The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    JulinhoXD2001JulinhoXD2001 Posts: 141 Member
    When the toddlers come, it could come also the Job of Babysitter, and this job could be playable
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    When the toddlers come, it could come also the Job of Babysitter, and this job could be playable

there i babysitter already for teen unless you mean an active career
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    @MelissaStarbees I would also like teenager NPC baby-sitters for after school hours. But for school hours nannies or preschool
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    I would love if there were specific toddler traits like goodie two shoes (basically the one that never does a thing wrong) , mommy's boy/girl , daddy's angel/twin, troublemaker, loud, quiet, and sweet. These traits would then influence behaviors and whims for the toddler and then influence their childhood traits. So a troublemaker toddler is going to want to climb out of crib, write on walls, bother siblings and cause tantrums more often ( hopefully all those things would be possible) and when they age up that sim might have the evil trait or the active trait and may be more likely to enjoy being mischievous. A mommy's boy/girl and Daddy's boy/girl would want to be with that parent more and would copy things they do, maybe even grow up to have similar traits and interests.

Also for objects maybe an indoor play structure ( like a climbable play house similar to those big pirate ships for the outdoors- you know like a play place.) I loved the activity station from sims 3 where there were different interactions on one object, it made it easier to have plenty of activities for a toddler in a small space. So many of the toys for kids are huge or require lots of space which means that you end up having a huge house. Floaties for toddlers in the pool ( one they sit in and some for their arms), toddler pool or shallow pools

Please make multitasking with a toddler a frequent thing. Like toddler on hip or back while cooking, cleaning, doing dishes, painting, swimming and walking. And sitting on lap while doing anything sitting.

I liked what someone mentioned about parents praising or scolding toddler - you could do it like you did with pets in sims3 or 2 where essentially the more you praised for one activity such as using the potty seat the more the toddler would do that behavior above a bad behavior such as in their diaper or on the floor. And if a parent or sibling scolded the toddler a rebellious toddler would continue to do the behavior but a normal toddler would avoid the scolded behavior.
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • Options
    @MadameLee i agree but it would be cool working as a babysitting, nanny or have the daycare career back. but have the 3 as an active career cause i loved having that career in the sims 3
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    Adults could also be able to make lots of baby food and store it to feed the toddlers later
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Let us be able to buy baby food from the "supermarket"
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    @MadameLee i agree but it would be cool working as a babysitting, nanny or have the daycare career back. but have the 3 as an active career cause i loved having that career in the sims 3

If we do get to have a daycare again I would like the option of the 'owner' being able to hire their family members as employees (I read that was an issue with Sims 3 daycare). If baby-sitting is an active career for preteens (Baby Sitters Club?) and Teens, I would like "Kid Kits" (another reference to Baby Sitters Club) and I want the option to use 'reverse psychology' on problem children like Stacey does in one of the books in BSC series
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

If we do get to have a daycare again I would like the option of the 'owner' being able to hire their family members as employees (I read that was an issue with Sims 3 daycare). If baby-sitting is an active career for preteens (Baby Sitters Club?) and Teens, I would like "Kid Kits" (another reference to Baby Sitters Club) and I want the option to use 'reverse psychology' on problem children like Stacey does in one of the books in BSC series

haha that would be prefect. i pray that we do get toddlers ;3;
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    Haiden wrote: »
    I would love to see toddlers have the same mechanics that we has in Ts2.....and possibly expanded on. Ts2 toddlers (and babies) gameplay was a commitment in Ts2 ......many sleepless nights, late night bottle feeds and plenty of interactions to keep their social up, tired moms and dads. I felt this was a very good simulation for that period in sims life. Ts3 toddlers were ok but not as challenging compared to Ts2. I loved how they would stomp in their cribs when they woke up early and eventually learned to "release" themselves from the crib and go play with toys or eat pet food or play in the toilet. Saying that children also need to have more interactions with toddlers than they had in previous games, as only teens used to have more interactions with them.

Please also bring back that bunny thing that when you pulled it's ear, it would teach toddlers charisma,

They also could sleep all night if well fed, specially with heavier food or more than one bottle :D
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    Sorry I haven't posted here in a while, been a bit busy with real life things :)
    Loving everybody's ideas though :) I am certain that EA are browsing this forum for ideas for toddlers for The Sims 4!

Anyway I've been thinkg loads about ideas for toddlers and came up with one that I always wanted to see in The Sims 3 - pacifiers

I've always wanted to see pacifiers in The Sims :) but I want more than just the average pink and blues ones, I want ones in different shapes, like one in the shape of a butterfly or the other in the shape of a flower with petals :)
    I'd like to see ones like this:

71A8HUFT2BL._SL1500__zps3wytucmi.jpg

And also some animal themed ones like this :)

41XpYosuMaL_zpsqzioux1u.jpg

41oE4NNhSL_zpsdwc0gkun.jpg

The animal one above is what I'd give my daughter - it's so cute! <3

I really hope this is added in to The Sims 4 with toddlers because that would just be incredible :) !! Just going to notify @SimGuruDrake and @SimGuruLyndsay :)

Here's hoping we get toddlers and this and everything else that has been asked for as soon as possible :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I hope you all have a great day :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @HCSau just a helpful tip. Next time you write a lot make sure to copy what you've written just in case the site fails on you-with long posts it happens often. Then if you lose the post you can click 'paste' and try again :)
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Love the idea of Kid Kits but then i grew up with the BSC!

Anyhow back on topic, I love the idea of pacifiers/dummies. I also think it would be cute if toddlers could suck their thumb. Perhaps when their needs are low, sort of like a comfort thing?
  • Options
    RachelMeganMeyerRachelMeganMeyer Posts: 8 New Member
    1. [b]Cooperative Parenting:[/b] I think it would be great if a sim holding a toddler could just hand them over to another sim without having to put them on the floor and having the other sim walk over to pick them up. It seems like more work than necessary ahah!
    2. [b]Multitasking:[/b] I also think it would be wonderful if sims could carry two toddlers at once. I'm not sure if that could be done but it would make it a lot more productive to be able to take your twins and put them both in their cribs or high chairs without having to go back across the house to get the other one.
    3. [b]Teaching:[/b] it would be so adorable if parents could both interact with the toddler at the same time. Like in teaching the toddler to walk, it could walk from parent to parent. Or when it's playing with toys or an activity table, both parents could have the oppurtinty to play, interact, and help them learn that skill together.
    [b]In general,[/b] I would just really like to see toddlers as a bigger part of the family than in previous games and to have them be able to interact with everyone in a "group conversation" type setting. Id also like to see the interactions with older sims and toddlers as being more fluid and realistic
  • Options
    FranSimsFranSims Posts: 30 Member
    I wanted children to better react to separation from parents. stay irritation or sad depending on their traits or level of friendship with them, one that could have the interaction of the father or mother has a new boyfriend the kids showed any reaction to that, for example, is quite jealous, or like new the new girlfriend. And a problem I have since I think the sims 3, and when you have a child with a sims not and your family, you do not have many interactions with him, for example, you have the option to stay with newly born, be you want to stay with the baby have to use cheats, to pay alimony until he is becoming young adults, or that the child will have business, and also has the option to invite them to sleep at home or spend a weekend. And have more amusement option, toys, swings, and that remote stand the sims 2 was pretty cool. It would be also interesting to communicate the children when the parents intended to adopt.
    :)
  • Options
    tracytstvtracytstv Posts: 2 New Member
    the game isnot the same without our toddlers.please add them to sims4 for us
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Curly hair!! I would love some really cute hair styles for them! I love curly hair on toddlers. :)
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Toddlers should be able to learn skills and transfer them to their older lifestages.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    SimBrittanyySimBrittanyy Posts: 1 New Member
    Oh, boy. Where do I even begin without making this too terribly long?!

First, I would LOVE to have the ability to multitask with toddlers (and with babies?) I feel like EA really missed a huge mark with this one - imagine all of the possibilities. I would love to be able to watch TV, help older siblings with homework, etc while holding a toddler or baby. Secondly, I would LOVE to have more realistic toddlers. I miss having my toddlers go play in the toilet or the pet food bowls (pets would be needed but still). It'd be awesome to have those interactions back while also having them be able to draw on walls and break toys (especially toys that belong to an older sibling). It would definitely be an awesome way to play with personalities - having a toddler gradually go from needy/clingy to being independent and from being calm to throwing tantrums. Obviously, I would love to see the previous skills (walking, talking, potty training) brought back but would also love a swimming skill and a teething skill. Toddlers should have the ability to get sick, maybe an upset tummy from playing too rough/too much or from eating something. Maybe get fevers and irritability from teething. Definitely would love more interactions between toddlers and family - especially child and teen Sims. Bathing toddlers and babies! I miss that from TS2 and it added so much realism.

List of items I'd love:
    1) Baby monitors. These would work for babies and toddlers. Sadly, parents can't always have a toddler or baby in their arms. Meals need to be cooked, cleaning needs to get done, etc. So, this would allow toddlers and babies to safely stay in another area and would alert whoever has the second baby monitor in their inventory to be alerted if baby/toddler is crying or needs to be attended.

2) Cribs, toddler beds, and functional changing tables. I really miss these and they should be an option. I miss being able to walk to a crib and put my baby/toddler to sleep or to a changing table to change a diaper. Toddler beds would be a great transition from crib before they go to a "big boy or girl" bed.

3) Playpens - Keep the toddlers entertained with toys and activities while keeping them in one area. Especially handy for the toddlers who love to explore and get into trouble.

4) Kiddie pools with the option for floaties - This would help with the swimming skill and would include interactions for T/YA/A/E to teach a toddler to swim.

5) Sandboxes which could also be used by Child Sims.

6) High chairs - Just adds more realism.

7) Walkers & Swings - Walkers help with the walking skill. Both keep toddlers entertained. Toddlers could also nap in them.

8) An array of toys - Stuffed animals, dolls/action figures, blocks, musical toys, the art station from TS3. Some could even increase skill (Painting, Logic, Musical).

9) Gates - Prevents toddlers from going up and down stairs. Yes, I know they wouldn't be able to do so but this is more realistic than just not being able to go up or down stairs. Would also keep toddlers away from pools without supervision from at least a teen - even if they know how to swim.

10) Not necessarily an "item" BUT having a toddler learning channel on TVs would be awesome.

11) Sippy cups, different bottles, toddler plates and bowls, bibs and pacifiers - self explanatory.

12) Toddler chairs and couches - self explanatory.

Interactions I would love (these could be done with Child - Elder Sims)

1) Peek-A-Boo and Patty Cake

2) Read a book with/to

3) Draw with

4) Teach to swim, walk, talk or potty train.

5) Rock/Cuddle with

6) Pick up toys/Place in toy box.

7) Soothe or calm baby/toddler (during teething or tantrum)

8) Put down for nap

9) Scold/Praise for behavior

To be continued..
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    As far as multi-tasking goes, what mom hasn't talked on the phone while holding a toddler? :)
  • Options
    Melissanna-TornaMelissanna-Torna Posts: 2 New Member
    Yay, the toddlers are coming back, toooooooo coooooooooll ;)
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @BooV7227
    I'm not sure on the traits because I like the current number we have at the moment, some of the traits would fit really well for toddlers, mostly the emotional ones (active, genius, confident, creative, hot headed etc), but the hobby ones or the social ones, not so much I think. Perhaps the toddlers could have an emotional trait (what if it was hidden and you discovered it through gameplay ? ;)) and you change it when they grow up.

@peterskywalker
    I think a toddler version of the children skills would work great, and maxing a toddler skill could unlock the children ones so you can have a head start, like the children/teen transition. I would not put walking at the top of the toddler skill, more like in the middle, so you can unlock jumping/running/going up and down the stairs after. If your toddler is active for example, he would be energized often and would level the motor skill rather quickly. Or you could put a lot of energizing toys in his room to stimulate him. Then it's a matter of balance, and deciding how long it takes to reach the max level.

Toddlers could have a Grow Up aspiration with the three main objectives being Talking/Walking/Potty Training we are accustomed to, and unlock a trait that boost toddlers/children skills acquisition rate. Or some more specialized aspirations but perhaps it would be too close to the children ones.

Emotions could be really fun for toddlers, just the angry toddlers alone have so much potential !
  • Options
    JulinhoXD2001JulinhoXD2001 Posts: 141 Member
    When the toddlers stay hungry, he/she could suck his/her thumb
  • Options
    SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    Yes, this would be great to bring back this life stage as it is not the same without. Keep the ideas following I am loving most of these!
  • Options
    BlueJeans04989BlueJeans04989 Posts: 84 Member
    Wow, lots of great ideas! Just a few on my mind that I didn't see (and I might have missed them since I'm just catching up...)

1. Toddlers should exhibit parental preferences (typically for mommy, but for whichever parent they might fancy at the moment). Ever been holding a clingy toddler when their MOMMY walked into the room? ... you are no longer relevant.

1. Once toddlers are potty trained, I'd like to see them use the "big" toilet, but then need help finishing up (they might sit there and scream for attention, whereby the adult would have to come take them off the potty). And have accidents on occasion...

2. Doors should have an options on them: "Open / Closed / Auto" giving the parent or older sibling the opportunity to close the door without having to lock it. The door, when closed would be impenetrable by toddlers (and maybe one day, pets). BUT...

3. Once a toddler learns to walk, they would to be able to get into more and more things. Some options might be:

a. climb onto furniture
    b. take a stool wherever they want to climb
    c. open the bedroom door of their sibling and mess up the room (take out toys, unmake bed).
    d. get into Mommy's room and, if there is a makeup table, get into mommy's makeup
    e. open bottom dresser drawers and "play with socks".

And, as everyone else has said, lots of stuff, lots and lots of stuff, and some more stuff. There is little time in the life of a human, when they have more STUFF than the baby/toddler stage.

For that matter, what about charging for diapers? That would also be an incentive to potty train early.
    And charging for formula? Then add an eating skill that will allow parents to wean kiddos off of formula or breastfeeding.

Those are my thoughts. I loved toddlers in Sims 2 and Sims 3, but thought the Sims 2 ones were a little more fun due to the extra features like bathing them, and having to clean up their diapers off the floor if you didn't use the changing table.

Oh, and bring back Nanny's who track your schedule and show up at the same time every day (well, in theory anyway)... only please don't let them be completely stupid like the last set...maybe even have "interviews" for the position, where your Sim could peek into the skill set of the interviewee and decided which Nanny to hire. And even let Nanny be a career choice!