May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Toddlers learning to eat using a spoon and a toddler's fork.
  • Options
    RachelMeganMeyerRachelMeganMeyer Posts: 8 New Member
    I love the ideas of basic toddler skills! To add on to what other people have said, I think there should be consequences for children if toddlers don't learn these skill sets. For example, if a toddler doesn't achieve the walking skill, maybe they're clumsier as a child and are more likely to get negative animations when interactimg with motor skill objects. If they don't learn to talk maybe they could be shy and have a harder time making friends and have a higher chance of getting embarrassed when socializing. If they aren't potty trained maybe they could wet the bed sometimes or clog the toilet more often. If there is a logic skill they could maybe have a harder time in school. I feel like any other toddler skill could be an elective and not negatively affect children if they don't master them. I feel like the staple developmental skills sims learn should be reflected throughout their childhood to enable a sense of progression and accomplishment :)
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Thank you for this thread and these wonderful ideas that are so needed.
  • Options
    lossonlosson Posts: 3 New Member
    Eu sou um grande fã, e to esperando ansioso pelos bebês, e irei me conformar com o que vier... ^^
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    losson wrote: »
    Eu sou um grande fã, e to esperando ansioso pelos bebês, e irei me conformar com o que vier... ^^

um......what?
  • Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

um......what?

He likes the game, can't wait to see toddlers, and will be happy however they are made. (my portuguese is rusty but you get the idea ;_;)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Ninoochat wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

um......what?

He likes the game, can't wait to see toddlers, and will be happy however they are made. (my portuguese is rusty but you get the idea ;_;)

Thanks.
  • Options
    rosiejones500rosiejones500 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to see a toddler go through 3 stages. New toddler (crawling and no words 12 months old), Stage 2 toddler (Begin walking {Toddle} and start saying words like a 1 1/2 -2 year old), stage three toddler (walking really well and talking well like a three year old). As they age their hair would get longer and they would get taller and thinner. I would also like to see daycares and preschools as job opportunities that you could go to and work. And even one day a school teacher and be able to go to the school and teach the children. I would like to see toddlers grow big time and be able to achieve goals like children and teens.
  • Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Praying for the day these ideas form part of Our Sims Play!

a great deal of thought has gone into many replies, I love so much of what's already suggested, so I am going to say "ditto"
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    This thread Is beyond amazing. :trollface:
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I can already see my babies becoming toddlers. :):D
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    Just had a horrible thought, Are they doing this so that we stop complaining and everyone stops mentioning toddlers everywhere except on this thread. Jeez I need some new content D:
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    All of the above!
    Also add the changing table/bath from Sims 3 for toddlers.
    Yes it wasnt necessary as you could change your toddlers by just hoisting them in the air (boring) I always preferred using the changing table with the perils of having the talcum powder explode in your face (has had that irl) and your baby boy getting over excited and peeing at you as you try and change his nappy (yes has had that happen to me aswell)
    Loved being able to give my dirty kids a bath!

This is the most fun part of changing diapers on a baby, all that adrenaline (yep I also had that pee part IRL with my lil brothers....countless times)
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    CrichtonFanCrichtonFan Posts: 11 New Member
    I love everyone else's suggestions for toddlers. I'd like to see toddlers fall asleep with any family member whilst watching TV together. I'd like to see neighbours coo at them and pick them up. I'd also like the baby sitter to come back. It'd be great for them to be able to occasionally get sick and have a doctor come by and offer the parents a regime of care and medicine until the toddler is well again. Later if we ever get pets it'd be wonderful if the pets could cuddle up with the toddler and that they could fall asleep together wherever they are wether on a blanket on the ground or on the living room sofa.
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    I love everyone's ideas in here and I can't really think of anything else to add..but I would just like to say something (sorry for the incoming rant :D )

So, I've been playing The Sims 4 for awhile now (probably like a year at most?) and a couple days ago I decided to take my sim Jackson (profile picture) to the park and when we arrived there I was shocked. It's like I had an Epiphany (sudden realization) what was missing from my play style. All this time I had been sending my sims to a mix of partying and working.. I never once thought of starting a family until I saw all the Children running around the park and playing on the playground equipment. It was so interesting to see considering the sims I've been playing had no babies, (obviously no toddlers) and no children. I had my sim interact and play "monster" with the kids and my heart melted.

I started thinking about my own upbringing at that moment. I was/am raised in a household full of love and compassion. I was pretty sick when I was a kid.. and it was my parents who helped me all those years and raised me up to be the man I am today. I was blessed enough to have parents who actually cared enough to look after me, to think about me before they thought about themselves and even now whenever I see my mother she always thinks of my needs before her own. It makes me feel choked up thinking on it even though both of my parents are still around today. I suppose you could say I feel an overwhelming amount of gratitude towards them for taking time out of their lives just for me. They didn't know what kind of person I would grow up to be but they put their ALL into raising me and my other two siblings.

With that said.. I 100% feel toddlers is a must to have. I do have an attachment with all 8 of my sims but if they had a period of their lives where they were toddlers I would probably be even MORE attached than I already am. I would remember teaching them how to walk, how to talk, praise them when they succeed at something good and scold them when they do something not so good. There's so many things that the toddler life stage offers.. and one of the most important things it offers the player is the chance to fall in love with their sim(s). When I think about raising a sim from a baby > toddler > child I start to think how my own parents felt when they raised us up til our adult age. Did they feel a sense of accomplishment from all the years of grooming us and preparing us for what society had in store?

I totally want to feel that in The Sims 4! Now that I think about it the baby life stage offers NO chances for the player to get attached. This is just my opinion. So with Toddlers life stage gone .. just think how empty it feels to only receive that attachment three life stages later? (child) & there's also no feeling of accomplishment for the player either since (most) skip baby stage (toddler removed) so they go straight to child (and even they can practically raise themselves xD how....fun. :( )

*sigh* all I'm trying to say is.. I now understand what all the family players have been going on about since TS4 released. Since It's a new year I'm being patient and forgiving towards whoever came up with the decision to remove them in the first place and hoping they'll undo what they've done.

This is going to be a very long year. 293 days left.

If you guys are working on toddlers please consider all of these ideas! (of course don't take on more than you can actually do. Being overly ambitious can bring lackluster results.)

Just please. >:

200.gif200.gif
    200.gif200.gif
  • Options
    DaNaeNae1DaNaeNae1 Posts: 120 Member
    Awesome ideas and very happy there's a discussion for the people who want toddlers

1. Bring back the bathing in the tub and sink/also baby changers and make us order the diapers ,powder,and wipes
    2. Like a comment I saw the baby swings and walkers
    3. Since Sims 4 was all about the emotion system I always wonder why they couldn't put toddlers in for the emotion system...Make it were toddlers can get angry resulting in them having a temper tantrum.... Become sad and they whimper with their lips out begging for a parent to pick them up
    4. Make it were toddlers can climb up the stairs ...I use to do it as a baby myself
    5. Please, we have hospitals make it were the newborns and toddlers have to get their shots
    6. Bring back strollers
    7. Have a daycare proffesion we can work at (get to work) type job....Also have a daycare center to send them to that's not hidden
    8. The snuggling bear idea ,resulting in sleep awesome idea....also learning to climb into the crib ,have them learn how to climb out of it
    THANKS ,everyone has awesome ideas more ideas to come
    The man upstairs is always watching
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    To @SimGuruDrake and @SimGuruLyndsay for taking toddler ideas and to everyone giving such wonderful suggestions that blow my mind:

I love you ALL.

Love-you-so-much.gif
  • Options
    MwpugaMwpuga Posts: 13 New Member
    @simfriend1968 Awesome I was going too jump in with my two cent's but everyone here seems too know what we need. I love your idea of using the trait system with the babies and toddler it makes much more sense for the family oriented sims be able too master the parenting skill faster than those without the trait! Oh and Lol disliked children not only should be bored but angry that they are forced to read parenting books. Which would result in their little ones growing up with a negative trait like commitment issues or hates children trait too! I hope the guru's really are paying attention!
  • Options
    MonkinonkMonkinonk Posts: 120 Member
    > @elanorbreton said:
    > My clothing tastes for toddlers probably differ to a lot of peoples. I prefer little ones to be dressed in things meant for little ones, rather than mini versions of grown-up clothes. Such as:

The traditional clothes is is much more my style. The toddlers I know wear tutus and princess dresses, they wear mismatched clothes in too many colors or hardly any clothes at all. Of course, it would be nice to see content for traditional and more fashionable toddlers, but I would personally love to dress my tot in a tutu and striped tights x)
    tE7NLOj.png
  • Options
    Jordan243Jordan243 Posts: 21 Member
    [quote="simfriend1968;14649389"]There are some wonderful ideas for both babies and toddlers in this thread. I really do hope the SimGurus are reading it. Concerning toddlers, I wonder if they could be made to work with existing traits somehow. First of all, I think that there should be a new parenting skill which sims could master with babies, toddlers, children and teens. There could be parenting books for them to read, as well as skilling which would happen while interacting with (reading to, interacting with or just playing with babies, toddlers and children). Once they reached level 10 of the parenting skill, Sims would have some new socials open up, and they would also be much more effective at everything to do with babies and toddlers.

Existing traits could also play a major role: for instance, those sims who are family-oriented could be really good, much better than normal sims, at teaching toddlers their skills, playing with them and raising their fun and social bars, bonding with them much more quickly, calming them down, making better baby food, and generally just having superior interactions with them. Family-oriented sims would love reading parenting books and children's books, as well as be better at helping with homework etc.

Ordinary sims, without that trait, could do all these things too, but it would take longer and not give quite as much of a relationship boost. Then there could be sims that would have particular gifts depending on their traits: creative sims could boost their toddlers' creative skills much faster than normal sims when they interacted with them using a musical toy or colouring table, read to them or taught them a nursery rhyme, while active sims might be better at boosting their motor skills, and outgoing sims would be superior at teaching social skills. Childish sims would get a lot of fun from playing with baby and toddler toys with their kids, and might be most effective at raising their fun levels. But none of these sims would be anywhere as effective as those with the family-oriented trait. Those with full parenting skills could perhaps be almost as good, but not quite.

Finally, Sims with the "Dislikes Children" trait ought to really have difficulty parenting their toddlers and children. They should frequently get the bored moodlet when talking to them or interacting with them. Their fun levels should drop quickly when playing with them. Meanwhile, on thei skills front, their toddlers would take much longer to learn everything, be more prone to tantrums, potty accidents, whining, and be much more likely to get into mischief and less likely to have fun with their unwilling parents etc. These sims would also take much longer to bond with their children (at whatever age) and to move up the parenting skill levels, and would always get a bored moodlet when reading a parenting book.

Of course I know none of these fantasies about Sim parenting would really happen; they would no doubt be far too complicated to implement. But using the traits and creating a parenting skill would be a great way to take advantage of existing gameplay and incorporate it fully into family play, making the game much more fun for those of us who like that sort of thing.[/quote]

I love your ideas about a parenting skill, and the side effects of traits especially the Dislikes Children sims having a harder time teaching skills to toddlers and even getting bored moodlets from interacting with them! That's fantastic and I hope the gurus are paying attention!
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,491 Member
    I don't have much to add to the conversation because a lot of people have already commented on some great ideas... but, I will say one thing...

Please release toddlers in a *FREE* patch!

I (along with many fans) do NOT want to pay for a feature that should've been included in the base game. Toddlers should at the very least be included in a free patch with basic content (like cribs, high chairs, potty chairs, toys) and features (learning to walk, learning to talk, interactions with other Sims, etc)... then they can be EXPANDED in some kind of 'Generations' expansion pack.

@SimGuruDrake and @SimGuruLyndsay I have no idea if you two have anything to do with whether or not something is a patch or DLC, but I honestly hope EA decides to release toddlers in a free patch and NOT some kind of pack.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    I love all the ideas so far!
    • I would like to see emotions play a large part in toddlers( temper tantrums, over excitedness,sadness) and in the lives of family members and community while around toddlers (toddler tantrums causing tense or sad in parents or siblings, happy toddler makes sim near them happy).
    • Different style beds for toddlers ( one crib like and one shorter and looking more normal ) so that we can replicate a toddler growing out of a crib and into a toddler bed
    • Using get together's club system to create play groups for toddlers and possibly clubs like moms club or babysitters club or even a daycare club
    • Optional preschool/daycare
    • More skills for toddlers - hidden skills like climbing on furniture or feeding self and then real skills like talking,crawling,walking,stairs, musical, motor, dancing, reading
    • Cute family interactions between toddlers and all other ages such as play together, hugging, kissing on cheek and all the interactions mentioned by others.
    • Lots of different clothes and hair styles. Some toddlers can have really long pretty hair that's curly or straight. Toddlers are so fun to dress and make pretty.
    • Walk styles change as they learn to walk better. Also running instead of walking.
    • The ability for them to wreck havoc on everything

Hopefully toddlers will be really complex and thought out,since we have waited so long.
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • Options
    ScifiSOSScifiSOS Posts: 240 Member
    I didn't read all of the ideas, don't have the time to go through 28 pages worth so if something is repeated, my bad. I'm lazy.

1. I'd like to have toddlers be able to interact with each other and other sims of all ages [excluding babies]. It would be awesome if they had their own interactions and their own animation for whatever first trait they have when their younger.
    2. I'd like toddlers to be able to interact with more objects. I'm not sure which, but toddlers and children get into things all the time, it be nice if parent interactions did come with scold and encouragement and etc. This could possibly mean more skill objects too. I would think other than walk, talk, and potty there would be more for them to learn. It would be nice that once they learn walk or talk they unlock more skills such as ABC's which translates into charisma as they grow up and etc
    3. I'd like bathing in a tub or a sink option to come back.
    4. I'd like to see a parent having to take their toddler to a dress or mirror and toss them into the air to do that spin thing when changing. Because toddlers can't do that by themselves. Not really at least. OH and option for them to play with the dresser [which leaves a mess of clothes and etc]
    5. I'd like an option where parents can put them in baby carriers, strap them on, and take them out w/ them. Strollers hopefully make a come-back.
    6. I'd like an option for a parent to drop them of to daycare instead of having a nanny [just an option and it would cost extra too]. While at daycare the child may learn a skill or make improvements in a skill [also make friends/enemies with other toddlers so that cute stories like ____ stole a crayon blah blah blah]
    7. An option where the dad or mommy sim can nap with the toddler in the bed if there is no one else occupying it. [it be awesome if they included this with children were they get scared and sleep with the parents lol]
    8. Toddlers coloring on walls and making messes that affect the house

and thats all i can think of for now.
  • Options
    CrichtonFanCrichtonFan Posts: 11 New Member
    I'd love to see toddlers being able to fall asleep with family members whilst watching TV. For them to be able to sleep with parents in the parents bed. For them to be able to get sick occasionally and for the parents to be able to call the doctor for treatment support. For family members of all ages as well as friends and neighbours to be able to carry the toddler while conversing. I'd especially like toddlers to be able to eat with family at the dining table by having their high-chair pulled up close to it. For toddlers to learn by watching others talk or from watching them do chores or skills, like trying to dance to music. I'd love to see them interact with pets later on and for pets to be able to cuddle up and sleep with the toddler. Apart from this I'm happy as well with other people's suggestions.
  • Options
    SimTT2003SimTT2003 Posts: 11 New Member
    Toddlers
    i would love to see more interactions with the toddlers like in the sims 3. Here is a few things i would like as well:
    Objects:
    they should have a small child bed the they can get into once they learn to walk (assuming they will still have learn to walk)
    all things from TS3, playpen for napping and a larger one to play in with more things to do
    the gate on the door option should come back,out door baby swing, twin strollers or trips
    toy riding car the kids can use too(that would be really fun!!)
    floor play mat, bouncer, small bath,baby pool and pool
    small table set, walker that they can also eat on
    CAS:
    more hair styles separating boys from girls
    earrings and bracelets
    Basically better/more options
    Those are my thoughts on toddlers lol we should get a lot since they were cut for the start !! :smile :wink:
    Preteens
    As far as preteens go that would be amazing the should be able to do things like use lemonade stand and paint
    learn to make money and learn to cook it would be really exciting to have them for the 1st time
    bring bikes skate boards scooters and the toddlers could have tricycles
    it would be cool it they could have poster board projects to prepare the we create
    skills that can be received until they are out of should be graded as the get older the grades change because the can learn a higher level example
    kids 1=C 2=B 3=A
    preteen 2=C 4=B 6=A
    Teen 3=C 5=B 7=A
    Only certain skills at certain ages

I could go on forever hope this helps :smiley: