Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what do you think of the new EP?

Comments

• Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    Oh good grief, now others are saying that this is true? it is a Rumor for crying out loud, I won't believe it until EA or Maxis says it is so, shakes head.

A "rumor" gets posted on the website of a government agency that rates video games that EA sends to for classification in said country?

Please.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Oh good grief, now others are saying that this is true? it is a Rumor for crying out loud, I won't believe it until EA or Maxis says it is so, shakes head.

A "rumor" gets posted on the website of a government agency that rates video games that EA sends to for classification in said country?

Please.

Again I will not believe it until EA or Maxis says it is true, I am off the hype train.
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member

Please.

Again I will not believe it until EA or Maxis says it is true, I am off the hype train.

The only way something like that would get posted on such a website would be directly from EA channels. Consider it as good as true.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member

Please.

The only way something like that would get posted on such a website would be directly from EA channels. Consider it as good as true.

Nope.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    SimsGuru's love to tease especially when it comes to leaks like this, I hope there's more gameplay than decoration stuff. I want to see spiral stairs and murphy beds to come back and bunk beds too but that's what I want though
  • Options
    GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    edited August 2016
    It's something that I wanted really bad, but I can't get too excited because the base is still lacking and we don't know much stuff about this new EP, if it's like The Sims 3's apartments then it's absolutely awful.

If it is like AL though it will open so many new possibilities, there was a lot of ideas that I had that simply couldn't work without apartments and now they will come true.

Nothing prevents them for adding both apartments and penthouses like that survey suggested actually.

Overall I feel like they chose the theme very well, I don't think it's an EP's job to fix a base game, hopefully they will add more base features but they should come as patches, EPs are for additional content, not glorified patches.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    what the title says.

http://ts4news.com/post/149087951377/the-third-expansion-pack-isdrum
    this is what I'm talking about

Well I hope it's bringing the slow dance back. This would be the perfect ep to do that./
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited August 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Oh my god.

If this is real, which it 99% is, I'll be so happy. I wanted a City World the most.

I just hope it's not like Late Night which had barely any gameplay. They will need to include some major gameplay. I don't want "Celebrities in The City"

I normally try to ignore your posts, but I had to laugh at this. Late Night had barely any gameplay?

- New World: Bridgeport
    - Vampires
    - New NPCs: Musicians, Celebrities, Bouncers, Butlers, Paparazzi
    - Penthouses, Apartments,
    - Curved Pools, Fountain Tools, Halfwalls (Patched to Base)
    - Muscle Definition Slider, Breast Size Slider (Patched to Base)
    - 8 Lifetime Rewards
    - Hot tubs, Elevators, Celebrity trailer (all WooHooable)
    - Bands
    - New Film career
    - Piano, Bass, Drum, Mixology skills
    - Bands
    - Subways
    - 2 New traits
    - New Radio station
    - NPC Parties
    - Bars, Clubs, Lounges
    - Group outings
    - Zodiac signs
    - New insects, metals to collect.

Come on.
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Oh my god.

If this is real, which it 99% is, I'll be so happy. I wanted a City World the most.

I just hope it's not like Late Night which had barely any gameplay. They will need to include some major gameplay. I don't want "Celebrities in The City"

Late Night had tons of gameplay, I think you might be mistaking it for Get Together.

It really didn't.

- Vampires (which were half done and finished in Supernatural)
    - Living in an Apartment got boring real quick, because it wasn't like an actual Apartment (Sims 2). It was also patched in for free in CAW, and Roaring Heights uses them as well.
    - Broken Celeb System, which was bare boned unless you bought Showtime. Otherwise it was famous for knowing someone famous.
    - New Career
    - Starting a Band
    - Mixology Skill (which should have been base game seeing as you could mix drinks)
    - Venues (that were available in the base game, but EA sold them to you again, with extra objects and a broken Bouncer system). And weren't even complete unless you paid another $40 for Showtime for the DJ Booth.

What else? Get Together at least added new Venues, the new Club system (which is more substantial than anything Late Night provided), and heaps of build/buy/cas items. Something that Late Night was bashed for, seeing as it added VERY little.
    Most of Late Night was EA reselling base game stuff with extra stuff, or selling part of an idea, and selling it later in Showtime or other EP's.

There's a reason why fans gave Late Night a 52/100, and get Together a 76/100.
    Get Together added a ton of stuff, it just may not mean a lot to some people.

For example, I found Into The Future boring, and empty. However, realistically, it had a lot of content for the price and was actually well made. It feels empty because I don't use the content. For those who really use the content in Get Together, it's worth it.

:)

EDIT:

NPCS: Broken Bouncers and Paparazzi? Musicians were in the base game, just improved. Celebrity system was also broken. Butler is the only major one.
    The Apartments and Penthouses were rushed. They are basically just a floating house. I hope The Sims 4 does it better that that.
    Patched to Base doesn't really count. I don't count Basements as part of GTW for example.
    Lifetime Rewards was good, and EA REALLY need to improve that with 4 because it's a joke.

Most of the rest of what was posted is general fluff you would find in an EP.

The main part of late Night is still either unfinished or finishes off what was already there.
  • Options
    GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    I really hope they learned from their mistakes with that Lane Night's celebrity system, I had to use a mod to remove it from my game by basically raising the difficulty so much that it was impossible to gain any points in it.

Remember how in The Sims Superstar you had to work really hard to be famous? in Lane Night it's the opposite, you have to avoid getting famous.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    It's more than rumour, and less than fact. It's speculation based on some fairly strong evidence.
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I wouldn't mind this pack at all. Always loved late night and sims 2 apartment life. I hope if it is true, we will hear it soon.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    It's real 100%
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    ElepridymalElepridymal Posts: 16 New Member

I dunno. If it meant that an apartment building with four units couldn't have more than 8 Sims living in the whole building, I think I'd rather have loading screens. It's not like my Sims spend all day visiting each other's houses now...

Why 8? The game has 20 sims in one lot limit
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    what the title says.

Well I hope it's bringing the slow dance back. This would be the perfect ep to do that./

Why? I live in the downtown of a big city. Pretty sure there's almost no slow dancing here, unless you're talking the first dance at someone's wedding. And by "almost no" I mean absolutely none, at all.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

I dunno. If it meant that an apartment building with four units couldn't have more than 8 Sims living in the whole building, I think I'd rather have loading screens. It's not like my Sims spend all day visiting each other's houses now...

Why 8? The game has 20 sims in one lot limit

8 Sims can live in a household.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    what the title says.

Why? I live in the downtown of a big city. Pretty sure there's almost no slow dancing here, unless you're talking the first dance at someone's wedding. And by "almost no" I mean absolutely none, at all.

Maybe he meant ballroom dancing?

Ballrooms are associated with big cities to an extent :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Well talking of dancing, barn dances would be fun to animate. I have got just the place in Windenburg.
  • Options
    what the title says.

Only in big hotels. And they're used for weddings. Otherwise, no, not really at all.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    what the title says.

Only in big hotels. And they're used for weddings. Otherwise, no, not really at all.

Maybe slow dancing could come back in hotels? ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @Grynn I loved The Sims Superstar! It was the best celebrity pack in my opinion. It was ridiculously hard to reach the top of those careers and in a way was the first active career!
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I also loved Superstar! i hope if they do a celebrity pack it would be like that....that was a very fun pack
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    These are my true thoughts. How the heck would I know? I have a place marker for a game rating on some site that does game ratings. What would it contain? Beats me. As I can no longer depend on Maxis to actually stick to a theme anymore. The other EPs and GPs have been all over the place and even worse for themes of stuff packs not sticking to a theme.

I said I could no longer support the game for the direction it is going since day one. Took me awhile to see that. Though I though DO was a good GP to add to this game but the game suffers with bigger problems than places to go or things to do. Such as personality failure attempts by those over such matters. Depth or Soul or all that sort of jazz. It hasn't improved on those fronts at all. Then add in relationship culling so Simmers figured that out this past Dec. and tricked the game by becoming friends with homeless etc. which would stop them from being culled so much...well, that got nipped in the bud by relationship decay so they would hurry and lose those friendships so the game could go back to randomly culling those Sims you spent a lot of time making a friend. Out smarted the players as in no, no, we are going to have relationship culling no matter if you over came it, we are adding in relationship decay to aggressively kill those off and foil your Simming plans.

So, it is going to have to totally change direction and all on this one EP because after two years I'm way past tired of waiting to see the type of game I want this game to be...you know, The Sims series.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EvaliynEvaliyn Posts: 129 Member
    @Grynn I loved The Sims Superstar! It was the best celebrity pack in my opinion. It was ridiculously hard to reach the top of those careers and in a way was the first active career!

Super Star was so amazing, so hard too...not every sim could reach 5 starts. Was so fantastic! I would like to see something like that again (but I'm afraid that they will do something half-backed -.-)
  • Options
    Chula0727Chula0727 Posts: 2 New Member
    I strongly believe this is real and will happen! Now is it going to be better than what they have put out so far? maybe, maybe not. Don't forget, Get Together also started out as a "rumor" that was leaked XD.

If this turns out to actually be a rumor, then EA is really just playing games with the fans. Its been 2 years and we have only seen 2 actual expansions (that although are pretty good, they are easy to go through and get bored of), and we have yet to hear anything about the 3rd one directly from them.

Thinking about it now, if it where just a false rumor, then EA would have squashed it by now saying its not true. When they are not denying or confirming something, usually it means its true.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    what the title says.

Because it s a nightlife ep it should include more dating related activities.