Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What EP do you think we'll get a new lifestate with?

Comments

• Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    edited April 2016
    @Cinebar oh, well an off switch would be nice. it's just people that think lifestates/supes shouldn't be added at all that bother me.

i wish they'd consider supernatural gamepacks too since they're not putting them in as many, if any, EPs this time. i think GPs are big enough to flesh them out and have CAS/build/buy items that fit the lifestate. idk though.
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Tbh I think vampires would have been perfect for Get Together. I hope they come soon though (next EP maybe...)
    yeah, they would've fit in perfectly. a european world, night clubs... :(
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I think Bigfoot will return in a future ep cause he was mentioned in a Sims 4 Survey.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @ebuchala, thank you, I couldn't think of what they are called. lol Haven't had my DW fix in months. Netflix and Hulu have removed all DW series from their line up. :s I haven't binged on that series in months. :'( Wanted to watch the other night and darn it they have both just wiped them off their networks.

Did they? I haven't actually checked recently because my daughter's been on a cooking/Gordon Ramsey binge so we've been watching all the Gordon Ramsey shows and the cooking competitions (Chopped, Cutthroat Kitchen, etc.). Does Amazon have them still? I guess sometimes the licensing ends for the streaming and they don't bother to renew it.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't know I haven't checked Amazon, I started binging on the old Dark Shadows series since I couldn't find DW on those websites. lol I binge for days. lol Yeah, I love Ramsay, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited April 2016
    I think there should be a "supernatural pack" that contains the 4.
    Sorcerers, Werewolves, Fairies and Vampires
    obviously Pets bring Animals, and further build Werewolves.

I think they should bring World adventure game packs.
    One can be Greece, and it could bring mythology, and deities, Gorgons. I would love to see that
    Another could be a island paradise and bring Merfolk.
    Somewhere Middle East, I say Dubai. And bring in the Genie.
    Lyndsay said life states were never meant to be tradition so don't count on it. As we see they aren't holding to any traditions this time. Huge backlash for aliens in GTW. I think that did it.

Correction they said, introducing a life state in every pack wasn't suppose to be a tradition. They never said they would stop reintroducing them. And how Get together would have been perfect for Sorcerers, werewolves and/or vampires I'll never understand that logic.

Then again I think a modern big city like world should come with supernaturals instead of a spooky mysterious town, So who am I to judge.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    BOY wrote: »
    idk since they broke the "non-tradition" of a new lifestate per pack. i'd love one in whatever the next pack is, i hope we get vampires or witches soon... mermaids would be cool sometime too.
    Lyndsay said life states were never meant to be tradition so don't count on it. As we see they aren't holding to any traditions this time. Huge backlash for aliens in GTW. I think that did it.
    didn't know there was a huge backlash for aliens. why was there? i hate that people want them to leave out lifestates but the same people are upset that toddlers were left out. so hypocritical...
    Why do you say this "the same people are upset that toddlers were left out. so hypocritical" are you saying everyone that wants toddlers hates Supernaturals?... those evil people for wanting toddlers its all their fault. Most complaints I've seen about aliens is they are not optional and have filled people towns that decide to use the science career. I don't use the science career and delete game generated townies so its never been an issue for me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    I have a total love hate with supernaturals, some have been done well, others I've hated how they were portrayed. I hope we will get game packs dedicated to specific types so that we can pick and choose, vs having them included (with no on/off toggle) in an EP centred around other things.

I think aliens were a frustration even for those of us who like them usually - me - because some time you don't WANT a game with aliens. Some of my (s3) saves are realistic and serious, others are wacky and filled with magic or some thing inbetween. Without the ability to toggle them, they infested my world whether I wanted that to be a factor in that story or not. No amount of tweaking the frequency of abductions will help if there is no OPTION for the player. I want to be able to set aliens (or any life state) to be off, rare, common, or abundant as I like! So that... You know... I rule?

Secondly, I want the toggle option because I have not always liked EA's take on lifestates. *cough*zombies*cough*. I usually want my supernaturals to be...more serious? I guess? I'd love zombies to invade my game, but traditional dangerous zombies! Not weird plant destroying zombies that are chosen randomly every full moon. Zombification is not like menstration. You don't just turn into one once a month sometimes. Common now. I know they don't exist but let's not completely abandon every work of fiction ever made about them, shall we? The e for everyone vampires leave a lot to be desired too. Biting is friendly? What the actual frick?

That being said, at least if ea adds them they can be modded into something that appeals more to me. I loved my Buffy the Vampire slayer save in sims 3. What a blast! Modded the vampires to be a threat and had her and her friends hunt them down... Good stuff.

Realistically there are so many folks that want supernaturals I HAVE to believe we will see "the big three" - vamps, were's and witches. They'd be silly not to eventually include them.

My hope is - if not tailored GPs - then one big Supernatural Ep with min 3 states.
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Why do you say this "the same people are upset that toddlers were left out. so hypocritical" are you saying everyone that wants toddlers hates Supernaturals?... those evil people for wanting toddlers its all their fault.
    :neutral: no, obviously not every person that wants toddlers is like that. just a lot of people i've seen that are against supernaturals are also angry that toddlers aren't in the game. i'd like if toddlers were added too, i'm not against them or people that want them - just the ones with the idea that leaving out X is great but leaving out Y is absolutely unacceptable. those people, not everybody.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I'm not counting on it since Lyndsay said once per pack was never meant as a tradition

Sorry but if my supernaturals never come it is bye bye sims. For now I am patiently waiting.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    skyesterskyester Posts: 43 Member
    I hope they add more lifestates, but like others mentioned I hope we would have the option to have them in game or not.

I'd have different saves. Some more serious and 'normal' and another I recreated a bunch of fairytale characters so the different lifestates really worked.

I think just having the option to turn any lifestate on or off would solve a lot of people's complaints.

For example I didn't buy the supernatural pack for the longest time in Sims 3 because the whole vampire and werewolf thing was not appealing to me. But I finally broke down because I liked a lot of the cas stuff and furniture. I was excited to find out that if I didn't want witches in my game then I didn't have to have them.
  • Options
    blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    I love lifestates... when I'm a few generations in, and I'm running out of unique ways to play for each new Sim, I'll often make one of them a supernatural. It's not something I use all the time, but it's still something fun and different to experiment with every so often, so I'm pretty bummed that they're not so generous with new creatures this time around. I'm sure a Supernatural EP will come around though, but I did like the old tradition of one each EP. As for the news that apparently there was backlash for aliens in GTW, why? I can't understand complaining about extra content.

On a side note, I actually think werewolves would have been a really good fit for Get Together. Hear me out. The introduced club system would be perfect for werewolf packs.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    I want mermaids and vampires the most. Plumbots would be great too.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    I miss them all almost XD Pets, toddlers, supernatural.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    To be honest, I hope they don't focus on adding a new Life State to every pack if the reason is just to add one, whilst I love life states, I must admit that I'd rather them focusing on the pack's theme than adding a life state that may not have anything to do with the pack :p
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    To be honest, I hope they don't focus on adding a new Life State to every pack if the reason is just to add one, whilst I love life states, I must admit that I'd rather them focusing on the pack's theme than adding a life state that may not have anything to do with the pack :p

Yes, because TS2 packs were so horrible because they included a lifestate. (sarcasm)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    princessdylanprincessdylan Posts: 124 Member
    I'm not counting on it since Lyndsay said once per pack was never meant as a tradition

Sorry but if my supernaturals never come it is bye bye sims. For now I am patiently waiting.

Same here I think new lifestates in the Sims 2 and 3 always kept it interesting and made it easier to go crazy in CAS and make wacky stories too, I would like an off switch though
    qodtl3.jpg
    Gallery & Origin: princessdyland
    I play the Sims 2/3/4 & Medieval
    Please use she/her pronouns (:
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

Yeah, but didn't they say that after they left out Vamps (or whatever) in GT?

I agree with you though :)

--T
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    I don't see PlantSims as supernaturals, per se. They're more... mutated. That being said, I can't wait to have them back in a seasons EP à la TS2. They were always my favourite life state; the Greenmans were my favourite family in Riverblossom Hills!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    To7m wrote: »

--T

No? They never said Vamps (or any other Supernatural) were supposed to be in GT. The community did thinking that GT was Nightlife/Late Night, which it isn't.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Beanfoot wrote: »
    I don't see PlantSims as supernaturals, per se. They're more... mutated. That being said, I can't wait to have them back in a seasons EP à la TS2. They were always my favourite life state; the Greenmans were my favourite family in Riverblossom Hills!
    I'm excited to see what clay/maxis match plantsim hair and clothes would look like, so far I've had to make do with CC skins and clothing for my different lifestates
    qodtl3.jpg
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

Nah they aren't

Supernatural are:
    Witches
    Werewolves
    Vampires
    Fairies
    Mermaids
    Genie
    Zombie/Mummy
    Ghost/Grim Reaper
    Unicorn

yeah maybe in seasons, maybe as a new serum that can be produced by Scientists too.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

--T

No? They never said Vamps (or any other Supernatural) were supposed to be in GT. The community did thinking that GT was Nightlife/Late Night, which it isn't.

That was it! Thanks, I genuinely couldn't remember how it went, I just remembered that everyone was upset there were no vampires and they came out with that comment about tradition.

You're right though, it was the whole nightlife/downtown drama.

--T
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

--T

That was it! Thanks, I genuinely couldn't remember how it went, I just remembered that everyone was upset there were no vampires and they came out with that comment about tradition.

You're right though, it was the whole nightlife/downtown drama.

--T

Yup, it was crazy for a while. Some people were even trying to get them to add vamps later on, like it's too late. The pack is already out lol.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Nah they aren't

Supernatural are:
    Witches
    Werewolves
    Vampires
    Fairies
    Mermaids
    Genie
    Zombie/Mummy
    Ghost/Grim Reaper
    Unicorn

yeah maybe in seasons, maybe as a new serum that can be produced by Scientists too.

Yes! Oh my gosh, the mischief opportunities. Pouring PlantSim serum into a hot tub? Into a pool? A fountain? Sprinkling it on your frenemy's/disloyal lover's food? A ready-made greenhouse, UV lamps, and composting, oh my!
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Nah they aren't

Supernatural are:
    Witches
    Werewolves
    Vampires
    Fairies
    Mermaids
    Genie
    Zombie/Mummy
    Ghost/Grim Reaper
    Unicorn

Yes! Oh my gosh, the mischief opportunities. Pouring PlantSim serum into a hot tub? Into a pool? A fountain? Sprinkling it on your frenemy's/disloyal lover's food? A ready-made greenhouse, UV lamps, and composting, oh my!

Imagine how plantsims could be incorporated with herbalism and the rest of outdoor retreat
    qodtl3.jpg