Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 is listening to us!

Comments

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited August 2016
    I have to say, it was very refreshing for me to see that someone was not trashing Maxis they were excited nice job @simgame then the whole thread got turned around in the first post under it, and it became again a trashing thread. I think if someone is excited then maybe we could be a little more optimistic in our replies and have that poster feel good about posting. Yes, disagree if you have to but do it with some care for the excitement of the person that posted. It is not often that posts are positive, and I think it is quite refreshing. I am looking forward to the city life ep, Not sure on the toddlers, but they will come, in my opinion in due time. Or they may not come at all, makes no difference to me, does not change my game play at all, or my enthusiasm one way or the other. I take the things as they come, since having cancer has shown me that take the small things, they could be all you have. Live for today, tomorrow may not come as you expected.
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    I have to say, it was very refreshing for me to see that someone was not trashing Maxis they were excited nice job @simgame then the whole thread got turned around in the first post under it, and it became again a trashing thread. I think if someone is excited then maybe we could be a little more optimistic in our replies and have that poster feel good about posting. Yes, disagree if you have to but do it with some care for the excitement of the person that posted. It is not often that posts are positive, and I think it is quite refreshing. I am looking forward to the city life ep, Not sure on the toddlers, but they will come, in my opinion in due time. Or they may not come at all, makes no difference to me, does not change my game play at all.

Thank you :) I felt really weird because I just wanted to share my exciting. I didn't know what I did wrong. : \ Me too :)
  • Options
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    simgame wrote: »
    @Ciarassims if the rumor of City Life is true, what do you think it would include besides the amazing city

In terms of jobs i'd say politics, but if the game in general i'd say places like food carts, subways, penthouses and apartments etc

I think they will showbusiness careers. BUT ts4 doesn't want to be doing the exact same thing as ts3 so maybe they will not

I'd think that would come with the 'Reality' GP in the survey.

What do you mean reality gp? Is there another rumor XD
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I have to say, it was very refreshing for me to see that someone was not trashing Maxis they were excited nice job @simgame then the whole thread got turned around in the first post under it, and it became again a trashing thread. I think if someone is excited then maybe we could be a little more optimistic in our replies and have that poster feel good about posting. Yes, disagree if you have to but do it with some care for the excitement of the person that posted. It is not often that posts are positive, and I think it is quite refreshing. I am looking forward to the city life ep, Not sure on the toddlers, but they will come, in my opinion in due time. Or they may not come at all, makes no difference to me, does not change my game play at all.

Thank you :) I felt really weird because I just wanted to share my exciting. I didn't know what I did wrong. : \ Me too :)

I my opinion you did nothing wrong, thanks for brightening my day.
  • Options

:)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

The topic heading infers they listened to us. Not me, I haven't seen what I would like to see, so this actually belongs in the EP section, no offense to the OP, they may not know that. And 'listening to us' is subjective and invites critiquing those statements depending on what wasn't implemented from 'listening'. It would depend on which player thought they had. In my case, no. Because I still have relationship culling and decay but not installed the last patch. The last three were enough to ruin my game anyway. Not going to bet on it again.

So, making a heading they are listening (when it's really about the EP) invites dissent depending on if you think they are nor not.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    @Ciarassims if the rumor of City Life is true, what do you think it would include besides the amazing city

In terms of jobs i'd say politics, but if the game in general i'd say places like food carts, subways, penthouses and apartments etc

I think they will showbusiness careers. BUT ts4 doesn't want to be doing the exact same thing as ts3 so maybe they will not

It's here
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    they never said they listened, they said they hear us. not the same thing
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    Hi :)

You have to remember that it's Feedback and not Trashing the game. You gave your feedback- and so, if they are listening to Feedback, why would you Stop giving Feedback? Once you get what you want then everyone else who hasn't is just trashing the game? Truth- they're begging and giving feedback so they ccan be Happy and Excited about their Favoritest game in the world, The Sim (me).

Happy for you. I hope to be happy for all Simmers who cry in the dark for their Sims.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

The topic heading infers they listened to us. Not me, I haven't seen what I would like to see, so this actually belongs in the EP section, no offense to the OP, they may not know that. And 'listening to us' is subjective and invites critiquing those statements depending on what wasn't implemented from 'listening'. It would depend on which player thought they had. In my case, no. Because I still have relationship culling and decay but not installed the last patch. The last three were enough to ruin my game anyway. Not going to bet on it again.

So, making a heading they are listening (when it's really about the EP) invites dissent depending on if you think they are nor not.

There are multible groups that want something else, so you can't blaime me for calling being in a 'group' that wants a big city in ts4. And I didn't know that this should have been in the EP section. But honostly, does it matter? It's just a small mistake and it has nothing to do with the thing that I'm trying to say
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

You have to remember that it's Feedback and not Trashing the game. You gave your feedback- and so, if they are listening to Feedback, why would you Stop giving Feedback? Once you get what you want then everyone else who hasn't is just trashing the game? Truth- they're begging and giving feedback so they ccan be Happy and Excited about their Favoritest game in the world, The Sim (me).

Happy for you. I hope to be happy for all Simmers who cry in the dark for their Sims.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    lejoninna wrote: »
    they never said they listened, they said they hear us. not the same thing
    : |
  • Options

It's here

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2016

There are multible groups that want something else, so you can't blaime me for calling being in a 'group' that wants a big city in ts4. And I didn't know that this should have been in the EP section. But honostly, does it matter? It's just a small mistake and it has nothing to do with the thing that I'm trying to say

There is no evidence at all this will be a big city world for one thing. The evidence we do have is Guru Grant said at one time no, highly unlikely there would be more than four or five lots in any 'district' because their focus is on this game's performance capabilities, and loading times. Said it wasn't impossible but unlikely due to focus of loading and performance. So, I think you may be setting yourself up for a big, big disappointment if it's not like Bridgeport and only two to four buildings in an area. But have fun. For me I love urban cities, and want more grime and grit etc. More dark Sim humor with muggings, burglars, etc. However, I have learned this game can't handle many things like the past due to the performance issues or we wouldn't have relationship decay and relationship culling (added for performance sake) So, I hope you won't be disappointed when it's not like (huge) Bridgeport and has just a few buildings.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

There is no evidence at all this will be a big city world for one thing. The evidence we do have is Guru Grant said at one time no, highly unlikely there would be more than four or five lots in any 'district' because their focus is on this game's performance capabilities, and loading times. Said it wasn't impossible but unlikely due to focus of loading and performance. So, I think you may be setting yourself up for a big, big disappointment if it's not like Bridgeport and only two to four buildings in an area. But have fun. For me I love urban cities, and want more grime and grit etc. More dark Sim humor with muggings, burglars, etc. However, I have learned this game can't handle many things like the past due to the performance issues or we wouldn't have relationship decay and relationship culling (added for performance sake) So, I hope you won't be disappointed when it's not like (huge) Bridgeport and a few buildings.

I hope it too
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited August 2016
    I meant no offence. I don't think anybody should be getting carried away over a rumour. I'm not saying you shouldn't be excited, if that's what you want to do, but until Maxis announce whatever it's just rumour and speculation.

Sorry.
  • Options

There is no evidence at all this will be a big city world for one thing. The evidence we do have is Guru Grant said at one time no, highly unlikely there would be more than four or five lots in any 'district' because their focus is on this game's performance capabilities, and loading times. Said it wasn't impossible but unlikely due to focus of loading and performance. So, I think you may be setting yourself up for a big, big disappointment if it's not like Bridgeport and only two to four buildings in an area. But have fun. For me I love urban cities, and want more grime and grit etc. More dark Sim humor with muggings, burglars, etc. However, I have learned this game can't handle many things like the past due to the performance issues or we wouldn't have relationship decay and relationship culling (added for performance sake) So, I hope you won't be disappointed when it's not like (huge) Bridgeport and a few buildings.

Is that why magnolia promenade is features 4 lots because of the performance? Cmon.... When I used to have a low end laptop it could still handle sunset valley and thats pretty big.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    I will put in my Wish for Apocalypse City Zombies... with a specific way of turning them for player option and control! _Woot~! :mask::mrgreen:
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    They are "listening" to us like they "listened" to us before making Sims 4. And they are "hearing" us just fine too!
    lol_zpsw529ipfs.gif
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited August 2016
    nevermind

• Options

Is that why magnolia promenade is features 4 lots because of the performance? Cmon.... When I used to have a low end laptop it could still handle sunset valley and thats pretty big.

You will have to ask them. But there must have been something wrong to add in Relationship Culling in a Dec. patch because of poor performance issues, and again in one of the patches in the last two months (?) Relationship Decay to the mix so Sims would be culled out of panels and knowing our Sims. So, to me it 'seems' when they want to add something they have to take away our gameplay. Careful what we wish for is my advice. Next time might be the family members get culled.
  • Options
    I ask myself sometimes if this game/ the world in the game is so small because of all the low end computers smh...
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I ask myself sometimes if this game/ the world in the game is so small because of all the low end computers smh...

Could be a whole slew of things, like memory leaks, loading times, skipping, lag etc. Who knows. But I consider a game to have memory leaks (without even checking for them) if when minimized they are still using the same amount of CPU usage as when in full screen and even on pause.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I could be completely off base here, but this thread - to me -is like... "Mom, Dad! The grass is gonna be all green real soon!
    "Yeah, be quiet. It needs mowing!"
    :disappointed:
  • Options
    I could be completely off base here, but this thread - to me -is like... "Mom, Dad! The grass is gonna be all green real soon!
    "Yeah, be quiet. It needs mowing!"
    :disappointed:

lol, yeah, but it will need mowing. So get a lawn mower now. :D