May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can elder women impregnate other sims?

I know they can't fall pregnant but with that update that lets woman-woman and man-man couples to have babies, I was just wondering if elder women can impregnate others.
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• Options
    DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    Sims 4 weirder stories.
    TszwvJw.png
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,601 Member
    Theoretically, yes. Since elder men (who normally do the knocking up prior) could, it should be likely.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I believe so if you make sure she has the "can get others pregnant" ticked on in the gender options.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    does anyone know for sure? :D I have this female-female situation coming up and I need to know for sure. I don't wanna keep the older one an adult, I want her to be an elder. But babies are a must.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Not sure, but I wouldn't doubt it. I really wish this game didn't deny basic biology.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Not sure, but I wouldn't doubt it. I really wish this game didn't deny basic biology.

I guess they're trying to be "progressive".
    I guess I have to test it out with some other sims first to be completely sure.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member

It's opt-in. Unless you have GTW (for alien pregnancy) or choose to make your female Sims able to impregnate others, this game in which plants eat and spit people out, ghosts wander about in your house, and people spin in a circle to change clothes will not deny basic biology.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

Fun fact: While sims are based on humans, sims are not humans. The advanced digestive system, plasma cells, three day gestation period and the fact that they don't seem to need kidneys are dead giveaways. Also, the physical laws of The Sims universe are different than our own.
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Fun fact: While sims are based on humans, sims are not humans. The advanced digestive system, plasma cells, three day gestation period and the fact that they don't seem to need kidneys are dead giveaways. Also, the physical laws of The Sims universe are different than our own.

I might believe you if there weren't people in the real world doing the same thing. :*
  • Options

I might believe you if there weren't people in the real world doing the same thing. :*

Without dialysis? And it is okay if you don't believe me, but it is true. Sims are not humans.
  • Options

Without dialysis? And it is okay if you don't believe me, but it is true. Sims are not humans.

I meant denying biology.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I meant denying biology.

Oh, you're virtue signaling. Never mind then. Let me know if you want to talk about The Sims.
  • Options

I meant denying biology.

Oh, you're virtue signaling. Never mind then. Let me know if you want to talk about The Sims.

Well when the devs can keep their politics out of the game I can shut up about it.
  • Options

I meant denying biology.

Well when the devs can keep their politics out of the game I can shut up about it.

Again, they aren't humans. And so human politics don't apply. I suggest refraining from trying to interject your own in that respect. But if you are bent on vicariously living out some sort of political fantasy I would suggest searching the extensive library of mods. There is little doubt in my mind that you could find enough components to whip up a "mod soup" to cater to any sort of dystopia one may desire.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I meant denying biology.

Again, they aren't humans. And so human politics don't apply. I suggest refraining from trying to interject your own in that respect. But if you are bent on vicariously living out some sort of political fantasy I would suggest searching the extensive library of mods. There is little doubt in my mind that you could find enough components to whip up a "mod soup" to cater to any sort of dystopia one may desire.

I respectfully disagree with you. I think it's clear that sims are humans. The sims is marketed as a life simulator. Why else would the devs need to call for assistance from certain LGBT groups to ensure they are being politically correct when adding certain features to the game? It's because they know sims are human and represent real people.

There is a political slant that is fairly obvious to anyone without extreme bias. Take a look at the political career put in the game. All causes are real-life left leaning ones.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I meant denying biology.

I respectfully disagree with you. I think it's clear that sims are humans. The sims is marketed as a life simulator. Why else would the devs need to call for assistance from certain LGBT groups to ensure they are being politically correct when adding certain features to the game? It's because they know sims are human and represent real people.

There is a political slant that is fairly obvious to anyone without extreme bias. Take a look at the political career put in the game. All causes are real-life left leaning ones.

If I haven't made it clear before, let me state it once again -- I am not interested in talking about your fears and prejudices. Such things are beyond the scope of this forum as stated by its rules. As such, I will try for a third time to turn aside your attempted derail to return to the topic at hand.

Sims do not share the same biology as humans. It is therefore sensible that they are not bound by the same rules of biology.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Right, I forgot. They can put it into the game but we aren't allow to talk about it, let alone question it.
  • Options
    Right, I forgot. They can put it into the game but we aren't allow to talk about it, let alone question it.

Yes it's a massive conspiracy designed to oppress you and take away your rights.

Hopefully we can move on now.
  • Options

Yes it's a massive conspiracy designed to oppress you and take away your rights.

I believe that's your line.
  • Options
    @OEII1001 - could just kiss you right now. <3
  • Options
    Looks like we can't move on. Or won't. Pity that.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    let's see-sims and humans go to the bathroom, eat, cook, sleep, garden. Last time I checked..those were human functions
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Didn't realize male humans could produce alien children out of their anuses.
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    let's see-sims and humans go to the bathroom, eat, cook, sleep, garden. Last time I checked..those were human functions

Sims produce exclusively liquid waste, meaning that their digestive systems are more efficient than our own. Furthermore, an opportunity in the The Sims 3 resulted in the loss of kidneys without any repercussions on health, meaning that the kidney is superfluous in sims biology. And then, of course, there is this...
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Didn't realize male humans could produce alien children out of their anuses.

As BlueR0se mentioned, male sims are somehow able to host off-world reproduction without harmful physical effects of both gestation and birth. It is very clear that sims biology is different than our own.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    edited February 2017
    Sims are animated pixel-based creatures based on humans. They are not human. Sims do not have biology. They don't even have pixel representations of the body parts needed for human reproduction. You can play them as human representations (whatever limitations you believe those have), or you can play them as different from humans. But it's blatantly false that Sims = Humans, which makes any discussion of what the limitations (or not) of human biology are pointless. Play your game as you like; let others play it as they like. That's the genius of The Sims: it's what we make of it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.