Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

dog problem...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    Yes, avoid sending your pet to the vet for now if you can. Here’s a temporary fix if you do encounter the scared of something bug...

Thanks to @Dojan for these instructions.

To get rid of the moodlet (permanently, until the next time you trigger the bug again) follow these steps.

1. Enable testing cheats by opening the console (Control+Shift+C and typing in testingcheats on)
    2. Get the SimID by the pet affected by the bug by typing in the command sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstNameofPet LastNameofPet
    3. Write down the sim ID written in the console, it'll be a 19 character long string
    4. Remove all moodlets from your pet by typing in sims.remove_all_buffs SimID, e.g. sims.remove_all_buffs 1052442116385935975

What you can do is open up notepad or something in a small window above the game and then type down the SimID there, provided you play in windowed full-screen or windowed mode, and not actual full-screen. You can then copy-paste (Control-C, Control V) the SimID once into the console.

This will clear the negative moodlet. Hopefully a fix for this from the Sims team will come out soon.
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I figured it out lol. My dog's afraid of the agility tunnel :D Now I know why she kept getting afraid without me figuring out why (shoulda known, my RL dog is afraid of these tunnels too xD) If I teach her to use it, is it possible she'll stop being afraid? Anyone know?
  • Options
    caitbrycaitbry Posts: 2 New Member
    Guys what does this mean?! I deleted all the lights of my property. That’s not it. I got rid of my fridge because one of the dogs looked sideways at it. I got rid of their fancy food bowl and got them regular ones. I deleted my more high tech trash can. I got rid of my tv and computer. WHAT IS THIS THING?!?!
  • Options
    caitbrycaitbry Posts: 2 New Member
    Hopefully the picture attaches this time...it’s the thought bubble of a person with a lampshade over their head. I need to know what this means!
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    same thing with my game but a cat, when I ask "what's wrong?" the bubble comes up with a person with a lampshade over the head what do I do about that?

Same here! My dog has the lampshade too and I don’t know what he’s afraid of. It’s driving me nuts!

Could it be insane sims??

Nope. My sims don’t have the insanity trait.

To those of you who figured out your pets’ fears, how did you find out?

I think it means he's afraid of strangers. Not completely sure but my dog has the friendly and jumpy trait and when someone visits my house she gets scared until she warms up to them.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    So the "lampshade" is actually the "cone of shame", lol. Good to know!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    So the "lampshade" is actually the "cone of shame", lol. Good to know!

Idk if that is true because I hadn’t taken my dog to the vet yet and it still has this moodlet. It goes away after awhile but there is no way to calm him. When he is scared of something like the dishwasher I can calm him though.
  • Options
    SoleilStarrSoleilStarr Posts: 1,008 Member
    Yes, avoid sending your pet to the vet for now if you can. Here’s a temporary fix if you do encounter the scared of something bug...

Thanks to @Dojan for these instructions.

To get rid of the moodlet (permanently, until the next time you trigger the bug again) follow these steps.

1. Enable testing cheats by opening the console (Control+Shift+C and typing in testingcheats on)
    2. Get the SimID by the pet affected by the bug by typing in the command sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstNameofPet LastNameofPet
    3. Write down the sim ID written in the console, it'll be a 19 character long string
    4. Remove all moodlets from your pet by typing in sims.remove_all_buffs SimID, e.g. sims.remove_all_buffs 1052442116385935975

What you can do is open up notepad or something in a small window above the game and then type down the SimID there, provided you play in windowed full-screen or windowed mode, and not actual full-screen. You can then copy-paste (Control-C, Control V) the SimID once into the console.

This will clear the negative moodlet. Hopefully a fix for this from the Sims team will come out soon.

Thank you for sharing this with me, it has helped until they roll out a fix!
  • Options
    TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    @SoleilStarr So glad to hear that the temporary fix worked for you.
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • Options
    OlberOlber Posts: 80 Member
    Good to know to not take the animals to the vet for the shots, it does seem to be a bit buggy. I took mine to the vet to spay her, though, and have not encountered any problems with that. She didn't suddenly get scared, still a happy dog running around the house.
  • Options
    Lyk420Lyk420 Posts: 1 New Member
    @ TheSimsBoi13 Thanks! I tried every single gameplay interaction available to me but, nothing worked. I tried removing lamps, adding more light, locking doors. Nothing in gameplay worked.. so, after all my options were spent I retrieved the pet's SimID and removed all buffs. That solved my problem. I think you're right; its a bug which needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    SiMB3lmiN3SiMB3lmiN3 Posts: 3 New Member
    I have discovered that if you have a dog that is always afraid after being at the vet the first time, you can give it for adoption and then adopt it. It changes the traits and relationship though. Is like a reset to the dog.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Has anyone tried TESTING CHEATS - MAKE HOUSEHOLD HAPPY (or whatever it says)?
  • Options
    briannabowlesbriannabowles Posts: 1 New Member
    I did the preventative shot as well, and he has been upset since. I feel terrible.
  • Options
    xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Has anyone tried TESTING CHEATS - MAKE HOUSEHOLD HAPPY (or whatever it says)?

I'm having the same problem and it didn't work (neither did reset object, going in and out of CAS, or repairing my game). I made a post about it a few days ago and apparently it's caused by the preventative shot at the vet clinic. Hopefully the temporary solution helps until the next patch.
    I did the preventative shot as well, and he has been upset since. I feel terrible.

Same! I thought I was being a good pet owner getting the preventative shot and now my cat's traumatized :s
    tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
    I do not own the above gif.

• Options
    MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    Me too, I got that shot! :( and now my dog is in red icon and upset all the time :(

Just an idea. Go to the vet an buy a wellness treat for your pet. Maybe that will make him feel better?
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Mettsen wrote: »
    Me too, I got that shot! :( and now my dog is in red icon and upset all the time :(

Just an idea. Go to the vet an buy a wellness treat for your pet. Maybe that will make him feel better?

Don't do this. The wellness treat is glitched and causes the same issue.
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    I get this every now and then, but not to the point of it being non-removable by a good session of hugs and pettings. The pets haven't got any preventative shots nor wellness treats, but they have been treated by a vet (their owners) whenever they got sick. I'm wondering if the vet equipment in the house and wellness treats in sim inventory (carried around in case meeting sick strays) cause occasional 'vets exist!' panic moment in the pets.