are trying to take the credit for the work they did not do is all.

Yeah took 8 months before I was able to return to the house. Living in apartments were very hard on us. Husband has brain cancer and cannot move around well and upstairs only bathroom and on street parking was a real hassle for us. But we survived and are doing OK. Husband is terminal though and that is sad. But we make do.

So sorry to hear bout him, I know how that is, My Dad passed from Cancer yrs ago, I spent My New Years day in the hospital and he passed 3 days later that yr, My prayers are with you all.

P.S. you think a apartment is bad? try going from a 6 to 7 Large room apartment, to a Trailer in a mobile home park, now that is fun.
  • Options
    Gallery must be down as I went to check to make sure that I did not mess up and put sims on there without comment on that they were on there for me alone and I was unable to get on.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

So sorry to hear bout him, I know how that is, My Dad passed from Cancer yrs ago, I spent My New Years day in the hospital and he passed 3 days later that yr, My prayers are with you all.

A vibrant man who loved building things and made beautiful furniture and gardens that were the envy of the neighbors and he could cook up a storm, is now reduced to sitting and doing crossword puzzles reading and his tablet. Seems not worth living much, He has refused further treatment. I am way off topic. Have a good night all.

I come on the game to escape life for a little time.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited January 2018
    i think there is a difference between reuploading something to keep it safe and reuploading something to take credit for someone else's hard work and creativity (stealing). as other people have pointed out, the "original by" thing in the gallery is a recent addition.
    anyway, i wish there was a way to privately upload things to the gallery. i want to keep my sims safe and backed up, but i'm not comfortable with other people using my sims. (the few i have on the gallery were created for challenges or were game generated.)
    *and i think this would solve the problem people have with others reuploading their things.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    Gallery must be down as I went to check to make sure that I did not mess up and put sims on there without comment on that they were on there for me alone and I was unable to get on.

I have not been in game for a few days, been busy with other stuff, so no clue what they are doing, but probably down aye, :)
  • Options
    i think there is a difference between reuploading something to keep it safe and reuploading something to take credit for someone else's hard work and creativity (stealing). as other people have pointed out, the "original by" thing in the gallery is a recent addition.
    anyway, i wish there was a way to privately upload things to the gallery. i want to keep my sims safe and backed up, but i'm not comfortable with other people using my sims. (the few i have on the gallery were created for challenges or were game generated.)
    *and i think this would solve the problem people have with others reuploading their things.

I have made over 2k Creations, so a few of mine would probably be used in others games, which I do not mind at all, I only mind when others try to take My creations and claim them as their own, then My Claws & Fangs will come out, I am Gothic , :)
  • Options

A vibrant man who loved building things and made beautiful furniture and gardens that were the envy of the neighbors and he could cook up a storm, is now reduced to sitting and doing crossword puzzles reading and his tablet. Seems not worth living much, He has refused further treatment. I am way off topic. Have a good night all.

I come on the game to escape life for a little time.

You have a good night, Waves.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top