Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's Your Favorite World?

Comments

• Options
    AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    Brindleton Bay
    I'm obsessed with Brindleton Bay at the moment, but my normal go to is Windenburg.
  • Options
    EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    Oasis Springs
    I'm also one of the few people who love Oasis Springs.

I started my career as an archaeologist, perhaps one of the reasons why I always liked deserts.

I especially like the modern houses in Parched Prospect and the Mediterranean style houses in Skyward Palms. They remind me of Monte Vista, my favourite Sims 3 world.

But my Sims usually live in Sandtrap Flat, in the Bedrock Strait neighbourhood. It's "only" a starter home, but the size of the lot gives it huge potential in my eyes. In the end my Sims are usually enjoying the swimming pool in front of their house, or tending the garden behind the house, while watching the various outdoor activities of their toddlers and children.
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Forgotten Hollow
    For me it's a really close tie between Forgotten Hollow and Windenburg. Windenburg because it's so pretty and big, the special areas are so cool, they really did set the bar high with this one. And Forgotten Hollow because I always have a thing for the fantasy and magical worlds, I'm super excited to see the map they're gonna release in the witches GP! I hope it's the same vibe as Making Magic from TS1.
    EA_Spectre wrote: »
    I started my career as an archaeologist, perhaps one of the reasons why I always liked deserts.

You lived my childhood dream <3
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    San Myshuno
    I LOVE Oasis Springs. A huge part of that i that I LOVE that kind of "Retro-Futuristic" architecture. This is also a big reason why I love the Fallout games so much.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Windenburg
    I feel like it's still too soon to campare Brindleton Bay with the others, the release leaves us more excited about it.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited January 2018
    Windenburg
    Edit to add: Keep in mind I am a sim maker and NOT a builder so that type of stuff doesn't factor in. I know lots of builders love Newcrest and Willow Creek because they have more space. Since Im not a builder thats not a factor I take into account :smile: .
    100% Windenburg. It has so much space!! My sim feels free and like they aren't trapped. By the way you forgot Granite falls lol. That is probably my other fav although I NEVER play it anymore. It feels the biggest, but that pack was pretty forgettable thus why everyone always forgets about it, you even forgot the world for the poll LOL. I do like San Myshuno, but only because of the penthouses and different themes, the world itself however is SUPER claustrophobic, although ironically its the largest world coming in at 30 lots (they count individual apts as lots). Second largest is Windenberg coming in at 17 lots total. I actually did enjoy Forgotten Hollow for the "feeling" of it, but its so small I barely would consider it a "world", more like a really tiny neighborhood with 3 houses.......I feel like out of all of them they absolutely nailed Windenburg. It is large, it feels open, the decor is stunning, and there are so many different places to go that feel different from one another. Brindleton Bay was ok, but it just isn't really my style. All the brown feels gloomy to me. I do like the beach area though, thats really cool.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    San Myshuno
    Windenburg would be #1 if it wasn't always so empty.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    flintylime59flintylime59 Posts: 70 Member
    Windenburg
    Windenburg!! It's always been my favorite and probably always will be. I love the size and designs!
    "Embrace your flaws, work on your flaws, and don't be ashamed of having any flaws."

-Felix Kjellberg
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Forgotten Hollow
    I enjoy the dark nature of Forgotten Hollow. Its my kind of place but its small size hurts the joy. I am just sick and tired of this Candy Land High Saturation Cartoon Colored Neighborhoods we keep getting my eyes get so sore its impossible to play for long. Even with toning down the brightness on the screen it does not help. I just want variety and for once we got ONE that is NOT the same as everything else. Its just sad.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    8952589525 Posts: 109 Member
    Windenburg
    Windenburg because it's sooo pretty and I love the Von Haunt Estate :3
    Origin: SimmerSmile

• Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    Willow Creek
    Willow Creek. :)
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Willow Creek
    Even though I like Windenburg a lot, especially the island, my favorite world is Willow Creek. I like the overall atmosphere there and the size of most of the lots.

I'm currently trying out Brindleton Bay. It's very pretty but some of the lots are odd. I don't really like how it generates so many strays and townies with pets. I'm pretty sure that Willow Creek will remain my favorite.
  • Options
    SweetpeaKellySweetpeaKelly Posts: 9 New Member
    Newcrest
    I voted Newcrest because it lets my game run a little more smoothly :D
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Windenburg
    I have used them all but still really enjoy the "country" living in Windenburg the best.

My sims usually live in (or will in the case of Brindleton..)

Windenburg, Brindleton Bay, Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. I use Granite Falls often still.

The other places I use to put in non-residential lots or houses for NPC's or secondary characters if that makes sense. I have enjoyed using Forgotten Hollow but really rarely keep my sims living there because it strains my eyesight.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    Windenburg
    Windenburg. It's just so beautiful, you can tell how hard they worked on it - every detail is considered.
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Brindleton Bay

I LOVE Brindleton Bay!
    (except my current save is currently in San Myshuno until my sim marries the man I'm trying to set her up with. See Avi)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    UniversaeUniversae Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm not going to vote. Because as a new console player I only have 5 worlds available atm. So far the original willow creek is my fav xD
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,477 Member
    Argh. I thought I could make a decision for this poll, but I just can't. My mind went a little like this:

"Cool, I'll pick Brindleton Bay, with its 'autumn in New England' feel and awesome wharf and gorgeous waterfalls that I love so much. It feels so familiar and reminds me of so many places around my real life home, and I just adore that pet cemetary.... Oh, but wait. Speaking of cemeteries, what about Forgotten Hollow? I can't deny my love for the creepy little 'Halloween Town' and its perfect, misty, cobblestone streets, plasma-drinking denizens, and old world, crumbling, Victorian atmosphere....But, hold on. 'Old world'... what about Windenburg? I can't abandon Windenburg! The EuropeanTudor houses and haunted mansion and beautiful isolated island and silent, rural neighborhoods and fun downtown areas by the sea....I do love being around there, and my main household lives there currently - the same household that started way back in Willow Creek... Ah, Willow Creek. The town with that little neighborhood where it all began. That dead end active street that is always somehow bustling with activity, with its tiny park that houses the strange, magic Faery tree. Somehow, that street always feels homey and comfortable and nostalgic....."

So you see, I really can't elevate just one area to the top of my list when so many places give me the feels. I guess I'll have to sit this one out. ;)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    San Myshuno
    I love the interactivity and the business of San Myshuno, there's always something to do in the city and that's the main reason why it's my number one, the other worlds are nice and all, but seem so dry and boring sometimes compared to San Myshuno.
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Windenburg
    Windenburg and Brindleton Bay are my favorites. I do love Brindleton Bay because of the beach and deck areas and the lighthouse, but I prefer Windenburg just a little more. Its a pleasant world to be in. I like the style of the buildings, the commercial area with the little cafe, and the beautiful ocean backdrop in the island. I just love the aesthetics of Winderburg.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Willow Creek
    Willow Creek for me. While it’s certainly not the biggest neighborhood, it to me feels like the most cohesive. Even compared to Oasis Springs, which has an identical makeup, WC has so much more detail in the atmosphere.

Windenburg might be bigger, but each neighborhood is so different that all of them could have been part of their own ‘full’ world. Hard to enjoy the atmosphere when it changes drastically from one area to the next. SM is all decoration, and by far my least favorite world.
  • Options
    AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    edited January 2018
    Oasis Springs
    Oasis Springs!
    It's the only "warm" world we have so far. It's also the only fitting location for some wild west themed storytelling and I really like Oasis Spring's beautiful and clear lighting.
  • Options
    LaPetiteFromageLaPetiteFromage Posts: 12 New Member
    San Myshuno
    San Myshuno! I love apartment living. I wish we were able to build apartments in other neighborhoods.
    But I'm hoping a more tropical location shows up at some point.
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    San Myshuno
    San Myshuno is so beautiful until you realize its all backdrop lol
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Newcrest
    I like the challenge of filling Newcrest up and I feel like the only one who isn't a big fan of Windenburg. I rarely have my sims live there though there are a couple of plots I like so it's not all bad.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.