Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can elder women impregnate other sims?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sims are animated pixel-based creatures based on humans. They are not human. Sims do not have biology. They don't even have pixel representations of the body parts needed for human reproduction. You can play them as human representations (whatever limitations you believe those have), or you can play them as different from humans. But it's blatantly false that Sims = Humans, which makes any discussion of what the limitations (or not) of human biology are pointless. Play your game as you like; let others play it as they like. That's the genius of The Sims: it's what we make of it.

I would disagree in that there is certainly some established universe canon in terms of sim biology. Regardless, your central theme is correct in that playing the game as you see fit is all that really matters.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited February 2017
    ..anyways there's nothing wrong with the game being inclusive of real life people. I haven't tried what you're asking, OP. but I imagine that it would work like if you had a male elder.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Sims are animated pixel-based creatures based on humans. They are not human. Sims do not have biology. They don't even have pixel representations of the body parts needed for human reproduction. You can play them as human representations (whatever limitations you believe those have), or you can play them as different from humans. But it's blatantly false that Sims = Humans, which makes any discussion of what the limitations (or not) of human biology are pointless. Play your game as you like; let others play it as they like. That's the genius of The Sims: it's what we make of it.

If sims are not human and do not have biology, why is it that female elders could not be impregnated before the gender patch?
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,612 Member
    They still can't, i don't think?
    OP was talking about impregnating others, not getting knocked up.

Unless there was a change i missed. Otherwise, it's just an oversight.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »

If they still cannot get pregnant after the introduction of the gender patch then it only makes my case stronger. If the developers recognize and attribute menopause to female elders in the game, then clearly our sims are human.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    @papersuitcase Seriously. Don't click the three dots, and nothing scary and non-biological (in your opinion) will happen when your women woohoo. Nobody ever promised you a game that's realistic-only.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Not sure, but I wouldn't doubt it. I really wish this game didn't deny basic biology.

Fun fact: While sims are based on humans, sims are not humans. The advanced digestive system, plasma cells, three day gestation period and the fact that they don't seem to need kidneys are dead giveaways. Also, the physical laws of The Sims universe are different than our own.

I might believe you if there weren't people in the real world doing the same thing. :*

Without dialysis? And it is okay if you don't believe me, but it is true. Sims are not humans.

I meant denying biology.

Oh, you're virtue signaling. Never mind then. Let me know if you want to talk about The Sims.

Well when the devs can keep their politics out of the game I can shut up about it.

Again, they aren't humans. And so human politics don't apply. I suggest refraining from trying to interject your own in that respect. But if you are bent on vicariously living out some sort of political fantasy I would suggest searching the extensive library of mods. There is little doubt in my mind that you could find enough components to whip up a "mod soup" to cater to any sort of dystopia one may desire.

I respectfully disagree with you. I think it's clear that sims are humans. The sims is marketed as a life simulator. Why else would the devs need to call for assistance from certain LGBT groups to ensure they are being politically correct when adding certain features to the game? It's because they know sims are human and represent real people.

There is a political slant that is fairly obvious to anyone without extreme bias. Take a look at the political career put in the game. All causes are real-life left leaning ones.

Seriously, will people ever get over this PC bs?! This game isn't only played by close-minded uber conservative players who think there's a PC conspiracy in everything they see, it's for anyone who'd like to play it. There's no point in "questioning" a feature you're in no way required to use. There's not even any story progression, so if you don't make it happen, it literally will not ever happen. At all. Why can't you just let this go? LGBT people have got just as much a right as you, or me, or anyone else to play and enjoy this game. It isn't harming you one bit, so stop campaigning against it out of some ridiculous PC-paranoid principle.
    #rantover

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited February 2017

If they still cannot get pregnant after the introduction of the gender patch then it only makes my case stronger. If the developers recognize and attribute menopause to female elders in the game, then clearly our sims are human.

And even if you want to take that sims are practically humans, again; people eating cowplants, grim reaper, male 🐸🐸🐸🐸 spawning alien children, and the occasional fanatical cult/obsession over grilled cheese.

Sims is as "real" as you make it to be. But at its core, its always been eccentric fantastical based gameplay. Reflects human life, but also has the crazy stuff too. Cuz its a game.

Edit: correction. Only 3 known biological creatures experience menopause. Humans and two kinds of whales. I was wrong on that, but regardless.

Butt alien babies.
  • Options
    MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    To answer the OP's question, yes. Yes your elder sim can impregnate another sim.
    elder%20sim%20can%20impregnate.jpg

In my opinion, sims are not human unless you play them as such (storytelling). Same sex humans can not get or become pregnant by their partner.
  • Options
    DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    Didn't realize male humans could produce alien children out of their anuses.

Babies come out of the belly button silly!
    TszwvJw.png
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    To answer the OP's question, yes. Yes your elder sim can impregnate another sim.
    elder%20sim%20can%20impregnate.jpg
    Ooh, thanks for that. I'm relieved to know that since I had unforeseen circumstances happen in my game and need to have a female elder be the impregnator.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)