Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Labor Day Sale?

Hey Simmers! I was looking to get a few Stuff Packs I don't have and was hoping for an Origin Labor Day Sale. Have they ever done one in the past? When do you think the next sale may happen for Stuff Packs?

Comments

• Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    A couple weeks ago they had a Player Appreciation sale. I got quite a few stuff packs there for a good price. Maybe they'll go on sale around Christmas? Lots of game retailers have sales around Christmas.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    They only have stuff packs on sale very rarely and they had them on sale pretty recent if I'm remembering correctly (I think it was for the big summer sale). But my guess is that either Black Friday/Cyber Monday or as a pre-Christmas sale there is a good chance SP will go on sale again. If not then then maybe for end of year.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I don't like how stuff packs don't go on sale often. I've seen sales on here where expansion and game packs go on sale but most of the time stuff packs aren't included in those. I was hoping to get Spooky Stuff for Halloween.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    what's labor day?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    what's labor day?

That's today! It's always the first Monday in September for us in the US. Not sure what it's celebrating exactly, but it IS a federal holiday.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I don't like how stuff packs don't go on sale often. I've seen sales on here where expansion and game packs go on sale but most of the time stuff packs aren't included in those. I was hoping to get Spooky Stuff for Halloween.

I'm sure it'll go on sale in Oct at least. The Spooky Stuff Pack that is. It was on sale last Halloween I think? Somewhere around there.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    what's labor day?

It's a US holiday that basically honors workers, unions, and the contributions workers make to the country. Some other countries have their own labor days, as well, but today is the US's Labor Day.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    SoapSuds wrote: »
    what's labor day?

It's a US holiday that basically honors workers, unions, and the contributions workers make to the country. Some other countries have their own labor days, as well, but today is the US's Labor Day.

It is here in Canada as well.
  • Options
    I have never heard of such day. What are the traditions on that day?
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

the holiday originated as a celebration of labor unions and stuff, but I think today most people see it as an "end of the summer" kind of thing. Like a last chance to go and do summery things- so a lot of people barbecue or go to the beach.

personally I treat it like any other 3 day weekend and get in the extra sleep :)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options

the holiday originated as a celebration of labor unions and stuff, but I think today most people see it as an "end of the summer" kind of thing. Like a last chance to go and do summery things- so a lot of people barbecue or go to the beach.

personally I treat it like any other 3 day weekend and get in the extra sleep :)

okay, cool. Thanks.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member

It's kind of a downer of a holiday. It always meant school was about to start back up.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    @So_Money really? Our kids here where I live started back almost a month and a half ago... last week of july. But then they also adjourn for the summer in late April so...
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Saraluck9090Saraluck9090 Posts: 7 New Member
    labor day stuff is available on you must go there and buy whatever you want.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    It’s a few days yet until Labor Day. Idk if there will be any sales. It would be nice, there is a couple game packs I have very little interest in but I’d buy them for 50% off just for collection purposes.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    This was posted last year, though
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    When stuff packs go on sale, it's almost always a single stuff pack that's in line with a holiday, so if Spooky stuff goes on sale, it will be around Halloween. Probably Romantic Garden around Valentine's day, maybe Backyard stuff around Memorial day, etc.
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Maggiedoll wrote: »
    When stuff packs go on sale, it's almost always a single stuff pack that's in line with a holiday, so if Spooky stuff goes on sale, it will be around Halloween. Probably Romantic Garden around Valentine's day, maybe Backyard stuff around Memorial day, etc.

I think that's when I got Spooky Stuff last year!
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    This was posted last year, though

Thanks for letting people know! haha I was wondering why I had notifications on a post I had bookmarked but didn't remember posting the other day haha