Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who does NOT want laundry?

14567810...Next

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Or Housekeeping 101. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    we do not really have a lot of housekeeping yet. but if we get a chore pack its something we can get our kids to do or teens. but I would rather take the car keys lol
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    I feel rather neutral about laundry. When I first saw it in TS3 I really liked the idea, but after a while it's just "meh". Even annoying sometimes, with the mess and how quicky the laundry basket gets full.
    A lot of people are pretty excited about the beekeeping, but to be honest, it was one of the most boring things in the Sims games overall for me. I guess I'll need the more detailed description to make my mind about the gameplay feature, because at the moment, nothing really appeals to me in particular.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Stormsview wrote: »
    we do not really have a lot of housekeeping yet. but if we get a chore pack its something we can get our kids to do or teens. but I would rather take the car keys lol

Actually kids could not do laundry in Sims 3 - it was Ya and up.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I can't think of anything more boring than laundry. If thats what the community voted pack ends up being, then no thanks from me.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I want laundry, but not in this pack. Therefor, I voted for food preservation, that actually makes sense.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SimaniacgirlSimaniacgirl Posts: 34 Member
    I wouldn't mind having the washtub and clothes line, but a washing machine and dryer doesn't fit my idea of Eco, and that's why I voted for the theme. I'd rather this pack focus on eco stuff, laundry can be added in something else. It's not as if the idea will be thrown away if it doesn't win!
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Although here's the bright side if laundry wins it will be in an SP and we won't be in danger of it taking up a GP or EP coming out we want to buy because of other content. Although if it's just a theme issue and not a "I don't like laundry" issue I suppose this doesn't help much. :/
    It makes me happy though easier to skip it.

I will be sad if the losing features aren't implemented at some point though, Laundry because there would be riots without it and the others because they just sound like fun to play and I want to see them.
  • Options
    HucklekreeHucklekree Posts: 129 Member
    I do not want laundry.
  • Options
    Hucklekree wrote: »
    I do not want laundry.

Me either. I love everything in the stuff pack but I don't want any part of laundry - I have all I can take of it in Sims 3. So I really hope the pack doesn't get ruined due to laundry which is not very eco minded. I had to laugh as they tried to make it Eco friendly with the lines and hand washing tub they claim does not use water. Makes me wonder what are they washing their clothes in then? Too funny and yet another way to show games are anything but realistic even a life simulation game.

But if it wins in laundry it will be especially sad that an eco pack will not have solar and wind power. How ironic is that?

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    please, please, please don't make it laundry...
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Again i will repeat what will you do if laundry wins the vote?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    I really want those solar panels.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't want laundry. It seems time consuming and repetitive and there is no real incentive. People want laundry not because it's exciting or different, but for realism? When has sims ever been about realism? We have vampires. Sims poof away to work. Babies either appear from thin air or are pulled out of their mothers wrapped in blankets. Its sunny always, people get gas and giggles (??) and ghosts just come around to say hey and discuss neighborhood changes! The sims will never be one hundred percent realistic and I don't see the point in adding something so tedious when we could get something much cooler instead.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Jeez what difference does it make to you. Probably do the same thing I do when I don't like other things in a pack but like everything else don't use the items I don't like and possibly be sad that in an ECO FRIENDLY pack we don't have solar panels and wind mills - which we should have in a theme called ECO FRIENDLY. But it shouldn't matter to you what we who don't pick laundry do really.

I like most of the stuff in the pack - so what's the issue here that you need to know?

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    I don't want laundry too. I'm not against laundry in general, but not in a pack named and themed eco living, washer and dryer are everything except ecological.
    Now if laundry wins, i hope they'll passed down the 3 ideas to the GP team to make a real GP about ecology.
  • Options
    PhloxPhlox Posts: 32 Member
    I found laundry annoying in Sims 3 and do so in real life as well - I'd rather not repeat the drudgery. I get that people like to play as realistically as possible, but the whole idea of managing virtual piles of clothes just, well, bores me.

I'm crossing my fingers for 'off the grid' - or any of the other options. I won't be sobbing into my pillow if laundry is chosen - it was just nice to be given a chance to participate in the SP process.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Phlox wrote: »
    I found laundry annoying in Sims 3 and do so in real life as well - I'd rather not repeat the drudgery. I get that people like to play as realistically as possible, but the whole idea of managing virtual piles of clothes just, well, bores me.

I'm crossing my fingers for 'off the grid' - or any of the other options. I won't be sobbing into my pillow if laundry is chosen - it was just nice to be given a chance to participate in the SP process.

Same. Laundry wasn't annoying to me, it was the pile of clothes left behind. The lack of excitement too. Barely any of my homes had it because it was really something I viewed as for rich sims because it was so expensive. And I never played rich sims. If I had money to spare I'd rather take my sims on vacation, or get them a new thing for their home they would enjoy and look forward to after work. Laundry just doesn't offer that for me. I'm not sure if I'll even buy the pack if laundry wins. I'm not a huge fan of the objects, they're not at all like the style vote pictures. The clothes aren't too exciting and kids get nothing basically. I just hope that laundry doesn't win because this is honestly on the verge of me not buying it. Its ok. I'll put my money towards other things like packs that contain things I want, or a new EP hopefully involving farms.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I wanted laundry, and I also signed the petition for even more household chores. But compared to off the grid and food preserving laundry pales, so I didn't vote for it. I won't complain if laundry wins (it's what I wanted, after all), but feel a little sad knowing what had to be sacrificed for it.
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    It seems to me laundry would have fit in better with parenthood. (even though I have no interest in being required to do laundry)
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

Why are you still asking?
    This is like me asking if you want laundry. You have made your answer clear already many people here have also already answered this question and made their position clear.
    What do you want us to say? That we will break down crying in mortification and lay in our beds unable to summon the Will power to move for weeks after laundry wins? Do you want us to say we will buy it anyways and then spam the forms about how much we hate it because we don't want or enjoy laundry? Most of the responses have basically been like "*shrug* c'est la vie" do you not think this is a decent response?
    Seriously why are you asking this non stop everywhere?!
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I went with Food Preservation. I'm good with my CC decorative laundry stuff, I can have the homey look of a laundry room without being bothered with it as a chore in game. After cleaning the bathroom it's my least favorite IRL chore, I don't really want to be bothered with it during my fun time. The canning seemed like more fun.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited June 2017
    To answer your original question OP, I don't really see how laundry fits into the eco friendly theme either. LOL I mean, it's an "ok" feature that I don't mind being in the game for the players who do want it, but it's not a stuff pack that I would personally purchase, and it's just not eco related in my mind.

I won't be mad if they go that route, I just won't buy it (much like I didn't buy the fitness pack that just came out or the bowling pack.) Stuff packs are really niche themes, so like I said, I don't mind if the themes aren't something I'd like to purchase, but I'm definitely hoping they go the off grid or carbon conscious routes, cause I've passed on two of them already and would really enjoy seeing a theme I am interested in make an appearance!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Laundry might be cool eventually but not in this pack. I frankly think it should have been included in the Parenthood GP but whatever, that's a done deal now lmao Laundry is pretty much last on my list of things I'd want to see. I'd even rather see the Carbon Conscious one than Laundry, and that one left me highly unimpressed.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World