Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge V2 (Updated for CL / Toddlers)

Comments

• Options
    MareviolaMareviola Posts: 86 Member
    So in m first post, turn out I was wrong so I redid my calculations.
    I also calculated in case the heir is the first of the last cycle and in case of twins.

So we have:

Case #1, no twins, the heir is the last of the cycle*:

- the challenge is 611 sims days in when the 100th baby is born, 646 for the 100th baby to became a YA
    - The Mothers are 33 days into their Elderhood when their last daughter becomes a YA and can take over.

- 5 generations
    - the Firsts 4 Mothers can have 21 children
    - the last Mother (Generation 5) will need only 16 children to get to 100
    - All Mothers start as soon as they became a Young Adult (since there are no other children of the previous mother around).

Gen 1: Babies 1 - 21
    Gen 2: Babies 22 - 42
    Gen 3: Babies 43 - 63
    Gen 4: Babies 64 - 84
    Gen 5: Babies 85 - 100

Case #1, no twins, the heir is the first of the cycle*:

- the challenge is 539 sims days in when the 100th baby is born, 574 for the 100th baby to became a YA
    - The Mothers are 14 days into their Elderhood when their last daughter becomes a YA and can take over.

- 5 generations
    - the Firsts 4 Mothers can have 21 children
    - the last Mother (Generation 5) will need only 16 children to get to 100
    - All Mothers start as soon as they became a Young Adult and can get pregnant the same day 'cause the previous mother can be moved from the household freeing a space.

Gen 1: Babies 1 - 21
    Gen 2: Babies 22 - 42
    Gen 3: Babies 43 - 63
    Gen 4: Babies 64 - 84
    Gen 5: Babies 85 - 100

SO IN BOTH CASES IT TAKES 5 GENERATION, HOWEVER IF IN THE LAST CYCLE* OF CHILDREN (OF A MOTHER when she is 17 days in Adulthood) YOU HAVE:

- a Daughter and then six Males, it'll take 539 days to complete the challenge
    - if the 7th child is another daughter then it'll take 611 sims days

This are the two extreme cases. The challenge can last anywhere in between 539 and 611 sims days.

(NOTE: this is still an ideal/lucky case that doesn't consider that some Daughters can't leave the household if another one isn't born to be the heir in case something happen to the mother, basically occupying a space in the household and prolonging (I'm assuming) the challenge)

Case #3, twins:

- You always have as many children as the free space in the household, with a max of 3 as in the game default setting.

- 8 generations
    - the Firsts 7 Mothers can have 14 children
    - the last Mother (Generation 8) will need only 2 children to get to 100
    - All Mothers start as soon as they became a Young Adult (since there are no other children of the previous mother around).

Gen 1: Babies 1 - 14
    Gen 2: Babies 15 - 28
    Gen 3: Babies 29 - 42
    Gen 4: Babies 43 - 56
    Gen 5: Babies 57 - 70
    Gen 6: Babies 71 - 84
    Gen 7: Babies 85 - 98
    Gen 8: Babies 99 - 100

If the last child of the cycle* is female:

- the challenge is 578 sims days in when the 100th baby is born, 613 for the 100th baby to became a YA
    - The Mothers are 26 days into their Elderhood when their last daughter becomes a YA and can take over.

If the last cycle* of children the heir is one of the first triplets:

- the challenge is 536 sims days in when the 100th baby is born, 571 for the 100th baby to became a YA
    - The Mothers are 20 days into their Elderhood when their last daughter becomes a YA and can take over.

This are the two extreme cases. This type of challenge can last anywhere in between 536 and 578 sims days.

So Twins shorten the sims days but it will need more Generations.

*The Cycle refer to the 7 children a mother can give birth before the space in the household is occupied.

In a twin-less challenge, you have the mother getting pregnant 7th times and not aging for 21 sims days, then she start aging while the first 7 child grow up. By the time the first child is a YA and ready to move on, the Mother is 19 days in her YA and stop aging once again as she start a new cycle of pregnancy.

With Twins a cycle is composed of 3 triplets, 3 triplets and then 1 child. In this case the Mother won't age the first 10 sims days of the challenge. She'll then keep ageing until she'll be 10 day into her Adulthood and the first set of triplets are now YA.

I've done the 100 Baby Challenge, check it out on my tumblr.

Babies: 100/100
  • Options
    lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    edited May 2017
    This is the first time I post pictures, so I hope I do it right!

This is the house I recently moved in, I built it a while ago.
    24.04.17_19-56-55_zpsoiilecp0.png

And this is my matriarch: Frida Porterfield
    20.02.17_18-28-08_zps3z7b9ge8.png

(finally fixed the links ;) )
    Post edited by lisalittlesimmer on
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    edited May 2017

24.04.17_19-57-10_zpsho1jtlkt.png

And this is my matriarch: Frida Porterfield
    20.02.17_18-28-08_zps3z7b9ge8.png

ignore this post I have to figure this picture thing out :(

fixed your links so your pictures would show up in the post. to have pictures show up, all you need is the url and then put it between these tags IMG feel free to click quote on my post and see how it looks.

Edit: btw... your matriarch is so pretty! love the house too!
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited May 2017

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p487/lisalittlesimmer/24.04.17_19-56-55_zpsoiilecp0.png

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p487/lisalittlesimmer/24.04.17_19-57-10_zpsho1jtlkt.png

And this is my matriarch: Frida Porterfieldi1152.photobucket.com/albums/p487/lisalittlesimmer/20.02.17_18-28-08_zps3z7b9ge8.png

ignore this post I have to figure this picture thing out :(

[*img]link here[*/img]

This is what you do with your picture links. (delete the *s)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Thanks guys! I'm sorry for being such a derp ;)

24.04.17_19-57-10_zpsho1jtlkt.png

Anyways, I'm having a lot of fun since I moved to that new house, now I only need to make a lot of money to furnish it ;)
    I'm on 16 kids at the moment and I'm so ready to move on to the next matriarch.. but I wasn't really pleased with the looks of all the girls I had so far, I hope one of my newborn twins looks good :)

Here's a picture of my little picture wall, I coulnd't be bothered to take cas pictures, so that is all I have :)

24.04.17_19-56-36_zpsbpaedtdz.png

(I realized my links weren't working anymore, so I fixed them)
    Post edited by lisalittlesimmer on
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    HeyBailsHeyBails Posts: 672 Member
    34197113190_65877772d1.jpg

I have decided to restart my challenge because I kind of lost track of where I was with the other one, and lost interest. The game was becoming slow and I'm not sure why, and really, I just needed a fresh start. So, without further ado, here is Cora Grier. :)
  • Options
    _cordialGargoyle__cordialGargoyle_ Posts: 18 Member
    Hullo again!
    Willow has given birth to 10 children so I thought I would share them here ^_^.
    #01 Drei F
    #02 Natasha F ⚰️
    #03 Zarya F
  • Options
    _cordialGargoyle__cordialGargoyle_ Posts: 18 Member
    -continued as it didn't post the entire list and I don't know how to edit I'm sorry-
    #04 Aldrich M
    #05 Onfroi M
    #06 Jason Dean M
    #07 Baird M
    #08 Carlin M
    #09 Revaria F
    #10 Ganix M
    ⚰️= Vampire
  • Options
    Persefona711Persefona711 Posts: 356 Member

Hey! I started this challenge some time ago, but I had a break from Sims. Now I'm back and I want to continue. So far, my matriarch has 45 children.
    I am in the middle of changing a matriarch. And it is exciting for me because I have not played with the toddlers in this challenge yet ^^

Looking trough this thread it is amazing to me how genetics works in sims 4.
    I would like to share with you some of my photos from the challenge so far:

My first matriarch - Alessa - in her first pregnant.
    07.10.2016_22-31-02.jpg

First pregnancy - first twins: Allan and Aaron and a lucky dad - Paolo.
    07.10.2016_23-38-41.jpg

Garden first steps and now it pays all the bills.
    09.10.2016_21-44-10.jpg

I love those challenge because of this family moments:
    09.10.2016_23-15-38.jpg
    10.10.2016_16-57-16.jpg
    11.10.2016_16-31-59.jpg
    24.11.2016_12-27-21.jpg

qbDPpCu.jpg
  • Options
    AllisonvilleAllisonville Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi! It's been quite a while since I've posted here. My challenge is just about over and I'm sad. haha Baby 99 has been born and my matriarch is in her 2nd trimester with baby 100. It's crazy.

I used the same matriarch for my whole challenge by keeping her perpetually pregnant so she didn't age. I forget exactly how old she is but she's definitely less then 10 days into young adult still. She's literally been pregnant the entire time, except a time or two when I dropped the ball having the next baby daddy lined up and present on the lot, and a handful of times to do non-pregnant things for a few hours (go jogging, go up in the space ship).

For a while I let my matriarch do whatever she wanted when she wasn't obligated with the babies, but then I got bored of that and decided to see what she could accomplish. She ended up maxing 24 skills (every possible skill, with the expansions I have), completing 10 aspirations, and with 41 traits (including every trait that can be bought with satisfaction points or whatever they're called). I'm pretty proud of that, although she definitely could have completed more aspirations.

Anyway, sorry to get so long winded. It's just weird that my challenge will probably be over the next time I play. Then I'll have to think of something else to do with me my sims. :)
  • Options
    cey5cey5 Posts: 79 Member
    Hi! It's been quite a while since I've posted here. My challenge is just about over and I'm sad. haha Baby 99 has been born and my matriarch is in her 2nd trimester with baby 100. It's crazy.

I used the same matriarch for my whole challenge by keeping her perpetually pregnant so she didn't age. I forget exactly how old she is but she's definitely less then 10 days into young adult still. She's literally been pregnant the entire time, except a time or two when I dropped the ball having the next baby daddy lined up and present on the lot, and a handful of times to do non-pregnant things for a few hours (go jogging, go up in the space ship).

For a while I let my matriarch do whatever she wanted when she wasn't obligated with the babies, but then I got bored of that and decided to see what she could accomplish. She ended up maxing 24 skills (every possible skill, with the expansions I have), completing 10 aspirations, and with 41 traits (including every trait that can be bought with satisfaction points or whatever they're called). I'm pretty proud of that, although she definitely could have completed more aspirations.

Anyway, sorry to get so long winded. It's just weird that my challenge will probably be over the next time I play. Then I'll have to think of something else to do with me my sims. :)

omg congrats! please post pics if you can of your kids and baby momma! Also, how long did the challenge take you in rl time?

Now that it's summer I'm giving this another go ... it'll be hard now tho with toddlers.
  • Options
    faerydreams13faerydreams13 Posts: 94 Member
    I've been thinking about starting this challenge, but thinking about waiting until Parenthood is released. It's been fun reading everyone's stories and glitches though!
    Currently Playing:
    The Chudwell Legacy: The Third Generation, featuring Cassie Chudwell.
    The Prism Legacy: A Not So Berry Challenge, featuring Patina Prism
  • Options
    Baby 50!!! Such a great milestone!!

The first time I ever done this challenge I've finished it but since then every time I'd start it again I'd always stop around 20-30 babies!
    So yay! I'm half-way!!!

Omg I'm only half-way! :persevere:

XD

• Options
    Mareviola wrote: »
    Baby 50!!! Such a great milestone!!

The first time I ever done this challenge I've finished it but since then every time I'd start it again I'd always stop around 20-30 babies!
    So yay! I'm half-way!!!

Omg I'm only half-way! :persevere:

XD

I've never gotten even half way. You are to be commended. Way to go! :smiley:

• Options
    xoxoXDxoxoXD Posts: 215 Member
    I haven't played in a while (school and stuff), but my sim did age up a few of her children. So far I am on baby #7. Our household consists of 2 children and a toddler. Toddlers are tremendously annoying, do they have to eat?
    qCDeJ1I.gif
  • Options
    xoxoXD wrote: »
    I haven't played in a while (school and stuff), but my sim did age up a few of her children. So far I am on baby #7. Our household consists of 2 children and a toddler. Toddlers are tremendously annoying, do they have to eat?

Yes, I'm pretty sure toddlers have to eat. lol One trick is to place a group meal on the floor or counter and have them get a serving for themselves. Its a lot faster/easier than using a highchair. Congrats on getting to 7. Keep going. :smiley:

I have recently installed the Master Controller mod thing. I've tweaked the number allowed in a household as well as risky woohoo. I might give this a try again soon.
  • Options
    TsukihasbeenhereTsukihasbeenhere Posts: 46 Member
    Hi guys! My name is Tsuki, I've actually been around for quite a while. I never signed in but I read through the whole previous thread. The day I finished it, you guys decided to make this one! XD Imagine my expression. Either way, I started this challenge last August. I got about ten kids in before I took an extended break due to school and computer troubles. I have to share a computer with my younger siblings as well, so I had limited time to play. In January I got back to it. My first Matriarch, Minhee Choi, had twenty children. Only one set of twins, they were a boy-girl pair. Minki and Minkyung, both now passed. A lot of her kids ended up, well, pretty ugly. ^^; Particularly her boys. Her Asian features didn't carry nicely. Nearly all her kids ended up with strange eyes!

Fortunately, her two youngest girls were the prettiest children she had-Mineun, three boys, and Minhye. I could have probably squeezed in quite a few more kids, but I wanted Minhee to focus on making money. She maxed out her Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Writing, Painting, Gardening, and Handiness skills. Her garden was awesome (Dropped in quality after she died. ;_;), and she died when Minhye was a child. Fortunately, I kept around two girls, two boys, and my youngest son who was a teenager around in fear of her dying. By the time Minhye grew into a young adult yesterday afternoon, she has 420,000 Simoleons to start her life! She sold her childhood home, keeping most of her things, and moved into a two-story BFF lot.

I expanded it when she was a teen. I was able to buy the house, decorate it, and still have extra room if I need it. She still had 401,000 Simoleons but the garden now brings in 20,000 Simoleons so she's pretty much set for life. I have the On Ley Line lot trait and she had her first kid this morning. Surprise, it wasn't just one! She had two girls, Selma and Charlotte. Imagine my surprise when it said "It's a Boy!" I just had my first natural set of triplets. Selma, Charlotte, and Chandler. The theme for Minhee were Korean names starting with "Min." For Minhye, the theme is cities/places! Please suggest a few names, I'll post what I have complied so far this afternoon. Can someone tell me what it takes to become a member again? I want to be one soon!
  • Options
    Welcome! @Tsukihasbeenhere Your challenge sounds fun, I wish I had a naming theme ;) I'm very uncreative when it comes to names, so unfortunateley I can't help you :D to become a member you need to have 30 posts, 50 points and your account must be older than a day I think :)
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    Since I haven't really been enjoying my latest run I'm starting over again. though I'm tempted to wait for Parenthood to come out I've also concidred playing the sims 3 variant instead. I feel like it would be interesting with all the supernatural types. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    I'm doing this challenge for the second time. I'm already on my second matriarch! My first matriarch, Emerson, had 25 children and not a single set of multiples in the mix. My game always gets a little buggy during these challenges so I started a fresh save for Maggie, my new matriarch. She had five girls in a row (one set of twins), and finally just birthed a boy. She's also pregnant with baby #7.

I've decided to just randomize names, so I push the dice five times and stick with what it gives me. I play so many Sims that I get burned out on names, so I actually like going, "what's this ones name gonna be?" Her children so far are Alice, Amina, Ashlynn, Keisha, Janie, and Rocco.
  • Options
    AllisonvilleAllisonville Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="cey5;c-15770043"][quote="Allisonville;c-15764348"]Hi! It's been quite a while since I've posted here. My challenge is just about over and I'm sad. haha Baby 99 has been born and my matriarch is in her 2nd trimester with baby 100. It's crazy.

Anyway, sorry to get so long winded. It's just weird that my challenge will probably be over the next time I play. Then I'll have to think of something else to do with me my sims. :)[/quote]

omg congrats! please post pics if you can of your kids and baby momma! Also, how long did the challenge take you in rl time?

Now that it's summer I'm giving this another go ... it'll be hard now tho with toddlers.[/quote]

Thanks! I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I figured I'd get really bored in the middle, and I did a little, but never enough to want to stop playing.

I actually have no idea how long the challenge took. I posted in this thread that I was on baby 8 on January 27 and I finally finished yesterday. But sometimes I play everyday and sometimes things come up so I stop for weeks at a time. Does anyone know if there's a way to see in the game how many hours a file has been played? I'm kind of curious now.
  • Options
    TsukihasbeenhereTsukihasbeenhere Posts: 46 Member
    @lisalittlesimmer Thanks for telling me! I'll work hard to be a member~ I'm not good at names either, hence the names Selma, Charlotte (The best of the three), and Chandler. But the internet is my friend. :D
  • Options
    I've finally got quite the routine in the house and I usually have 5 sims (4 kids and the mother), so I have plenty of space for twins to make the challenge go faster...

Unfortunately I have only the base game (and vintage glamour) and besides the fertility trait, which she has but you guys were right I really didn't see much of a difference from before, there is no other way to influence the number of kids right? :persevere:

• Options
    cey5cey5 Posts: 79 Member
    My firstborn were triplets ...score! I do live in the apartment with the fertility trait.

I wish I knew other ways to have multiples (besides cheats) :( ^
  • Options
    VeggieWeebVeggieWeeb Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! If possible could my tumblr be added on the linklist? Thanks in advance ^^

Here's the link: https://hungryartdude.tumblr.com/