Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    @Heckstress17 I hate when that happens -- and it seems that comments that 'need to be approved' rarely end up 'approved.' I don't know what triggers that, too! It's never when I use cuss words or too many pics; it just seems random. It's especially awful when it's a super long well-thought out post. Dx Also, I'm thinking about getting some cc eyelashes. Which ones do you use/recommend? I'm getting tired of the block-y eyelashes in-game. :/

Sorry to butt in :) but I use the kijiko eyelashes. They are 3D and come in a tons of different styles in each package
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    Sorry for the lack of updates, guys. I've been building and playing my Newcrest save a lot this week. But I'm loving your updates!

@Tellex That wedding lot is gorgeous! You're making me want to dedicate a lot to weddings... What lot type is it? I find that I never get townies to come to Generic lots, so that might actually be a good thing for a more 'private' thing like weddings. And what size is it? It looks perfect -- not too big and spaced out, not too small and crammed.

Forgot to reply to this bit lol..! Its a Generic lot type that's 30x20 :)

Love your park too btw @OJenn

35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ - I use Kijiko's eyelashes like @BBQPenguinWings. So back to what you said about OR. Thank you for reviewing, I really like how you described it, makes it easier to decide. I don't like sending my sims away, I guess I'm more of a homebody. So I don't think I'd get much use out Granite Falls. I love new objects, skills, and overall just stuff for my sims to do. Maybe Spa Day's more my style. I was thinking about waiting until Black Friday to buy. Nice apartments! That lock door trick must really come in handy.

@OJenn - That little park is so nice! I love how you've placed all the greenery. That's one of the area's I have trouble with when making community lots.

@Tellex - Thanks! Sage and her hubby are still so in love. I'm looking forward to seeing Jay and Aponi as oldies too.

So I posted those pics last night as a test. They were hosted by tumblr and not photobucket. So I'm guessing the issue is with photobucket for whatever reason. If anyone knows of any other sites similar to it let me know please!
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    8th time trying to post this update! Fingers crossed changing the pic hosting site does the trick.

Lily and Vincent have finally moved into their new home. I've named it The Identity Crisis. Mainly because it's cute and traditional on the outside, but young and modern on the inside.
    tumblr_nv083pbPLW1ryemaro1_1280.png

The Dining Room aka my fav room.
    tumblr_nuzjiumggp1ryemaro1_1280.png

Living Room
    tumblr_nuzjiumggp1ryemaro2_1280.png

The two rooms shown together
    tumblr_nuzjiumggp1ryemaro3_1280.png

Downstairs Bathroom. Loving these mosaic tiles I downloaded.
    tumblr_nuzlheHukT1ryemaro2_1280.png

Lily's Study
    tumblr_nuzlheHukT1ryemaro1_1280.png

Master Bedroom
    tumblr_nuzlheHukT1ryemaro3_1280.png

As I said before, Vincent's in the culinary career and doing quite well. He's the worlds most confident chef! lol
    tumblr_nuzth1GC6E1ryemaro1_1280.png
    tumblr_nuzth1GC6E1ryemaro2_1280.png
    tumblr_nuzth1GC6E1ryemaro3_1280.png

They're getting along very well ;)
    tumblr_nuzw6hwn9S1ryemaro1_1280.png
    tumblr_nuzw6hwn9S1ryemaro2_1280.png

I'll be back later. Happy Simming!
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @Heckstrss17 - Thanks! Sometimes I think I go too overboard with the greenery. And speaking of OR I sent them family on a mini vacation before Savannah ages up. I am hoping to have pics later with their adventures. Vincent and Lily look so cute together, love a man that can cook! And that nickname is hilarious, have to say I love the design since its actually pretty close to my own personal style. Vintage/Modern mix :smile:

Thanks @Tellex I wish I could have made it look similar to my first build but it's grown on me.
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @BBQPenguinWings Thank you!! I just downloaded them all. Time to go in-game and see which ones I actually like. xD

@Heckstress17 I think you would like Spa Day more then. It just seems to have a lot more "stuff" than OR does. All of the Spa Day stuff (yoga, meditation, incense, sauna, massage table/chair, more [healthy] recipes, etc. etc. Some of the CAS items even look more like lounging-around-the-house clothes than workout clothes, which is nice) can easily be in a home, so you don't necessarily *have* to go to the spa to enjoy it. Whereas OR definitely pushes you to go to Granite Falls more often. (When Sims get home from work they often have the +2 Needs Vacation moodlet that can easily push them into Very Tense if they also have the Overworked and Low Fun moodlets. Ugh.)
  • Options
    @OJenn Beautiful park! I like that it has more to do than the generic park things (chess, kids' things). I get that EA has requirements for their lots to help beginner builders know where to start, but for those of us with more creative ideas, it's hard to find work-arounds. I mean, that jungle gym is massive, lol. Takes up a good portion of any lot. Thank gawd for basements! (That's where I've been hiding all of the lot requirement things that don't fit into my design. xD)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @OJenn Beautiful park! I like that it has more to do than the generic park things (chess, kids' things). I get that EA has requirements for their lots to help beginner builders know where to start, but for those of us with more creative ideas, it's hard to find work-arounds. I mean, that jungle gym is massive, lol. Takes up a good portion of any lot. Thank gawd for basements! (That's where I've been hiding all of the lot requirement things that don't fit into my design. xD)

Haha basements! Thats brilliant and yet another reason I positioned the park where I did. Most of the towns have spots with things that sims use like the place where the big park was has restrooms across the street from it. I made it a retail space bawhwhaha. I am not entirely thrilled with what I made but it's my first retail lot with multi-shops. Roofing is my arch-nemesis.

9e0241582d.jpg

9ad670965f.jpg
  • Options
    Welp, I got the shell of the retirement home done before my entire PC crashed. Blue screen + frowny face...thanks, HP. I hope I saved it after I finished the flowers in the front. *fingers crossed*

Here's what I've got so far... There will be six bedrooms+on suite bathrooms, a greenhouse/coffee shop room (modeled after a room in my late great-grandma's old nursing home -- she used to love that place), a dining room/kitchen, and a (hopefully) cool entryway/hangout area. Then I've got to plan the massive backyard "park" area.

09-21-15_12-44c2a0pm.png
  • Options
    All your lots look awesome! I need some serious design inspiration to get this wedding venue built or Lily and Vincent are gonna end up eloping. Do you guys know if there's a cheat I can enter to be able to place ponds?
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 Use 'bb.showhiddenobjects' in the cheat console, then type "debug" into the search bar in buy/build mode. The ponds are kinda hard to see, but they're near the cupcakes.
  • Options
    SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    tumblr_nv1l5hZ3tJ1stztwzo2_1280.png
    tumblr_nv1l5hZ3tJ1stztwzo1_1280.png
    Anaba aged up!
  • Options
    yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    09-21-15_6-07nbspPM_zpsjsxuvqwr.png i'll put it up once i'm done creating it it he one my lil one has asked me recreate from Sims 3 Not ever thing will be in it as it was in sims 3 so with what I had in expansion, I alternated a bit but did my best to recreate it . Grim Reapers Manor. I just started this yesterday.
    ~sincerely,yunie~
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    xoxJennxoxxoxJennxox Posts: 406 Member
    @BBQPenguinWings Thank you!! I just downloaded them all. Time to go in-game and see which ones I actually like. xD

@JordanNicoleJJ I love the Kijiko eyelashes, but beware, the set that you use for the skin details makes it so you cannot wear rings or gloves. It is labeled experimental and so I tried them out. I now only use the ones in the eyeglass section.

I haven't had a chance to play. I had to hunt down my crashing issue and today was my Sims 3 day for my ISBI, which is about to go up. I will hopefully get in game tomorrow.

Everyone's lots look fantastic. I just can't get the hang of building in Sims 4 and avoid it with a vengeance.

@Heckstress17 you're pictures always look so gorgeous and I love that house.
    @yunanesca My youngest does not play, but is always wanting to try building. His Minecraft addiction is strong, so he never follows through. Your Grim's Ghastly Manor replica looks great!
    Origin ID xoxJennxox
    Jenn's Junkyard - Current Stuff
    Tart ISBI -Completed 12/12/2016
  • Options
    @xoxJennxox I realized after I downloaded them that all the ones I downloaded were under accessories > eyeglasses. I used to have some that were under face makeup (with the clown mask and sunscreen) -- I liked those a lot because I could still use glasses with them, but they were super huge and looked like fake eyelashes. I like that Kijiko's are more natural-looking.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @xoxJennxox thanks :D I'll up load it once it done. :) I liked his house to at least In here we can't die at his door step like there if we don't win his guitar battle lol or ask him soem thing he trick then drown you at his door XD. and my son like Mine craft as well but he won't let me play it lol XD caue I like blowing stuff Up lol so he won't let me near it XD.
    ~sincerely, yuna~ :)
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
  • Options
    Finally!! The retirement home is done, and my build tour is up! https://rebuildwillowcreekrotation.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/build-tour-creek-retirement-village/ Currently, the gen 2 future-spouses are residing there.

Highlights:
    *six bedrooms and bathrooms
    *tons of outdoor space
    *adorable greenhouse/art room
    *cool game room/lounge
    *lots of little private sitting areas for the couples to spend time together <3

Fav screenshots:
    09-21-15_4-56c2a0pm.png

09-21-15_5-07c2a0pm.png

09-21-15_5-06c2a0pm-3.png

09-21-15_5-00c2a0pm-3.png

09-21-15_5-02c2a0pm.png

09-21-15_5-03c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576

• Options
    @JordanNicoleJJ I love retirement home it's beautiful
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
  • Options
    SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    SoooOooOOOOO...... I will be restarting....... I lost ALL of my sims files, my gallery is gone...everything. I thought the Gallery was a cloud thing...but I guess it is associated with saves cause , everythings gone. I have to get some houses build and then Ill make another family :(
    Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Selarono wrote: »
    SoooOooOOOOO...... I will be restarting....... I lost ALL of my sims files, my gallery is gone...everything. I thought the Gallery was a cloud thing...but I guess it is associated with saves cause , everythings gone. I have to get some houses build and then Ill make another family :(

Aww no :( Everyone once in awhile I save everything in my Sims 4 folder to a USB drive so I can just copy/paste it back to my computer in case that ever happens. (That reminds me...I haven't done that for awhile...I probably should, lol!) Also, the Gallery is an internet thing -- once you put it on there, it's saved on there until you delete it. Your *Library* is the cache (edit: maybe its tray?) folder in your Sims 4 folder, and you can lose those in a PC crash. My entire PC crashed today and it freaked me out because TS4 was running. Thankfully i didn't lose anything, but I still have no idea what caused it. Oh well, I guess. :/ Have fun rebuilding!
  • Options
    SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    I uploaded my sims to my gallery, but i never shared them...not sure if theres a difference there. There was NOTHING...even houses I had shared...it was completely empty which makes NO sense at all since, like you said, it should be internet. I have shared Sims and Houses and there is nothing..not sure why I capitalized there. So, I am rebuilding to to restart my story then I will head back to this. Its nice to start fresh sometimes, but I really want my story family back :( I had had them for 2 months.
    Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
  • Options
    Oh no @Selarono !! :( sorry to hear that! Seems to be happening to a few people :(

@jordannichole101 amazing retirement home :) I especially love the landscaping you have done at the front. Very nice!

@OJenn your park is amazing too, I love the Japanese-like feel to it :)

@Heckstress17 that house is really nice! I love how you made it traditional outside and modern inside LOL I did not see that coming, but it's very nicely put together.

I had bit of a busy day after work yesterday so I wasn't able to really play much :( but today the plans are to build Romeo & Krista a house, get Valentina's mental skill up before she ages up and perhaps build an apartment complex. Will post updates later when I'm home :)
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Psst.. @jordannichole101 you might find this handy for your retirement home & apartments.. i'm planing on giving it a crack when I build my apartments http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=557003

Don't download this!!! :( my sims community lots are broken now and they can't visit them waahh!! :(
    Post edited by Tellex on
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

• Options
    I envy you guys and your building skills, I think I will be "remodeling" a lot of prebuilts since that is the hardest part for me. Doing a complete overhaul of a beautiful home I found watching a speed build on YouTube right now.
  • Options
    SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ , Love the retirement home. @yunanesca , lovely job with the graveyard. @Selarono , oh my goodness I am so sorry you lost everything. :( I know this frustration as it happened to me a couple of months back.