Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who does NOT want laundry?

Comments

• IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    Continuing this conversation; I'd be interested to know how Jam Making would shape out.

Collectible jars, growing new fruit, and the ability to eat jams for different moodlets would be pretty cool -- if not a bit basic.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Izzabelle wrote: »
    Continuing this conversation; I'd be interested to know how Jam Making would shape out.

Collectible jars, growing new fruit, and the ability to eat jams for different moodlets would be pretty cool -- if not a bit basic.

what will you do if laundry wins the majoraty of the votes june 23 i am not the only player that wents to see this feature return since my vote is already decided and i will be voting for laundry?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    edited June 2017

If jam making gets added it would be cool to get to use your jams to make toast w/jam or it gets used up from making a pb & j sandwich. And get a special moodlet, like you said even if you're eating the jam as an ingredient in something.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200

what will you do if laundry wins the majoraty of the votes june 23 i am not the only player that wents to see this feature return since my vote is already decided and i will be voting for laundry?
    As I've stated elsewhere; I am opposed to laundry as my actual vote in the face of everything else presented to us. But I was indifferent to the idea of laundry in the first place. I don't mind if laundry wins out. I'll be a little disappointed, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

If it does win, I'll probs just buy the pack for the build items and clothing.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

As I've stated elsewhere; I am opposed to laundry as my actual vote in the face of everything else presented to us. But I was indifferent to the idea of laundry in the first place. I don't mind if laundry wins out. I'll be a little disappointed, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

This is how I feel. I actually do believe laundry will come in this stuff pack or sooner. I probably won't use it in most or any of my sims homes. However I see this vote as a way simmers can say what they want in the future also .. so I will be voting for things I do want to see in the game as a whole.
    For me I want canning, necter making, beekeeping, a chicken coop, candlemaking and things along those lines. I even want servo back. I'm not pushing what I want down anyone's throat or being selfish about it in anyway. It wasn't even in my brainstorm session but it was as exciting to see things I've been hoping for on a list. Therefore I'm voting in the hopes I'll be heard and hopefully others will be also.
    egTcBMc.png

If jam making gets added it would be cool to get to use your jams to make toast w/jam or it gets used up from making a pb & j sandwich. And get a special moodlet, like you said even if you're eating the jam as an ingredient in something.
    I think jam making would be pretty hilarious if you could pack them into sack lunches for kids :D
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

This is how I feel. I actually do believe laundry will come in this stuff pack or sooner. I probably won't use it in most or any of my sims homes. However I see this vote as a way simmers can say what they want in the future also .. so I will be voting for things I do want to see in the game as a whole.
    For me I want canning, necter making, beekeeping, a chicken coop, candlemaking and things along those lines. I even want servo back. I'm not pushing what I want down anyone's throat or being selfish about it in anyway. It wasn't even in my brainstorm session but it was as exciting to see things I've been hoping for on a list. Therefore I'm voting in the hopes I'll be heard and hopefully others will be also.
    Yeah, it's not actually as big a deal if laundry wins (or loses) as some people are making it out to be. The vote is still very important information regardless.

I saw the chicken coop in the list; I'd vote for that if there were some sort of little mini game about caring for your chicks/chickens. Sounds like a mini Pets sort of thing.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    maybe some of you should have a look at this thread to see how many have ask for laundry to return in the sims4 http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899024/352-sigs-raise-your-voice-for-laundry-no-seriously/p24
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    maybe some of you should have a look at this thread to see how many have ask for laundry to return in the sims4 http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/899024/352-sigs-raise-your-voice-for-laundry-no-seriously/p24
    Why would we need a thread letting us know people want laundry? We know this already -- this thread is for those who don't want laundry and what we might like instead. :D
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    That link is forum based . .are you maybe forgetting the rest of the world, the ones that don't come to the forums, ever. They get a say too. So until the vote is done and over with, it doesn't matter how many sigs are on it. It won't be a true basis in fact.

If they do add Jam Making/canning in, I hope we can make our own "recipes" like we did with nectar making in Sims 3. Although I hope it's a bit more expanded on (canning) then it was in TS3. Pottery would be amazing, making different deco items, similar to the wood working one. And if bee keeping was added, I am hoping for a bit more gameplay on that as well.
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    That link is forum based . .are you maybe forgetting the rest of the world, the ones that don't come to the forums, ever. They get a say too. So until the vote is done and over with, it doesn't matter how many sigs are on it. It won't be a true basis in fact.

This is true. I suspect only a small portion of simmers actually go on the forums. Me for example, I've had this account since 2011 and only have a bit over 200 because I only recently(ish) started hanging around the forums.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    As I was saying in the another thread, doing laundry = washing dishes, real but painful (god hand and dish washers have a say on how people love that). And I guess I want something beyond just moodlets, I wanna craft personalized objects, influence their bills, a life changing career or aspiration, new traits, or just something exciting. Gimme the thrills.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    edited June 2017
    IMO I think that the vote may contain about 5 or so of the ideas on the list. I am curious though since Graham did confirm that Laundry will definitely be one of the options, if based on this list it will be divided into 2 separate ways to do laundry?

For example:
    1) Laundry Clothesline/Washtub- Sims doing laundry without the wastefulness of washing and drying machines that waste electricity and water.

2) Flower Arranging- Sims can now utilize the various flowers they grow and harvest in the wild to make beautiful flower arrangements to decorate their homes, sell in their stores, yard sales, and flee markets (GTW & CL). Can also be sold directly through inventory.

3) Nectar Making- Sims can mix various fruits and other harvestables together to make nectar that sims can name, drink, and sell. In addition, your sim children will also benefit from being able "sell" homemade juice with the new portable lemonade stand.

4) Canning/Jam making- Sims can now make delicious jams and jellies from the havestables in their gardens. They can also preserve meals and and jams and jellies that will not spoil (each jar contains 4 servings and will not have a spoil counter until a sim takes a serving). Can be stored on shelf till opened (then in the fridge), as well as sold at flee markets, and retail lots.

5) Laundry Washer and Dryers- Functional washers and dryers for sims to wash their clothes and decorate their homes with.

This is just an example of some of the things on the list and a sample description. But if the laundry was split with two very different ideas (one being eco-friendly, one not so much) would make me really want to actually see the voting numbers live :o

Edit: I have NO connection with EA, these descriptions are only what popped in my head.
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    I don't mind having laundry, its something for my teenage sims to do as chores lol
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member

I think jam making would be pretty hilarious if you could pack them into sack lunches for kids :D
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

Yeah, it's not actually as big a deal if laundry wins (or loses) as some people are making it out to be. The vote is still very important information regardless.

I saw the chicken coop in the list; I'd vote for that if there were some sort of little mini game about caring for your chicks/chickens. Sounds like a mini Pets sort of thing.

I love this idea and how cute would toddlers be if they could eat from a jam jar and make a mess and get all grubby?!! ☺
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    Another reason Laundry sort of annoys me for my own Sims houses just to get a clean clothes moodlet is the mess the sims leave all over the place no matter how many hampers you place. The hampers are another addition I don't want in every single room to not have the mess as lets face it who wants 10 hampers in their house? Mine will change to go in a shower, change to come out a shower, come in from work and change. Then if you are sending them somewhere they change again - then change to get into bed - every time they change they drop clothes on the floor where ever they are so it means you need hampers in every room. Not the kind of decor I want 10 of in my houses and they take the full space of other items I would rather have in these various rooms. My kids rooms rarely have spare space just with the normal stuff. And really do I want a hamper in my living and dining rooms?NO! I also don't want to see piles of dirty clothes - like I am not one of the people that even cares for the dirty clothes on the floor decor - never -NEVER use it - so I definitely do not want dirty clothes decor that can start to stink on top of looking messy.

In real life I am super neat and very organized. Everything is in it's place. Nothing makes me crazier than have something out of place or filth lying around. We have one hamper and it is in the Utility closet. That is where dirty clothes go and when it is full hubby drops it off on his way to work to the laundry - picks up the clean clothes on his way home - which I immediately put every thing in it's proper place in the bureaus or closets, I like my sims homes to look the same as I keep my own. So if they get washers - they need to not require a gazillion hampers and add programming to make sims put their crap in the laundry hamper when they change or like in Sims 3 - not one of my households will have washers and dryers. My sims did sometimes go to the laundromat - but I did it more for the "meet new people" and social aspect of the Sims laundromats.

Granted I know this is just my way of being and my opinion - never mind the fact that washers waste a lot of energy and water - I am eco minded and if folks want to do hand wash with homemade "green" safe soap and hang to dry every day - that I could find acceptable - but I really do not want items that make a home look nasty nor need a dozen hampers either. (Like I never use grunge look stuff. My sims never wear tattered looking clothing either - don't care how big a style it is - I want no part of hole-y or worn out looked clothing. Unless it is like a witches house or part of a story or maybe a haunted house.) But If a sim can walk up 2 flights of stairs to wash a single dirty plate then why can't they take off their nasty clothes and walk to a bathroom hamper from other rooms? As a lot of hamper-wasted spaces is not a solution in eco living either where tiny home is more like you see in eco-living.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Would enjoy beekeeping a lot. If it ends up on the list it is one of those things that I could see myself voting for depending on the blurb.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Another reason Laundry sort of annoys me for my own Sims houses just to get a clean clothes moodlet is the mess the sims leave all over the place no matter how many hampers you place. The hampers are another addition I don't want in every single room to not have the mess as lets face it who wants 10 hampers in their house? Mine will change to go in a shower, change to come out a shower, come in from work and change. Then if you are sending them somewhere they change again - then change to get into bed - every time they change they drop clothes on the floor where ever they are so it means you need hampers in every room. Not the kind of decor I want 10 of in my houses and they take the full space of other items I would rather have in these various rooms. My kids rooms rarely have spare space just with the normal stuff. And really do I want a hamper in my living and dining rooms?NO! I also don't want to see piles of dirty clothes - like I am not one of the people that even cares for the dirty clothes on the floor decor - never -NEVER use it - so I definitely do not want dirty clothes decor that can start to stink on top of looking messy.

In real life I am super neat and very organized. Everything is in it's place. Nothing makes me crazier than have something out of place or filth lying around. We have one hamper and it is in the Utility closet. That is where dirty clothes go and when it is full hubby drops it off on his way to work to the laundry - picks up the clean clothes on his way home - which I immediately put every thing in it's proper place in the bureaus or closets, I like my sims homes to look the same as I keep my own. So if they get washers - they need to not require a gazillion hampers and add programming to make sims put their plum in the laundry hamper when they change or like in Sims 3 - not one of my households will have washers and dryers. My sims did sometimes go to the laundromat - but I did it more for the "meet new people" and social aspect of the Sims laundromats.

Granted I know this is just my way of being and my opinion - never mind the fact that washers waste a lot of energy and water - I am eco minded and if folks want to do hand wash with homemade "green" safe soap and hang to dry every day - that I could find acceptable - but I really do not want items that make a home look nasty nor need a dozen hampers either. (Like I never use grunge look stuff. My sims never wear tattered looking clothing either - don't care how big a style it is - I want no part of hole-y or worn out looked clothing. Unless it is like a witches house or part of a story or maybe a haunted house.) But If a sim can walk up 2 flights of stairs to wash a single dirty plate then why can't they take off their nasty clothes and walk to a bathroom hamper from other rooms? As a lot of hamper-wasted spaces is not a solution in eco living either where tiny home is more like you see in eco-living.

So that's really what laundry was like in TS3? I didn't get to play it. Played 1, 2, and was lifeing and trying my hand at adulting (lol B) ) when 3 came out. I chose 4 over 3 when I took up sims again. I was super surprised when Eco won, I still am. I had never had laundry in TS and so didn't know what it was like play wise or how it was implemented, kinda curious actually. So I wasn't for nor against it. But now. . . .
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    The only way I could tolerate it was hire a butler. I finally figured out as long as I did not add a washer and dryer in the house or any of sets hampers (the decor ones were okay for ambiance but not the ones that came with the washer and dryer) the Sim went about life changing clothes as normal. So I stopped trying to put any in the house. Oh and beware of the cheaper ones besides breaking constantly and upsetting the household - they made a racket that drove the sims batty - The whole household- so even for a story for poor sims besides the mess of dirty clothes that got the green stink like bad food if you didn't have hampers - they also had the addition of everyone complaining of the noise.

The best bet don't put them in your house - build laundromats if you feel you must have that reality. These seem to be good places to go to meet other Sims. I liked to go to them when my sim was in the college.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > Another reason Laundry sort of annoys me for my own Sims houses just to get a clean clothes moodlet is the mess the sims leave all over the place no matter how many hampers you place. The hampers are another addition I don't want in every single room to not have the mess as lets face it who wants 10 hampers in their house? Mine will change to go in a shower, change to come out a shower, come in from work and change. Then if you are sending them somewhere they change again - then change to get into bed - every time they change they drop clothes on the floor where ever they are so it means you need hampers in every room. Not the kind of decor I want 10 of in my houses and they take the full space of other items I would rather have in these various rooms. My kids rooms rarely have spare space just with the normal stuff. And really do I want a hamper in my living and dining rooms?NO! I also don't want to see piles of dirty clothes - like I am not one of the people that even cares for the dirty clothes on the floor decor - never -NEVER use it - so I definitely do not want dirty clothes decor that can start to stink on top of looking messy.
    >
    > In real life I am super neat and very organized. Everything is in it's place. Nothing makes me crazier than have something out of place or filth lying around. We have one hamper and it is in the Utility closet. That is where dirty clothes go and when it is full hubby drops it off on his way to work to the laundry - picks up the clean clothes on his way home - which I immediately put every thing in it's proper place in the bureaus or closets, I like my sims homes to look the same as I keep my own. So if they get washers - they need to not require a gazillion hampers and add programming to make sims put their plum in the laundry hamper when they change or like in Sims 3 - not one of my households will have washers and dryers. My sims did sometimes go to the laundromat - but I did it more for the "meet new people" and social aspect of the Sims laundromats.
    >
    > Granted I know this is just my way of being and my opinion - never mind the fact that washers waste a lot of energy and water - I am eco minded and if folks want to do hand wash with homemade "green" safe soap and hang to dry every day - that I could find acceptable - but I really do not want items that make a home look nasty nor need a dozen hampers either. (Like I never use grunge look stuff. My sims never wear tattered looking clothing either - don't care how big a style it is - I want no part of hole-y or worn out looked clothing. Unless it is like a witches house or part of a story or maybe a haunted house.) But If a sim can walk up 2 flights of stairs to wash a single dirty plate then why can't they take off their nasty clothes and walk to a bathroom hamper from other rooms? As a lot of hamper-wasted spaces is not a solution in eco living either where tiny home is more like you see in eco-living.

@Writin >Thanks for your warnings about the washers. I hope they make it a lot easier for us and not repeat what everyone hated about it the first times around.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member

Sigh regretfully, raise a glass to the Dangerous Stuff Pack That Might Have Been, and buy it anyway. :P

Sigh regretfully, raise a glass to the Dangerous Stuff Pack That Might Have Been, and buy it anyway. :P

LOL I forget my exact vote order, but I remember a lengthy conversation with friends about how are Sims might die in such a pack.

it got kind of dark kind of fast.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm on the fence. I just think it won't add as much game play as say an eco-friendly aspiration*, or a career, or even a trait. All we'll get is a moodlet for doing the laundry, and like Writing_Reg said, it'll make a mess on the house anyway. I still think it would be a welcomed addition, but maybe add it in another stuff pack related to house care (there's a whole stuff pack theme in there).

*I say this but I don't know how an eco-friendly aspiration would work if there's nothing else related to eco living we'll be getting. So maybe voting for this aspiration will force them in adding more eco-friendly interactions? One can hope.
  • diisnerddiisnerd Posts: 52 Member
    I really don't want laundry. I hate doing laundry IRL, why would I want to do it in the sims? If they DID add in laundry, I hope it will be something that won't negatively impact your sims if you choose to play without. I would rather have the Eco friendly and Eco hate traits!

I'm also not crazy about a canning/jam thing though I would prefer it over laundry. At least that would give my gardening sims something else to do and sell at the flea market, maybe.

I would really like pottery! And planting in re-purposed bathtubs. Tiny Home furniture would be awesome! I would die of happiness for more gardening stuff as well. I have been wanting a greenhouse, and growing plants on lattices would be amazing! However, with not much to do with said plants it's a little frustrating. If they did do canning, I would hope that it would mean they could can stuff and then not have to pay for food. Like shopping for groceries in the early sims games.
  • diisnerddiisnerd Posts: 52 Member

I wanted Dangerous Stuff SO DANG BAD! I'm always looking for more ways to kill of sims! Plus imagine having daredevil sims and better criminal careers and vigilantes and-- *sob*
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    well > @diisnerd said:
    > I really don't want laundry. I hate doing laundry IRL, why would I want to do it in the sims? If they DID add in laundry, I hope it will be something that won't negatively impact your sims if you choose to play without. I would rather have the Eco friendly and Eco hate traits!
    >
    > I'm also not crazy about a canning/jam thing though I would prefer it over laundry. At least that would give my gardening sims something else to do and sell at the flea market, maybe.
    >
    > I would really like pottery! And planting in re-purposed bathtubs. Tiny Home furniture would be awesome! I would die of happiness for more gardening stuff as well. I have been wanting a greenhouse, and growing plants on lattices would be amazing! However, with not much to do with said plants it's a little frustrating. If they did do canning, I would hope that it would mean they could can stuff and then not have to pay for food. Like shopping for groceries in the early sims games.

Well, all that can come under Our new (Chore Pack) canning, with laundering, ironing sweeping vacuuming the floors window washing. wow, I just made that up but it would be a cool pack.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor