The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Next Quarterly Review Wash out or Winner? , You be the judge!

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Format was favorable. Like having moving references instead of just a render.

The content left more to be desired, but that's a trend for me regarding Sims 4 releases.

7/10 format
    3/10 content

All my personal opinion
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    It would be cute if they could make a Snowy lot with a Santa house and our sims could take the kids to see Santa, sit on his knee and tell him what they want for Christmas. Let our Sims take a picture of the event seeing Sims in this game is so picture oriented. They could even have elves and reindeer on the lot - maybe even ice skating. At least we could have one lot with snow for the holidays.

Something like our Santa's Village here in New Hampshire would be sweet -

http://www.santasvillage.com/

That would be absolutely adorable.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    They have already given us a boatload of info in the upcoming EP... which is something people have been wanting.. information.
    We already have the Day of the Dead stuff and know about the challenge.
    I'd much rather have the info that they revealed in the live streams than not, as well as the engagement of the gurus shown in those streams.
    The only way the teaser would have been really exciting is if we had gotten less info... and once again it would have only been exciting to those of us who enjoy the game or are on the fence tipping over. The teaser would have still been bashed by many those not happy with the game.
    I think when the jobs shifted up top they changed methods rather drastically... it shows.

I suspect lots of players didn't know there was going to be a challenge. Only people who actively look for info about Sims somewhere other than the Sims Twitter or Facebook accounts will have known about it. A lot of people won't know about it till it actually starts.

I didn't, beyond the bit that appeared on the forums. I made an active decision to stop reading the sim news sites. There's going to be people who don't follow the forums, who, for example, only follow their social media channels who just found out about it.

especially when you keep in mind how negative the forums have gotten. It's a lot harder to find fun in the forums, when half the time people here are whining about the one or two things they wanted that aren't in a pack (expansion, game or stuff pack), instead of talking about the things that are in them.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    it wasn't very informative but we might get good stuff.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    It's basically "oh well we didn't get toddlers this time, let's wait till next quarter for them to be released" loop
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited October 2016
    My review:

1. No new (or not much new) information. I had already speculated that we would get an SP after the EP. And also thought we knew about the Day of the Dead challenge.
    2. I already thought the comment in the path notes simply referred to the release of the teaser/challenge. So that wasn't a huge shock. As much as I always hold out hope for toddlers, I never assume they're coming as that only leads me to disappointment.
    3. The teaser itself was great. Exactly what we need.
    4. Even though the information wasn't super new, it is to be expected in a quarter where we are already getting a big Expansion pack.

So no I don't think it was a complete wash, but it also wasn't super exciting. I am actually more nervous that the NEXT quarter will only include an SP and some free content. Hope I'm wrong!
  • Options
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    It's basically "oh well we didn't get toddlers this time, let's wait till next quarter for them to be released" loop

I'm not even waiting for toddlers lol Pretty sure they won't ever be added to Sims 4.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited October 2016

People do the same with the packs too. I have seen a bunch of people say if EP03 isn't what they wanted then they're done. Now it's EP04.

• Options
    I'm not bothered about lack of Christmassy stuff since I don't celebrate it. But any new content is welcome in my eyes :)
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member

People do the same with the packs too. I have seen a bunch of people say if EP03 isn't what they wanted then they're done. Now it's EP04.
    I'm noticing this too. I'm guessing if EP4 disappoints then it'll be "let's see what EP5 brings" :/
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

I'm noticing this too. I'm guessing if EP4 disappoints then it'll be "let's see what EP5 brings" :/

It starts to sound ridiculous, doesn't it? Like maybe after the first EP, saying "let's see what EP 2 brings" is understandable. Maybe even waiting for 3. But when you're waiting for 5, 6, or 7 EPs for your game to get fun (as definited differently by each individual player), it's just really futile. I personally AM looking forward to EP 3 so for me the game is improving now. But if I really were waiting around for EP 5 to make the game good for me, I'd really be wasting my time.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Boring, most of it was what we already knew (City Living, month challenge). The Holiday stuff looks like more additions to the free DLC which is pointless since we don't have seasons, seasonal events, and holidays in game yet. And the Stuff Pack? Well we saw a couch, rug, clock?, new clothes and that was it. No gameplay object was shown. Sims 4 has been disappointing since it was revealed and just continues to disappoint. Maybe next quarter will be better and offer..........

Content is only pointless if you don't make use of it, it's the same argument with the 'Spooky Stuff' content.

I don't think they show game-play in Stuff Pack Teasers considering they didn't for the past two Quarterly Teasers.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I think it was terrific!!! <3 I don't understand why people are disappointed and believe they can make huge assumptions based on a few seconds.

The Disappointment from others comes from the lack of items and game play that should of been in the Sims 4 already, those like Me who have played all the Sim games in the franchise from 1 to 4 understand that, or most do anyway, I can only talk for myself, but I say that EA and Maxis really need to step it up a bit, otherwise more people will leave this game, they should want Everyone to want to play the game, not just some, and that is My opinion on it.

But how do people know there's such a lack of items and game-play when nothing has been fully revealed about 3/4 of the content types shown in the Teaser? I'm sorry but I just don't understand making assumptions without an actual basis.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    I must admit, I don't like the way they word things in the Patches sometimes - at least when talking about future stuff, although that's largely based on hoping for it to be X and ending up having gotten our hopes up, they still know how sensitive and extremely speculative their fan-base is about upcoming content.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I like the way they presented the video, but there wasn't much I found exciting about it.
    I'm tired of holiday-themed content (I really only use it for avatar screenshots and such), and we already knew about City Living and The Day of the Dead Challenge. So really, the only thing I'm interested in is the new Stuff Pack, but the "teaser" of it looks a bit similar to Luxury Party Stuff, but less flashy. We'll see, though.

These are just my initial thoughts, and those are bound to change when we learn more.
  • Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I liked it. I am super excited for all of those things.
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    The team is basically doing whatever they want these days so it's just time to accept it because the sad part is most people would.buy a junk stuff pack, light game pack and a different scenery ep.

death.jpg
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Guys, you missed the obvious and maxis got you I seen it did you? It looks like Gift giving is coming back in the holiday pack. I don't know but that kid that looks like a child on his knees playing, it is not a kid, they don't set on their knees. Also the child looks a little to small to be a child. I am not sure but I never seen kids set on their knees. What do you think? Toddlers in the Holiday Pack?
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Guys, you missed the obvious and maxis got you I seen it did you? It looks like Gift giving is coming back in the holiday pack. I don't know but that kid that looks like a child on his knees playing, it is not a kid, they don't set on their knees. Also the child looks a little to small to be a child. I am not sure but I never seen kids set on their knees. What do you think? Toddlers in the Holiday Pack?

You're joking, right?
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    That useless trailer that didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know was what they were hinting at? Disappointment. :(
    Looks like it...
    I knew they tend to hype smaller things up a lot, remember the excitement about the Star Wars costumes, and when two female-to-male converted hairstyles were our new way to play one month.
    But for some reason I keep getting my hopes up everytime! :neutral:

Me too unfortunately
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »

Children sit on their knees a lot actually. Have you seen them playing with the doll house? They sit on their knees to do it.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Children sit on their knees all the time, to do homework, play the kids stuff game machine.

I'm glad they went back to the video and not the gif. I am still happy to know what we will get, ie 1ep, 1 stuff pack and some free content. The ridge comment did confuse me a little though. I was expecting something a bit more than the challenge that we sort of already knew about. I wasn't expecting anything really major though, but maybe a game pack.

Interesting to see the theme of the stuff pack.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,014 Member
    I couldn't really tell what the stuff pack was about.... It kind of looked like there was a formal shirt as the symbol of the pack. I noticed a new clock, rug, and possibly a new couch along with some new clothes. Does the woman on the right have new hairdo? I don't really care much for most of the hair in CL.... So I hope they have some I like in the stuff pack.... One of the best things I like about the stuff packs are the hair and clothes. I don't use CC and mods so I really look forward to the stuff packs.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I think there is stuff there we are "not" seeing in the video. I was picking it apart.

1.What's with the first part of the sims chatting with outdoorsy stuff around them? A butterfly in the speech bubble. Maybe it's something coming in a patch.

2.Then they showed CL-we know about that.

3. but what's with Morty and Bella? That isn't CL related but maybe a new interaction is coming.

4. Seasonal challenge-one starts tomorrow. will there be more?

5. The couple using their phone in a living room like setting...

6.Holiday pack

7. the couple with the violin speech bubble.

8. New "formal" like sp

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    AgathaUdimoAgathaUdimo Posts: 208 Member
    A total wash out. Very boring, very repetitive and very empty.
    I am not so silently judging you.
    ASD - I think differently to you.