Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

dog problem...

I have a dog. But since few days his icon is red, when i'm asking what's wrong, it says: He is afraid of something, needs a minute to calm down. ut it is not going away! :(
He is not scary type, playful and friendly and loyal. How to solve?
p.s. went to vet clinic, there is nothing wrong, they offered only shot...

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Watch the bubbles, they show what the dog is scared off. I've seen a dog scared of the TV
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Finally I saw - the toilet! :( so? what to do with his upset mood all the time?
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Finally I saw - the toilet! :( so? what to do with his upset mood all the time?

don't let him see the toilet
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Lock the bathroom doors, maybe?
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    hhmm, i'll try that. Thanks
  • Options
    Hunterbro16Hunterbro16 Posts: 1 New Member
    same thing with my game but a cat, when I ask "what's wrong?" the bubble comes up with a person with a lampshade over the head what do I do about that?
  • Options
    TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    same thing with my game but a cat, when I ask "what's wrong?" the bubble comes up with a person with a lampshade over the head what do I do about that?

Same here! My dog has the lampshade too and I don’t know what he’s afraid of. It’s driving me nuts!

Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member

Same here! My dog has the lampshade too and I don’t know what he’s afraid of. It’s driving me nuts!

Could it be insane sims??
  • Options
    SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    Omg, this is so funny. Poor dogs, but still funny :D
  • Options
    TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »

Could it be insane sims??

Nope. My sims don’t have the insanity trait.

To those of you who figured out your pets’ fears, how did you find out?
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • Options
    SimSherriSimSherri Posts: 12 New Member
    Could the lamp shade one be strangers?
  • Options
    SoleilStarrSoleilStarr Posts: 1,008 Member
    I too have the lampshade icon and no idea what it means. It's making me feel awful poor thing keeps whimpering.
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I noted that when your pet is afraid of something, you can ask them what is wrong, they will tell you that they are afraid of something, and need a moment to calm down, there is another option after this that says 'calm pet' or something, that usually helps I find.. :o
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Do your sims have a bar and make drinks? Sometimes, a lamp shade on the head means drunk. Or he could be afraid of the lamp.
  • Options
    I'm going to try removing the lamp. He is just constantly upset, when a skunk frightened him I had the option to calm him, but its not there for this fear.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Okay I've removed the lamp, hes still upset. :( Oh and no I don't have a bar on this lot.
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Okay I've removed the lamp, hes still upset. :( Oh and no I don't have a bar on this lot.

Have you tried to calm him down yet?
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    There is no option to calm him.

When I was playing last night, he got startled by a skunk and it let me calm him. However for this, the option to calm is not appearing.
  • Options

Same here. Mine one afraid of toilet or something, I lock the bathroom doors, still upset :((
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,475 Member
    Hmm...I'm trying to figure out the lampshade on the head. Could that be afraid of the dark? Maybe try adding more lights and keep one on all the time.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    RikubabeRikubabe Posts: 7 New Member
    So I've heard somewhere else that you should avoid getting the "preventative shot" at the vet. Getting the shot gives your pet a negative moodlet that we can't see and lasts for some time as they are afraid of the vet. Just glitchy, I can't wait for the patch!!
  • Options
    I'm wondering if that is it then, I DID get the preventative shot and this started happening right after and won't stop.
  • Options
    Me too, I got that shot! :( and now my dog is in red icon and upset all the time :(
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Lampshade maybe afraid in the dark? = More lights?

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Rikubabe wrote: »
    So I've heard somewhere else that you should avoid getting the "preventative shot" at the vet. Getting the shot gives your pet a negative moodlet that we can't see and lasts for some time as they are afraid of the vet. Just glitchy, I can't wait for the patch!!

I think it's got something to do with that too! Or at least with going to the vet, and it does last a while. It's like they're kinda embarrassed (even if they don't have the cone). I also had one cat throw up a LOT after getting treatment for being ill. It stopped after throwing up around 10 times. Anyone else had that? Is that the treatment makes them a little nauseous?