Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Did I Just Pay $10 For?

There's like 1 hair, ridiculous flowery clothes I'll never use, a bunch of stone chairs and some unnecessary arches. The monkey bars is cool. The fountain is a waste of space. The wishing well gave me awful outcomes unless I offered $5k. Soooo when am I supposed to get my money's worth?

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,251 Member
    It doesn't worth it.

Just wait the sales or a cheaper The Sims 4 bundle/collection.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    itsug wrote: »
    Some of the more negative outcomes are hilarious, same with some of the.. positive ones. ex: I had my girl wish for youth, and wish was granted, she got eternal youth! (she became a ghost) I used testingcheats true to remove the cooldown of the wishingwell and wished for life... Well, she got an angelfish and a youth potion to make Ambrosia. I had one of her dads wish for riches, he got 26k. the other dad burned to death. :D
    Naturally after these fun and disastrous events, I decided not to save, hilarious as it was. :)

Yeah I didn't save either after messing with the well lol. I may play with it some more later.
  • Options
    Wait you are crazy if you don't think its worth 10 dollars that fountain and the wishing well its self would be worth 10 dollars easily if they had that in the sims 3 store so you are pretty much getting hair clothes and furniture free.

That fountain didn't seem interesting to me especially with all the space it takes up. You can add soap, boring. Play it in, boring. Toss a coin, boring. Just got a "meh" reaction in all honesty.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Wait you are crazy if you don't think its worth 10 dollars that fountain and the wishing well its self would be worth 10 dollars easily if they had that in the sims 3 store so you are pretty much getting hair clothes and furniture free.

That fountain didn't seem interesting to me especially with all the space it takes up. You can add soap, boring. Play it in, boring. Toss a coin, boring. Just got a "meh" reaction in all honesty.
    Yes but if you ever paid for anything in the TS3 store you wouldn't be complaining. Even though I have 95% of The Sims 3 store their stuff was way over priced. This is reasonable and it adds gameplay none of the SP in TS3 added gameplay.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Yes but if you ever paid for anything in the TS3 store you wouldn't be complaining. Even though I have 95% of The Sims 3 store their stuff was way over priced. This is reasonable and it adds gameplay none of the SP in TS3 added gameplay.

I don't feel like I got my money's worth personally because it's filled with items I'm not gonna use. If it was $3 or $30 I'd still feel the same way off principle.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    If you didn't like them why did you buy it? You didn't saw the trailer?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

I don't feel like I got my money's worth personally because it's filled with items I'm not gonna use. If it was $3 or $30 I'd still feel the same way off principle.
    Then why did you buy it? That is stupid to buy something you won't use.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Then why did you buy it? That is stupid to buy something you won't use.

I'll give it another shot later. This is just my first impression.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    I haven't bought it yet , but plan to do so as soon as I get to my computer. I watched a review... I loved all of the hairstyles (wish there were more!), I loved the way the collumns, fences, gates, benches, picnic tables and things seem to match the ruin stuff from 'Get Together'. And think it's cool how many things can be done in and on the fountain. Not to mention the wishing well. It looks like a great pack to me!..... Now we just need more worlds/lots and Toddlers in the game... Lol
  • Options
    It also seems like this pack has less items than other packs.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    If you didn't like them why did you buy it? You didn't saw the trailer?

Wanted to try it for myself. First impression is I'm not impressed.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited February 2016
    I know you''re not talking to me, but...

I'd be more inclined to buy the wishing well from the store than pay for a whole stuff pack.

They can keep the hair, clothes, and furniture. I don't want them. I just want the flowers and wishing well. That's why I prefer the store over these stuff packs. So much junk and clutter in my game for the sake of having the few things I genuinely want.

I don't take stuff I don't want in real life either, even if it is free. If I don't want it, it's going in the garbage, to charity, or being burned by flames.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I haven't bought it yet , but plan to do so as soon as I get to my computer. I watched a review... I loved all of the hairstyles (wish there were more!), I loved the way the collumns, fences, gates, benches, picnic tables and things seem to match the ruin stuff from 'Get Together'. And think it's cool how many things can be done in and on the fountain. Not to mention the wishing well. It looks like a great pack to me!..... Now we just need more worlds/lots and Toddlers in the game... Lol

I don't care for all that fluff environment and ambiance stuff. I want stuff my Sims will use.
  • Options
    freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    i know i will not buy this crap i watched a few overviews and was not impressed one clay hair clothes are boring and plain and i dont use flowers very seldom have weddings and omg the wishing well what a piece of garbage i saw a father turn into a ghost a boy lost all his skills and a girl went from a c to a d on her report card some people may like it but i would not get it even it was free
  • Options

I'd be more inclined to buy the wishing well from the store than pay for a whole stuff pack.

They can keep the hair, clothes, and furniture. I don't want them. I just want the flowers and wishing well. That's why I prefer the store over these stuff packs. So much junk and clutter in my game for the sake of having the few things I genuinely want.

I don't take stuff I don't want in real life either, even if it is free. If I don't want it, it's going in the garbage, to charity, or being burned by flames.

Exactly. A lot of people like a bunch of items just the say they have it. They care more for quantity than quality but I'm not like that either.
  • Options
    i know i will not buy this crap i watched a few overviews and was not impressed one clay hair clothes are boring and plain and i dont use flowers very seldom have weddings and omg the wishing well what a piece of garbage i saw a father turn into a ghost a boy lost all his skills and a girl went from a c to a d on her report card some people may like it but i would not get it even it was free

You wouldn't want the pack even if it were free? Sheesh! Lol I get what you mean
  • Options

Considering I won't use CC hair I like them for the hair. I don't think any of the CC hair looks good on the sims and I could find cuter clothes on CC sites. I like the rest of the stuff paying to get new hair is why I bought it. But yes I understand where you are coming from to.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    You're right op you for sure have the right to complain about it. I did notice you made a thread about not buying stuff packs any more just because they're cheap. Also if I'm not mistaken you were commenting in another thread (and I wouldn't ever put words in your mouth) but it didn't seem like you were thrilled about the new pack.

I realize after reading through this thread that you wanted to see for yourself what this pack was like. That makes sense and all but I think you would be a much happier camper if in the future you waited for a review or even a picture thread to help you make a more informed decision. I'm not trying to tell you what to do so I hope you don't take it that way, just offering some friendly advice.

Yes yes this sounds like me lol. I typically wait for LGR but didn't with Movie Hangout or this pack.

I like to buy them because if I download a mod or gallery house that requires a certain pack I want to have it already to make it easier. It's a bonus if I get something in the pack I really enjoy. But as I've said this isn't my final statement on the pack just first impression.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    If you're so picky about content then I suggest you wait next time for other players to show what the pack has to offer before you decide to purchase or not. You only have yourself to blame for this one.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options

Considering I won't use CC hair I like them for the hair. I don't think any of the CC hair looks good on the sims and I could find cuter clothes on CC sites. I like the rest of the stuff paying to get new hair is why I bought it. But yes I understand where you are coming from to.

That used to be me. I only recently started using CC in my game and it's made it much more enjoyable. But I realized regular in game hair and clothes seem bland now.