Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ruby and The Grim Reaper - A Bear, a Painting and a Computer

Comments

• Options
    ScarlettScarlett Posts: 796 Member
    edited August 2009
    Ohhaii Ruby. *waves* Since we can't PM (grawrrrr) I'm posting here. I like your blog. :D

Also, Faith is cute. I'm actually glad to hear you don't like Despair, because usually I don't like any of my in-game kids and I feel bad.
  • Options
    warnergirlswarnergirls Posts: 298 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ruby you are the best writer EVER! i can;t wait for more!! Evil and creepy...i love it!

Edit: Bys the way, i's a fan. ;)
  • Options
    NyappyMuffinNyappyMuffin Posts: 363 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Just read through all 32 pages...XD

This has got to be the best thread ever....Grim, cute but evil little kids, Computer crashes (bummer 'bout that, though Dx), time traveling(lol), and even Lolcats and Alice & Zed =DDD

Eh heh heh, you've got yet another fan (B -bookmarks-
  • Options
    MeredithMeredith Posts: 18,855 Member
    edited August 2009
    Awwww I was hopeing youd have twins. Oh well. YAYs anyways
    175SpAtt.gif
  • Options
    warnergirlswarnergirls Posts: 298 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I love it! muahahahaha
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    vivicanavivicana Posts: 374 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Loved the update, still checking the thread weekly. I always come back and have to read through several pages but don't mind. Upload despair I'll put him in with my evil ghost family.
  • Options
    IsmeldaHuineIsmeldaHuine Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Does Grim show up in the family tree as the father? Because in my game he doesnt. ):

No, he doesn't and it REALLY bugs me.
    I know that i couldn't have children with dark skin if the Grim Reaper was not considered as the father of the child.

I had a child with him just before patching. If I let him go instead of inviting him to move in, children were born without father and of my skin tone. So I took my old saved game and invited him to move in just after the baby conception.

From then he was very fatherly, wanted to read book about pregnancy, to speak to the tummy and was even with the mommy at the hospital to carry one of the twin. And this time the babies had him as father and one of them (my actual avatar) was as black as jet like her father.

I guess you need to have a talk with him (no idea to do what) so he actually be a father and not an anonymous donor of genetic material.
  • Options
    GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited August 2009
    Verrry interesssting. Peter Lorre would approve. Keep up the good and hard work.
  • Options
    VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited August 2009
    Does Grim show up in the family tree as the father? Because in my game he doesnt. ):

No, he doesn't and it REALLY bugs me.
    I know that i couldn't have children with dark skin if the Grim Reaper was not considered as the father of the child.

Huh. I've seen photos (and videos) of Reaper-seduction where the babies came out black-skinned even though Grim remained an NPC in that game.

Also, I love this thread. So much. Ruby, you are the one who inspired me to start playing with kill-kennels :twisted:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Huh. I've seen photos (and videos) of Reaper-seduction where the babies came out black-skinned even though Grim remained an NPC in that game.

Also, I love this thread. So much. Ruby, you are the one who inspired me to start playing with kill-kennels :twisted:
    Maybe that was before the last patch. All I know is that after trying a lot of time with the new patch, I never got any jet black skinned babies without the Grim Reaper in my household.

On the other hand they say its a 50% chances... Though I always have twins and tried like 5 or 6 times without him in the household and only got non black skinned babies each time.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Maybe that was before the last patch. All I know is that after trying a lot of time with the new patch, I never got any jet black skinned babies without the Grim Reaper in my household.

On the other hand they say its a 50% chances... Though I always have twins and tried like 5 or 6 times without him in the household and only got non black skinned babies each time.

Really? Getting pregnant from the Grim Reaper shouldn't be possible at all without him in your household (or at least in your neighborhood) after the latest patch, be the offspring black-skinned or normal.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Really? Getting pregnant from the Grim Reaper shouldn't be possible at all without him in your household (or at least in your neighborhood) after the latest patch, be the offspring black-skinned or normal.

I had a saved game where he and I just had tried to a baby. I patched just after. So I could either go on with the pregnancy and ignore him or invite him to move in. I tried the pregnancy without him and never got any black-skinned babies and they had no father. But when invited him in the household, they had a father and one was black-skinned.

In resumé the game knew I was pregnant but didn't get the father as long the Grim Reaper was not invited to move in. If Ruby child is fatherless then she needs to do something like kicking him out and inviting him in again or something like that so that the game will know he is the father (unless she cheated with the postman).
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You know, you're making me wonder now...

Grim is my main playable sim now, I got him in my household and never let go (too much fun watching the looming specter of death weeding the garden. Yanno?) Sometime back, I had him knock up Holly Alto, but I really didn't want that goody two-shoes living with me. I just wanted some free-range reaperbabies running around.

I musta replayed the last day of that girl's pregnancy at least 6 times (hey, if I don't like what genetics does, why not give it another go?), and not once did the kid pop out with black skin.

That said, the game does know Grim's the father. They just never lived together.

I may have to test this theory now. I mean, Grim's happy with his pretty young wife in my town, but it's obvious he's not the one-woman kind of guy. There's always "best friends" and hidden corners of tourable public buildings....
  • Options
    WolfieWolfie Posts: 2,557 New Member
    edited August 2009

This has got to be the best thread ever....Grim, cute but evil little kids, Computer crashes (bummer 'bout that, though Dx), time traveling(lol), and even Lolcats and Alice & Zed =DDD

^_^ So SOMEONE understood what I said before... xD Alice and Zededias were sent to cheer Ruby up.

Anyway, this thread is, and I hate to use the over-used word... EPIC. >__< Please keep us all updated, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who's bookmarked. =) Despair is cool, although I'm still a bit disappointed he didn't get the Reaper skin... xP But Sims 3 will be Sims 3, eh? :lol: I will definitely stay tuned.

Speaking of which... anyone see this thread?

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/87372.page

The story so far hasn't enraptured me as much as this one, but the author has mentioned you a lot in it. O_o
  • Options
    NyappyMuffinNyappyMuffin Posts: 363 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Wolfie wrote:

^_^ So SOMEONE understood what I said before... xD Alice and Zededias were sent to cheer Ruby up.

Anyway, this thread is, and I hate to use the over-used word... EPIC. >__< Please keep us all updated, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who's bookmarked. =) Despair is cool, although I'm still a bit disappointed he didn't get the Reaper skin... xP But Sims 3 will be Sims 3, eh? :lol: I will definitely stay tuned.

Speaking of which... anyone see this thread?

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/87372.page

The story so far hasn't enraptured me as much as this one, but the author has mentioned you a lot in it. O_o

Lol, yup! =D I love Alic & Kev...or should I say, Alice & Zed...:wink: I wanna read the next chaaappptterrrrr x)

Awhs, but this thread DESERVES to noticed for it's epicness, however over-used it may be :lol::mrgreen:

And I'll go check it out ^^
  • Options
    jktee511jktee511 Posts: 7,501 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ruby, you had aspired me!

When World Adventures is out, I am going to my sims try for baby with a non-playable NPC!
  • Options
    JKG33JKG33 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited August 2009
    JKG33 wrote:
    For the house, how did you build the basement? ive been trying for a while and it never seems to be at the right depth. Then I couldnt get a door to the 1st level.

I used the stairs to dig into the ground. Three sets = perfect basement height.

zkg8w5.jpg

ok, thanks!
  • Options
    DanteTheDarkDanteTheDark Posts: 926 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Weird you go far with your story... and I get banned for mine... though thats EA for ya.
  • Options
    RubytheFuzzledRubytheFuzzled Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I guess you need to have a talk with him (no idea to do what) so he actually be a father and not an anonymous donor of genetic material.

Eh, we're both happier the way things are. He doesn't have to look after Faith and Despair, and Faith and Despair won't have to deal with having the Grim Reaper meeting their friends after school.

Unless I don't like their friends, of course.
    If Ruby child is fatherless then she needs to do something like kicking him out and inviting him in again or something like that so that the game will know he is the father (unless she cheated with the postman).

Do I really seem like that type? Really?

Both Faith and Despair ARE Grims kids though, there is no doubt. In my own game, I'm faithful. In everyone elses...
    Weird you go far with your story... and I get banned for mine... though thats EA for ya.

Umm, EA loves me? I dunno. Maybe it's cuz my story is all in one thread...
  • Options
    poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited August 2009
    Moar pictures please (see I even said please).
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    poida217 wrote:
    Moar pictures please (see I even said please).

I has to actually play the game first. I've been vereh busy.
  • Options
    cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ruby, I love your current avi. Is that are scar, if so where did you get it? :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    cupcake wrote:
    Ruby, I love your current avi. Is that are scar, if so where did you get it? :D

I was fighting off sparkly vampires, and the fangirls got to me.

(It's at TSR, actually)
  • Options
    poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited August 2009
    I has to actually play the game first. I've been vereh busy.

You can increase the number of hours in your day by 6-8 if you don't sleep (even if sleep is nice).
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    poida217 wrote:
    You can increase the number of hours in your day by 6-8 if you don't sleep (even if sleep is nice).

RubytheFuzzled never sleeps. She waits.