Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Island in Windenburg is utterly devastating

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited June 2017
    island.jpg
    ^ Sniff it people - sniff it.

EDIT:
    I rotated it for convenience:
    Capture2.jpg
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    island.jpg

EDIT:
    Capture2.jpg

Looks like the only way that island can be accessed is by helicopter.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Karallyne wrote: »
    then just delete the other houses and live on it alone....

Yes you can delete the others but sims we still come to it.

To the OP.
    Agreed it shouldn of been private.
    Sims will alway turn up with how the sims 4 lots and public spades are designed tho.
    Island p had quite a few private islands to plus you can
    Build anything on them.
    Swim
    Dive
    Build and move house boats
    The world is huge.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

To the OP.
    Sims will alway turn up with how the sims 4 lots and public spades are designed tho.
    Build anything on them.
    Swim
    Dive
    The world is huge.

suuuuuure, when it actually worked.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »

To the OP.
    Build anything on them.
    Swim
    Dive
    The world is huge.

suuuuuure, when it actually worked.

When what worked?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    No sims visit the main island except the mailperson. Its why all my main sims live their no walkbys EVER. Its a beautiful place to live. The Bluffs, above is actually a party place for sims so they may well turn up there if an invite to a crazy party is accepted. There is a portal on the Bluffs so they can come and go at will if they live there but no one will arrive unless invited like the party invite over the phone.
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    island.jpg

EDIT:
    Capture2.jpg

How did you move a sim there, it doesn't give u the option to make it residential, nor does the arrow thing come up in the lower right corner to create a sim to move in.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I like the island as it is and I play with all of the households on it. It's still quite elitist in my game. I haven't yet had someone move into the little empty lot, but I will at some point. It will be a bit amusing to have some eccentric in a ramshackle shack move in there, largely to annoy Sergio who is quite snobby and avaricious in my game.

No, I've never seen anyone randomly walk by there. All of the families on the island have at least vaguely aristocratic ties in the version that I'm playing.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    GalaxyUnicornSimmerGalaxyUnicornSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    What I am doing is I have the island as a family owned island. I have my island full of people of the same family. But I'm sure removing the other houses it would work as well.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's a neighborhood, not a private residence.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    You can delete the other houses. And then it's all yours! :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    It's a neighborhood, not a private residence.

Exactly. All my DS Sims live in houses I built for the island, I might get back to my 'stories' if they ever fine tune Origin and this buggy game. Until then I built them all over again for TS2. It just wouldn't make sense if that was a private island though no walkbys ever happen anyway. Since David has to run thru the woods to spy on Barnanbas and the island is the perfect place to live to do that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I use the Island for all my historical stories, have never seen another sim walk by except for the mail woman. For my part I am very happy that there are several lots since that mean that I can play out a story using several lots and buildings without having to any other sims than the ones that I placed on the Island.

Would like to have one more area like this with different scenery :)
  • Options
    aloadaialoadai Posts: 51 Member
    Wow, first time I see someone hate this island. I have no problem with there being several lots, like many players here. I don't care to have a big island for my sim, but you do, so just take the advice of others and delete the other lots, so that only your house is there.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    When Pets is released, I'm restarting my game again and will play with the island residents in Windenburg. The bluffs will be a hang-out for a teenage club.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    What I am doing is I have the island as a family owned island. I have my island full of people of the same family. But I'm sure removing the other houses it would work as well.

I em going to try this out too @GalaxyUnicornSimmer A new family of adults to split up and re-house on the island with their own pets and, maybe moving one or two to the new world.