Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am curious to know since the updates in Origin- Who still can use their Create a World tool ?

I have read many feeds here about the Update of origin causing many difficulties in your games. I am curious to know - to hear from those of You who still make worlds how it has affected you ?

I myself since I have only been playing Sims 3 since 2014 - My Sims 3 Disk is after " Going Social "- so I have had the difficulties with the CAW and Editing-it in my game-I hit a brick wall there..So I have looked to others that can make worlds- and may I say You out there World makers - who have shared their worlds either on the Sims 3 exchange or from Your own sites-- are all talented..I hope this update has not messed anything up for you in making worlds..

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    The patch is incompatible with CAW. I will not get the patch because of this alone, the needing to run through Origin isn't ideal for me personally but it shouldn't break the game. Ruining CAW DOES break the game for me so it is just not an option. I don't look to them getting it fixed as promised either. I enjoy the freedom to create far too much to mess with that patch.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    I have the old version of the game and have never made a world but have had a couple of false starts and perhaps I will do it one day.

The thing about the patch to me is that I am extremely impatient and all I need to do now to launch is click the icon in my status bar. It runs TS3W.exe and my game launches.

If I had the patch I'd have to wait for Origin to launch (and patch if it was going to patch that day). At this point I'd be ready to run away from my computer. But if I did have a day when I really wanted to play, I'd have to launch the launcher. And wait for that to load. I'd be really cranky by now.

I know what it feels like to go through the process with Sims 4. Whenever I launch Sims 4 these days I'm trying to close it down a long time before it actually opens and when it does eventually open I just shut it down. Therefore, I don't bother launching it any more. Naturally I won't be buying anything beyond the Sims 4 base game that I already have.

Once my Sims 3 launcher was finally open, and if I were still determined to play the game. I'd have to click each and every Expansion and Stuff Pack (or make sure they are still clicked) in the launcher. I own all of them and wouldn't consider trying to play without all of them installed. I bought a gaming computer so I could do that.

Then I'd have to wait for the Sims 3 to launch. (This is the point I start at now without the 1.69 patch.)

Then I'd have to open my saved game.

Changing what is currently a two click process for me to potentially an over 20 click process just to launch my game would infuriate me beyond belief and just the thought of them intentionally doing that to people has made me mad enough without actually allowing it to happen to my game.

I am thankful I got my disk early and when the day comes that I can no longer use it to install the game on a new computer, I'll miss my Sims but move on to do other things. I probably would concentrate on my other non-computer based creative activities.
  • Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @Jessa_Dakkar Have you shared any of your Worlds on the exchange ?- or do you only make them for yourself? -

- I had started that way, just making a world for me to play, I got bored with EA's worlds, and started playing with CAW, I had made several worlds only to trash them , then I had one perfected, Only to try to go in to edit it in my game-- then -- I could not... So right now I have to satisfy my artistic outlet with just building...

How long have you been playing Sims 3 @Jessa_Dakkar ?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I don't allow Origin nor the Launcher to update so I didn't catch it. My CAW is fine and ready when I'm ready. :mrgreen:

Sorry that so many can't use CAW or EIG. :(
  • Options
    @Rflong7 - I have one of your worlds, It is Awesome.. Thank you for Your Creations..

You can still make Worlds, That's Great !
    You must be a Simmer from the start- I was looking for the Original Start Disk for Sims 3 - But with this update- I think even if I had it It would Not work... I would have to totally uninstall everything...Even then - I am unsure it would work for me....

How many Worlds have you made @Rflong7 ?
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    @Jessa_Dakkar Have you shared any of your Worlds on the exchange ?- or do you only make them for yourself? -

- I had started that way, just making a world for me to play, I got bored with EA's worlds, and started playing with CAW, I had made several worlds only to trash them , then I had one perfected, Only to try to go in to edit it in my game-- then -- I could not... So right now I have to satisfy my artistic outlet with just building...

How long have you been playing Sims 3 @Jessa_Dakkar ?

I've been playing TS3 since June 2, 2009, release day.

I have only shared one world, since it is the only one that has come close to being finished. I have so many ideas for other tiny worlds to attach to this world (with mods), I can't imagine knowing I'd never be able to do that. I may or may not get around to making them but I need to have the option there. I'd like to start one soon actually. :) Just haven't settled on what kind of world I want the first to be. Island getaway? Alien world? Magic Town? Urbz style world? :) So many options!
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    Like Rflong7 I too did not update my game and keep the automatic updates turned off just so I do not have to worry about losing my main love of the Sims 3, World building. I have several worlds that are available in my studio and have a three sitting around that I am slowly working on. I think I would give up on the Sims if my Create a World crashed and was unrecoverable!
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    @flstrider I checked out your studio- Please tell me more about Berwyn Heights.. Is it a Medium world, is it island like, or country like ? I am interested in Downloading it, I just want to know more...
  • Options
    @Pinkusfamily click on my sig and it will take you to my Worlds thread, there is a link for all my worlds posts you will be able to get the world details, and the progress pics as the world was being built. Hope that helps
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    @flstrider - Thank you~ I checked it out . Looks Awesome ! I have all Sims 3 Expansion Packs, But only 3 stuff packs, What would I need to play ? - I do have Grimm's Door..

Nice Supernatural World !! Very Impressive ! Tell me more, is it populated ? How many Venues and How many empty homes>>?

- I also believe I friend requested You on the Sims 3 site .

Happy Holidays !
  • Options
    @Pinkusfamily the world is unpopulated and I will have to go back into the world to get you the the lot types, forgot to add that information in the world description. I will get that corrected soon, and thank you for noting that! I will get back to you as soon as I have all the information I promise
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Kdubz18Kdubz18 Posts: 82 Member
    I was able to avoid the update. Thank goodness I get to keep working on my first project.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I also avoided the update and have a world to get to work on because I want to finish it.I've got a few more to work on.
    @Rflong7 -I've got an active legacy in Glenvale County and found it would also be great for a 100 baby challenge if you want it to be a challenge for the entire town.
    I decided to skip the update after hearing about it not working with CAW and my notice had glitched out.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    There's an update today and a new CAW version: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/868889/update-to-sims-3-on-origin-caw#latest

Any brave soul out there that would test if EIG is now actually working with the Origin version of the game ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    I tried installing new CAW version today. No joy for me, couldn't get CAW to run.
    Did a system restore, so back to where I was with 1.69 patch & no CAW.
    I guess it's back to reinstalling base & manually patching :(
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    rmbyrdrmbyrd Posts: 2 New Member
    > @StellaToronto said:
    > I tried installing new CAW version today. No joy for me, couldn't get CAW to run.
    > Did a system restore, so back to where I was with 1.69 patch & no CAW.
    > I guess it's back to reinstalling base & manually patching :(

There is a superpatch that EA has made available. Unfortunately i dont have the link. You may be able to find it using search.
  • Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    > @StellaToronto said:
    > I tried installing new CAW version today. No joy for me, couldn't get CAW to run.
    > Did a system restore, so back to where I was with 1.69 patch & no CAW.
    > I guess it's back to reinstalling base & manually patching :(

Hello,
    You have to update your game through Origin first...then patch CAW.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @ rmbyrd
    Luckily I have disc for base game & I always manually patch my game. I have a copy of the 1.67 super patch on file :smile:
    I'm just procrastinating doing the reinstall & I hoped the new CAW would be a quick fix.

Edit: You can get 1.67 super patch here or here
  • Options
    @ KatyFernlily
    The order of reinstalling & patching is not straight forward.
    I removed Origin(having a tantrum), then removed CAW, reinstalled Origin(can't Sim without it), installed new CAW & I got an error message when I opened CAW.
    In my Origin settings I do not allow Origin to automatically patch itself or any of my games, but the last Origin patch still got past my vigilance. :(
    So now I'm a bit weary of the whole process.
    I'll go back to 1.67 anyway because 1.69 changes things I don't need changing.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    The new CAW should be working fine with 1.69. I've been told even EIG works.

Has anyone tried ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    @crinrict wrote: »
    The new CAW should be working fine with 1.69. I've been told even EIG works.

Has anyone tried ?

Not in a Million years would I update to it. :lol:

I hope it works for everyone, though. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    not updating either, but I do hope it works for the ones that got the 1.69 update. I'm still in shock they put it out so fast since they didn't bother to fix it in 2012.
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    not updating either, but I do hope it works for the ones that got the 1.69 update. I'm still in shock they put it out so fast since they didn't bother to fix it in 2012.

Very true. Maybe TS3 is still selling well?
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I'm not updating to 169 and can still use CAW since I'm at 167.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I just read on another site that you can't dl your sp's and ep's with this current origin upgrade unless you patch up. I'm not willing to open origin and find out for myself though. I've told hubby to start hunting for disks if they are still available. I have all the ep disks, some of the sp's, but not all of them.