Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited September 2015
    @yunesca - Nice house, looks very Grim Reaper like. My 7 year old likes to play sims, but she only likes making families. She loves building in Minecraft though.

@Selarono - Saving everything to your library won't save anything if you delete. You have to upload them with the little cloud icon in the bottom left corner for them to be saved on the gallery. Is that what you did? If they're on the gallery they'll be saved.

@OJenn - I love project runway! lol I see you won the sims version. Congrats!

@xoxJennxox - Thanks! I have a lot of fun sharing my pics :) Looking forward to your update!

@JordanNicoleJJ - You're a lifesaver! I'm gonna be putting ponds everywhere lol The Retirement home looks great. I really love the shot of the fountain and that indoor garden area is such a cute idea!

@Tellex - Thanks lol I can't build an exterior looking modern house to save my life, but I love modern design so I was like whatever it's my house it'll be a little different. I wanna see Valentina age up. She's gonna be your heir right?

@BrandyD83 - Anaba's little round face reminds me a lot of my Lily. She's really cute, looks like he's gonna take after Mom, but have Dads coloring.

If my son ever takes a nap I'll have time to play and update lol wish me luck
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    @ Heckstress17 Thank you very much

I've just completed the Grim Ghastly Manor Reborn.
    I'm play testing it now. I'll get pictures up while play testing and put ina slide :) for you al to see.

~Sincerely,Yuna~
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited September 2015
    @Heckstress17 - Yup! Season one just came to an end (on the forums) it was soooo much fun. I've only seen the show in passing while channel surfing. Good luck getting play time, I think I saw you pop on via origin.

I will be updating later today with Savannah's house. After reading what you guys are all up to with the other kids (aka leaving them in the house when you move out your heir) I think I might do the same since there are only so many lots in Willow Creek.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Here is the slide to Grim's

Ghastly Manor Reborn.
    I kinda left it curtainless and

as simple as grimmy is in his

house is. His undertakins were always

his prizes, more

than just 6 ft, under As many of

his adored items line his

mausoleum.

http://s77.photobucket.com/user/Larein/slideshow/GrimReaperManor Reborn

~sincerely,yuna~
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Savannah is a Young Adult now! And of course I can't decide what career to go with Doctor or Scientist.
    bebtp5.png
  • Options
    SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member
    @Heckstress17 , thank you. LOL good luck!
    @OJenn , She's beautiful!
  • Options
    BrandyD83 wrote: »
    @Heckstress17 , thank you. LOL good luck!
    @OJenn , She's beautiful!

Thanks! I love how she turned out, so torn on her mate
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    @Heckstress17 Valentina will be my heir yes, she grew up yesterday! I'm not disappointed, i'll post pics later on :) Unfortunately I didn't get time to do my update yesterday because my game is playing up...

@yunanesca lovely grim lot :)

@OJenn Saannah has grown up into a very cute looking YA :) she seriously reminds me of Cassandra Goth lol!

@everyone has anyone ever had issues with sims not being able to visit community lots? :( My game is getting stuck on the loading screen (never happened before) and I've had to CTR+ALT+DEL my way out of TS4.. several times.. I've removed the hotel MOD I DL and tried again with no luck :( the thing is I have not had my sim visit a lot in a few RL days so unsure when it actually did stop working! I've deleted the TS4 shortcut and did a reinstall/repair that way with no luck. Any suggestions? - luckily I saved right before trying to visit the lot!

The only other thing I can think is that the new MC Command Center 1.0.14 perhaps broke the game, but that scriptwriter is very good at what he does so I highly doubt it!
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    @ tellex Thank You :D

I do have question about when your in build mode and you have the cheats on as in MOO do you have ot do it the same as In sim 3 to shut it off before save/exiting your game and Uploading it to test it .
    cause I Noticed this second house this done this to is my 5th build "Grim Ghastly Manor Reborn"
    whenI save it took out all of my urns i had placed on my shelves and the de bug light wer out side the house instead of inside it.
    so when you see the screen of ("GGMR") everything is in it place bu al he urns have disappeared out of ther place execpted the gold ones. in the screen and ther alot of urns in this house ~_~: editing process wasn't ment to take this long but eh...sigh i guess i'l have to replace all the urns again in ther places. it seem ther disappeared when I uploaded the GGMR.
    "Grim Ghastly Manor Reborn"

~Sincerely,Yuna~ :|
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
  • Options
    PS: Wedding venues cannot be 'generic' lot types :( they have to be a park, lounge etc. Learnt this while trying to have a wedding in game.
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

• Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @Tellex I had that bug awhile ago. I don't remember if it was a corrupted save thing or a corrupted game thing... My advice is: if you can get to your families in CAS, save them to the gallery. Then go to as many lots as you can (you may have to do it one at a time, exiting the game after each) and save them to the gallery. Create a new save and place some of your things from the gallery in it to see if it fixes the problem. If not, you'll have to uninstall and reinstall TS4. When it happened to me, I remember reinstalling Origin AND TS4, so if all else fails, try that. I don't think anyone knew what caused the bug, but it was in the patch notes one month that it was fixed. Maybe it's back?
  • Options
    Thanks @jordannichole101 i'll give it a go when I get home later :)

@everyone has anyone ever backed up saves & reinstalled with no issues before? I have never done a back-up, I have always started from scratch after a fresh install but obviously in this case I don't want to lose my saves >.< Do I just save the 'saved log' file (or whatever it's called - can't remember :( ) + Screenshots (just because) & Mods and just replace them after the game re-installs? Would that work? :sweat:
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

• Options
    @Tellex I think it'd be best to backup all folders if you want to try to reinstall and save everything. The only "safe" things to delete are last.exception/lastUIexception/last.crash/etc files, the localthumbnailcache file, and everything in the cache folder aside from FileCache.cfg. So I think it's safe to bet you'll need everything else. For sure you'll need the Tray folder -- it has something to do with lots/saved CAS Sims/your library/idk exactly. If it is a save corruption, you'll have to transfer your sims/houses via the gallery to a new save, which is why I recommended uploading them while/if you still can. I've done a 'full' backup before -- saved *everything* to a USB and just copy/pasted *everything* back into the Sims 4 folder after reinstalling -- that worked.
  • Options
    @Tellex Actually, while I was researching what the Tray file actually is (it's My Library, btw), I stumbled across this super helpful article: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/12/loading-a-family-just-reloads-the-map/ You should probably take their advice over mine. xD
  • Options
    I was wonderin any knew why some items don't transfer all my urn's except a few didn't transfer is what i ment in the last post just make it short and sweet question. sorry if i was confusing in the last one. when I up loaed to my library it earsed all the urns's.
    ~sincerely yuna~
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
  • Options
    @Tellex Actually, while I was researching what the Tray file actually is (it's My Library, btw), I stumbled across this super helpful article: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/12/loading-a-family-just-reloads-the-map/ You should probably take their advice over mine. xD

Great! Thanks @jordannichole101 you have been a big help lol! I'll let you know if this works :) !

35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

• Options
    yunanesca wrote: »
    I was wonderin any knew why some items don't transfer all my urn's except a few didn't transfer is what i ment in the last post just make it short and sweet question. sorry if i was confusing in the last one. when I up loaed to my library it earsed all the urns's.
    ~sincerely yuna~

Not everything gets transferred via the gallery. It's an on going thing.

• Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    @Tellex - No! I hope you don't lose your saves. I've never tried to backup files, I was always too afraid I'd mess it up. I'd save the family and lots you've built to the gallery before doing it to be safe.

@OJenn - I did get to play a bit. I remade my big community park and I'm much happier with it now. :)

@yunesca - Like Jenn said, I think it's a probably with gallery. :/
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    DarthNyxDarthNyx Posts: 36 Member
    edited September 2015
    I was interested in joining in on this challenge it seems like a lot of fun! but I can't decide what founding couple to use, and for some reason I can't post a picture of them on here so you guys can help me decide! :(
  • Options
    Huuntress wrote: »
    I was interested in joining in on this challenge it seems like a lot of fun! but I can't decide what founding couple to use, and for some reason I can't post a picture of them on here so you guys can help me decide! :(

Welcome to the challenge! And if I remember correctly you have to be a "ranked" member of the forums. (Have 50 posts) and
    OJenn wrote: »
    Founder Couplings
    • Native American Female | White Male
    • Black Female | Hispanic Male
    • Asian Female | Black Male
    • White Female | Pacific Islander Male

I currently use the third option and I am enjoying the results so far but I know @JordanNicoleJJ has experimented with them all so they would be the expert :wink:

• Options
    Huuntress wrote: »

Welcome to the thread! This challenge is super fun -- I'm currently playing all of the founding couples rotation-style. Personally, I'm a bit bias toward the Native American female | White male pairing, because the cutest kids I've got so far are from them. I'm also a fan of White female | Pacific Islander male; I'm playing their rotation right now and the gen 2 heir is about to age up. :smiley:

As for posting pictures/links, you have to be a member -- 40 posts and some likes. If you want to post a link (to tumblr or a blog or something), just put asterisks (*) in the url to trick the system into thinking it isn't a url. I'll go like your posts to help move things along. xD
  • Options
    DarthNyxDarthNyx Posts: 36 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hello everyone! so I've made a tumblr, I already had one actually and didn't even know about it so hopefully this works.

White Female | Pacific Islander Male
    Jade Mahoe - Cheerful, Creative and Good.
    Kahuna Mahoe - Creative, Loves Outdoors and Music Lover.

Native American Female | White Male
    Naira Biggs - Loves Outdoors, Foodie and Loner.
    Weston Biggs - Loves Outdoors, Athletic, Music Lover.

https:

//www.tumblr

.com/dashboard

let me know if this links actually work lol

Edit: I might make the other two couple options just to see if I like them or not too! hehe

I'll post this link as well just because I'm not sure which one will work.

http:

//purfectkittens

.tumblr.

com/
    Post edited by DarthNyx on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    woopsies, ignore this
  • Options
    @Huuntress The link worked! I love both couples so far! <3 I'm a sucker for redheads -- I think I like the white f | pacific m are my fav. You should totally make them all -- the more the merrier. :D
  • Options
    @Huuntress - Oh my gosh the red head has such pretty eyes! I vote for that couple :smiley: