Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is basically a scam....

Comments

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Where are all the people who begged for a new fitness pack. they should stand up and be happy because they won. I heard people asking for a lot of things. but sorry I miss the ones that were bagging for a new fitness pack.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    edited June 2017
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Why are people so desperate, that they are extracting codes and files. They are looking and hoping for fun in the game. maybe a reason or something to be happy over. Point to me is you all are playing the games alone. . So no matter what they give you. It won't matter if you do not at lease have one friend to be in your game to enjoy it with. I never hear any talk of anyone wanting others in the game or and online game.. What year is this 2017, and you all are talking like its 1999, and you do not have a clue.

Nah, I think it's just fun. Some people like peeking into code. It's like mystery-solving. It's a game. It's a way of playing. Used to be people took radios apart and put them back together for fun; today it's code.

And no idea what trying to see if you can figure out what's coming next is has to do with playing online or making friends? People do these things for themselves. And they share them with others because enjoying things together with a group of fellow enthusiasts is also fun. My main hobby is photography. It's the ultimate do-it-alone activity. Me, intently focused through a lens; I will literally not hear all your words if you're speaking to me in that moment. But you know what's also really fun? Going out on a photo walk with a bunch of other photographers, even though our photographs will have nothing to do with each other's apart from being made in the same space.

Enjoying solving puzzles is normal and common, not a sign that there's something wrong with the puzzle or the person solving it. Enjoying sharing a hobby is normal and common, even when the hobby is a fundamental solitary one. This is as true in 2017 as it was in 1999 as it was in 1979 (decided to pick the year before I first used a computer) as it was in 1900.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Where are all the people who begged for a new fitness pack. they should stand up and be happy because they won. I heard people asking for a lot of things. but sorry I miss the ones that were bagging for a new fitness pack.

There have been lots of requests for a rock-climbing wall in the Ideas Corner and on Twitter, and I'm pretty sure I saw those on Reddit too (I don't do Facebook). The Sims 3 one was popular. There were lots of people saying they were really happy to see that we were getting one when it was announced. But that was over a week ago, so maybe they're done saying it out loud where you'll see it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member

Not cause people ask something that it mean we will get it, they make some packs that wasn't asked.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    calling it a scam seems like going too far
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2017
    Don't laugh!
    I have the answer. Now when you guys had dogs and cats in the other sims packs You had to train them right lol.
    sooo, hahaha. Now the reason Maybe and I am saying maybe. they have used this coding and just switched the dogs and cats for our kids and teens. that's why it's in parenthood. Because you have to train the kids like you did the dog. But they still call it dog or cat but could mean now in 2017 to the computer coding dog training could be the same as kid training ROFL. so everyone is right :)

Carrying a toddler upstairs, or a toddler learning to climb the stairs, is also similar -- so maybe Pets had to wait until the toddlers were patched in.

They can use similar mechanics with training a pet and training a toddler/child (probably without the chance cards though), but you'd still have to have specific code referencing "cat" or "dog", separate from the code referencing "child" or "toddler". (And how do we paper train our puppies with no newspapers? :o )
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Why are people so desperate, that they are extracting codes and files. They are looking and hoping for fun in the game. maybe a reason or something to be happy over. Point to me is you all are playing the games alone. . So no matter what they give you. It won't matter if you do not at lease have one friend to be in your game to enjoy it with. I never hear any talk of anyone wanting others in the game or and online game.. What year is this 2017, and you all are talking like its 1999, and you do not have a clue.

Most of the code has been found by folks creating or updating mods -- you have to look into the code to figure out what you have to change. And I've seen plenty of people requesting online features, hopefully better done that what we got in Sims 3 Showtime.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Instead of moving forwards with the series expanding on the packs and adding more features of the same concept, we go backwards making them smaller and smaller for the same price. $40 F O U R T Y for dogs & cats. And you know what's the kicker? They will probably say something along the lines of 'We added enivormental traits that affect how they move, what they eat, how fast they learn' or some cra p and continue on saying 'We felt they deserved to be in a pack by itself to make them really fleshed out' to make it seem they are really in depth...

ETA: Yes I am depending on some retailer, the past listings have always been true and this won't be any different. Even if it is actually not real, then it gives the devs the idea that cutting packs into smaller and smaller will not please us.

But like...do we know what's even in the Pets EP?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

There have been lots of requests for a rock-climbing wall in the Ideas Corner and on Twitter, and I'm pretty sure I saw those on Reddit too (I don't do Facebook). The Sims 3 one was popular. There were lots of people saying they were really happy to see that we were getting one when it was announced. But that was over a week ago, so maybe they're done saying it out loud where you'll see it.

For some players, Sims 4 might be their first Sims game but might have seen the climbing wall on YouTube videos. And there were plenty of players who couldn't buy Sims 3 Store content. I'm sure they'll appreciate the wall. And I'm looking forward to the new take on the item, along with a return of earbuds (I don't have to worry about all my Sims crowding into the home office to dance to the radio in there!) and TV workout videos (which will be handy for my Sims in apartments who need to work out for their jobs but I don't feel like sending them to the gym every day).
  • Options
    you can also click on your sims and send them for a jog. that way you get to see the neighborhood, and they get out of the house.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

For some players, Sims 4 might be their first Sims game but might have seen the climbing wall on YouTube videos. And there were plenty of players who couldn't buy Sims 3 Store content. I'm sure they'll appreciate the wall. And I'm looking forward to the new take on the item, along with a return of earbuds (I don't have to worry about all my Sims crowding into the home office to dance to the radio in there!) and TV workout videos (which will be handy for my Sims in apartments who need to work out for their jobs but I don't feel like sending them to the gym every day).

The rock climbing wall is new for me I wish it had been part of a larger sports/hobbies GP but I didn't even know it existed in ts3 till I saw some people saying so here on the forums.
  • Options
    you can also click on your sims and send them for a jog. that way you get to see the neighborhood, and they get out of the house.

After two and a half years, it's a bit old. I'm looking forward to adding the home-exercise alternative of indoor aerobics.
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited June 2017
    Movotti wrote: »
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »
    I'll refrase everything I said I'm not saying people are lying .I'm just saying I haven't see any proof it in any of my folders for Sims 4 and I'm not talking about Mod folders or whatever people were thinking I meant.I do not wish to argue with people I was just trying to explain what I meant moving on not fighting about it anymore.

You won't find them by looking in your regular Sims folders. They're hidden in the games code and you have to use a special program to locate them. That's what people have been trying to tell you.

I'm not looking in a regular folder I've said that over and over god will peopl read

What program are you using to look in the folder?

I'm not using any program .I don't wanna talk about this anymore it's old .I've explained my point of view I've said I'm sorry I'm done talking about it.

There's your problem!

You're not going to see anything if you don't use the right program!

It's like trying to watch a movie on your computer, when you don't have any programs that play movies.

I don't really care anymore this argument is old .I've said my peace on it.I don't believe their are files.I'm not saying people are liars I know I used that word before I'm not now it's just how I feel I will not discuss this any further the horse has been beaten.However I do believe Pets and any other past sims game is coming eventually
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I'll refrase everything I said I'm not saying people are lying .I'm just saying I haven't see any proof it in any of my folders for Sims 4 and I'm not talking about Mod folders or whatever people were thinking I meant.I do not wish to argue with people I was just trying to explain what I meant moving on not fighting about it anymore.

You won't find them by looking in your regular Sims folders. They're hidden in the games code and you have to use a special program to locate them. That's what people have been trying to tell you.

I'm not looking in a regular folder I've said that over and over god will peopl read

What program are you using to look in the folder?

I'm not using any program .I don't wanna talk about this anymore it's old .I've explained my point of view I've said I'm sorry I'm done talking about it.

There's your problem!

You're not going to see anything if you don't use the right program!

It's like trying to watch a movie on your computer, when you don't have any programs that play movies.

I don't really care anymore this argument is old .I've said my peace on it.I don't believe their are files.I'm not saying people are liars I know I used that word before I'm not now it's just how I feel I will not discuss this any further the horse has been beaten.However I do believe Pets and any other past sims game is coming eventually

If I tell you that I saw the files myself, and you say that you don't believe they're there, then yes, you are calling me a liar.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited June 2017
    @KeyserFn Bruh.

kb7g9z.jpg

This is a screenshot from my own desktop.
    Post edited by x_Always_Heart_x on
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Stormsview wrote: »
    >
    > you can also click on your sims and send them for a jog. that way you get to see the neighborhood, and they get out of the house.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > After two and a half years, it's a bit old. I'm looking forward to adding the home-exercise alternative of indoor aerobics.

Yes after 2 years that would get old. you're so funny.
    How many packs are you missing? Don't tell me I know of at lease one. lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    > @luthienrising said:
    >
    > you can also click on your sims and send them for a jog. that way you get to see the neighborhood, and they get out of the house.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > After two and a half years, it's a bit old. I'm looking forward to adding the home-exercise alternative of indoor aerobics.

Yes after 2 years that would get old. you're so funny.
    How many packs are you missing? Don't tell me I know of at lease one. lol.

I've got all the packs, thanks. As a result, I'm aware that apart from jogging, for fitness my Sims can own a treadmill (basegame), weights machine (basegame), punching bag (basegame), or basketball court or net (City Living). Do you know many people who own those things IRL? I know zero people who own any of them. I'm looking forward to having low-equipment, low-cost alternatives for my Sims exercising at home when they don't want to head to a park or gym.

Glad you find me amusing. I think.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    @luthienrising Isn't there an option to exercise to the TV? If not there should be lmao Lots of people still do that.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @luthienrising Isn't there an option to exercise to the TV? If not there should be lmao Lots of people still do that.

It's coming with the Fitness pack; the Sim doing it will be matching what's seen on the TV. It's this that I was saying I was looking forward to. Obviously, I'd like more home stuff than that, but this and the earbuds will be the most used part of this pack for me, I'm sure. (And that ponytail-on-the-side hairstyle.)
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    >
    > > @luthienrising said:
    > > Stormsview wrote: »
    > >
    > > you can also click on your sims and send them for a jog. that way you get to see the neighborhood, and they get out of the house.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > After two and a half years, it's a bit old. I'm looking forward to adding the home-exercise alternative of indoor aerobics.
    >
    > Yes after 2 years that would get old. you're so funny.
    > How many packs are you missing? Don't tell me I know of at lease one. lol.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I've got all the packs, thanks. As a result, I'm aware that apart from jogging, for fitness my Sims can own a treadmill (basegame), weights machine (basegame), punching bag (basegame), or basketball court or net (City Living). Do you know many people who own those things IRL? I know zero people who own any of them. I'm looking forward to having low-equipment, low-cost alternatives for my Sims exercising at home when they don't want to head to a park or gym.
    >
    > Glad you find me amusing. I think.

aww, don't get upset with me. I was just being silly. It's just that I thought you forgot about the spa day pack. so much in that one for working out.
    and sure I am looking forward to our new fitness pack with more things to do, and new hair is always welcome. :) I love side ponytails. When can we expect the Pets Pack?
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    >
    > > @luthienrising said:
    > >
    > > you can also click on your sims and send them for a jog. that way you get to see the neighborhood, and they get out of the house.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > After two and a half years, it's a bit old. I'm looking forward to adding the home-exercise alternative of indoor aerobics.
    >
    > Yes after 2 years that would get old. you're so funny.
    > How many packs are you missing? Don't tell me I know of at lease one. lol.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I've got all the packs, thanks. As a result, I'm aware that apart from jogging, for fitness my Sims can own a treadmill (basegame), weights machine (basegame), punching bag (basegame), or basketball court or net (City Living). Do you know many people who own those things IRL? I know zero people who own any of them. I'm looking forward to having low-equipment, low-cost alternatives for my Sims exercising at home when they don't want to head to a park or gym.
    >
    > Glad you find me amusing. I think.

aww, don't get upset with me. I was just being silly. It's just that I thought you forgot about the spa day pack. so much in that one for working out.
    and sure I am looking forward to our new fitness pack with more things to do, and new hair is always welcome. :) I love side ponytails. When can we expect the Pets Pack?

I don't think of the Spa Day stuff as working out - partly because it doesn't raise fitness skill. Love that pack, though! I'm betting on Pets in the fall, before Christmas, based on what's in Speculation :) I hope they're cute! And not annoying. I want Pixar-like kitties.
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    >
    > > @luthienrising said:
    > >
    > > > @luthienrising said:
    > > > Stormsview wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > you can also click on your sims and send them for a jog. that way you get to see the neighborhood, and they get out of the house.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > After two and a half years, it's a bit old. I'm looking forward to adding the home-exercise alternative of indoor aerobics.
    > >
    > > Yes after 2 years that would get old. you're so funny.
    > > How many packs are you missing? Don't tell me I know of at lease one. lol.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I've got all the packs, thanks. As a result, I'm aware that apart from jogging, for fitness my Sims can own a treadmill (basegame), weights machine (basegame), punching bag (basegame), or basketball court or net (City Living). Do you know many people who own those things IRL? I know zero people who own any of them. I'm looking forward to having low-equipment, low-cost alternatives for my Sims exercising at home when they don't want to head to a park or gym.
    > >
    > > Glad you find me amusing. I think.
    >
    > aww, don't get upset with me. I was just being silly. It's just that I thought you forgot about the spa day pack. so much in that one for working out.
    > and sure I am looking forward to our new fitness pack with more things to do, and new hair is always welcome. :) I love side ponytails. When can we expect the Pets Pack?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't think of the Spa Day stuff as working out - partly because it doesn't raise fitness skill. Love that pack, though! I'm betting on Pets in the fall, before Christmas, based on what's in Speculation :) I hope they're cute! And not annoying. I want Pixar-like kitties.

Yes, the ones for Fitness in Spa Day do give Fitness skills, So yes you can think of it as working out. I love that pack too.
    1= Don't quit Boxing Bag is environment, 1 plus Fitness skills
    2= Sprint Chic Treadmill environment 2, plus Fitness skills
    3= Chic Grunt environment 3, plus Fitness skills. ( Muscles toning workout bench)
    They will not say it if it did not give fitness skills. So yes they do. and they make beautiful home gyms or fitness rooms.

I think everyone is excited about pets :)
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    @KeyserFn Bruh.

kb7g9z.jpg

This is a screenshot from my own desktop.

Hmm ok you didn't need to post it to prove your right.I've been done talking about this and my mischoice of words lol thanks
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Do you know many people who own those things IRL? I know zero people who own any of them.
    Really?
    Wow. Where the heck do you live? I'm in the suburbs of an australian capital city.
    Around the corner from my house, there is a house with a basketball hoop and mini half court. Across the road from it, there is another house with a basketball hoop.
    My housemate has a weights machine... Ok, it's in pieces on the garage floor, he's yet to assemble it. I know quite a few people who have a weights machine, punching bag or exercise bike at home. Exercise bikes are far more common than treadmills.
    The other thing that is really common here are trampolines. The house over my back fence has one in their back yard. Two houses down has one in their front yard, as does the house across from them.

So, the game needs exercise bikes and trampolines to be a bit more realistic for my part of the world. :)

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited June 2017
    Do you know many people who own those things IRL? I know zero people who own any of them.
    Really?
    Wow. Where the heck do you live? I'm in the suburbs of an australian capital city.
    Around the corner from my house, there is a house with a basketball hoop and mini half court. Across the road from it, there is another house with a basketball hoop.
    My housemate has a weights machine... Ok, it's in pieces on the garage floor, he's yet to assemble it. I know quite a few people who have a weights machine, punching bag or exercise bike at home. Exercise bikes are far more common than treadmills.
    The other thing that is really common here are trampolines. The house over my back fence has one in their back yard. Two houses down has one in their front yard, as does the house across from them.

So, the game needs exercise bikes and trampolines to be a bit more realistic for my part of the world. :)

I do think it does depend where you live and if you have the room. We have an exercise bike, weight machine/bench (dismantled in garage), punching bag thingo with pull up bar whatsit on the other side, hand weights and a set of kettle weights, we used to have a full sized electric treadmill, but my husband gave it to his sister.

Oh, and we do have a trampoline in the back yard. :D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top