Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited March 2016
    I love all the ideas so far!
    [*] Walk styles change as they learn to walk better. Also running instead of walking.
    [*] The ability for them to wreck havoc on everything

OH YES PLEASE! Running would be a new thing for Toddlers In the series, It would be a cute animation for them to run to the door when a parent arrives from work or returning from another lot. This could be expanded through pets for when the dog/cat plays chase with the Toddler or hide and seek with the dog/cat.

Running should totally be added for Toddlers. :bawling::bawling:
    And of course... they do have to learn how to walk first and should be given the ability to come down the stairs.

Sims 4 = Time For Advanced Toddlers and their Interactions/Animations. :naughty:
  • Options
    tiianabootiianaboo Posts: 5 New Member
    > @elanorbreton said:
    > The multi-tasking is a good point and I have always wanted something of the sort with toddlers. Like, if our sim was sat eating at the table they could also shovel a few spoonfuls to the nearby toddler in the highchair. Two being fed at once. Watching tv and cuddling your toddler to sleep on your lap, and then carrying the little one up to their crib.
    >
    > It also always bugged me that sometimes a toddler was sat in their crib for a while before they dropped off to sleep. Why not let them play with a teddy bear from their inventory? Then to actually see the toddler cuddling the bear while they fell asleep. And to have a duvet, instead of no coverings - I know there was talk about the toddler sitting up through the covering when they woke, but this could be worked around by having the covering fall off the toddler to one side, or down to the bottom of the crib when they awoke. Then mum or dad could make the toddlers 'bed' and tidy it all up.
    >
    > Also, an addition for low-down toddler beds once a toddler is able to walk. They could then climb in and out by themselves.
    >
    > Edit: Definitely need to be able to give toddlers a bath in the bathtub.

If we ever get toddlers I would LOVEE to give them a bath in the bathtub.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Also, If Toddlers are able to walk down the stairs.. please Implement Toddler gates for us because I just wouldn't wanna have to deal with my toddler being outside running and playing around alllll the time. :lol::love:
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »
    Also, If Toddlers are able to walk down the stairs.. please Implement Toddler gates for us because I just wouldn't wanna have to deal with my toddler being outside running and playing around alllll the time. :lol::love:

and climb up like little animals. i used to do that as a toddler and child. climb the stairs on all fours
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    bmit04bmit04 Posts: 57 Member
    All the things we currently have from Sims 3
    All the things Sims 3 is missing from Sims 2 e.g. sleeping in toddler beds, floor mats, pet beds
    Sandbox play
    toddler water pool
    drawing/scribbling a picture
    interactions with all family members including other toddlers
    Singing
    walking holding a hand
    Feed toddlers with a spoon and any fun interactions that could come from that like spitting
    more toy interactions Like a drum etc

Basically more options to help fill their day. But please....no special friend toy!
  • Options
    patymuicatpatymuicat Posts: 1 New Member
    Olá eu quero todas as funções que todos os outros jogos possuem para os bebês com a ideia de ter como os bebês terem uma piscininha e poderem aprender a nadar na piscina. Ter a opção de levá-lo a creche para aprender coisas para bebês. Poder mudar roupas, cabelos etc...
  • Options
    CrichtonFanCrichtonFan Posts: 11 New Member
    I'd love to see toddlers being able to fall asleep with family members whilst watching TV. For them to be able to sleep with parents in the parents bed. For them to be able to get sick occasionally and for the parents to be able to call the doctor for treatment support. For family members of all ages as well as friends and neighbours to be able to carry the toddler while conversing. I'd especially like toddlers to be able to eat with family at the dining table by having their high-chair pulled up close to it. For toddlers to learn by watching others talk or from watching them do chores or skills, like trying to dance to music. I'd love to see them interact with pets later on and for pets to be able to cuddle up and sleep with the toddler. Apart from this I'm happy as well with other people's suggestions.
    Someone else suggested a tie in with grandparent interaction ie. babysitting, I'd play with the elders, because at the moment I don't at all. So far elders have held no interest for me.
  • Options
    Valkyrie040Valkyrie040 Posts: 42 Member
    Tucking toddlers and children in bed, reading them stories in and out of bed, toddlers asking/demanding for a story to be read to them before bedtime. It would be great if they can have a sleepy moodlet once you start reading to them. More interaction not just with things but with other sims as well. Like they can play with other toddlers and form friendships with them, even have a bestfriend for life. They can ask their siblings/baby sitters for milk or candy when the parents aren't around. :-)
  • Options
    pupunikpupunik Posts: 62 Member
    It would also be cool but some toys:
    wooden horse
    swing
    ball (futbol type or volleyball)
    a play table (eg time cha, design or music) as in the sim free play) -Children could have access as well.
    playpens
    who have interactions with toy cars.

serial cool interactions as:
    runs out there
    jump
    sing
    please do not let the weepy babies but more natural.
    all right to cry when being uncomfortable or sad and be tearful when this tense but not all the time for everything.
    do parents ninarem the babies
    sing or read to them.
    to play hide-and-seek
    play police and thief
    Play catch-up

It would be nice.

but please do not forget the main thing:

cots (at least 3 please)
    tubs
    potty
    high chair
    building blocks
    Teddy bear

sorry English'm just working with the idea xD
  • Options
    pink86pink86 Posts: 5 New Member
    I loved the baby changing station and bath infant/toddler options from The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 oh and the danglemaster from The Sims 2 and ever other toddler baby related object.
  • Options
    fayeabfayeab Posts: 6 New Member
    1. I want sims in The Sims 4 be able to hold their toddlers hands and walk with them around the house or outside. 2. I would like toddlers be able to swim in the pool with a baby floats. 3. I would like toddlers to be able to dance. 4. I would like toddlers to be able to sleep in a regular bed with their parents or by themselves. 5. I would like toddler to be able to crawl out their crib. 6. More hairstyles for toddlers males and female sims ethnic and regular, (the sims 3 only had a few hairstyles). 7. I would like toddlers to run around inside the house and outside, and you can play chase with toddlers. 8. I would like toddlers to be able to eat different types of food and desserts chopped up in pieces for them. 9. I would like for toddlers to have all of the clothing category as all the other sims have, (The sims 3 just had 3). 10. I would like to see toddlers have peddle vehicles or batter run vehicles that they can ride in.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,194 Member
    Toddler Tally Ho

toddlerpony_zpseda617fg.jpg
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    TinaGFTinaGF Posts: 16 Member
    Let them play more we need a pack where it focuses on not only giving us toddlers but it should focus on kids and toddlers and maybe even babies. Definitely get the babies away from being a piece of intractable furniture. have little toddler bikes, baby baths, changing tables, swings, pool toys, tub toys, fun pet and weather related things once those come in. have a sprinkler and a water slide basically bring back all the fun for babies, toddlers and kids from the Sims Games 1,2,3 plus more trust me people will thank you for it!
  • Options
    BunchaGrapesBunchaGrapes Posts: 14 New Member
    I would love toddlers to be mischievious as they are in real life. There shoul be temper tantrums, refusing certain foods, scribbling on walls, interacting with other fmily members and friends, have lots of clothes, toys and hairdos. There should be time outs,
    stand in the corner. You know, like real toddlers.
  • Options
    Mandie997Mandie997 Posts: 155 Member
    I'd be cool if twin toddlers had some sort of special interaction. Like twin ESP.
  • Options
    matt8110matt8110 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like for babies to be un-attached from the bassinet.
    I would like to see babies go from newborn, to about 6 months old where they have to be taught to sit up and crawl and you have to feed them, from that to toddlers where they can have temper trantrums like the terrible twos, and from toddler to preschool, from preschool to child, from child to preteen, from preteen to teen (Who are shorter than adults) with a whole lot more activities for all of them to do that would be awesome.
  • Options
    devil1991devil1991 Posts: 7 New Member
    I am pretty sure that one of the developers have already children - so atleast u should know what ur toddlers were doing when they were at that age. What they for example did to go on their parents nerves. what makes them happy, sad. What embarrassed them and so on... but well its a good idea to ask the community - cause the community has always the best ideas ^^
    Most of the things what toddlers should do are already said so i dont want to say all these nice ideas again.

I wish that with toddlers there should be the possibility to send them to a kindergarden. Which does not mean "send them out of the household and it will come back after 8 hours having no idea what they did" - it should be a career maybe in "Get to work" style. That would be awesome!

I think there are so many ideas and as far as i know The Sims, not everything will be included - but i hope that toddlers feel "real" at the end so that most of the people say "WOW! its better as expected".

So if u want to include toddlers please TAKE YOUR TIME! I really dont want to feel disappointed :)
  • Options
    Rachie_rabbitRachie_rabbit Posts: 26 Member
    reading all these comments are just woah! and Really hoping they put toddlers back in sims 4 but here's my opinion :)
    I think everyone's fashion ideas are great! but most of what I'm seeing is outfits of what people wear today! I don't know about you but I like my girl toddlers to be in dresses/shorts/jeans/playsuits no matter what colour they are as well as little boys I want them to look like the cuties they are!
    I like the idea for safety gates and sippy cups also to bring back highchairs!
    I think instead of hide and seek, we could have peak-a-boo
    also reading,learning to walk,talk and potty train,music would be pretty good as well as they could play in the playground(sandpit,those spring rides and it'd be cute if we could have a little toddler swing)
    and playing in the oceans!

but just to get toddlers in the game would be fantastic!
  • Options
    dedegeardedegear Posts: 88 Member
    edited March 2016
    I really love the direction this thread is going and agree 100 percent. I think it will be cool to have a hidden personality trait such as an ode to Rug Rats Ala Tommy Pickles and Chucky an adventurer trait for the tot that escapes the play pin or crib a certain amount of times, scaredy cat for tots thats sensitive or busy bee for the tots that is in everything. Also I really enjoyed the parents being able to take the Lil one on a stroll in the stroller to the park or wherever but it would be cool if it could also be a family thing sometimes like both parents or parent siblings n tot. A jogger stroller for the exercise buff family. Prodigy trait would be cool and alien or supernaturals ability to gather items through their powers and levitate or disappear or play pranks. Nice to have daycare options, and a partner in crime trait between pet or other tots when tots do things like feed dog food. Have picky eater tots. Ability to teach tots to swim. Have option for tots/kids to spend night at friends or grandparents for parents celebrating aniversaries or just needing alone time. Twins or triplets have special language or can experience what the other feel, n switch places,or parent or others get them confused,optional of course.At end of the toddler stage a special type of photo album for us simmers to display pics of milestones babies first haircut, step, potty, etc.can also work for teens kids at the end of each stage til they graduate from high school,college get married etc. Also ability for tots to model or do commercials in later EPS pets had careers they can too. Option to be in weddings like flower girl or ring bearer.Lastly, for the milestone birthdays like 1 and 2 nice to have special birthday items and let the tots smash the cake.Parents ability to hire a clown including sad clown to ruin party , magician, acrobat or pet zoo for the bday event this can also work for the older kids too don't forget the bounce house n kiddy pools and high chairs for restaurants thanks Devs ps I really liked the option one simmer said about ability to make and store baby food great option for food processor. For daycare option tot should leave with parent who leave and return 1st and have same options as working adults and other school kids like play blocks nap/story time eat paste etc. Also I adore the sims 3 toddler singing n miss the imaginary friend important for development.
    Post edited by dedegear on
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm really enjoying all the ideas in this thread. If toddlers came back I would like them to be more similar to sims 2 toddlers. I dislike the idea of the game giving your child a negative trait because they didn't learn all their skills whilst they were a toddler.

Toddlers should be able to play with each other and any other siblings. They should be able to annoy any older siblings. I would like to see them have their own items like a toddler bed, high chair and of course toys. They should tantrum. They should be able to have baths and if they go swimming have little water wings or use a float. Lots of people have mentioned a daycare/kindergarden option and I would love that.

Older sims should have lots of interactions with the toddler, depending on relationship. Things like read a story, snuggling on the couch, singing nursery rhymes. I think toddlers should be able yo be shy around sims they don't know, like if a unknown sim picks them up they could start crying.
  • Options
    Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'm so sorry I did not read all 29 pages so I hope I am not repeating anyone else's idea.

I know this may sound strange but I would like to see a bit more naughtiness with toddlers and even kids. Not all kids are prefect angles 90% of the time like Sim kids seem to be, believe me I have 4. lol
    I would like to see more interactions than we had in Sims 3. Like maybe the toddlers asking why over and over. Then maybe after the 3rd time they ask adults throw up their hands and get frustrated. Maybe even see a teen aged Sim teach a toddler a "naughty word or phrase".

I also love everyone's ideas. I really hope they will read this and take some things into consideration. :)
  • Options
    timlishtimlish Posts: 150 Member
    I think bringing back babysitters to come over to the house would be cool. And then giving the options to pack lunch's for kids and teenagers.
  • Options
    CloudiiiiCloudiiii Posts: 26 Member
    I would LOVE to see all of the above.
    My ideas:
    *When a toddlers parent comes home from work they get an energized moodlet called something like 'They're Home!' and they autonomously run to the door to greet them.
    *For every stuff pack you have previously owned you will be given one or two outfits (And hairstyles!) for both genders of clothing depending on the pack.For instance for Spooky Stuff they could have a cat costume or something.
    *For every game pack previously owned toddlers get one or two outfits and a hairstyle (Both genders) Like for spa day they could have the same track suit as kids.
    *For every Expansion pack they get three outfits and two hairstyles(both gender)
    *They can have an interaction called "Squabble" which they can do with children and toddlers.
    *Like in Sims Freeplay they can complain about the news
    *They have the option to go to preschool.
    *Learn to swim!
    *A child sim can 'Brag about being older' to toddlers (Teens can as well to children)
    *Toddlers can have temper tantrums that make their parents stressed and their siblings angry or sad.
    *When they move to a new house they can 'Explore'
    *They can try and do monkey bars
    Stay Sparkly!