Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 is not unfinished at all

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    RickyPham wrote: »
    I feel as if after the commercial success of Sims 2 they started slacking, hard. I don't even remember the names of the people that worked on the AI and animations for Sims 2, but I can bet most of them are not on the project for Sims 4. The Sims 4 feels like a watered down version in terms of content of Sims 3 with the graphics of Sims 2, with a deeeeeep cut in gameplay/immersion from all of the Sims combined.
    I agree.
    TS4 team needs to bring back this guy:
    ou5bna.jpg
    Like really bad.
    #HireTimLeTourneauOrSomeoneWhoHelpedProduceTS2BecauseYallNeedHelp

We need Will Wright
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I feel as if after the commercial success of Sims 2 they started slacking, hard. I don't even remember the names of the people that worked on the AI and animations for Sims 2, but I can bet most of them are not on the project for Sims 4. The Sims 4 feels like a watered down version in terms of content of Sims 3 with the graphics of Sims 2, with a deeeeeep cut in gameplay/immersion from all of the Sims combined.
    I agree.
    ou5bna.jpg
    Like really bad.

Ah yes!!

So great they named sims 2 Marco Polo after him!

That was such a nice Easter egg. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    edited July 2017
    Will Wright actually hated the Sims 2. No offense to him but the franchise is better off without him :#
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Will Wright actually hated the Sims 2. No offense to him but the franchise is better off without him :#

:s
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

He came up with the sims lol I didn't know he hated the sims 2 lol. He even worked on it.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2017
    Orchid13 wrote: »

He came up with the sims lol I didn't know he hated the sims 2 lol. He even worked on it.

He did not 'hate' The Sims 2. He oversaw the base game. He isn't fond of doing sequels and he did say it was excruciating
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »

He did not 'hate' The Sims 2. He oversaw the base game. He isn't fond of doing sequels and he did say it was excruciating

Imagine how he felt about the sims 4
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited July 2017
    Well the way and speed things have been added doesn't seem to follow more traditional pack releases or indeed any plan that the average simmer can follow. So it is impossible to know whether or not we will get those things which will make the game feel complete. After the introduction of toddlers it is impossible to say that we will never get missing items. Only recently on Twitter I saw a Guru asking for ideas about cars which did make my heart beat a little faster until I renenbered there is no Open World.

I think some will be satisfied with getting missing items no matter the wait, no matter the delivery. It would be good if there was some new features in the mix to make things more interesting as well. However for some without the missing core features and no guarantees for the future this gradual approach is too little and far too late.

Edited for auto text which has been told off and made to stand in the corner.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I agree.
    ou5bna.jpg
    Like really bad.

I'm glad you said it. I have thought this many many MANY times, but was never brave enough to say it. :triumph:
  • Options
    I agree.
    ou5bna.jpg
    Like really bad.

I'm glad you said it. I have thought this many many MANY times, but was never brave enough to say it. :triumph:

why not? Clearly this team needs someone to attempt to save this game
    21mbz47.jpg