May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 is listening to us!

Comments

• Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Honestly if I could have all the features of the sims 2 with the sims 3 open world and large worlds (even though the sims 2 ones were quite big) with the sims 4 style i'd be one happy bunny but a girl can dream........
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Honestly if I could have all the features of the sims 2 with the sims 3 open world and large worlds (even though the sims 2 ones were quite big) with the sims 4 style i'd be one happy bunny but a girl can dream........

Yup. I honestly expected Sims 4 to be that actually.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    simgame wrote: »
    I have to say, it was very refreshing for me to see that someone was not trashing Maxis they were excited nice job @simgame then the whole thread got turned around in the first post under it, and it became again a trashing thread. I think if someone is excited then maybe we could be a little more optimistic in our replies and have that poster feel good about posting. Yes, disagree if you have to but do it with some care for the excitement of the person that posted. It is not often that posts are positive, and I think it is quite refreshing. I am looking forward to the city life ep, Not sure on the toddlers, but they will come, in my opinion in due time. Or they may not come at all, makes no difference to me, does not change my game play at all.

Thank you :) I felt really weird because I just wanted to share my exciting. I didn't know what I did wrong. : \ Me too :)

I my opinion you did nothing wrong, thanks for brightening my day.

The topic heading infers they listened to us. Not me, I haven't seen what I would like to see, so this actually belongs in the EP section, no offense to the OP, they may not know that. And 'listening to us' is subjective and invites critiquing those statements depending on what wasn't implemented from 'listening'. It would depend on which player thought they had. In my case, no. Because I still have relationship culling and decay but not installed the last patch. The last three were enough to ruin my game anyway. Not going to bet on it again.

So, making a heading they are listening (when it's really about the EP) invites dissent depending on if you think they are nor not.

They did listen they listened to my complaints about the mess that the sims 3 was. They listened as some other simmers had some of the same problems, they listened and they changed the game. So, I would say yeah they listened. I do not like the culling either, but in the other games (sims3) I did not like the lag and the crashing and the sims getting stuck, so there are things we are going to like and not like about every game. This is not my life, this is a game, I play it or I don't either way it does not ruin my life. I can spend hours or minutes on it depending on my mood. Sorry you feel you were not listened to. I feel that way when I post on my wanting to have choice in what I have in my game, that I am not being listened to, I think they listen, they just choose to ignore some things as they are not working on that right now, or are having some trouble with it. I am patient I can wait. There is no more fixes for the sims 3 so it is what it is, games to sit on my shelf waiting for a day I toss them because they are not good for me.
  • Options
    uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited August 2016

Toddlers: We know that this is a big issue within the community and we definitely are not blind to your pleas for us to tell you something. I wish the answer wasn't one I keep repeating but it's the only one I have for you. With that in mind I want you to know that we absolutely hear you, this is something that is a topic of conversation every day that I'm at work. Because the team hears you, they understand this is a big part of how you immerse yourself in the game and it's a most loved part of the game for many of you. I stickied that toddler thread as acknowledgement that we absolutely hear you, I asked Lyndsay to go into that thread so that she could express that she hears you, and the team appreciates reading every idea/picture that is provided in that thread. We just simply don't want to constantly give you the same answer over and over because it does feel self defeating for us and we know it is frustrating for you. I absolutely HATE asking you this but please be patient when we have something to say in either direction we will tell you.

"I absolutely HATE asking you this but please be patient when we have something to say in either direction we will tell you."

She used the word hate. Notice how the word hate is in all caps. She is being honest. It seems that some simmers were bugging the the team about toddlers.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    I could be completely off base here, but this thread - to me -is like... "Mom, Dad! The grass is gonna be all green real soon!
    "Yeah, be quiet. It needs mowing!"
    :disappointed:

I can keep apologising, if you want.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    I could be completely off base here, but this thread - to me -is like... "Mom, Dad! The grass is gonna be all green real soon!

I can keep apologising, if you want.

Whatever floats your mower. :wink:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2016
    I have to say, it was very refreshing for me to see that someone was not trashing Maxis they were excited nice job @simgame then the whole thread got turned around in the first post under it, and it became again a trashing thread. I think if someone is excited then maybe we could be a little more optimistic in our replies and have that poster feel good about posting. Yes, disagree if you have to but do it with some care for the excitement of the person that posted. It is not often that posts are positive, and I think it is quite refreshing. I am looking forward to the city life ep, Not sure on the toddlers, but they will come, in my opinion in due time. Or they may not come at all, makes no difference to me, does not change my game play at all.

Thank you :) I felt really weird because I just wanted to share my exciting. I didn't know what I did wrong. : \ Me too :)

The topic heading infers they listened to us. Not me, I haven't seen what I would like to see, so this actually belongs in the EP section, no offense to the OP, they may not know that. And 'listening to us' is subjective and invites critiquing those statements depending on what wasn't implemented from 'listening'. It would depend on which player thought they had. In my case, no. Because I still have relationship culling and decay but not installed the last patch. The last three were enough to ruin my game anyway. Not going to bet on it again.

So, making a heading they are listening (when it's really about the EP) invites dissent depending on if you think they are nor not.

They did listen they listened to my complaints about the mess that the sims 3 was. They listened as some other simmers had some of the same problems, they listened and they changed the game. So, I would say yeah they listened. I do not like the culling either, but in the other games (sims3) I did not like the lag and the crashing and the sims getting stuck, so there are things we are going to like and not like about every game. This is not my life, this is a game, I play it or I don't either way it does not ruin my life. I can spend hours or minutes on it depending on my mood. Sorry you feel you were not listened to. I feel that way when I post on my wanting to have choice in what I have in my game, that I am not being listened to, I think they listen, they just choose to ignore some things as they are not working on that right now, or are having some trouble with it. I am patient I can wait. There is no more fixes for the sims 3 so it is what it is, games to sit on my shelf waiting for a day I toss them because they are not good for me.

I'm terribly sorry you had crashing with TS3. I never did and that was on an old ATI X1300 video card. (Not even up to par when TS3 came out). And AMD processors that are long since outdated but not at the time of release but nothing fancy by far.

I do not and never will use NVIDIA products ever again as long as I live. If I can get around having one. And I do not love Intel, either, though I know many would disagree with me. I have tried both companies in many years gone by and once bitten twice shy. I have used ATI/AMD products for years and when people say they crash (no matter the game) I never did.

The problem with having a super, duper machine is sometimes you can cause your own bottle necks from lack of knowledge so when people tell me they have a gaming machine sometimes they can create more problems than was necessary. Even on a very good machine and hardware specific things can happen due to customer's lack of knowledge of bottle necks they cause by over fitting their machines. (adding more of a product than was necessary).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    They are not listening to me. I want them to fix household relationship culling. I have many more issues but I am just going to stick to one issue at a time for now while I enjoy my time in Sims 2.
  • Options
    If they had listened to people who were having issues with the Sims 3 and it's open world, then they would have fixed the gaming engine and coding, not have thrown it out. Instead of addressing what was causing people to have such issues, they simply swept it under the rug, and put everything back into a shoebox, calling it "progress" and a "new direction". If they were listening to us, then we would still have a sandbox/life simulator not the game that we got.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options

I'm terribly sorry you had crashing with TS3. I never did and that was on an old ATI X1300 video card. (Not even up to par when TS3 came out). And AMD processors that are long since outdated but not at the time of release but nothing fancy by far.

I do not and never will use NVIDIA products ever again as long as I live. If I can get around having one. And I do not love Intel, either, though I know many would disagree with me. I have tried both companies in many years gone by and once bitten twice shy. I have used ATI/AMD products for years and when people say they crash (no matter the game) I never did.

The problem with having a super, duper machine is sometimes you can cause your own bottle necks from lack of knowledge so when people tell me they have a gaming machine sometimes they can create more problems than was necessary. Even on a very good machine and hardware specific things can happen due to customer's lack of knowledge of bottle necks they cause by over fitting their machines. (adding more of a product than was necessary).

I had so many problems I got some of my money back for the games I purchased. Has to fight for it, but got it. I am not ignorant of what is in my machine. My computer guy told me not to play it anymore, it was bad for some machines. So this time I think they took care of that and made it compatible for all machines.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    To inject some realism to your excitement.

City living doesn't mean big city.

Until it's confirmed by EA, it's a rumour.

Just because they mention them doesn't mean they're working on them.

Yeah, I have to agree with Arletta. City living is an ambiguous name. Additionally, there is no proof that an ep will be released in 2016.

Yeah, they have one in the works, but that's not news, it's what they do. For each iteration since 2000, they have released loads and loads of expansions. And if the two we have already been offered for the sims 4 are any indication about how the next one will be, well, in my opinion, there's no real reason to get excited. It will be just one more thing that is interesting for a week or two, then we'll be back to humdrum game play this game is so well known for. Again, in my opinion.

Finally, do not get your hopes up for toddlers. More than one of the team members have indicated that toddlers are beyond the scope of what they are willing to do in this game. At least that's how I interpreted what they have said since t4 released. Not to mention the head honcho herself, when the game was first released, said something about not wanting to spend the time on toddlers in order to make other things they wanted. Now I don't remember what those other things were...maybe the multi-tasking? Can't remember; don't care.

Reiterating what fans say is not the same thing as "working" on what the fans want.

If you love the game, enjoy it for what it is. You will be much happier in the long run if you keep your expectations to a minimum. Again, in my opinion.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

lol, yeah, but it will need mowing. So get a lawn mower now. :D
    Dratted thing is outta gas now!

• Options
    heres to the sims 4 edd50860b71a57dbc6c4ed6a3d3fa739_zpsywwq9ccq.jpg
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    edited August 2016
    Didn't Maxis listen to the "Future" of all PC gaming being all online... at the start of TS4? ;)

* I'm really not trying to bring your Happy Moodlet down. You be Happy and Enjoy your Sims game. I hope you enjoy the next expansion. even if I hope they actually add just a little bit of fun for me soon.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Honostly I'm so glad that the sims 4 IS listening to us, they are working on an expansion pack, and it's one I wanted soooo bad! In case you didn't hear there was a leak that there will be an expansion pack coming in 2016 that has something to do with a big city like ts3 Bridgeport! And that's not just a rumor it's true! And now I have heard that they are talking about toddlers within the team EVERYDAY!! So they are pretty much working on that, I guess. I'm sorry for my complains about the sims 4. But I really hope they add way more gameplay in that expansion pack than just the world..

You do realize that talk about toddlers everyday could be people making snide remarks about players, and or jokes about people wanting toddlers or just smart aleck comments about people wanting toddlers, right? Never believe anything unless you are there. Yes, I talk about Maxis almost everyday, does that mean it's with love? lol

Yeah but I don't think they will talk trash about their fans...

And there's no dictionary with the word "gullible" in it either, right?

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    I ask myself sometimes if this game/ the world in the game is so small because of all the low end computers smh...

Considering we have loading screens and TS2 had bigger worlds that could be edited with less culling....not so sure.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited August 2016
    EA/Maxis bottom line is their priority and not necessarily the customer. Some companies forget because they get so big and once they make that money the customer is often forgotten. Imho, customer and money goes hand in hand and if you have no customers, you have no money.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    EA/Maxis bottom line is their priority and not necessarily the customer. Some companies forget because they get so big and once they make that money the customer is often forgotten. Imho, customer and money goes hand in hand and if you have no customers, you have no money.

There is a happy play thread on here right? (8.7K) it has a whole lot of happy thoughts on playing this game, so many people like it for what it is. So why would they be out of customers? Some peoples idea of what is good and what is not are not the same. There will still be some that are happy with the game and inevitably some that are not. It is the same with life, you can choose to be happy or you can choose not to be. Your choice.
  • Options
    Yes there is a happy thread. But there are a lot more threads on unhappy players, what needs to be fix, what needs to be added. What can make the game better, etc. So should they be ignored for a minor few who are enjoying it?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    People who are happy with the game, don't post, they don't feel the need to. Just because there may seem like more are unhappy because they are vocal, doesn't mean they are the majority.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    Having a game that just runs without any real good features just do not sit well with me. It is like taking BF series and saying here is your game without the weapons but it runs very well. Sims 4 just lacks in areas that it shouldn't be lacking in. Why sit around and wait for EA/Maxis to create neighborhoods and seeing how far and between one is made, The lots are static and the neighborhoods are small but it runs. The game even if it supposedly sold 5 million did not even make PC Gamer's top 100 or GI top 50 game list ( maybe EA/Maxis forgot to send the memo.). I can talk positively and I can also talk negatively about Sims 4 and my comments can go back and forth as needed. The reason for so much division EA/Maxis opened a box and then closed it but they knew there was going to be flack over that because some people do not forget. Sims 4 concept is not bad, it just was not addressed correctly.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Yes there is a happy thread. But there are a lot more threads on unhappy players, what needs to be fix, what needs to be added. What can make the game better, etc. So should they be ignored for a minor few who are enjoying it?

But, then is it ok to ignore the people that are happy with the game or put them down because they are enjoying it. Goes both ways!
    Post edited by jimmysnan on
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    People who are happy with the game, don't post, they don't feel the need to. Just because there may seem like more are unhappy because they are vocal, doesn't mean they are the majority.

I seriously hope not. The Sims 4 does have it's faults which is quite obvious but I'm having fun with my game. I'm playing with the Pancakes and they have to be the most dysfunctional couple I've ever played which always gives me comedy and tragedy to play with when it comes to those two lol. For example in one night Eliza broke up with one of her two boyfriends while still married to Bob and as that was going on Bob gets abducted...naked of course and then comes back pregnant. This only is starting more drama between the too cause now Eliza is accusing of Bob of cheating which he isn't and she has no right two with her now one boyfriend on the side looking for a new boyfriend on the side of that side of the side to the side she once took to be on that side but wants to now walk on the other side because that side is the side she was once on to be the "adventurous cheater" she was and still is on that side. But enough sides Simmers lol my point is Sims 4 is still fun and awesome to play and the emotional system is truly breathtaking because to this day it makes me feel bad about my mischievous game play.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited August 2016
    They ARE listening to us.
    It's just hard to put things into the game that need A LOT of coding. It needs more time than just one month.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I seriously hope not. The Sims 4 does have it's faults which is quite obvious but I'm having fun with my game. I'm playing with the Pancakes and they have to be the most dysfunctional couple I've ever played which always gives me comedy and tragedy to play with when it comes to those two lol. For example in one night Eliza broke up with one of her two boyfriends while still married to Bob and as that was going on Bob gets abducted...naked of course and then comes back pregnant. This only is starting more drama between the too cause now Eliza is accusing of Bob of cheating which he isn't and she has no right two with her now one boyfriend on the side looking for a new boyfriend on the side of that side of the side to the side she once took to be on that side but wants to now walk on the other side because that side is the side she was once on to be the "adventurous cheater" she was and still is on that side. But enough sides Simmers lol my point is Sims 4 is still fun and awesome to play and the emotional system is truly breathtaking because to this day it makes me feel bad about my mischievous game play.

It is all in the way you look at the game. I think that @Dannydanbo was saying was that the people who are unhappy are not necessarily the majority, they are just the most vocal.